As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[EVE Online] Multiplayer Treachery Engine - Citadel Patch (April 2016)

• Options
    DrainDrain [E] Tabletop Manager SeattleRegistered User regular
    Unicron80 wrote: »
    My question is, is there any way to play this very casually and still contribute? I can probably have it on a second screen while I'm working from home for the time being, and have a couple hours on most nights after kids go to bed, but seems like this game would demand more of me, unless I was an afk miner or something.

Participation in strategic fleets is the only metric that truly matters. There are fleets going off in every major timezone and we are encouraged to fly in four fleets per month. Some fly way more than that, some fly way less (like me). Fleets last about one to two hours and I've seen some long fleets get counted as two or three fleets from a metrics point of view.

I play about once a week to shoot pirates, mine or go on a fleet, and am coming off a long period of low activity.

N9pjfAk.png
    "I don't know why people ever, ever try to stop nerds from doing things. It's really the most incredible waste of time." - Tycho
  • Options
    BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    Also, you could always look at sitting afk in enemy staging fleets and passing along intel. Im not sure how intensive that is.

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
  • Options
    Just_Bri_ThanksJust_Bri_Thanks Seething with rage from a handbasket.Registered User, ClubPA regular
    If you can do cov-ops cloak you can also just sit on grid and watch them like some kind of ninja ceiling cat.

...and when you are done with that; take a folding
    chair to Creation and then suplex the Void.
  • Options
    TefTef Registered User regular
    http://www.themittani.com/news/alod-bowhead-bpo-profiteering-ends-badly

Nice writeup @anehii is this this start of an illustrious writing career? :toot:

help a fellow forumer meet their mental health care needs because USA healthcare sucks!

Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better

bit.ly/2XQM1ke
  • Options
    Unicron80Unicron80 Registered User regular
    If you can do cov-ops cloak you can also just sit on grid and watch them like some kind of ninja ceiling cat.

Ninja ceiling cat? That's awesome.

Food for thought, thanks, gentlemen.

Steam: Unicron80 PSN: Hawkbeard
  • Options
    WinklebottomWinklebottom Registered User regular
    I was thinking of coming back, and was wondering if anyone wanted to do a recall program invite on me?

• Options
    LochielLochiel Registered User regular
    I'd love too!!!

But they stopped that program.

• Options
    WinklebottomWinklebottom Registered User regular
    Oh, sorry I just saw it when I was redownloading the program and though it was still active.

• Options
    AnehiiAnehii Registered User regular
    Tef wrote: »
    http://www.themittani.com/news/alod-bowhead-bpo-profiteering-ends-badly

Nice writeup @anehii is this this start of an illustrious writing career? :toot:

Thanks Bud, we'll see :)

• Options
    Can anyone give me a rundown of the relationship between the Sleepers and the Talocan or point me in the direction of some good reading? I'm reading the eve-o wiki, but have little faith in it's completeness.

• Options
    If you just joined, I highly recommend attending any of Sirhan Blixt's WTF 101 Fleets. He is Pacific Timezone and I know him personally... stand up guy.

The next WTF 101 is coming up soon, hell I might even come fly if we have newbies there:

Newbies and (bitter-)vets, learn WTF on 12/21 at 1900 EVE (11am Pacific) time and ring in the new solstice or whatever that pagan thing is.

https://goonfleet.com/index.php/topic/187182-1221-sun-1900-eve-newbie-training-wtf-101/?p=7445610

N9pjfAk.png
    "I don't know why people ever, ever try to stop nerds from doing things. It's really the most incredible waste of time." - Tycho
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    Lochiel wrote: »
    Can anyone give me a rundown of the relationship between the Sleepers and the Talocan or point me in the direction of some good reading? I'm reading the eve-o wiki, but have little faith in it's completeness.

So, from reading the eve-o wiki, the short version seems to be "No one knows". Sleepers and Talocan shared wormhole systems, and Sleepers continue to enforce a quarantine on Talocan sites that was enacted by the Talocan. Sleepers appear t have studied the Talocan and their technology. Theories on the eve-o wiki range from "Sleepers are Talocan capsuleers" (which is just ridiculous), to best buddies and allies, to all out genocidal war between the two.

Personally, I think the nomadic Talocan cohabited space with the immobile and largely static Sleepers. Once Talocan culture moved on, the Sleepers studied their artifacts. I suspect there is more information out there, esp with the new WH landmark sites, so I am probably wrong.

Lochiel on
  • Options
    YallYall Registered User regular
    Damn the allure of this game!

I played briefly a few years ago and have some time to kill over the next few days so figured I'd hop back in.

• Options
    You should join us! http://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/194669/eve-online-merch-industrial-recruitment-fleshreaper-training-station

What did you do last time you played? What are you interested in?

• Options
    YallYall Registered User regular
    You should join us! http://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/194669/eve-online-merch-industrial-recruitment-fleshreaper-training-station

What did you do last time you played? What are you interested in?

Judging by my EVE mail, I last played in '06, so it's been a while!

I was actually in Fleshreaper, but wasn't very active and frankly I will probably only play about 5-10 hours a week during my latest go-round. With that being said, I'd like to do whatever to help out; Mine, fight, fly in a fleet...

• Options
    V1mV1m Registered User regular
    Man, a pretty large amount of things have changed since 2006.

Actually thinking about it, so many things have changed so much that some of them are the same again.

• Options
    (Curse is still the funnest region)

• Options
    AnehiiAnehii Registered User regular
    A new year in EVE, will CCP actually bring about some new SOV mechanics?

• Options
    Hahaha.

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

• Options
    edited January 2015
    Anehii wrote: »
    A new year in EVE, will CCP actually bring about some new SOV mechanics?

I'm pretty sure that they will. They've done enough signposting.

V1m on
  • Options
    DuriniaDurinia Evolved from Space Potatoes Registered User regular
    It's coming, just a matter of when, as well as the quantity of tears.

For business reasons, I must preserve the outward sign of sanity.
    --Mark Twain
  • Options
    Yeah, Im waiting for everyone who was begging for SOV changes to cry out in anguish.

• Options
    NEO|PhyteNEO|Phyte They follow the stars, bound together. Strands in a braid till the end.Registered User regular
    Last time they changed SOV we lost delve, wonder what'll happen this time.

Unless there's been other sov changes since Dominion.

It was that somehow, from within the derelict-horror, they had learned a way to see inside an ugly, broken thing... And take away its pain.
    Warframe/Steam: NFyt
  • Options
    NEO|Phyte wrote: »
    Last time they changed SOV we lost delve, wonder what'll happen this time.

Unless there's been other sov changes since Dominion.
    I'm really sad I didn't get that Anshar from Secret Santa.
    GSFSecretSanta2014.png

N9pjfAk.png
  • Options
    Durinia wrote: »

If there is one constant in a chaotic universe, it's that no one is ever happy with sov mechanics.

• Options
    edited January 2015
    V1m wrote: »

If there is one constant in a chaotic universe, it's that no one is ever happy with sov mechanics.

@V1m I'm in ur station shootin' ...actually no one at the moment...

Seriously, there are like 15 Merchi on deployment here. No @Brody though, so you're safe.

Durinia on
    --Mark Twain
  • Options

Seriously, there are like 15 Merchi on deployment here. No @Brody though, so you're safe.

Good. Start killing some of those structures we're reffing that always have goddamb US TZ coward timers

• Options
    We'd love to!

But I think someone needs to have a talk with someone about SBUs.

(Also, who in your alliance provides logistics services?)

• Options

Good. Start killing some of those structures we're reffing that always have goddamb US TZ coward timers

We've already got postings for tonight and tomorrow, and a whole station full of bored goons.

Heck, the first night, Lemba took people out to shoot POCOs because...why not?

--Mark Twain
  • Options
    Because Lemba hates us. And I hate Lemba.

• Options
    onesixty2onesixty2 Registered User regular
    @v1m I was told to ask you why Northern Associates Holdings has an office in your station placed in XS-K10. That would be a pretty nice spot for merchi to nab an office considering our involvement in the area.

• Options
    edited January 2015
    CCP FoxFour is on the EVE 07 show representing us with a PAX shirt.

zp0yfbA.png
    AEGeORT.png

Edit:
    I am in this picture that was on the same show.
    oHTbkBF.jpg

Lochiel on
  • Options
    onesixty2 wrote: »
    @v1m I was told to ask you why Northern Associates Holdings has an office in your station placed in XS-K10. That would be a pretty nice spot for merchi to nab an office considering our involvement in the area.

I don't know, probably because someone was pretty drunk or else maybe just took a bribe

• Options
    why not both?

--Mark Twain
  • Options
    I'm not even 100% sure it wasn't me

• Options
    edited January 2015
    So boat bombed an entire Ishtar fleet off the field. Their fleet warped, their frigates landed first, CFC dictor landed on the frigates, bombers warped in, Ishtars landed, bombs dropped.... everything died. It was fucking glorious.

Then the Ishtar fleet decided it had to be a spy and kicked someone.

Edit: I got 72 kills out of it, but I understand they lost closer to 100.

Lochiel on
  • Options
    onesixty2onesixty2 Registered User regular
    So boat bombed an entire Ishtar fleet off the field. Their fleet warped, their frigates landed first, CFC dictor landed on the frigates, bombers warped in, Ishtars landed, bombs dropped.... everything died. It was fucking glorious.

Then the Ishtar fleet decided it had to be a spy and kicked someone.

Edit: I got 72 kills out of it, but I understand they lost closer to 100.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zSAXttIyiM8

As seen from the dead Ishtar fleet.

• Options
    That was some pro bombing

• Options