Options

Reality is merely an [REDACTED], albeit a very [Spooky] one

• Options
    DedwrekkaDedwrekka Metal Hell adjacentRegistered User regular
    You see one Phish concert crowd, you've seen them all.

• Options
    TankHammerTankHammer Atlanta Ghostbuster Atlanta, GARegistered User regular
    edited October 2015
    Ready to get deep into the Halloween spirit but don't have any aptitude in witchcraft or dark sorcery? Well you're in luck, because now you can download hundreds of spellbooks right on your digital device for free!

http://darkbooks.org/

Such classics as:
    The Book Of Raziel The Angel [Sefer Raziel Hamalakh]
    Basic Techniques Of Sex Magick
    by Aleister Crowley
    Witchcraft A Guide To Magic
    The Grand Grimorie With The Great Clavicle Of Solomon
    Black Book Of Forbidden Knowledge Lucid Dreaming
    Invincible Magick Spells Of The Afghan Mullah Sensees by Muhammad Arabi
    and of course
    Al Azif The Cipher Manuscript "Necronomicon" by Abdul Alhazred

Awkwardly read these and other manuscripts aloud as a joke at your next full-moon slumber party or D&D session!
    Fun for the whole family, living and deceased!

TankHammer on
  • Options
    Mego ThorMego Thor "I say thee...NAY!" Registered User regular
    Go ahead and put your friendly neighborhood Ghostbusters franchise on speed dial before reading any of those books, kids.

kyrcl.png
  • Options
    Professor SnugglesworthProfessor Snugglesworth Registered User regular
    I read Junji Ito's Long Dream yesterday.

It isn't often that I NOPE myself out of the story partway in order to process the fucked up nature of what I just read.

• Options
    JayKaosJayKaos Registered User regular
    Xehalus wrote: »
    v1aiSEu.jpg

Didn't know BOB showed up in photographs.

Steam | SW-0844-0908-6004 and my Switch code
  • Options
    XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    F2NKQoU.jpg

• Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    I moved past basic sex magick techniques a long time ago

• Options
    Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister It Gets Worse before it gets any better.Registered User regular
    How is it that The Twilight Zone is still so relevant and amazing after more than fifty years?

Seriously holy shit. The Twilight Zone is the greatest science fiction television series of all time and I will fight you in the street if you disagree.

• Options
    Caulk Bite 6Caulk Bite 6 One of the multitude of Dans infesting this place Registered User regular
    How is it that The Twilight Zone is still so relevant and amazing after more than fifty years?

Seriously holy shit. The Twilight Zone is the greatest science fiction television series of all time and I will fight you in the street if you disagree.

http://youtu.be/-qjp1he_O2A

jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    edited October 2015
    Not sure if this belongs in this thread, but it's certainly one of the freakiest stories I've been exposed to in a long while.

Two days ago my youngest sister found a baby squirrel in her front lawn. The poor thing hadn't even opened its eyes and could barely move about on its own. My sister and mother wrapped it up, gave it some water, and built a makeshift nest in the hopes that its mother would eventually find it and take it home.

Instead, while my sister was getting ready to shower, she heard a "chilling scream from a little girl". Running outside, she sees a stray cat running off with the baby squirrel in its mouth. Devastated, she cried for most of the day and lost sleep over the ordeal. I felt bad myself, hating to hear any story involving an animal being harmed, especially one that barely started living.

Today, my parents went to my sister's house in order to walk her dog while she was working. What they found startled them; the same baby squirrel was left motionless in front of my sister's house. My father then went on to get a shovel in order to bury it. As he gently slid the shovel underneath it, the squirrel immediately sprung to life: it wasn't dead.

My parents brought it home in a box, gently giving it water while getting ready to take it to a vet that takes in these kinds of animals. I have been informed that the baby squirrel will make a full recovery and is currently living in an incubator at the facility.

Here's a video of the super lucky squirrel just moments before being driven to the facility:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yLwsL5zhwbI

So yeah, probably a more heartwarming survival story, but the way this whole thing played out definitely freaked me the hell out. It's a haunting miracle, or something.

Professor Snugglesworth on
  • Options
    Rhesus PositiveRhesus Positive GNU Terry Pratchett Registered User regular
    Or there were two baby squirrels.

[Muffled sounds of gorilla violence]
  • Options
    JusticeforPlutoJusticeforPluto Registered User regular

Ha, good one. Next you'll tell me my hamster didn't go to a farm but really died!

• Options
    chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular

Ha, good one. Next you'll tell me my hamster didn't go to a farm but really died!

Well, it's sort of both.

It went to the farm in the country, but a dog ate it once it was there.

It's only the dogs that are immortal.

• Options
    edited October 2015

My mother insists that it's the same one. The vet also said that a squirrel having more than one baby at a time is semi-rare.

Plus it totally appeared at the same spot it was found originally, so the odds it's a second squirrel seem low.

But it's utterly astronomical it survived to begin with. The theory is that the cat was scared off by my sister's screaming, so it dropped the squirrel partway. The vet also confirmed it was suffering dehydration, and it very likely would not have survived an extra day.

But it only gets freakier as my father admitted that when he set down the shovel to pick it up, he missed catching the (presumed dead) squirrel with his shovel, instead hitting the concrete floor a few inches to the right of it. The impact of the shovel hitting the floor is what spooked it awake; if he had not missed the first time, he might have broken its legs or something via the scoop.

No two ways about it, it's a miracle this thing survived. It's a happy ending, but the whole thing is still incredibly surreal for me.

Professor Snugglesworth on
  • Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    Wow the squirrels in our yard always have multiple babies.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    The conspiracy thickens!

• Options
    No Great NameNo Great Name FRAUD DETECTED Registered User regular
    edited October 2015
    The cat brought it back to cease your sister's incessant crying.

No Great Name on
    PSN: NoGreatName Steam:SirToons Twitch: SirToons
    sirtoons.png
  • Options
    ProhassProhass Registered User regular
    edited October 2015
    The cat brought the squirrel back, but it came back...wrong

Squirrelringu

Prohass on
  • Options
    CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular
    But the squirrel came back the very next day,
    The squirrel came back, we thought he was a goner,
    The squirrel came back, he just wouldn't stay away.

"If you divide the whole world into just enemies and friends, you'll end up destroying everything" --Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind
  • Options
    https://streamable.com/4ae9
    So somebody I know recently went to this house in the middle of the woods, this house is well known in the area.

He put this video up on snapchat without knowing what was in the top right hand corner in the window. Not too sure what it is but this house has had articles about it being haunted and previous owners have got up and left the house. The house has since been boarded up so nobody can get in but some widnows have been smashed, I have been in this house before and one of the rooms was freezing cold, almost like being in a freezer,the difference in temperature between the other rooms was very noticeable.

• Options
    Caulk Bite 6Caulk Bite 6 One of the multitude of Dans infesting this place Registered User regular
    I feel like I've seen that video before.

Like, a few years back

jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
  • Options
    Tommy2HandsTommy2Hands what is this where am i Registered User regular
    it looks like a bird

8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
  • Options
    shit

it is a bird

• Options
    it looks like a bird

I could see it being that if there's a piece of furniture by that window, like a dresser or a sofa.

jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    valhalla130valhalla130 13 Dark Shield Perceives the GodsRegistered User regular
    It looks like someone wearing one of those Scream masks rotating towards the camera, then away from it.

asxcjbppb2eo.jpg
  • Options
    I just like how it kind of waddles along

• Options
    Panda4YouPanda4You Registered User regular
    Haha, the full video is just so plain! It's the middle of the day, nothing especially going on and here's this eldritch spirit, clawing itself across the boundaries of realms, strolling across some window of a dump, in full daylight. :D

• Options
    Mego ThorMego Thor "I say thee...NAY!" Registered User regular
    I'm a great big baby and I had to skip everything about the baby squirrel story. Scary monsters? Bring 'em on. Potentially sad baby animal stories?
    NOPE

kyrcl.png
  • Options
    Mego Thor wrote: »
    I'm a great big baby and I had to skip everything about the baby squirrel story. Scary monsters? Bring 'em on. Potentially sad baby animal stories?
    NOPE
    It has a happy ending.

• Options
    GR_ZombieGR_Zombie Krillin It Registered User regular
    c80tyn8wsu23.jpg

The Jersey Devil!?

OR

The latest in Fulton technology?

04xkcuvaav19.png
  • Options
    demons are said to look like a fusion of animals

so hawk, goat, and bat?

• Options
    Jersey devil has always been particularly animal-looking. Like a goat with a long neck, oversized head, wings, clawed front legs, and a forked tail.

• Options
    valhalla130valhalla130 13 Dark Shield Perceives the GodsRegistered User regular
    I'm thinking hawk, goat and bull.

asxcjbppb2eo.jpg
  • Options
    #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    GR_Zombie wrote: »
    c80tyn8wsu23.jpg

The Jersey Devil!?

OR

The latest in Fulton technology?

this looks like

a pinata

• Options
    NarbusNarbus Registered User regular
    Xehalus wrote: »

That is the sound you get when you strangle a ventriloquist's dummy.

• Options
    #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
  • Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    Yesterday a student came in to give me a laptop with a note from a teacher asking if I would excise the spirit possessing the device.

It was on the windows desktop. No programs were running yet it was playing extremely creepy music. I discovered that another student was logged on and had not logged off correctly so it was still playing music on their account. I sent it back saying all spirit had been removed as per standard Ghostbuster rates.

I then emailed the teacher a bill for paranormal investigation and elimination.

The teacher told me to email the department the bill.

The curriculum head then replied, as she had been cc'd, that the initial teacher did not follow correct guidelines for billing spirit removal to an outside company and pasted in the relevant sections from the school district policy.

I then said it didn't matter as I'd released the spirit until the bill would be settled and then used my teacher computer management tool to take control of that specific laptop in the classroom across the school and started typing creepy demon gibberish into word.

This school is pretty cool.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    I grew up on Dover Road in the town of Millis, MA which is so-called because it leads directly into the town of Dover.

This is relevant to the thread because Dover is home to one of the legends that is usually associated with the Jersey Devil, that of the Dover Demon.
    The bizarre tale begins at 10:32 p.m. on April 21 as three 17-year-olds, Bill Bartlett, Mike Mazzocca and Andy Brodie, are driving north on Farm Street. Bartlett, who's behind the wheel of a Volkswagen, spots something creeping along a low wall of loose stones on the left side of the road. At first he thinks the image is a dog or a cat until his headlights shine on it and he realizes it's nothing he's ever seen before. The figure slowly turns its head and stares into the light, its two large, round, glassy, lidless eyes shining brightly "like two orange marbles." Its watermelon-shaped head, resting at the top of a thin neck, is the size of the rest of its body. Except for its over sized head, the creature is thin, with long spindly arms and legs, and large hands and feet. The skin is hairless and peach-colored and appears to have a rough texture. "Like wet sandpaper," Bartlett subsequently tells cryptozoologist Loren Coleman. Standing no more than 3 1/2 to 4 feet tall, the figure is shaped like "a baby's body with long arms and legs." It had been making its way along the wall, its long fingers curling around the rocks, when the car lights surprised it. Unfortunately, neither of Bartlett's companions sees the creature. The sighting lasts only a few seconds and, before Bartlett can speak, the car leaves the scene. Then the creature is gone. Bartlett drops his friends off and goes to his Walpole Street home. Visibly upset, he walks through the door and his father asks him what's wrong. Bartlett relates the story and later sketches what he's seen.

Y7xQjew.jpg
    Around midnight, 15-year-old John Baxter leaves his girlfriend Cathy Cronin's house at the south end of Miller High Road. Then, Baxter starts walking up the street on his way home. Half an hour later, after he has walked about a mile, he observes someone approaching him. Because the figure is short, Baxter assumes it's an acquaintance of his, M.G. Bouchard, who lives on the street. John calls out and no response. Baxter and the figure continue to approach each other until finally the latter stops. Baxter then halts as well and asks, "Who is that?" The sky is dark and overcast and he can only see a shadowy form. Trying to get a better look, Baxter takes one step forward and the figure scurries off to the left, running down a shallow wooded gully and up the opposite bank. As the figure runs, Baxter hears its footsteps on the dry leaves. He follows the figure down the slope, then stops and looks across the gully. There, he sees the creature, standing in silhouette about 30 feet away, its feet "molded" around the top of a rock several feet from a tree. The creature's body reminds Baxter of a monkey's, except for its dark "figure-eight"-shaped head. Its eyes, two lighter spots in the middle of the head, are looking straight at Baxter, who after a few minutes begins to feel uneasy. Realizing he has never seen such a creature before and fearing what it might do next, he backs carefully up the slope, his heart pounding. He then "walks very fast" down the road to the intersection at Farm Street. There, a couple passing in a car pick him up and drive him home.
    quotes taken from http://cryptidz.wikia.com/

Both of these sightings were in 1977 a full 7 years before my parents would buy a house on Dover Road before having me and raising a family. Still, you hear the story a lot.

Do I believe it? No. I think it could be any number of hairless animals that people mistake for monsters. Still, it's creepy when a cryptid shares a name with your childhood home.

This discussion has been closed.