As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

PAX PRIME 2014 Information and FAQ (READ THIS FIRST, THEN ASK ALL QUESTIONS HERE)

• Options
    ZoidynZoidyn Registered User regular
    Any news on when BYOC badges will be available and how they'll be purchased? There's nada on the PAX Prime site, even though the Showclix event page says watch there for more info.

23F5Egc.png
  • Options
    hobbseltoffhobbseltoff Issaquah, WARegistered User regular
    edited June 2014
    Zoidyn wrote: »
    Any news on when BYOC badges will be available and how they'll be purchased? There's nada on the PAX Prime site, even though the Showclix event page says watch there for more info.

"Week of June 9th" was all the info that was given. I'm assuming they'll be on Showclix for around $35-40.

hobbseltoff on
    row1.pngrow2.png
  • Options
    MidnightJesterMidnightJester Jester Extraordinaire Los AngelesRegistered User regular
    Who typically organizes the West Coast Train Trip? I really want to experience it, but am getting antsy not seeing a thread for it. I went ahead and bought my tickets, assuming the days that made sense, but I'd love some confirmation that it's happening (and that I'll be on the correct train).

• Options
    RowwieRowwie CanadaRegistered User regular
    Does anyone know when registration for Triwizard is coming up?

Prime 2011- Vintage Nintendo
    Prime 2012- Melisandre (GoT)
    Prime 2013- Regular nerd attire
    Prime 2014- Aurin Esper from WIldstar + Vintage Chell
    Prime 2015- Splatoon Inkling + Dream Sequence Bee + Aurin Esper + Vintage Chell
    Prime2016- Handmade nerdy dresses (cosplay break)

• Options
    whypick1whypick1 PAX [E] Info Booth Manager ~2' from an LCDRegistered User regular
    edited June 2014
    @Atlus Parker would know, since he's the one who runs it. Last year's went up July 31.

whypick1 on
    Is it PAX <insert nearest future PAX here> yet?
  • Options
    zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    Rowwie wrote: »
    Does anyone know when registration for Triwizard is coming up?
    If it happens, probably late July.

• Options
    WestrunnerWestrunner Steam's Dirty Little Whore Mojave Desert, NVRegistered User regular
    edited June 2014
    Mod Edit: merged from a thread asking about the TWDT

Any word from anyone on this years festivities?

zerzhul on
    TWDT12: Gryffindor - OotP TWDT14: Gryffindor - OotP
  • Options
    Westrunner wrote: »
    Mod Edit: merged from a thread asking about the TWDT

Any word from anyone on this years festivities?
    See a few posts up.

• Options
    CrielCriel Registered User regular
    Omg. I had no idea TWDT happens at pax...

Can this PLEASE happen in 2014.... ;D

• Options
    ThranxThranx Registered User regular
    "Hint! Follow @Prime_BYOC for updates on the BYOC room AND for updates when passes go on sale! These sell out quick!"

@Prime_BYOC is not legit. Go take a look.

• Options
    Yeah, that obviously lapsed. Someone will have to remove that.

• Options
    Elmnator AKA ElmyElmnator AKA Elmy Registered User regular
    Yes just went and looked at Twitter feed @Prime_BYOC and its been hijacked. Is there a new twitter feed we can follow to find out when BYOC tickets will go on sale?

• Options
  • Options
    SmallLadySmallLady Registered User regular
    fixed!

"we're just doing what smalllady told us to do" - @Heels
  • Options
    DaegonaeDaegonae Registered User regular
    Is there going to be a ticket resell for tickets confiscated from scalpers?? If so, where do I put my name for a waiting list for tickets???

• Options
    Daegonae wrote: »
    Is there going to be a ticket resell for tickets confiscated from scalpers?? If so, where do I put my name for a waiting list for tickets???
    If there is, it will be announced via the official pax twitter, and I am as certain as I can be that there will be no waiting list.

• Options
    whypick1whypick1 PAX [E] Info Booth Manager ~2' from an LCDRegistered User regular
    Is it PAX <insert nearest future PAX here> yet?
  • Options
    Spud387Spud387 Man of Inaction Vancouver, BC, CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited June 2014
    FYI BYOC tickets are LIVE
    http://www.showclix.com/event/3852445

Spud387 on
    Prime 2016 Status: Skipping. 2017, The Return.

Attended: PAX Prime 2010/'11/'12/'13/'14
  • Options
    DemonsMasterDemonsMaster Registered User regular
    BYOC Sold out! Soooooo happy I got my ticket. Excited for my 2nd Pax and First BYOC! Now I just need to secure myself a Saturday pass...

Pax Prime (West) '13, '14, '15, '16.
    Pax South '16
    Pax Prime 2015 Omeganaut
  • Options
    Doesn't look sold out to me, at all.

• Options
    SkeleVaderSkeleVader Your Friendly Dark Lord of Destruction Registered User regular
    zerzhul wrote: »

It did say sold out for a while because they were all in people's carts.

IhtGIyi.png
  • Options
    DemonsMasterDemonsMaster Registered User regular

It was sold out for a few minutes at least haha

Pax Prime (West) '13, '14, '15, '16.
    Pax South '16
    Pax Prime 2015 Omeganaut
  • Options
    edited June 2014

It kept fluctuating. I had do two orders (1 on the first 3 on the second) because it wouldn't let me buy all 4 the first time. It said sold out at points too.

hobbseltoff on
    row1.pngrow2.png
  • Options
    crimsonninjacrimsonninja Registered User new member
    edited June 2014
    If we didn't purchase the Pax tickets directly (someone bought them for me), will that conflict with receiving BYOC tickets that I bought? I'm wondering since it said that the BYOC tickets would be mailed out with the Pax tickets.

Are we able to return/refund BYOC tickets?

crimsonninja on
  • Options
    atfaurote@gmail.comatfaurote@gmail.com Registered User new member
    I've got a buddy that donated his time to create some special effects for the Angry Video Game Nerd movie. PAX is pretty much his only chance to see it in theaters, but PAX is obviously sold out.

Any chance he could get tickets to just the movie? Who would I need to put him in touch with if this is possible?

Thanks.

• Options
    I've got a buddy that donated his time to create some special effects for the Angry Video Game Nerd movie. PAX is pretty much his only chance to see it in theaters, but PAX is obviously sold out.

Any chance he could get tickets to just the movie? Who would I need to put him in touch with if this is possible?

Thanks.
    There's no separate admission to single pax events. Either you have a pax badge, or you don't. As far as getting that person a badge, he should check with the folks that are showing the movie, if it's being shown. I assume it's as a "panel" or something like that, so there should be panelist badges associated with that. Maybe he can get on the "panel"?

• Options
    PurpleSkyPurpleSky Registered User regular
    So I'm really hoping that there is a panel on Child of Light at this PAX. It is such a wonderful game I would love to see a panel for it. So since panel submissions are now open is there a way I could get this known? Obviously I couldn't start the panel myself because I don't know any of the developers to even get it started. But does PA offer a way to suggest this so that it could reach the right people to potentially get it to happen?

• Options
    BekerBeker Child's Play Program Director SeattleRegistered User, Penny Arcade Staff regular
    PurpleSky wrote: »
    So I'm really hoping that there is a panel on Child of Light at this PAX. It is such a wonderful game I would love to see a panel for it. So since panel submissions are now open is there a way I could get this known? Obviously I couldn't start the panel myself because I don't know any of the developers to even get it started. But does PA offer a way to suggest this so that it could reach the right people to potentially get it to happen?

As I understand it panels are submitted by the people who want to do the panel. So your best bet would be to email\tweet\bug the Child of Light people and convince them they want to do a panel and should submit one.

-Beker/Erick
    zx6ak2M.png
  • Options
    MidnightJesterMidnightJester Jester Extraordinaire Los AngelesRegistered User regular
    I know that I asked this already in this thread, but last time it got kinda buried and I'm hoping for some better luck this time. Anyway...

Who typically organizes the West Coast Train Trip? I really want to experience it, but am getting antsy not seeing a thread for it. I went ahead and bought my tickets, assuming the days that made sense, but I'd love some confirmation that it's happening (and that I'll be on the correct train).

• Options
    SkeleVaderSkeleVader Your Friendly Dark Lord of Destruction Registered User regular
    I know that I asked this already in this thread, but last time it got kinda buried and I'm hoping for some better luck this time. Anyway...

The West Coast Train Trip is usually handled by @TimeCruiserMike and is always on the #14 Coast Startlight that gets into Seattle on Thursday evening.

IhtGIyi.png
  • Options
    SkeleVader wrote: »

The West Coast Train Trip is usually handled by @TimeCruiserMike and is always on the #14 Coast Startlight that gets into Seattle on Thursday evening.

Awesome. Then it sounds like I've got myself on the correct train. Thank you!

• Options
    zByrdzByrd Registered User regular
    Does BYOC allow alcoholic beverages? Not like getting drunk, but I saw some people drinking beer at Prime BYOC last year and I'm curious if it was legit or not.

• Options
    celycely Registered User regular
    edited June 2014
    There should not be alcohol anywhere in PAX. From the first page of this thread (emphasis mine):
    SmallLady wrote: »
    Is food allowed in the concerts?

While food is not expressly prohibited, we ask that you use good sense and do not bring it into the crowded parts of the concert. Drinks (soda, water, etc.) are allowed, and are ok in the crowd, but please, if you bring food or drinks, do not leave them on the ground, especially in crowded areas. This often results in people tripping or slipping on them and potentially getting injured. As with anywhere else in PAX, alcohol is not permitted.

cely on
    rqUHgCM.png
  • Options
    zByrd wrote: »
    Does BYOC allow alcoholic beverages? Not like getting drunk, but I saw some people drinking beer at Prime BYOC last year and I'm curious if it was legit or not.

Don't know if I'm who you're referring to but I was drinking root beer out of a glass bottle. I got stopped by like 2-3 security people trying to get it up to the BYOC area.

row1.pngrow2.png
  • Options
    pogoplaypogoplay Writer/Blogger/Gamer Calgary, AlbertaRegistered User regular
    I had some Four Loko's in the console freeplay back in 2010... No one seemed to mind.

Attended: PAX Prime 2010, PAX Prime 2011, PAX Prime 2012, PAX Prime 2014.
    Attending: PAX Prime 2016
    Twitter @Pogoplay
  • Options
    That would be against policy, even if nobody makes a point of correcting you.

• Options
    DustyStarrDustyStarr Registered User regular
    I feel like this might have been answered before, but I am just looking for some suggestions for some little pocket games to bring and play with others in line. :3 I am going to bring my 3DS, but I am not sure if I am going to be able to get one of those super charger thingies, so I am looking into having some non electronic games too. :3 And I would like to be that person that makes waiting in line fun. ^_^

• Options
    pogoplaypogoplay Writer/Blogger/Gamer Calgary, AlbertaRegistered User regular
    DustyStarr wrote: »
    I feel like this might have been answered before, but I am just looking for some suggestions for some little pocket games to bring and play with others in line. :3 I am going to bring my 3DS, but I am not sure if I am going to be able to get one of those super charger thingies, so I am looking into having some non electronic games too. :3 And I would like to be that person that makes waiting in line fun. ^_^

Zombie Dice. That is all.

Attended: PAX Prime 2010, PAX Prime 2011, PAX Prime 2012, PAX Prime 2014.
    Attending: PAX Prime 2016
    Twitter @Pogoplay
  • Options

One of my favorite line games to bring is 'Spot It' Very fun and has a bunch of different ways to play.

I also love to bring 'Get Bit', 'Fluxx' (of which there are many versions), and a new one I recently found is 'Love Letter'.

IhtGIyi.png
  • Options
    CennediCennedi A strange man A strange landRegistered User regular

Also if you think it might be too expensive to buy an extra battery pack, take a look at Groupon, they usually have good deals on that kinds of stuff
    Example: http://www.groupon.com/deals/gg-007-cubee-10000mah-power-bank

The one I've posted just now costs 20 bucks. So its a couple of trips to the coffee shop. Shipping takes a while, but it shouldn't be longer than 20 days or so. You'll have it long before the expo

Hopeful First Time Attendee of PAX Prime 2014.
    [ X ] Badge
    [ X ] Hotel
    [ X ] Plane
    Wish me luck!