Options

Our Community will Review [TV] in the Broad City of Brooklyn Nine-Nine. Rick and Morty.

• Options
    HermanoHermano Registered User regular
    edited May 2014
    Awful

Hermano on

PSN- AHermano
  • Options
    Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    Is falling skies any good?

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    The free promotional Falling Skies laptop bag I have is pretty good

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    HermanoHermano Registered User regular
    Falling Skies is mediocre

PSN- AHermano
  • Options
    ProhassProhass Registered User regular
    Falling Skies is profoundly mediocre, yet I cant stop watching it because sometimes if I squint it feels like a Halflife tv show

• Options
    RehabRehab Registered User regular
    This look like its going to be a really good Jack Bauer Power Hour already!

Saw the last bit of Bones leading into this and man, that really looks like a show that doesn't know what the hell it is anymore. The lead guy was in a firefight with FBI agents and there didn't seem to be any mystery going on from what I saw.

NNID: Rehab0
  • Options
    VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    Balefuego wrote: »
    Veldrin wrote: »
    So, Penny Dreadful
    Sir Malcolm Murray basically meant to be the equivalent of Allan Quatermain, right?

That first half of the possession scene sure sounded like a stylised version of what happened to Quatermain's son.

also Billie Piper's accent in this is so ridiculous.
    Sir Malcolm Murray is the father of Mina Murray from Bram Stoker's Dracular

Oh yeah I gathered that much.
    I was just curious about whether they're making him a vague mashup of characters, since I don't remember Mina's father ever playing a significant part in the original story or ever being elaborated on. I could be wrong though, as I haven't read it since high school.

• Options
    JimothyJimothy Not in front of the fox he's with the owlRegistered User regular
    So I was watching Mad Men earlier, and I love Matt Weiner's ridiculous loglines

But it took me most of the evening to figure this one out
    Pete is invited to join an exclusive club

This is my favorite one since "Joan goes to the beach"

• Options
    CrimsondudeCrimsondude Registered User regular
    Jimothy wrote: »

I thought they were all bullshit because he never wants to give anything away. Same reason why the previews during the credits are random and serve no purpose in explaining the plot of the upcoming episode.

• Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    Holy shit, Breaking Bad.

Bob Odenkirk, you are so good at being dirty.

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • Options
    chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular
    Zonugal wrote: »
    Holy shit, Breaking Bad.

Bob Odenkirk, you are so good at being dirty.

The really amazing thing?
    By the end of the show, he is one of the more moral of the surviving leads.

Walter White, man. Walter White.

He's kind of a piece of shit!

• Options
    LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    ok so i'm on episode 3 of orphan black and this is my current theory
    Sarah's having a kid is going to be significant, like all the clones are sterile but she's not? So maybe she's the original one or just like, a Good Clone who isn't going to go crazy or deteriorate

• Options
    Crimson KingCrimson King Registered User regular

i remember having a twitter conversation with spex about how maybe every regional area in the hannibal universe has its associated horror genre

like the chesapeake bay region has the world's highest population of serial killers who display their victims in elaborate tablaeus, but as soon as you get into new england every small town has a creepy lovecraftian space clown lurking in the sewer

meanwhile the pacific northwest is an alien abduction hotspot inhabited exclusively by fbi agents and wide-eyed conspiracy theorists and the deep south is haunted

• Options

i remember having a twitter conversation with spex about how maybe every regional area in the hannibal universe has its associated horror genre

like the chesapeake bay region has the world's highest population of serial killers who display their victims in elaborate tablaeus, but as soon as you get into new england every small town has a creepy lovecraftian space clown lurking in the sewer

meanwhile the pacific northwest is an alien abduction hotspot inhabited exclusively by fbi agents and wide-eyed conspiracy theorists and the deep south is haunted

Gothic Horror

The Southwest has chupacabras and cattle-mutilating aliens.

• Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    the midwest has...ghost stories? I don't know what the midwest horror genre is

• Options
    SimBenSimBen Hodor? Hodor Hodor.Registered User regular

Zombies.

sig.gif
  • Options
    HunteraHuntera Rude Boy Registered User regular

my guess would be ghost stories, yeah

just unsettling things SEEN IN THE FOREST

• Options
    SimBen wrote: »

Zombies.

That doesn't really seem right

• Options
    maybe it's CREEPY HITCHHIKERS

• Options
    cause obviously the southwest is monstrous cannibal families

• Options
    if zombies were to have a home the logical place would be the bayou but realistically they're just ubiquitous

• Options
    I was literally only basing my guess on Resident Evil.

sig.gif
  • Options
    the midwest has so much scattered stuff. like...crop circles? creepy cults of children? human sacrifice for better crop yields? standard serial killers?

• Options
    It is Ellen Burstyn!

• Options

the first resident evil / raccoon city was in the Appalachians (new england) I thought

• Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    If you read that particular brand of military scifi, Falling Skies is amazing, because it's basically every cliche from those books brought to life. I predicted almost every plot twist and significant event (sometimes seasons in advance) but loved every minute of it.

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    Huntera wrote: »

the first resident evil / raccoon city was in the Appalachians (new england) I thought

Nope, stated outright to be in the midwest.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BJ0ySZIvKBU

sig.gif
  • Options
    (the makers of Resident Evil have no idea what the midwest looks like)

sig.gif
  • Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular

The Northwest also has sasquatches!

• Options
    when aliens crash in the midwest they grow up to be benevolent all powerful superheroes so we got that going for us

• Options
    A Dabble Of TheloniusA Dabble Of Thelonius It has been a doozy of a dayRegistered User regular
    According to Supernatural the Midwest is just one giant box of demons.

vm8gvf5p7gqi.jpg
    Steam - Talon Valdez :Blizz - Talonious#1860 : Xbox Live & LoL - Talonious Monk @TaloniousMonk Hail Satan
  • Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    (the makers of Resident Evil have no idea what the midwest looks like)

In RE3 they actually give Raccoon City a zip code that puts it in New York.

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    I imagine Las Vegas is a huge home to devils.

• Options
    edited May 2014
    The Rainbow Bar & Grill on Sunset is where demons go to hang. That's been true since at least the 80s.

So, Louie:

Charles Grodin is by far the best the part of the new season.

His daughter belongs in public school like a cheetah belongs in some emir's living room.

Crimsondude on
  • Options
    Charles Grodin is a God-damn legend.

• Options
    JimothyJimothy Not in front of the fox he's with the owlRegistered User regular
    Jimothy wrote: »

I thought they were all bullshit because he never wants to give anything away. Same reason why the previews during the credits are random and serve no purpose in explaining the plot of the upcoming episode.

Exactly, that is why they're so funny.
    "Joan goes to the beach" is from an episode that has a short scene where Joan and Bob are preparing to leave for the beach

"Pete is invited to join an exclusive club" refers to Pete having sex during a flight, which is a very small, forgettable part of the episode and not really part of any storyline

• Options
    I meant that I thought they had no connection to the specific episodes. This is much better.

• Options
    PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    I wonder how many loglines have the phrase "_____ makes a decision."

I wanna say a solid 25%

• Options
    Muddy WaterMuddy Water Quiet Batperson Registered User regular
    Last Week Tonight continues to be excellent.

This discussion has been closed.