As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Reality is merely an [REDACTED], albeit a very [Spooky] one

• Options
    DedwrekkaDedwrekka Metal Hell adjacentRegistered User regular
    #pipe wrote: »

Sometimes you have to fight off seven guys standing single file in a line.

• Options
    Professor SnugglesworthProfessor Snugglesworth Registered User regular
    JayKaos wrote: »
    I thought it was more of a knife whip at first, but there'd be no way to pull it back for a swing without stabbing yourself.

...Not that rational thoughts of practicality had much impact on the creation of that thing, of course, but I'm sure she'd have tried swinging it at least once.

5297.jpg

• Options
    JayKaosJayKaos Registered User regular
    No that's a whip made of a knife, not whip with knives. Big difference.

Steam | SW-0844-0908-6004 and my Switch code
  • Options
    GvzbgulGvzbgul Registered User regular
    "It amazes me that these deputies were able to take her into custody without anyone being injured, [aside from her]" Sheriff Al Nienhuis said. "It shows the level of their restraint and professionalism under very difficult and dangerous conditions."

• Options
    XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    emWcduX.jpg

• Options
    chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular
    chiasaur11 wrote: »
    Maybe the Smile Room is pretty rad! You shouldn't judge a room by the stygian darkness that seems to pulsate within it, as if breathing, nor should you judge it by the strange metallic smell that seems to ignite the animal panic in the deepest memories of your primitive brain.

Yeah!

Everyone freaked out about unfreezing that weird looking corpse in Antartica back in '38, and look how that turned out.

I thought I should mention that I first thought you were talking about Captain America, but then I remembered The Thing.

I can see the confusion, since most people are more familiar with the '82 movie than the original short story.

It is a good story especially if you like old short form science fiction. Google "Who Goes There", if you're curious about it.

Interesting note? In it, there is a guy named MacReady. He's a meteorologist.

• Options
    Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister It Gets Worse before it gets any better.Registered User regular
    Xehalus wrote: »
    emWcduX.jpg
    W̐̃͗͊͡E̎̄͘ ͬ͊̂̀ͯ̀̃̕A͠R̢̉͌͗̊E̴͆̇̂ͩ͒͒ͤ ̸̇̈́T̂̉ͬ̄HͭͣE̸̾̄͌̂̔̚ ̓̌̃Ş̾̆ͥͪW̐A͋̅́͆̓̌̕R̂̍ͭ͑́̋̔M̵̋̿̏̊͛ͧ
    ̢̽ͯ
    ͥ̔͑̃Tͨ̋ͭ̈̓ͣ͐H͆ͭͫͭ͆̎E̡̐̓̏̄̉ ͠G̅̚L̃̄̀O̒̈̉̇̔̀͒Ȓ̡̈́̋̽͒̒̃Y̊ͪ̍ͬ̋ ̅͆ͩṒ͑ͦ͋F̨ͭ̚ ͌̈́ͫ͌́T̡ͤͭ̈́ͥ̀H̷ͯ̾̂ͯ̚̚Ĕ͑͆̊̎ͯ͌ ͏Q̆͢U͞E͛ͭ̈̅̎ͦ̽́Eͬ̋̀N̡̎̒̒̑ͦ̔ ͮͬ̊I̿̒S̢̾̇ ͛̌ͭͮͪ̒A̍̌̌͠L̍͑ͦ͋͒҉Lͤ̅
    ̈̓̽͑ͬ͟
    ͗͛ͧ̾̔̚T͘Hͮ̀̐ͮE̒̃̅̇ͮ̑̉͟ ͂̓̍̀Hͫͩ̈ĪV͂̎̅ͤ̓̆ͣ͏E̢ͨ ͫͧ̉̅̚IS ̔̽Ä̴́ͩͯÑͪ͌͆̔̽͋D̏̓ ́͆͜Sͣ̅H̉͆͌̅̒ͫ̏A͜L̈̎L̈̒ͩ̊ͧ̎ ͛B̨̂ͤ͋͆̂Eͤ̌̈ͨͪ̔͝ ̉̌̂ͩ̅ẦL̔̿Wͤ͗̃̀̏ͫ̚͟A̓̒ͪ̐ͧ̚Y̓̄͘S̢ͣ

• Options
    PeasPeas Registered User regular
  • Options
    Rhesus PositiveRhesus Positive GNU Terry Pratchett Registered User regular
    That sure is an image to come into first thing in the morning

[Muffled sounds of gorilla violence]
  • Options
    GvzbgulGvzbgul Registered User regular
    Peas wrote: »
    What is that? Did wasps made a nest out of a wooden manikin
    Yes.

• Options
    edited September 2015
    Normally I find TLG's creature to be utterly adorable, but this off-cam footage of its life-size virtual incarnation:

https://youtu.be/sPP4quQ8RoE

not so much.

Professor Snugglesworth on
  • Options
    TankHammerTankHammer Atlanta Ghostbuster Atlanta, GARegistered User regular
    Phobia of adorable kitty cats?

• Options
    ZellpherZellpher Registered User regular
    Normally I find TLG's creature to be utterly adorable, but this off-cam footage of its life-size virtual incarnation:

https://youtu.be/sPP4quQ8RoE

not so much.

I'd blame it on the combination of not being able to see it's eyes and the black lines coming from the sockets. That combo is pretty effective visual shorthand for spookiness.

• Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    JayKaos wrote: »
    I thought it was more of a knife whip at first, but there'd be no way to pull it back for a swing without stabbing yourself.

...Not that rational thoughts of practicality had much impact on the creation of that thing, of course, but I'm sure she'd have tried swinging it at least once.

5297.jpg

to be fair her whip is self aware.

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    Caulk Bite 6Caulk Bite 6 One of the multitude of Dans infesting this place Registered User regular
    Yesterday I had a poorly timed psychic moment*, at work. While out on patrol in the noisy plant, I get a call from one of the workers. I couldn't tell what they were saying, but could at least recognize I needed to be back in the guard shed for what they needed. I told them to call back in five minutes, they agreed, we hung up. At that moment, I had the notion that he wouldn't call until about half an hour later, when I give up and go on patrol again.

Sure enough, half an hour later I'm back in the plant, starting my route and very nearly the exact spot I was before, he called back.

Spooooopy!

*poorly timed, because I'd rather it happened when I was buying lotto tickets.

jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    PeasPeas Registered User regular
    edited September 2015
  • Options
    Butler For Life #1Butler For Life #1 Twinning is WinningRegistered User regular
    So, I just had a curious experience

I got a really nasty migraine today, and went home feeling awful

I got some Chinese food for dinner and ate it

Being something of a hypochondriac, I was sort of panicking, because what if this isn't a migraine and I'm actually about to have a seizure and die etc. standard silly hypochondriac stuff.

So I decide to distract myself by opening the fortune cookie. Fortune cookies are the best! I have loved fortune cookies since childhood.

Fortune: "every day above ground is a good one."

Feeling slightly unnerved, I flip it over to the "learn Chinese" word

Which is tóu tòng- "headache".

I'm not superstitious at all, but I'm feeling a bit uneasy. I remember a superstition BugBoy and I had as kids: the fortune would only come true if our lucky number, 12, was one of the ones on the fortune.

So I look at the lucky numbers: 16, 31, 26, 12

I don't like fortune cookies anymore.

• Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    Man I never get good saying like that. All I get is stuff like, "Sometimes the sky is blue."

Really?

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    Mego ThorMego Thor "I say thee...NAY!" Registered User regular

Being something of a hypochondriac, I was sort of panicking, because what if this isn't a migraine and I'm actually about to have a seizure and die etc. standard silly hypochondriac stuff.

So I decide to distract myself by opening the fortune cookie. Fortune cookies are the best! I have loved fortune cookies since childhood.

I'm not superstitious at all, but I'm feeling a bit uneasy. I remember a superstition BugBoy and I had as kids: the fortune would only come true if our lucky number, 12, was one of the ones on the fortune.

Why not? That cookie was saying you were going to be ok.

kyrcl.png
  • Options
    DecomposeyDecomposey Registered User regular
    Man I never get good saying like that. All I get is stuff like, "Sometimes the sky is blue."

Really?

My husband keeps a fortune in his wallet, from a cookie he opened just before he left for his new duty station at the Korean DMZ. "No man is without enemies."

Before following any advice, opinions, or thoughts I may have expressed in the above post, be warned: I found Keven Costners "Waterworld" to be a very entertaining film.
  • Options
    DaMoonRulzDaMoonRulz Mare ImbriumRegistered User regular
    emWcduX.jpg

Maybe next time you'll remember you DO have spare food for the old woman who knocks on your door.

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    Decomposey wrote: »

Really?

My husband keeps a fortune in his wallet, from a cookie he opened just before he left for his new duty station at the Korean DMZ. "No man is without enemies."

The worst car crash I ever had was quite a while ago, I was driving my parents ute home from work late one afternoon, not really paying attention (too busy fucking about with the radio) as I came to a left-hand bend in the road I'd driven literally hundreds of times before, well this time there was a bunch of gravel on the road surface in the middle of the corner. Because I wasn't paying enough attention and was startled when the ute started to slip and oversteer on the loose surface, I overcorrected and the ute whipped back the other way and I slid off the road backwards, where the ute hit a berm of dirt sideways and rolled onto the roof before smashing into a tree stump to stop. The roof of the ute was pushed almost all the way up from the back of the passenger compartment to the front by the tree stump, the chassis was twisted, the vehicle was a total write off. I'm really very lucky that I didn't die, it was a suprisingly violent accident for the (totally legal) speed I was doing and the road conditions (both sides of the road are lined with trees, when the ute snapped hard right from the over-correction, the rear end actually swung out into the dirt and gravel on the left hand side of the road and smashed down a small tree with a trunk approximately 4-5 inches in diameter).

I got a pretty decent smack on the back of the head from a tyre iron that had been sitting in the rear passenger footwell (always secure your payload/luggage/lunchbox and thermos!) but thankfully nothing more than a bump on my head came of that.

The place where I came to a stop was literally at the base of a very large tree. With a cross and a memorial plaque to a young girl that had died in a car accident in that very location screwed to it.

Sitting at the base of the tree was a fortune cookie fortune that must have been floating around on the floor of the ute for many years (my eldest sister used to work in a Chinese restaurant and takeaway a few years before the accident). I came across it as I was picking up all the random bits of rubbish that had been flung from the inside of the ute during the accident, so I picked it up and read it.

"A guardian angel is watching over you"

• Options
    Butler For Life #1Butler For Life #1 Twinning is WinningRegistered User regular
    Mego Thor wrote: »

Why not? That cookie was saying you were going to be ok.

I interpreted it as sort of a "value the time you have, because you'll be gone soon" thing

I like your version better, though

• Options
    Eu988fE.jpg

• Options
    valhalla130valhalla130 13 Dark Shield Perceives the GodsRegistered User regular
    Wow. That is not somewhere I would want to be. Even knowing its just a regular old ...tunnel thing. With some paint on the wall.

asxcjbppb2eo.jpg
  • Options
    chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular
    Eu988fE.jpg

So, that's where they go if no-one witnesses them.

• Options
    Eu988fE.jpg

How you make Dr Who even creepier.

• Options
    TankHammerTankHammer Atlanta Ghostbuster Atlanta, GARegistered User regular
    Now I'm imagining some kind of dare or initiation where you have to walk as far down that tunnel as you can without a flashlight and when you've taken 200 steps or whatever arbitrary number then everyone else turns on their lights so you can see your surroundings.

Am I a bad person?

• Options
    TankHammer wrote: »
    Now I'm imagining some kind of dare or initiation where you have to walk as far down that tunnel as you can without a flashlight and when you've taken 200 steps or whatever arbitrary number then everyone else turns on their lights so you can see your surroundings.

Am I a bad person?

No lights, no wires, no pipes, and water damage on the stone floor is telling me it's probably a drainage tunnel.

Maybe that seems anti-climactic, but that means it's more likely to have actually housed a dead body at some point.

• Options
    edited September 2015

It turns out Silent Hills would have been the ultimate gathering of the greatest horror visionaries.

The true horror is that they gathered under Konami's umbrella.

Next you'll tell me they had David Lynch on board for cutscene direction.

Professor Snugglesworth on
  • Options
    Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister It Gets Worse before it gets any better.Registered User regular
    Fuck Konami

• Options
    There's gotta be some publisher out there willing to get Ito involved in a horror game.

How has this not happened yet?

• Options
    look at the moon

• Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    Can't

Clouds

• Options
    No Great NameNo Great Name FRAUD DETECTED Registered User regular
    Lookin at it atm

PSN: NoGreatName Steam:SirToons Twitch: SirToons
    sirtoons.png
  • Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    Wait I take it back

The clouds from earlier cleared.

Man I wish I had a good camera.

• Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    Pretty cool moon.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    DaMoonRulzDaMoonRulz Mare ImbriumRegistered User regular
    look at the moon

Hey, come on, I'm friendly

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    so who do we sacrifice

• Options
    so who do we sacrifice

Wait, we were supposed to hold a vote?

Oops.

This discussion has been closed.