As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Hearthstone: I hear you got a problem...

• Options
    Lord_AsmodeusLord_Asmodeus goeticSobriquet: Here is your magical cryptic riddle-tumour: I AM A TIME MACHINERegistered User regular
    edited November 2013
    Your deck either needs to be great at rushing, or great at clearing. If you can't clear the board with spells, or throw out your own army of minions, you're basically fucked. I hope as more cards get introduced and the game gets tweaked, other strategies will be able to get fleshed out without necessarily making those strategies worse.

In particular, one thing I'm really keen on building is the Hearthstone version of my Bad Reaction to Simochi Yu-gi-oh deck with the Priest or Paladin.

Lord_Asmodeus on
    Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if Labor had not first existed. Labor is superior to capital, and deserves much the higher consideration. - Lincoln
  • Options
    Kevin CristKevin Crist I make the devil hit his knees and say the 'our father'Registered User regular
    Beasteh wrote: »
    reading about a lock board control deck with like 10 1 mana drops

needs jaraxxus sylvanas and thalnos though qq

I want Malygos so I can do a Soulfire burn deck.

18+ damage at 7 (if I have a portal on deck.) or 9 mana.

Of course RNG will probably just eat the second Soulfire.

acpRlGW.jpg
    Steam: YOU FACE JARAXXUS| Twitch.tv: CainLoveless
  • Options
    BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    i actually got milled by a paladin

so many bubbles and heals

• Options
    SwillSwill Registered User regular
    I am almost certain I will like arena more than constructed

• Options
    facing priest in arena is never fun, ever

• Options
    AngryAngry The glory I had witnessed was just a sleight of handRegistered User regular
    man i don't even know what's going on.

i did the first free arena, go 3-3. now i can't win anything.

definitely feeling the lack of cards.

• Options
    HellaJeffHellaJeff FAB FRESH RAIIINBOOWWWWWRegistered User regular
    The only bummer about arena to me is that because you aren't drafting you can't take cards so other people don't have them. I do love that you don't have to sit down and play until you lose that deck

• Options
    i actually got milled by a paladin

so many bubbles and heals

I want to pillow fort and spam the threaten emote

• Options
    gadgetzan auctioneer is the light

• Options
    ToasticusToasticus yeah YEAHRegistered User regular
    yeah sometimes you just get stuck in a string of really crap luck. just gotta shrug it off and keep truckin

my record for the past five arena runs, starting with oldest:

0-3,
    1-3,
    1-3,
    5-3,
    9-2

there is hope!

• Options
    i didn't know there was such a thing as fatigue damage, huehue

just drew a game i could have won

• Options
    I had the opposite problem when I started, I assumed it would be like Magic where you instant-lose when you run out of cards

seeing the decked priest take a measly 1 damage while he still had full board control, I thought, "oh... shit."

• Options
    jesus fuck this priest

can they just remove the priest class its so unfun to play against

• Options
    edited November 2013
    the abundance of priests in arena is all the more reason to go nutballs on stocking your deck with cheap minions and lean towards "I'm going to run out of cards but fuck it SUPER BURN DOWN STYLE"

plus a lot of people don't reliably pull the removal they would want so it's an even more worthwhile risk than constructed

one time I had a warlock deck I would have expected to do 2-3 or 3-3 go 7-3. it had a lot of mediocre 2 and 3 cost minions but sheer numbers meant all the value in the world couldn't save people... most of those wins were against people with 6 or more cards in hand

conversely arena is the one place I will consider actually holding onto something like an opening hand flamestrike because so many play assuming you won't have it

Toasticus on
  • Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    Draft FOUR TRUESILVER CHAMPIONS and go 8-3.

One of those wins I had a priest quit at like 20 HP just because of how much I had outdrawn him. I already drew like two-thirds of my deck by turn seven.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited November 2013
    Because too many people go Arena priest, you should weigh four power minions slightly higher because of it. Silver Hand Knight, Yeti, Argent Champion, Dark Iron Dwarf, and so forth are good commons for that reason. Cards like cultist are also good but not as good since two health leaves them vulnerable to smite and nova.

Sterica on
    YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    hG8oGHA.png

this deck OWNS i am winning so many plat 3 games with it

• Options
    try dealing with my asshole minions, fuck smellers

• Options
    fire blasting gurubashi berserker every turn is hilarious

• Options
    Lord DaveLord Dave Grief Causer Bitch Free ZoneRegistered User regular
    mages are bullshit swamp ooze is bullshit this game is bullshit

mkc.png
  • Options
    JasconiusJasconius sword criminal mad onlineRegistered User regular
    two arenas, two 0-3's

drew druid/warrior/shaman BOTH TIMES

none of which i play

• Options
    Big Red TieBig Red Tie beautiful clydesdale style feet too hot to trotRegistered User regular
    hG8oGHA.png

this deck OWNS i am winning so many plat 3 games with it

no polymorphs?????

3926 4292 8829
    *おなら*
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    polymorph slows down tempo thats a minion rush deck with mass removal/stall and some card draw

Beasteh on
  • Options
    im actually considering replacing cone of cold but keeping it right now for the utility of halting a dangerous drop while i slap down some beef

• Options
    Lord Dave wrote: »
    mages are bullshit swamp ooze is bullshit this game is bullshit

warrior/rogue im guessing

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    Rorus Raz wrote: »
    Because too many people go Arena priest, you should weigh four power minions slightly higher because of it. Silver Hand Knight, Yeti, Argent Champion, Dark Iron Dwarf, and so forth are good commons for that reason. Cards like cultist are also good but not as good since two health leaves them vulnerable to smite and nova.

honestly all of those cards would still be amazing cards if priest wasn't in the game (argent champion is a rare *pushes glasses up nose*)

very few of these cards are cards i would say EW NO at, most of them are way mana efficient

ancient watcher, arcane golem, stormpike commando and nightblade are basically the only bad 4 attack minions

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    BlueBlueBlueBlue Registered User regular
    common as in not class associated I think
    what are those even called

played some mage in arena who used three frost novas in three consecutive turns it was sure fun

CD World Tour status:
    Baidol Voprostein Avraham Thetheroo Taya Zerofill Effef Crimson King Lalabox Mortal Sky ASimPerson Sal Wiet Theidar Tynic Speed Racer Neotoma Goatmon ==>Larlar Munkus Beaver Day of the Bear miscellaneousinsanity Skull Man Delzhand Caulk Bite 6 Somestickguy
  • Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    BlueBlue wrote: »
    common as in not class associated I think
    what are those even called

played some mage in arena who used three frost novas in three consecutive turns it was sure fun

Basic set

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    neutral

they are neutral minions

basic set are cards you get from unlocking the decks and leveling heroes

expert set are cards from boosters

i look forward to the next expansion and the adventures adding more meaningless terminology

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    Murlock and Burn (Warlock) won it's first match. I will play something interesting when I have more warlock cards than voidwalker and burns

what are adventures?

• Options
    adventures were announced at blizzcon, they'll be single player fights/series of fights that unlock cards, released in between expansions

basically their equivalent of the raid decks from the wow tcg

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    Decks based on a hero/single individual are rad and I thought the idea of raid decks were rad.
    I hated the quest resource system and I didn't really like the art, is my opinion of WoW TCG.

I hope they do multi player vs. Raid thingies. That could be a fun way to kill some hours with bros.

I really do think race cards are going to be one of the first new mechanics. I really want to see more depth get added to deck types, and without going hard in the trap cards, I think that is one way to do it.

• Options
    Big Red TieBig Red Tie beautiful clydesdale style feet too hot to trotRegistered User regular
    Rorus Raz wrote: »

honestly all of those cards would still be amazing cards if priest wasn't in the game (argent champion is a rare *pushes glasses up nose*)

very few of these cards are cards i would say EW NO at, most of them are way mana efficient

ancient watcher, arcane golem, stormpike commando and nightblade are basically the only bad 4 attack minions
    argent commander

3926 4292 8829
    *おなら*
  • Options
    GrobianGrobian What's on sale? Pliers!Registered User regular
    edited November 2013
    Oh hey, when did this thread get here.

I'm also playing this, EU people add me grobian#1937. Also the G&T thread has a spreadsheet for players if you want to play against those dirty foreigners.

Grobian on
  • Options
    Hey where is the feature to play against friends?

• Options
    You can challenge them through the friend list (bottom left)

• Options
    Bellisimo! Thank you

• Options
    GumpyGumpy There is always a greater powerRegistered User regular
    There any more beta keys floating about?

Card games fuel me

• Options
    Gumpy wrote: »
    There any more beta keys floating about?

Card games fuel me

YOu can opt in in your BattleNet account. Also open Beta is supposed to be in December or January and all op-tins should get their key before.

• Options
    Lord DaveLord Dave Grief Causer Bitch Free ZoneRegistered User regular
    I hate that I can't concede without it adding a "well fought" emote even it was a bullshit loss
    Stop forcing me to be civil, Blizzard

mkc.png
This discussion has been closed.