Options

Neotoma Presents: The Last Gloss Standing

• Options
    CheeselikerCheeseliker Registered User regular
    Probably the easiest thing to do is if you have a concept/background, lemme know and I can tell you about a couple playbooks/directives/ shit that might fit.

• Options
    edited July 2016
    thesprawl.exe

Like Dungeon World, you roll 2d6+modifiers to make a Move. <7 =Complication/failure, 7-9 = Partial Success, 10+ = Success

BASIC MOVES:

Act Under Pressure: Similar to Dungeon World's Defy Danger. You use this when you're doing something while in active danger from something. Uses COOL.

Apply First Aid: Heal someone to a certain extent. Uses COOL

Assess: Closely Study a person, place or situation. Success = Asking Questions. Uses EDGE

Play Hardball: Threaten violence and Carry it out. This is not bluffing. This is intimidation but you must carry through with the threat if the NPC does not do as asked. Uses EDGE

Acquire Agricultural Property: Fancy wording for "You are Dying" (your harm clock is at 0000), will you survive or not? Uses MEAT.

Mix It Up: Use violence to sieze control of an objective. You must state that objective. Uses MEAT

Research: Investigate a person, place, object or service using databases, library, etc. Similar to Assess, you get to ask questions. Uses MIND

Fast Talk: Convince someone to do what you want with promises, lies, or bluster, etc. Uses STYLE

Hit the Street: When you go to a contact for help. Uses STYLE

Declare a Contact: You can create a new contact to go to for help. You will describe them, I will ask questions about them. You can do this once per mission, though playbook moves may change that.

Produce Equipment: You will attain [GEAR], which during a mission you can then use to produce (reasonably) equipment that will help with your current situation. You must define how you acquired it.

Reveal Knowledge: You will also attain [INTEL], which during a mission you can then use to Reveal Knowledge that will help you in the mission or current situation. You must define how you acquired the knowledge. Again, it must be reasonable. (I.e. Oh, when I talked to Anderson, he gave me this [Fake ID] to use to get past this Security Door)

Help or Interfere: Help or Interfere with a PC. This uses LINKS, similar to Bonds in Dungeon World but different. Will get into that later.

Go Under The Knife: Spend Cred to have new Cyberware installed. Roll + Cred spent.

Get the Job: When you negotiate the terms of a job. Use EDGE

Getting Paid: When you meet to Get Paid by your employer. Roll + number of unfilled segments on Legwork Clock (don't worry about this just yet)

PLAYBOOKS:

Drivers need a high COOL and love to drive their Neurally-linked Vehicle as well as maybe control some drones and shit with their minds. You're a badass driver who can pull off moves with your ride that nobody else would even think of.

Fixers are social butterflies. You can get people to work for you, you have all the right contacts, you even have Crews of various sorts that do shit for you so you don't have to. The first part of a mission is Legwork, and there's nobody better than you at getting information from people. You know everyone and everyone knows you. It's good to be the middle-man.

Hackers hack through ICE, getting information and Cred. You can Jack Into the Wild easier than anybody as well overcome secure systems with ease. Hacking ain't easy tho, and Black Ice will fuck your shit up.

Hunters find people. (Think Decker from Bladerunner). You've got contacts that can provide information as well as the ability to track anyone or anything down. You're social like the Fixer but with a different purpose. You don't care about hooking people up or getting people what they need, you just care about finding your target.

Infiltrators get into secure places. You get in and out without anyone even knowing you were there. That's the hope, anyways. Whether you use your wits and charm or your ability to be unseen, you get in, get what you need and get out without the target suspecting a thing.

Killers are muscle-thugs with jacked up cyberware that lets them perform their task with even greater efficiency, that task being violence. You're a cold-hearted badass or an emotional berserker but either way, you get the job done, long as that job involves hurting someone.

Pushers have visions, agendas, big-time goals and they're good at getting other people to help them achieve those goals. You can have a group of Believers that can help in many ways. You can convince others of their causes and you're a fanatic, making you extremely difficult to put down or stop. You're going to change the fucking world, man.

Reporters want to take the Corps down, bring the truth to the light and bring justice to the guilty. You need to find the Story, use your Press Pass to get into places and use your various contacts and resources to find information. You want to Gather Evidence without attracting too much attention from the Corps or else your ass is grass. You can't let them get you before the story gets out. You've got resources and skills and you feel the need to inform the public. You may not change the world but at least a few of these greedy fucks will get taken down.

Soldiers are master-tacticians. You know how to Make a Plan, and can Support your team through the worst of situations. You're great at assessing situations, engaging in tactical operations and using your background for resources and information. You're a Leader and you're group is your Team. You're going to ensure the plan works, the job is successful and that everyone gets paid.

Techs build, repair and break anything and everything. You'll be able to support your team, depending on where your Expertise lies. You can fill in a gap on the team or support specific members, all depending on your choices. You're great at research, analysis, observation. You can bypass security measures, blend in and are generally the kind of guy every Team wants to have, as you're so flexible and helpful. You make the Team run smoothly.

Cheeseliker on
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    thepsrawl.exe

"I'm in," WyldStyle said, sitting in the van, his eyes closed. His fingers rested on the computer deck in front of him, green code scrawling across it though his fingers didn't move to type. They didn't have to. "This shit is tight, fuckin' move!"

Amber Sand stood near the back door to the warehouse, guard unconscious on the ground next to her, his hands tied and his mouth stuffed with cloth. She heard the security lock unhitch and opened the door. Inside, she started running through the hallways, the layout in her mind. Luckily the place held little to no physical security, Tryptek thinking their strong network security to ensure the locks held and the turrets fired on any intruders. She found the office. "I'm here."

WyldStyle didn't see darkness or the back of his eyelids, he skated through the innards of a giant ICE palace. He'd busted through the thick walls and overcome the severe security but he felt a dark shadow on his trail. He found what he was looking for, a computer console set into the wall and skated to it, his fingers dashing over the keyboard, though that was simply what he saw in his mind. In reality, his mind typed in code far faster than his fingers ever could.

The office door opened. Amber went through and started searching for the files.

"We got company," Lincoln said, seeing through his drone's eyes as it patrolled in the air around them. "Car coming with two guards. Low-sec."

"I'll handle them," Dominic said, getting out of the van. The van shifted as Dominic's weight lifted off of it. He stood six and a half feet tall, with blue and chrome set into his arms.

"Don't let them report," Lincoln said. He gave Dominic their location. "They'll be here in thirty."

"Yeah yeah," Dom said, closing the back van doors and walking to the other side of the street.

WyldStyle skated faster, the shadow coming on strong. "Hurry the hell up Amber!" He said. "Somethin's on me!" The shadow flitted, forming in front of him. He came to a quick stop, spraying snow. "Shit," he said.

"Almost there," Amber reported, ripping open desk drawers and riffling through papers and reports.

The car pulled up behind the van, flashing a yellow and red light on the top briefly. Two men got out with flashlights and handguns, wearing the hats and uniforms of the Tryptek security. They each had a walkie-talkie on their waist. One turned his flashlight on and shined it at the van, bouncing off the dark-tinted windows.

Dominic came out of the darkness, his arms moving faster than humanly possible. He came from behind, slamming one into their car and breaking the other one's hand. They dropped their guns and he finished them off, crushing their walkie-talkies. "Company handled," he reported.

"I gotta jack out," WyldStyle said, the shadow surrounding him, before rushing forward. "Amber you're on your own!" The shadow hit him as he phased out. His eyes opened and his head snapped back, blood coming out of his nose. His computer deck shook and electricity burst out of it. WyldStyle's eyes closed and he collapsed.

"Fuck, fuck,fuck," Denyse said, laying Wyld on his back. "Fucking Black ICE. I can keep him alive but we need to get to a hospital now!"

"I've got it!" Amber said, pulling out a folder with a sheaf of papers inside. She ran to the office door as alarms started blaring. A turret lowered out of the ceiling but she was gone down the hallway.

Other turrets were rising up, firing.

She moved, ducked and dove out of the path of bullets, making it to the door just before it shut and locked. She ran to the van and jumped in after Dominic. "Let's go!"

"None too soon," Lincoln said, pushing the van into drive as another car pulled up behind, lights flashing.

"Can you lose them?" Dom asked.

Lincoln looked back, flashing a smile. "Do you even know me?" Lincoln pushed the van faster, then whipped it into a tight turn, manipulating the vehicle like it was an extension of himself, sliding into an alley that was almost too narrow.

The car streaked to a halt, unable to follow.

They were gone.

next time on.....
    ......CHROME-COWBOYS........

That's a terrible terrible name, isn't it? Really struggling to come up with a good name for this game.

Cheeseliker on
  • Options
    Caulk Bite 6Caulk Bite 6 One of the multitude of Dans infesting this place Registered User regular
    Blood and Chrome?

jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    Tommy2HandsTommy2Hands what is this where am i Registered User regular
    Probably the easiest thing to do is if you have a concept/background, lemme know and I can tell you about a couple playbooks/directives/ shit that might fit.

I wanna be a cleric

8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
  • Options
    NeoTomaNeoToma Registered User regular
    I'm thinking either Fixer or Solider

• Options
    Fixer:
    For Chrome (aka cyberware), you would get either Cybereyes, Cybercoms, or Neural Interface with Data Storage.

Cybereyes would give you tags that would enable you to see shit better as well as allowing you to roll Synth for Assess when your sight would assist you. (in general, cyber-shit allows you to roll Synth instead of regular attributes for certain moves).

Cybercoms would give you tags related to communication as well as allowing you to roll Synth for Assess when monitoring communications or giving orders in a tactical environment.

The Neural Interface basically means you would have your own personal 'cloud' of information that you could neurally link to (anytime you could connect to the Wild, you could connect to this personal cloud of information). This would allow you to gain an extra [Intel] when using the Research Move. You would also get two tags for this.

For Moves, you would start with

Hustling: You have people who work for you in various ways. (start of game: You start with 2-crew and 2 jobs from the list below.) NOTE: Your "Crew" is not the Team you work with. It's literally your Crew, you start with 2 and gain up that number through other Moves you choose and stuff. Also, your list of Jobs starts at 2 specific ones but can grow, you do not get to choose 'new' jobs after every mission, they have to come from the list of jobs you have.

((Between missions, you choose a number of jobs equal to or less than your current crew, describe what each job is and roll Edge. ))

10+ You profit from each job.

7-9 One is a Disaster and you Profit from the rest

6- Everything if FUBAR. MC will make a move based on the Disaster for each job.

Jobs:
    Surveillance(you have a network of informants): Profit: gain [intel]. Disaster: Someone acts on bad info.

Debt Collection(you have beefy debt collectors): Profit: gain [gear]. Disaster: Someone's out of pocket

Petty Theft(you have a small gang of theives): Profit: gain [gear]. Disaster: they robbed the wrong guy

Deliveries(you have a driver handling deliveries): P: Gain 1 Cred. D: the delivery never arrives

Brokering Deals (you arrange the right people to meet eachother): P: Gain 1 Cred. D: the deal goes wrong

Technical Work (you supply some Techs with work): P: Gain [gear]. D: something bad happens to someone elses property.

Addictive Substances (you manage a small lab): P: gain [intel]. D: something goes bad for a user or the lab

This move is cool because you get to do shit in between missions and gives the feel that you really are a person with contacts and crews doing things.

I know People:

Once per mission, you can introduce a new Contact (this is in addition to the one new contact anyone can add). Name them, say what they do and roll Style.
    10+ You've worked with them before, they have talent. Write them down as a Contact.
    7-9: You've never met them before. They're an unknown quantity.
    6- You know them alright. Tell the MC why they dislike you.

Then you choose one more Move from this list:

Backup: You have a gang of thugs providing protection. This is a small gang of 5-10 hired thugs. You get to pick 2 bonuses about them. You also gain +1 crew and the Protection job: P: Your associates have your back D: Your protection pissed off the wrong people.

Balls in the air. Gain +1 crew and choose a new job.

Chromed: Choose another Cyberware. (does not have to be from Playbook list)

Deal of a Lifetime: When you hit the street and get 7-9, you choose one less bad thing.

Facetime: When you have a face to face conversation without tech intervening, take +1 forward to fast-talk them

Hard to find: You keep a low profile and get to choose one less bad result on a roll of 7-9 when you hit the street

Reputation: When you meet someone "of consequence" who may have heard of you, roll Edge. On a Hit, describe what they know about you. 10+, take +1 forward with them. On a Miss, the MC will decide what they heard, if anything.

Sales Engineer: When you produce equipment (by using [gear]), you get +1 forward if you immediately use the device.

Smooth: use Style instead of Links when you help or interfere

Street Kingpin: +1 crew and job

word on the street: When you research, by recalling street gossip, take additional [intel] even on a miss

That's all for tonight, didn't realize how long it would take. I'll do the soldier next and Tommy, I'll figure out how best a cleric might work. Probably a Tech with specific Expertise.

• Options
    Caulk Bite 6Caulk Bite 6 One of the multitude of Dans infesting this place Registered User regular
    edited July 2016
    I really like the Tech guy.

but if that's a thing that tommy wants (via the being a cleric thing) I can see probably driver.

Caulk Bite 6 on
    jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    sprawl.exe
    soldier
    For Chrome, Soldiers get Cybereyes, Cybercoms, Skillwires, Tactical Computer, or Neural Interface with Targeting Suite.

With Skillwires, you can Slot Chips for certain skills, giving you a +1 ongoing for Moves associated with that skill. Standard Skillwires come with two slots and you may have 2 skill chips plugged in. You may acquire more Skillchips in play like any other gear. Examples of skills include: martial arts, skydiving, piloting, breaking and entering, planning and logistics, gunfights, extreme driving, military history and strategy, first aid, parkour, etc.

With the Tactical Computer, you get +1 hold when Assessing a tactical situation, even on a miss.

With the Neural Interface wtih Targeting Suite, when you fire a gun you are +linked to, you inflict additional harm equal to Synth. You may also roll Synth instead of Meat to Mix it Up. You also may precisely define which targets an +autofire weapon will hit or miss.

MOVES:
    You get these two

Here's the Plan: When you plan a Mission, everyone you assign a task to gets +1 ongoing while they act on that task according to the plan. Anyone who misses or goes off the plan loses the bonus for that mission. If you Get Paid, Mark Experience.

I Love it when a plan comes together: At the start of a mission, roll Edge. 10+ gain 3 hold. 7-9 Gain 1. 6- Still gain 1 but advance Legwork clock by 1. During the mission, spend hold to You have that piece of Gear you need RIGHT NOW or You appear in a scene you are needed RIGHT NOW.

You choose one more move from a bunch of options, some to do with getting paid, having more Cyberware, knowing more about COrporations, having an Exit Strategy, Mixing it up from the Front, Recruiting others, Planting or Hiding Evidence to put blame on others, giving someone a Pep Talk, or being good at Tactical Operations.

Also, having two Techs would not be a bad thing. They are extremely customizable and can be quite different it looks like.

• Options
    sprawl.exe
    Tech
    for Cyberware, Techs can choose Cybercoms, Cybereyes, Cyberarm with Implant Tools, Neural Interface with Remote Control Module(good for Driver-esque Techs), Neural Interface with Data Storage(similar to Fixer).

The Cyberarm with Implant Tools states: When you have the time and space to interface with a device you are attempting to fix, Bypass, or Tamper with, take +1 forward. You may add additional options to your cyberarm in the normal course of play as you would do adding any new cyberware.

For Moves:
    You get these Three

EXPERTISE: (pick one)
    Mechanic: You are an Expert in construction, maintenance, and operation of vehicles and drones. (Good for Driver-ish Techs), You create Two drones similar to the Driver's Drone Jockey move.
    Splicer: You are an Expert in Cybermodification. You begin with one extra piece of cyberware. Describe how you implanted this yourself but you need not describe how you paid for it
    Breadboarder: Expert in computers and stuff. You have a Cyberdeck with 5 points of ratings and a number of programs = Processor rating+1. (good for Techs who want to hack)
    Gunsmith: expert in armaments. Begin with the Killer Move: Custom Weapon (good for Techs who want to Mix It Up/fight/be violent)
    Medic: Expert in medicine and stuff. When you Apply First Aid, heal one additional Harm segment, even on a miss.
    Pyrotechnician: ignore the +dangerous tags for explosives

You start with a workshop appropriate to your expertise.

STORAGE: After receiving a job, you can look through your accumulated parts for equipment that could help. roll MIND. 10+ gain 3 [gear] relevant to your expertise. 7-9 gain 1.

Customizer: you can identify and examine new or complicated technology related to your area of expertise and modify technology you are familiar with. When you try to modify a piece of tech, tell the MC what you want to do and discuss what tags or game effect the mods will have. The MC will tell you requirements in terms of Time, Tools, Parts, Help from Contacts, More Research.

Choose One more:
    Analytic: when you Assess, roll MIND instead of EDGE

Blend in: When you're about to be caught somewhere you shouldn't be, but look and act like you belong there, roll COOL. 10+ no one thinks twice until you do something to attract attention. 7-9 you'll be fine if you leave right now but sticking around will attract attention.

Bypass: When you attempt to subvert security measures, roll COOL. 7+ you succeed without a trace. 10+ you gain valuable [intel]

Chromed: Choose another piece of cyberware

Divisive interests: Choose another area of expertise

Jack of all trades: Choose another area of expertise

Obsessive: When you shut yourself away with a problem or piece of cutting edge tech, make a Research move. You may use one question to ask any question about your object or area of study.

On it: When your area of expertise is central to helping or interfering with a PC, roll COOL instead of LINKS

Renaissance man: Choose another area of expertise

Like I said, Two techs could be entirely different.

• Options
    That's a lot of options. What's the difference between jack of all trades and renaissance man

8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
  • Options
    There isn't, as you level up, you get to choose a new move so it just means that by like level 3 or 4, you could have 4 different expertise.

• Options
    Cheeeeeeesssseeee
    Can the Fixer also be...a space cactus person?
    I'm bringing it back

• Options
    edited July 2016
    Oh shit. We going have to talk that out. Hmmm. Space Cactus, or perhaps Cactus that somehow gained conciousness?

E: Maybe due to extreme GMOs....

Cheeseliker on
  • Options
    Miniature giant space cactus

jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    Here's the deal, Neo. You can be a conscious Cactus. As long as you make a Corporation that was/is heavily into Genetic Modification and through splicing and experimentation, created (few or many) organisms with consciousnesses as well as ways to communicate. Are these creatures common, rare? Are they known to the public or not? Are they hunted, sought after, revered or hated? Or do they just exist as Non-Human Persons?

• Options
    I should probably add shit to the wiki...

• Options
    Corporation: JoMarli Agriculture and Pharmaceuticals
    Building a Better Tomorrow by Building a Better You.

The Fixer, Lucious Vermillion
    Style +2, Edge +1, Cool+0, Mind +0, Meat -1, Synth +1

Deceptive: When your lies about your identity or your past put the mission at
    risk, mark experience.
    Financial: When you hinder the mission for a chance at extra profit, mark
    experience.

Brokering deals
    : You arrange for the right people to meet each other
    Profit: gain 1 Cred. Disaster: the deal that you arranged goes wrong.
    Surveillance: You have a small network of informants who report on events; you
    then sell that information. Profit: gain [intel]. Disaster: someone acts on bad info

• Options
    edited July 2016
    Definitely have an idea

Thinking a cyberdoctor type that moonlights as a hacker

wip
    Corp: (working on it)

The Tech, the M.D.
    Style: 0 Edge: 0 Cool: +2 Mind: +1 Meat: -1 Syth: +1

Tech: Cyberarm with Implant Tools, Cybereyes

Splicer: You are an Expert in Cybermodification. You begin with one extra piece of cyberware.
    Breadboarder: Expert in computers and stuff. You have a Cyberdeck with 5 points of ratings and a number of programs = Processor rating+1.
    Customizer: you can identify and examine new or complicated technology related to your area of expertise and modify technology you are familiar with. When you try to modify a piece of tech, tell the MC what you want to do and discuss what tags or game effect the mods will have. The MC will tell you requirements in terms of Time, Tools, Parts, Help from Contacts, More Research.

Feats:
    Divisive Interests: Pick Another Expertise

Tommy2Hands on
    8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    I kinda wish I could go for two feats so I could get completely chromed out/pick up a medic expertise but it could also be fun to make that a long term goal

Tommy2Hands on
    8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
  • Options
    Yeah, I like the sound of your character, it looks like you just need to figure out what you want to start as and what you want to leave as a goal. Starting as a cybermodder/hacker and working towards being a medic is cool or the other way around is cool too. So far so good!

• Options
    Good good, since there is potentially a lot of overlap, Everyone that posts characters makes making mine easier
    I'm leaning towards a fixer that either has a badass motorcycle he can control remotely or a fixer that can also sort do hacking stuff

Jomarli BioTech is a new Megacorp on the block. A combination of Jojuitsu Pharmaceuticals, Marasanti Agricorelixp, and Helix Biotech.
    "Making a Better Tomorrow by making a Better You."

The Fixer, Lucius Vermillion
    Biracial, friendly eyes, attractive smile, portly body, corporate dress,
    Style +2, Edge +1, Cool +1, Synth +0, Mind +0, Meat -1

Hustling: You have people who work for you in various ways. You start with 2-crew and two jobs from the list below. Between missions, choose a number of those jobs equal to or less than your current crew, describe what each job is, and roll Edge.
    10+: you profit from each of your jobs
    7-9: one of them is a Disaster and you Profit from the rest
    6-: everything’s FUBAR. The MC will make a move based on the Disaster for each job
    Choose two:
    Surveillance: You have a small network of informants who report to you; you then sell that info
    Profit: gain [intel]
    Disaster: someone acts on bad info
    Brokering Deals: You arrange for the right people to meet each other
    Profit: gain 1 Cred
    Disaster: someone acts on bad info

I know people
    : Once per mission you may introduce a new Contact. Name the contact, say what they do, then roll Style.
    10+: you’ve worked with the contact before; they have talent. Write them down as a Contact
    7-9: you’ve never met them before, they’re an unknown quantity
    6-: you know them all right. Tell the MC why they dislike you
    After you’ve rolled, describe how you contact them; the MC will ask some questions.

Weapons
    •Holdout pistol (2-harm hand/close discreet quick reload loud) – Iktomi Thunderbolt SE

Other Gear
    • Motorcycle – Fenrir, Makai Ninja XKR: Brimstone Series +flashy, +fast, +quiet, +sleek, +guzzler
    • Encrypted communications gear – MushMouf DataScrambler v1.7
    You start with 5 Cred.

Gotta find out whats going on and get my money right.
    Directives
    Revealing: When you get more info on your condition, mark experience.
    Financial: When you hinder the mission for a chance at extra profit, mark experience.

maybe stuff;
    Neural Interface with Remote Control Module: Allows direct neural control of an appropriately configured external device such as a vehicle, weapon, recording device, or hacked electronic system. The RCM gives the interface wireless broadcast and reception capacity to allow the remote control of vehicles and drones. +encrypted, +multi-tasking,

Second Skin: When jacked in through your Neural Interface to a cyber-linked vehicle:
    if you mix it up, roll Synth (instead of Meat) + Fenrir’s power (+2)
    when you act under pressure, roll Cool + Fenrir’s power (+3)
    if you play hardball, roll Edge + Fenrir’s looks (+3)
    if you help or interfere with someone, roll Links + Fenrir’s power(?)
    if one interferes with you, add Fenrir’s weakness to their roll (in addition to their links) (+1)

Sweet ride: When you hit the street in your vehicle, roll Style + Fenrir’s Looks (+4)

Crew
    Samira Day, Singer, Bar Owner, Voodoo Priestess, Informant – Surveillance
    Malcom “Mal Carne” McGregor, Sous Chef, Addict, Hedonist – Deliveries
    Azealia Renard, MTM agent, Ex-party girl, good at summoning folks – Brokering Deals

• Options
    edited July 2016
    Holy shit can one of my jobs be pimping? And my dude just has a bunch of cat cafes?
    Littlefinger but with cats instead of prostitutes
    There isn't, as you level up, you get to choose a new move so it just means that by like level 3 or 4, you could have 4 different expertise.

THe Fixer version of this has me so excited about this game that probably wont involve going that high level
    Balls in the air: +1 crew and choose a new job.
    Street kingpin: +1 crew and choose a new job.
    Backup: You have a group of “associates” who provide security. +1 crew and get the job protection
    Believers: You have a group of “associates” who devoutly believe your vision.

I can create my own army.
    I can create my own fan club.

Background
    Slumscum,that made a name for themselves through hustling on the street level. Finally caught his big break with the Mesmiri Troubadour Media Megacorp, however after 2 years worth of runs he gets made. The slippery Fixer proves too difficult to hunt down so Jomarli Biotech engineers a Biohazard Shipping accident to take him out along with 3 city blocks. With the new bill that gives megacorps copyrights to any advances descovered through accidents as long as they take care of 60% of the fallout caused passed, they crunched the numbers and this was the most efficient option. Lucius survives but is forever changed into a green-skined cactus-man . MTM saved his brain, but at cost. His Cyberware is on loan from MTM so Mr Vermillion is [/i]+Owned.[/i]

I'm thinking Chromed for my first advancement with Synthetic nerves and hunted by Jomarli Corp.

NeoToma on
  • Options
    If anyone is having trouble coming up with corporations

• Options
    edited July 2016

Clocks:
    [x] = 15:00, [x][x] = 18:00, [x][x][x] = 21:00, [x][x][x][x] = 22:00, [x][x][x][x][x] = 23:00, [x][x][x][x][x][x] = 00:00

Corporations:

Megalixer (Consumer Goods) [][][][][][]

Jomarli BioTech (Biotechnology) [][][][][][]

Mesmeri Troubadour Media (Media) [][][][][][]

International Coffee Organization (????) [][][][][][]

Iktomi? (Weapons, Military?, Illegal goods?) [][][][][][]

Mushmouf (Electronics)

More to come...

areas of industry not yet the sole focus of a corp include Financial, Government, Heavy Industry, The Wild/Telecommunications, Primary Resources (mining, etc), Transportation. These could also fall under the megacorps listed above as it would not be hard to believe that these vast Megacorps have their hands in many things.

Players:

Neo: The Fixer, Lucius Vermillion. +owned by MTM

Tommy: The Cyberdoc,

Caulk Bite: The Tech/Driver?

More to come...?

Tommy, pick a name,

Describe your Eyes: Focused, Excited, Artificial, Squinty, Impatient, Calm, or Appraising.

Describe your Face: Plain, Friendly, Nondescript, Weathered, or Expressive

Describe your Body: Muscular, Wiry, Compact, Thin, Flabby, or Fatty

Describe your Style: Utility, Military, Corporate, Street, or Scrounged

Describe your Skin: Artificial, Asian or South Asian, Black, Decorated, Hispanic/Latino, Indigenous, Middle-eastern, White, or ________________

Why did you get Cybereyes and the Cyber-arm (they can be the same or different)? prosthetic, forced, loyalty, enthusiasm, necessity, junkie, genetics, career, ideology, memory, military

How did you afford to get Cybereyes/Cyberarm(Note: one of them you did yourself but the other one you have to explain how you afforded it):

If you did it yourself, add +unreliable, +substandard, +hardware decay, +damaging

If someone else paid for it, you are +owned

If you fucked someone over to get it, you are +hunted

Only do this for one of your Cybermods.

Do your Cybereyes look weird? For some of the cyber-stuff, I have Deus Ex Original in mind, with cool blue-glowy lines and such, but its up to you.

Also, what's your cyber-arm look like / how does it work?

Choose two directives from this list:

Proselytizing: Describe your belief system. When you persuade others to act according to your beliefs, mark XP.

Network: When your membership in ___________________ hinders the mission, mark XP.

Protective: When you put your responsibility to _____________ ahead of the mission, mark XP.

Revealing: When you discover more information about ______________, mark XP.

Caulk, if you're going to be a Tech, these are also options for you.

Things we all need to think about and discuss:

Scope: City-wide, Country-wide, Global, Galactic

Level of Tech: We have AR, VR, The Wild, Biomods, plant/animal-people, but what else? Any AI?

How long have you been working together / known about eachother? Once characters are more defined, we can get to the Links part.

Cheeseliker on
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    An campaign that takes place within a single solar system could be cool

But I am also a fan of more earth-focused scifi

Also, thank you for posting all that in one spot. I'll get to work as soon as I'm not traveling today/tomorrow

Tommy2Hands on
    8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
  • Options
    everyone get a sweet ride so we can our missions fast and furiously

• Options
    more stuff

I might do something a little more interesting with the arm tbh but i like this description for now

wip
    Corp: (working on it)

The Tech, Zel Khan, M.D.
    Style: 0 Edge: 0 Cool: +2 Mind: +1 Meat: -1 Syth: +1

Eyes: [Artificial]
    Face: [Expressive]
    Body: [Thin]
    Style: [Utility]
    Skin: [Vaguely Mediterranean]

Tech:

Cyberarm with Implant Tools: [prosthetic][owned]
    A sleek, matte black carbon fiber limb with veins of blue electricity running from fingertips to forearm to flesh and blood elbow--Khan lost his arm in unfortunate circumstances as a child. Having become used to the more substandard prosthetic devices found commonly in and amongst the Middle over the course of his life, Dr. Khan was pleasently surprised to find that this gift from his daytime employer fit like a glove.

Cybereyes: [Career]
    Swirling, black, metallic liquid dances behind bright, white, pixilated irises. As Zel completed his residency at Little Company of Augustine's cybernetics installation and repair division, he took on the implanting of these orbs as a personal challenge. Suffice to say, eight hours under the knife creates a change in perspetive under normal circumstances. Information now constantly dances in the corners of his new vision, aiding him in diagnosis and the occasional surgery. The fact that these electronic apertures of sight add precision to his navigation of the Wild could be considered perk of his ambition as well.

Splicer: You are an Expert in Cybermodification. You begin with one extra piece of cyberware.
    Breadboarder: Expert in computers and stuff. You have a Cyberdeck with 5 points of ratings and a number of programs = Processor rating+1.

Feats:
    Divisive Interests: Pick Another Expertise

Directives:
    Network: (wip)
    Revealing: (wip)

8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    NeoToma wrote: »
    everyone get a sweet ride so we can our missions fast and furiously

I wanna sit in the sidecar!!

Also, since I'm also likely going with the medical corporation route--Neo did you wanna go with rival companies or some kind of mutually beneficial agreement. I'm good with either as I have the idea that Khan wouldn't really be that emotionally invested in his company's corporate relationships so long as they don't affect him

Tommy2Hands on
    8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
  • Options
    idk i'll think on it
    Although now i know why they made the make a corporation stage part one since i had to create two to fill in my wares

• Options
    edited July 2016
    Character Name : Playbook (tags) [][][][][][] STATS Cyberware(tags) Gear(tags)

Ex:

Bob Gearhead : The Driver (+owned, +hunted) [][][][][][] SYNTH 02 EDGE 01 COOL -1 etc CyberEyes(+substandard) Handgun(+linked)

Cheeseliker on
  • Options
    Still not sure how I want to format the character line.

• Options
    I've been super lazy. Then PokeGo happened, then other stuff happened.

Tonight, after I get home from ghostbusters, I'll actually do the things.

jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    PokeGo is very distracting. I've learned this myself.

• Options
    CLOCKS! (along with more info about the mechanics)

In the Sprawl, Clocks represent many things including your amount of Harm, Corporation's attention towards your group, the dangerous level of Threats that are after you, etc.

The more of the Clock that is filled in, the worse consequences there are. More Harm = more bad effects including death. More sections filled in on a Corporate clock means more attention as well as interventions from that Corporation. More levels filled in from a Threat means its closer on finding you and hurting you.

Each storyline is a Mission and there are two phases to a mission, the Legwork Phase and the Action Phase. Legwork is finding contacts and doing stuff that gets you [intel] and [gear]. [Intel] and [Gear] are abstract, you don't actually find out what a piece of [intel] is when you use it in the Action phase, YOU decide what it is and how it helps you. It might be those Fake Papers you need, or that Key Card, or the Layout of the Warehouse, etc.

Legwork has a clock, usually when you fail checks during the legwork phase, the more sections of the clock get filled in. This represents the Target Corp slowly figuring out it's being targeted and implementing defenses.

The Action Clock counts how close the group is to failure. If the Action Clock hits 00:00, the mission is failed no matter what, the group has acquired too much heat and must break off the mission, whatever the consequences, likely laying low after so they don't get killed.

Setting:

MegaCity: A city that's as big as some countries. Enormous, SPRAWLing, dirty and chrome, neon and steel. Don't have a name yet. Maybe there's colonization on some of the planets in the solar system and perhaps some faster-than-light travel, maybe some Mars Mining but for the most part, our game will take place in this megacity. Also, there is no Open Nature, no fields, forests, except in giant Parks, walled in and accessible to the Middle and Upper parts of the city.

I liked my Bottom, Middle, Heights setting so keeping it in this specific city, at least for now, makes sense. There are other Megacities, with vastly different societal and architectural structures as well as space colonies.

AI: AI was thought to be this big upcoming revelation and event, but it never happened. Billions of credits put into the projects but nothing materialized, nothing became public, it was labeled as a failure and the corps involved were shut down, turned into other electronic businesses, etc. Research into AI is now, at least publicly, nonexistent.

Your group: Do not feel the need to go into hacking just to cover bases, your group are pros at what you do and will be hired for your skills and abilities, not to do things outside your realm. Besides, if need be, there are always hackers (or others) for hire.

• Options
    so, if I made a Mechanic/Pyrotechnician, could I do Drone Strikes?

jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    To you I would say consider the driver
    Wheelman, transporter, drone jockey. A sleek coupe, a rumbling hog, a drone-rigged
    panel van or a radar-baffled ex-military whirlybird -- when you jack in and feel the
    wind rushing over your exterior panelling, you are a god and the vehicle is your
    avatar. When the job goes smooth it’s the easiest gig there is – a Sunday drive with
    grandma – but when things turn sour and the team needs a quick exit, well, that’s
    where you earn your Cred.

You get:
    Neural Interface with Remote Control Module: Allows direct neural control of
    an appropriately configured external device such as a vehicle, weapon, recording
    device, or hacked electronic system. The RCM gives the interface wireless broadcast
    and reception capacity to allow the remote control of vehicles and drones. Choose
    two of following tags: +encrypted, +multi-tasking, +inaccessible partition.
    MOVES
    You get these two:

ЂЂ Wheels: You start with a cyber-linked vehicle. If your vehicle has Power+2, it
    may start with one mounted weapon system. To build your vehicle:
    Choose a Frame: motorcycle, car, hovercraft, boat, vectored-thrust panzer,
    fixed-wing aircraft, helicopter, amphibious
    Choose a Design: racing, recreational, passenger transport, cargo, military,
    luxury, civilian, commercial, courier
    Choose a Profile:
    ЂЂ Power+2, Looks+1, Weakness+1; 1-Armour
    ЂЂ Power+2, Looks+2, Weakness+1; 0-Armour
    ЂЂ Power+1, Looks+2, Weakness+1; 1-Armour
    ЂЂ Power+2, Looks+1, Weakness+2; 2-Armour
    For each point of Power, choose a strength; For each point of Looks, choose
    a look; For each point of Weakness, choose a weakness. If your vehicle has
    Power+2, it may mount one weapon system; Military vehicles may mount an
    additional weapon system.
    • Strengths: fast, quiet, rugged, aggressive, huge, off-road, responsive,
    uncomplaining, capacious, workhorse, easily repaired
    • Looks: sleek, vintage, pristine, powerful, luxurious, flashy, muscular,
    quirky, pretty, garish, armoured, armed, nondescript
    • Weaknesses: slow, fragile, sloppy, lazy, cramped, picky, guzzler,
    unreliable, loud
    • Weapons: Machine guns (3-harm near/far area loud messy autofire),
    grenade launchers (4-harm near/far area loud messy), missile launcher
    (5-harm far area messy breach), autocannon (4-harm near/far area
    messy breach)
    When you’ve finished creating your vehicle, name it.

cyber-linked vehicle:
    • when you act under pressure, roll Cool + your car’s power
    • if you mix it up, roll Synth (instead of Meat) + your car’s power
    • if you play hardball, roll Edge + your car’s looks
    • if you help or interfere with someone, roll Links + your car’s power
    • if someone interferes with you, add your car’s weakness to their roll
    (in addition to their links)

Choose one more:
    ЂЂ Chromed: Choose another piece of cyberware at character creation or in
    downtime. Describe how you got it and paid for it the same as you did for your
    first piece of cyberware.

ЂЂ Daredevil: When you drive straight into danger without hedging your bets,
    you get +1 armour. If you take one or more harm, mark experience.

ЂЂ Drone jockey: You start with two drones. For each:
    Choose a motive style: rotor, fixed-wing, quadruped, octoped, tracked,
    wheeled, aquatic, amphibious, submarine
    Choose a frame:
    ЂЂ Tiny (insect-sized): +small, +fragile, +stealthy, pick one sensor
    ЂЂ Small (rat- to cat-sized): choose one strength, one sensor, one weakness,
    and one other from any category
    ЂЂ Medium (dog-sized): choose one strength, one sensor, one weakness,
    and two others from any category
    ЂЂ Large (bear-sized): +obvious, choose two strengths, one sensor, one
    weakness and two others from any category
    Strengths: fast, rugged, off-road, responsive, uncomplaining, easily repaired,
    stealthy, tight encryption, autonomous, robot arm, armed, satellite relay
    Sensors: magnification, thermographic, jamming, image enhancement,
    analysis software, sonar, medical
    Weaknesses: slow, fragile, unreliable, loud, loose encryption, obvious
    Armed: a weapon can be mounted on the drone. The size of the weapon is
    determined by the size of the frame.
    • A small drone can mount a gun dealing 2- or s-harm with a range tag of
    close or less and without the autofire tag
    • A medium drone can mount a gun dealing up to 3-harm with a range
    tag of near or less
    • A large drone can mount a gun dealing up to 5-harm
    ЂЂ Eye in the sky: When helping or interfering while piloting a drone, roll
    Edge instead of Links.

ЂЂ Hot shit driver: When you’re driving a cyber-linked vehicle in a high-pressure
    situation, roll Edge.
    10+: gain 3 hold
    7-9: gain 1 hold
    You may spend 1 hold to do one of the following:
    • Avoid one external danger (a rocket, a burst of gunfire, a collision, etc)
    • Escape one pursuing vehicle
    • Maintain control of the vehicle
    • Impress, dismay or frighten someone
    Iceman: When you try to fast talk someone, roll Cool.
    Right tool for the job: You have two additional cyber-linked vehicles (build each
    using the same method as your custom vehicle).
    Sweet ride: When you hit the street in your vehicle, roll Style + your vehicle’s Looks.

Lucious Vermillion (+hunted)(+owned) : [][][][][][] : Style 2| Edge 1| Cool 1| Meat -1 etc. : Cybereyes(tags) : Holdout pistol, encrypted communications, Motor Bike(+flashy) : Fixer

• Options
    edited July 2016
    If you look back at that post about the character line, I changed the formatting a bit along with added colors.

Cheeseliker on
  • Options
    Tommy, you are going to have Workshops, start thinking about where they are located (Bottom, Middle, Hieghts) and what they look like.

• Options
    I like the idea of a fancy, sterile, personal lab in the Hights, owned by Little Company of Saint Augustine, and all the complications that might come with it

Thinking about dropping the hacker bent and going all in on cyberware doctor if hackers are readily avalible. I just love the idea of hacking but keeping the character from getting too diluted is probably a better route. Plus, this is my first time with a dungeon world system and I'm probably better off keeping it simple I imagine

8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg