As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

PAX PRIME 2014 Information and FAQ (READ THIS FIRST, THEN ASK ALL QUESTIONS HERE)

• Options
    QuackersQuackers College Student and Code Monkey Orlando FloridaRegistered User regular
    can anyone recommend the best way to get from the airport to the hotel and back is?

• Options
    whypick1whypick1 PAX [E] Info Booth Manager ~2' from an LCDRegistered User regular
    edited May 2014
    Link Light Rail. Starts at the airport, stops 4 blocks from the convention center, only costs $2.75 one-way.

whypick1 on
    Is it PAX <insert nearest future PAX here> yet?
  • Options
    mcdangermcdanger Registered User regular
    I just got an email asking if I want to be in the Omegathon, stating that since I bought passes to all four days I was sent the email... only I didn't buy passes for all four days. Error?

• Options
    zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    mcdanger wrote: »
    I just got an email asking if I want to be in the Omegathon, stating that since I bought passes to all four days I was sent the email... only I didn't buy passes for all four days. Error?
    I saw a tweet suggesting that as long as you can be /present/ for all 4 days, you are potentially eligible. This was from one of the people that runs the omegathon. You could probably tweet at http://twitter.com/rkhoo or http://twitter.com/official_pax (or both) and ask for clarification though.

• Options
    belligerentbelligerent Registered User regular
    The email links to a Google questionaire. It asks if you can be present every day and a separate question of you can make Monday 5 7pm. It also asks if you like people, can be photographed, and what time to call you.

• Options
    ddt58ddt58 Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    The Omeganaut application just came out. Since I bought two sets of four single day passes, can I also sign up my son, who is 17 1/2?

• Options
    XadrixnaXadrixna Registered User regular
    I just wanted to make sure the Omeganaut email isn't a fake... is it?

• Options
    SmallLadySmallLady Registered User regular
    The email is not fake.

You cannot sign up someone other than the person who purchased passes.

You must be 18 at the time of PAX to participate.

"we're just doing what smalllady told us to do" - @Heels
  • Options
    ddt58ddt58 Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Thanks.

• Options
    edited May 2014
    zerzhul wrote: »
    I saw a tweet suggesting that as long as you can be /present/ for all 4 days, you are potentially eligible. This was from one of the people that runs the omegathon. You could probably tweet at http://twitter.com/rkhoo or http://twitter.com/official_pax (or both) and ask for clarification though.

I have been told by the powers that be [ @David Coffman‌ ] that as long as you have at least 1 day badge, you will have a chance to be called and given the opportunity to participate. However, you MUST be available for all of PAX. Friday-Monday.

SmallLady on
  • Options
    cursecurse Bellevue, WARegistered User regular
    SmallLady wrote: »
    The email is not fake.

I guess in the back of myind, I kind of knew this would be the case, but have a couple friends that will be disappointed they can't be in the pool... I bought for all since we weren't sure we would all make it through the queue...

7lcw1cifdzb4.png
  • Options
    sheldyxsheldyx Registered User regular
    I got the email and wasnt sure if it was fake or not but i did it anyways. Now i'm glad to know that i didnt gave my confirmation number just a random dude lol. I been sacred for the past couple of hours lol

• Options
    RavenHuskyRavenHusky Registered User regular
    I got a weekend's worth of badges in two separate orders, but I didn't get the email... :(

tw787Xr.png

• Options
    QuackersQuackers College Student and Code Monkey Orlando FloridaRegistered User regular
    not everyone did @ravenHusky but thats okay. you'll have more time to do other things at pax....or at least that is what i am telling myself

• Options
    might be waves, never know

• Options
    PavioPavio Registered User regular
    Maybe I'm just being paranoid, but the e-mail has nothing official looking in it, and PA never said anywhere that the e-mail went out--Khoo's tweet says it's coming out next week.

Other than that I have an Omegathon related question. Before I give my confirmation out to an unofficial looking form, what's the time committment in the Omegathon? I've only seen bits and pieces at a previous PAX and I'm curious how much of each day will be spent on it.

v6h3hfs2v597.png
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    In fact this tweet from Khoo makes it pretty concerning:

Robert Khoo @rkhoo
    Follow
    @primeorsforce No, there was no checkbox. We are doing it separately. You'll see it next week - we'll tweet about it!

Pavio on
    v6h3hfs2v597.png
  • Options
    whypick1whypick1 PAX [E] Info Booth Manager ~2' from an LCDRegistered User regular
    edited May 2014
    The email is not fake.

@SmallLady is the person who handles the Omeganauts at PAX. Trust her...or she might smite you (or just me, because I'm a jerk to her :P). Her word is gospel on the matter.

whypick1 on
    Is it PAX <insert nearest future PAX here> yet?
  • Options
    SkeleVaderSkeleVader Your Friendly Dark Lord of Destruction Registered User regular
    edited May 2014

I have been told by the powers that be [ @David Coffman‌ ] that as long as you have at least 1 day badge, you will have a chance to be called and given the opportunity to participate. However, you MUST be available for all of PAX. Friday-Monday.

Per this twitter conversation:

Robert contradicts that statement saying
    Three 1-day passes would not qualify, as you need to be there for all 4 days. Sorry. That's why you didn't get the email.

He also mentions if you think you should have gotten the sign-up form to Email him your order #, his Email is rkhoo@penny-arcade.com

SkeleVader on
    IhtGIyi.png
  • Options
    to be clear, the @ is @penny-arcade.com

And yeah that does contradict what they were saying before, but this is a totally new way of doing things, so it's likely a fly by the seat of their pants for it at the moment :P

• Options
    SkeleVaderSkeleVader Your Friendly Dark Lord of Destruction Registered User regular
    edited May 2014

And yeah that does contradict what they were saying before, but this is a totally new way of doing things, so it's likely a fly by the seat of their pants for it at the moment :P

Robert just confirmed that you have to have a pass to all four days to be eligible for the Omegathon.

SkeleVader on
    IhtGIyi.png
  • Options
    SkeleVader wrote: »

Robert just confirmed that you have to have a pass to all four days to be eligible for the Omegathon.

Yup! Sorry about that. I got incorrect info.

This is the first time we've done it this way, so it's not perfect.

• Options
    Pavio wrote: »
    Maybe I'm just being paranoid, but the e-mail has nothing official looking in it, and PA never said anywhere that the e-mail went out--Khoo's tweet says it's coming out next week.

Other than that I have an Omegathon related question. Before I give my confirmation out to an unofficial looking form, what's the time committment in the Omegathon? I've only seen bits and pieces at a previous PAX and I'm curious how much of each day will be spent on it.

Assuming you make it though all of the rounds,

about 10 hours over the whole of PAX.

• Options
    ToumikoToumiko Registered User new member
    Hi all, quick question. At PAX East we accidentally joined the poke-crawl, and we heard there is one at Prime. I haven't seen anything about it other than a couple old/closed threads. Anyone know what's up?

Signed,
    A. Newbie

• Options
    edited June 2014
    Assuming you make it though all of the rounds,

about 10 hours over the whole of PAX.

Good to know, thanks! Looks like I'll be giving that form my confirmation number now.

Pavio on
    v6h3hfs2v597.png
  • Options
    are you not eligible for omeganaut if you got your passes with a dev badge?

• Options
    Toumiko wrote: »
    Hi all, quick question. At PAX East we accidentally joined the poke-crawl, and we heard there is one at Prime. I haven't seen anything about it other than a couple old/closed threads. Anyone know what's up?

Signed,
    A. Newbie
    No info yet. Usually the barcrawls don't get posted about until maybe a month before pax.

• Options
    Quackers wrote: »
    are you not eligible for omeganaut if you got your passes with a dev badge?

You are automatically entered if you bought a Prime pass with your Dev.

IhtGIyi.png
  • Options
    AppoAppo Registered User regular
    What are the PC requirements for BYOC? I know some places have power supply and case size requirements, so I'm not sure if I would be eligible. I have an 860w PSU and a Corsair 900D for my case.

• Options
    Appo wrote: »
    What are the PC requirements for BYOC? I know some places have power supply and case size requirements, so I'm not sure if I would be eligible. I have an 860w PSU and a Corsair 900D for my case.
    the second post in this thread from last year should help you out, at least until the people running BYOC make one for this year :)http://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/180803/prime-2013-byoc-information-wrap-up-and-feedback/p1

• Options
    AppoAppo Registered User regular
    Ah, awesome, thanks for that! Didn't see anything on power requirements, so I'm going to assume I'm safe. :)

• Options
    There's some pretty impressive rigs that are there. If you're super concerned, you can buy two seats, and bring an extra monitor :)

• Options
    hobbseltoffhobbseltoff Issaquah, WARegistered User regular
    Appo wrote: »

In the past, it's been 3A split between two outlets (last time this was specifically mentioned was the 2012 thread). I haven't seen anything trip though so I don't know if that limit has ever been "enforced".

row1.pngrow2.png
  • Options
    CrielCriel Registered User regular
    So, will I not be able to sign up forOmeganaut ? I tag-teamed this with my cousin and he got 9 tickets(fri-sat-sun x3) and I got the monday passes(x3), since I will technically be there all 4 days, does this not qualify?

• Options
    edited June 2014
    Criel wrote: »
    So, will I not be able to sign up forOmeganaut ? I tag-teamed this with my cousin and he got 9 tickets(fri-sat-sun x3) and I got the monday passes(x3), since I will technically be there all 4 days, does this not qualify?

Per Robert's previous tweets, you are not eligible. You had to buy all four days yourself.

SkeleVader on
    IhtGIyi.png
  • Options
    belligerentbelligerent Registered User regular
    I would email pax questions explaining your situation. They may be able to confirm you situation and allow at least one of you entry. It doesn't hurt to try.

• Options
    Robert KhooRobert Khoo Registered User, ClubPA staff
    Sorry for the tweet confusion there - we were going to just tweet/post the form that was emailed out, but realized it was a better idea to just email folks directly.

Criel: Sorry, you would not be eligible.

Some guy.
  • Options
    embraceternityembraceternity Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Managed to sign up to be eligible for Omegathon only a minute before the Google Doc was going to close! I'm very excited to see if I get called. If not then, well, more time to do more things at PAX. :)

• Options
    Sorry for the tweet confusion there - we were going to just tweet/post the form that was emailed out, but realized it was a better idea to just email folks directly.

Sweet thanks for letting me know, it's awesome that you get on here yourself sometimes.

v6h3hfs2v597.png
  • Options
    2spock2spock Registered User regular
    edited June 2014
    edit khoo already answered.

2spock on