As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft; Omelette du Nerub

• Options
    Big Red TieBig Red Tie beautiful clydesdale style feet too hot to trotRegistered User regular
    is it safe to play this game again

3926 4292 8829
    Beasteh wrote: »
    *おなら*
  • Options
    sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    No, get out.

• Options
    BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    rip in peperony hunter scum

• Options
    CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    The gold Al'Akir I opened feels so much better than the regular one. The true feeling of the wind obeying your command is crucial for doing 15 damage to the face.

• Options
    Big Red TieBig Red Tie beautiful clydesdale style feet too hot to trotRegistered User regular
    Coinage wrote: »
    The gold Al'Akir I opened feels so much better than the regular one. The true feeling of LIKE SWATTING INSECTS LIKE SWATTING INSECTS is crucial for doing 15 damage to the face.

3926 4292 8829
    *おなら*
  • Options
    SnowglobeSnowglobe Registered User regular
    Huh, I always thought he was saying "Thanks for the incense!" and didn't think too hard about it

• Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    I guess the buzzard finally starved to death.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    SkyEyeSkyEye Registered User regular
    So ever since Naxx came out I've been getting no voice audio for languages other than english. It's been two months and several patches and it's still not fixed! It's really unfortunate because I've been waiting on playing it on EU and KR until I could hear the audio in Spanish and Korean respectively so it's indirectly hurting my collections on the other servers.

Steam: Autumn_Thunder - SC2: AutumnThundr.563 (NA) - Hearthstone: AutumnThundr.1383

• Options
    sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    I really kind of can't believe the Buzzard is 3/2 instead of 2/3.

For 5 friggin mana, that thing needs more than a snowball's chance at staying alive for a turn.

• Options
    i dusted leeroy

i think im gonna sit on all my gold + dust for the next expansion

3926 4292 8829
    *おなら*
  • Options
    GrobianGrobian What's on sale? Pliers!Registered User regular
    i dusted leeroy

There's no way the dust will work for the new cards, though.

• Options
    zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    I think with one more pack of dust cards I will have 1600 again for the first time in awhile.

Black Knight?
    Sylvanas?

• Options
    what are your other legendaries

• Options
    edited September 2014
    Leeroy
    Cairne
    Mukla
    Grom
    Malygos edit: I knew that spelling had looked wrong
    VanCleef
    Nozdormu
    Naxx-legends

zerzhul on
  • Options
    IsoldaeIsoldae Hats Off To JigglypuffRegistered User regular
    I need a new miracle deck.

Maybe now is time for the rise of malygos.

xet8c.gif
  • Options
    Sylvanas seems to be coming back in a big way, maybe because the swing from Black Knight is less when everyone has dropped Sunwalker for Sludge Belcher.

• Options
    CorehealerCorehealer The Apothecary The softer edge of the universe.Registered User regular
    Sylvanas deathrattle deck synergy ftw.

488W936.png
  • Options
    The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    Shaman is probably the class I hate the most.

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    zerzhul wrote: »
    Leeroy
    Cairne
    Mukla
    Grom
    VanCleef
    Nozdormu
    Naxx-legends

ragnaros is probably the best way forward here since hunter just died and control is coming back into vogue

rag straight up wins games you had no right of winning and gives you more potential outs with a bigger immediate effect than sylvanas/the black knight ever could

ps. dust mukla, nozdormu and malygos and you'll have 1200 towards crafting either of the others you want (i'd probably go with sylvanas)

Beasteh on
  • Options
    fRAWRstfRAWRst The Seas Call The Mad AnswerRegistered User regular
    leeroy + crusher/shamigans shaman still works like a dream

so good

J3qcnBP.png
  • Options
    The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    Leeroy
    Cairne
    Mukla
    Grom
    VanCleef
    Nozdormu
    Naxx-legends

ragnaros is probably the best way forward here since hunter just died and control is coming back into vogue

rag straight up wins games you had no right of winning and gives you more potential outs with a bigger immediate effect than sylvanas/the black knight ever could

ps. dust mukla, nozdormu and malygos and you'll have 1200 towards crafting either of the others you want (i'd probably go with sylvanas)

but malygos is fun (and mildly playable in some decks kinda)

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    SLyMSLyM Registered User regular
    Maly is probably the most playable of the unplayable legendaries

My friend is working on a roguelike game you can play if you want to. (It has free demo)
  • Options
    why yes I would like a 4/12 and an avenging wrath for 10 mana

(my spellpower mage deck is dumb but really fun)

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    Leeroy
    Cairne
    Mukla
    Grom
    VanCleef
    Nozdormu
    Naxx-legends

Rag also straight up loses you games when the RNG falls against you. Other legendaries have guaranteed effects, and I would only put Rag in a legendary stuffed control deck, which he does not have the cards for.

• Options
    taking 8 is a pretty big guaranteed effect

• Options
    SkyEyeSkyEye Registered User regular
    edited September 2014
    You can make a decent midrange warrior deck w/o all of the legendaries the pros use:
    2x Shield Slam
    2x Execute
    Armorsmith
    2x Unstable Ghoul
    2x Cruel Taskmaster
    2x Fiery War Axe
    2x Shield Block
    Big Game Hunter
    2x Acolyte of Pain
    2x Frothing Beserker
    2x Korkron Elite
    2x Death's Bite
    Arcanite Reaper OR Gorehowl
    2x Sludge Belcher
    Loatheb
    Cairne (I used Sylvannas here but they should be similar)
    Ragnaros
    Grommash
    Kel'Thuzad

This might not get you top 16 but it is definitely good enough to go to legend. Alex isn't as necessary as she seems for warrior control; in fact during the hunter craziness last month I wouldn't have run her even if I had her. The midrange minions also give you more viable Kel'thuzad value.

SkyEye on
    Steam: Autumn_Thunder - SC2: AutumnThundr.563 (NA) - Hearthstone: AutumnThundr.1383

• Options
    Leeroy
    Cairne
    Mukla
    Grom
    VanCleef
    Nozdormu
    Naxx-legends

I'm not a huge fan of dusting anything that isn't a double. The Maly is a gold though, so that would be a straight up trade. I did dust a gold mukla that I drew awhile back because I already had a mukla.

• Options
    TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    Dust your Maly I'm sweatin'

bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • Options
    Grobian wrote: »
    i dusted leeroy

There's no way the dust will work for the new cards, though.
    there's not?

3926 4292 8829
    *おなら*
  • Options
    KafkaAUKafkaAU Western AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Nope, confirmed to be separate packs. Interview with a developer on value town below.

http://youtu.be/JdK6TRNGo4g?t=24m14s

steam_sig.png
    Origin: KafkaAU B-Net: Kafka#1778
  • Options
    we already knew they were separate packs

why would that mean dust wouldnt work on the new cards

you craft golden naxx cards using dust, they didnt introduce a new crafting material for that

3926 4292 8829
    *おなら*
  • Options
    To me, it would be a money thing. They want you to spend money on packs not just craft the whole set with the 30k dust you've built up waiting for the expansion.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    well, okay, but you do think that current gold will be able to buy new packs?

if they were so hellbent on getting you to spend money it seems like gold wouldn't work (if dust didn't)

3926 4292 8829
    *おなら*
  • Options
    I think gold will be, because 1) gold has a cap (albeit 20k) and 2) gold buys packs, which gives random rewards, and specifically much less chance of epics and legendaries and 3) people who have that much gold saved up either A) don't buy packs with money or B) spent a heap of money to get all the cards and now don't need to buy anything.

If you could buy specific cards for gold, then no I don't think they would let you.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    thankfully if it turns out that that dust can't be used for the new stuff pip can just get good old stuff with it

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    okay

well since no one has any confirmation

im going to sit on my gold and dust (i dont need anything in the current card set anyway)

3926 4292 8829
    *おなら*
  • Options
    did you just call me pip

3926 4292 8829
    *おなら*
  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    did you just call me pip

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    what is happening

• Options