As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Marvel Heroes 2015] Midtown Madness Week

• Options
    MorkathMorkath Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited September 2014
    Bronx Zoo is interesting, I have only tried with my level 36 rogue so far, and the enemies hit HARD. I was getting hit for like 1k a swing of a single mob. I managed to get through the first phase by abusing my signature power. But managed to fail the second phase for some reason. Don't think I was awake enough to catch what i was supposed to be doing.

Anyone tried hyde's power with rogue yet? Decent or not?

Morkath on
  • Options
    BobbleBobble Registered User regular
    heenato wrote: »
    New code!

Enter BRONX for a free summer beach party fortune card and an Iridium Triple Rush Engery Bar

Quoted for new page plus a link for the lazy folks: https://login.marvelheroes.com/dashboard/redeem.php

• Options
    SwashbucklerXXSwashbucklerXX Swashbucklin' Canuck Registered User regular
    Bronx Zoo seems to be tuned for larger groups and/or people in raid gear, or something. Neat setup, but it's way too easy to get one-shot. Those goddamn giraffes.

Want to find me on a gaming service? I'm SwashbucklerXX everywhere.
  • Options
    ringswraithringswraith Registered User regular
    Speaking of Rogue, a question.

If I steal a power, then put points into it... If I then choose to change the power, do the points I already invested in it get refunded, or do they stay?

Like say I use Borrow Power I to get Cyke's Ricochet Beam, then as I level up I put 5 points into it. If I right-click on it later to remove it, do those 5 points get refunded, or do they stay on BP I so that the next power I grab in its slot starts at rank 5?

• Options
    scherbchenscherbchen Asgard (it is dead)Registered User regular
    those 5 points stay on that power.

• Options
    just a head's up to rogue players btw.... depending on power choices (stolen/borrowed) cosmics have the potential to be really, really good in their slot with +8s to power X and a further +1 to all.

• Options
    AuburnTigerAuburnTiger Registered User regular
    Bronx Zoo seems to be tuned for larger groups and/or people in raid gear, or something. Neat setup, but it's way too easy to get one-shot. Those goddamn giraffes.

The devs have stated on the forums that their ideal difficulty for the Zoo (and all One Shots) is somewhere between Red and Cosmic.

I ran it with my decently geared Jean (not fully geared) and didn't die once.

XBL: Flex MythoMass
  • Options
    Toxic PickleToxic Pickle Thash grape! Registered User regular
    I hadn't much felt like playing this game recently, but last night I decided to pop on just because I had pre-ordered Rogue and never tried her.

Wow am I loving her! Her voice work is great and I love the power stealing mechanic (as probably lots of people do). I'm surprised at how well it works, and since I haven't researched what I get from various characters, I'm really enjoying the surprise each time I steal/borrow a power in seeing what I get.

• Options
    KhildithKhildith Registered User regular
    Yeah with Storm it wasn't too rough actually. I prefer it to Man Ape at least.

Bosses hit hard, but it didn't feel like they hit much harder than Cosmics.

• Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    Like cosmics, the mobs are way more damaging than the actual bosses

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    DirtyboyDirtyboy Registered User regular
    Bentlegiant (dev):
    Things I've fixed/changed internally:
    • Bronx Zoo difficulty tuning
    • Overall difficulty tuning per level band
    • Follows the same rules as Wakanda
    • Level 20 should be much more manageable and then ramp up smoothly through Level 60.
    • MichaelMayhem fixed the overly high damage from ranged mobs and increased difficulty for bosses.
    • Fixed an issue where Hyde's boss door wouldn't appear correctly and players would have to back track to Trina.
    • Fixed an issue where Hyde's machine would appear invisible during the camera sequence to players outside the boss room.
    • You're now required to be in the boss cell to view the camera sequence.
    • We have a potential plan in place to fix the issue and allow players outside the boss room to view the camera sequence.
    • I've increased health on the Biosample named elites required for mission progression and TheCosmicCupcake‌ has made their loot better.
    • Added the loot timer icon for Hyde's Eye of Demonfire drop to the Bronx Zoo Waypoint
    • Lord fixed the t-posing Hyde duplicate we tried to leave in there to distract you. Oh well.
    Check for these changes on the next patch.

• Options
    Sounds better! We were definitely having more trouble with normal mobs than the bosses, especially since my spouse was playing Nightcrawler with a melee build. Hyde was a bit of a pain because attacks like mini-drones were targeting his invincible barrels half the time. Don't know if that's been fixed yet.

• Options
    Lord PalingtonLord Palington he.him.his History-loving pal!Registered User regular
    Speaking of Nightcrawler and the Zoo and the invincible barrels, don't use his ultimate in that boss fight.

SrUxdlb.jpg
  • Options
    farbekriegfarbekrieg Registered User regular
    ugh xdef is so awful at lower lvls... it definitely brings out the worst in people

• Options
    Speaking of Nightcrawler and the Zoo and the invincible barrels, don't use his ultimate in that boss fight.

Yeah, we already learned that one.

• Options
    InvisibleInvisible Registered User regular
    I wish they would go back and fix the Dora section. It's pretty dumb that taunt doesn't work.

• Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    How much longer is the summer event up? And how long will Beast be there?

I heard something about them not using shells/dogs after this, so we can dump extras. That true?

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    KayKay What we need... Is a little bit of PANIC.Registered User regular
    Hullo! I've been playing over the weekend, and NOW THAT I'M AT WORK it's time to read forums. :disappointed_relieved:

I started off with Hawkeye (lvl 35ish), and picked up Black Widow (lvl 25). Got almost 300 splinters now, so I'm looking at either saving up for something like Nightcrawler or Emma Frost perhaps, or grabbing a teamup hero. (Domino? I can't find any info on how they differ, or what they do, if at all)

Any tips for new players? Like how not to suck at X-Defense, for example? There seems to be a lot of wailing and gnashing of teeth over that.

ew9y0DD.png
    3DS FCode: 1993-7512-8991
  • Options
    GeddoeGeddoe Registered User regular
    Being good at X-def(at all levels) is a combination of having/acquiring gear as you go up and having a character that wave clears well. As Hawkeye you want as many enemies as possible taking damage over time from nerve gas arrow. As Widow you want to make sure the biggest threat eats the full power of cdg.

• Options
    DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    Kill the blues!

Alright, in reality it's more complicated than that but know that the only thing that will ever hurt students is the blue enemies. Not bosses, not trash and not golds. If you can keep the blues under control you won't fail. Now the issue is that unless it's a kill limit wave killing blues doesn't end the round, murdering bosses does that. How to divide your attention depends really on who you're playing and who others in the group are playing. Generally play to your strength, if you've got strong single target DPS than murder bosses if you've got good AoE than keep the blues under control.

Really though you can only do so much and who you are paired with will make a larger difference.

Also Nightcrawler is a fun character who plays a lot like you'd think he would. Remember that Blink Strike is civilization.

Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • Options
    Blues? Golds? D:

Is there a decent starter guide to jargon and What Actually Does What? The video in the OP seems kinda out of date.

Like, I have ZERO IDEA what teamup heroes do, or if there's any difference between them.

ew9y0DD.png
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    Kay wrote: »
    Blues? Golds? D:

Is there a decent starter guide to jargon and What Actually Does What? The video in the OP seems kinda out of date.

Like, I have ZERO IDEA what teamup heroes do, or if there's any difference between them.

Blues and Gold refer to the guys that have glowy light around them.

Team ups definitely do different things. Let me look them up in a minute.

Here is a good list of what Team ups each do. Lots of shared abilities but some vary by each of them.

DevoutlyApathetic on
  • Options
    captainkcaptaink TexasRegistered User regular
    edited September 2014
    Blues? Golds? D:

There's not, they keep adding stuff to the game so coming in as a newbie it's hard to learn all at once. Blues and golds are just blue and gold-colored names on badguys. Like champions and rare enemies from Diablo, same colors even.

Teamup heroes are just an NPC ally that you can use. You can basically put them into three modes: always-on, short-term summon (but more powerful) or completely absent but giving buffs. They're all more or less the same, pick who you like.

captaink on
  • Options
    There really isnt a good jumping in spot and the tutorials are pretty useless

Blue ~(blue aura) harder than trash and start gaining affixes (inc damage, invuln, etc) as you progress through story in regular mode they have more hps is all, in heroic they gain 1 affix, super heroic 2 affixes etc, spawn in packs of 3 or 4
    Gold Mobs ~(gold aura) tougher than blues but only 1 spawns in a pack same deal with affixes as blues

• Options
    captaink wrote: »
    Blues? Golds? D:

There's not, they keep adding stuff to the game so coming in as a newbie it's hard to learn all at once. Blues and golds are just blue and gold-colored names on badguys. Like champions and rare enemies from Diablo, same colors even.

Teamup heroes are just an NPC ally that you can use. You can basically put them into three modes: always-on, short-term summon (but more powerful) or completely absent but giving buffs. They're all more or less the same, pick who you like.

Regarding teamups - are the buffs they give while absent a constant passive, or 30 second duration? It looks like the 30 second buff - Beta Ray Bill giving 6% max health and +300 damage rating seems pretty powerful as a passive.

ew9y0DD.png
  • Options
    captaink wrote: »
    Blues? Golds? D:

Regarding teamups - are the buffs they give while absent a constant passive, or 30 second duration? It looks like the 30 second buff - Beta Ray Bill giving 6% max health and +300 damage rating seems pretty powerful as a passive.

First rank is usually constant with the later ones happening on a cool down of 30 seconds or 1 minute or whatever.

• Options
    ringswraithringswraith Registered User regular
    Does the Zoo exist for different level ranges, or is it 60 only?

Was wondering because I want to grab some powers for my Rogue in there.

• Options
    heenatoheenato Alice Leywind Registered User regular
    edited September 2014
    It has level ranges, yes.

heenato on
    M A G I K A Z A M
  • Options
    InvisibleInvisible Registered User regular
    Woo, the Old Lace I was using on Hawkeye had +2 Fighting as the very first unique bonus. Now if I could just get a Saturn rune.

• Options
    my cosmic pet bonus rolls continue to be the worst. +1 movement skills since forever.

actually, I lie. I had a +2 movement skills in there as well.

• Options
    Toxic PickleToxic Pickle Thash grape! Registered User regular
    edited September 2014

Also Nightcrawler is a fun character who plays a lot like you'd think he would. Remember that Blink Strike is civilization.

I was probably unreasonably happy when, while playing Rogue, I ran up and used a steal power ability on Nightcrawler and got Blink Strike from it! <3

I figured I'd just get his general teleport ability (which wouldn't have been bad) or something lame. But nope, Blink Strike! Wooooot.

Toxic Pickle on
  • Options
    The next game mode is almost ready to launch, the Industry City Patrol.

Here's some quick details about it:
    • The official name of the zone is the Industry City Patrol
    • Industry City is a waterfront section located in Brooklyn, New York
    • In development, this zone was codenamed, "Brooklyn Patrol"
    • Just like they did when replicating the Bronx Zoo, the Marvel Heroes environment team built Industry City to be somewhat similar to the real-life Brooklyn version of it (complete with docks and various industrial buildings)
    • The zone is a "Patrol Zone", with some similarities to Midtown Patrol (10 people, constant action)
    • Like Midtown, it's available at all levels
    • The zone will feature several new encounter types, never seen in Midtown or other zones
    • Industry City has a LOT of crime and supervillain activity, which is why we need your help.
    • Many of the Supervillains are familiar, but there are a couple of new ones, complete with new Medallions and items
    • Batroc the Leaper, the Superior Spider-Clone and The Amalgamated One look forward to meeting you in Industry City
    • The zone will begin public testing in October and launch soon after Nova. It's currently in final Alpha testing.
    • The Industry City uses some new spawning technology that was created for spawning many enemies and encounters at once with minimal server load. Eventually, Midtown Patrol will be ported to use that technology.

• Options
    Chomp-ChompChomp-Chomp Shonen Princess Registered User regular
    BATROC ZE LEPAIR

Hell yes

• Options
    Doomsaw:
    We have final sign off on our heroes for the next year!

We'll put together a formal list with details and make an announcement tomorrow for what will essentially be Advance Pack 2.

We'll see you at 2pm Pacific for the list as we can share it.

I'm pretty excited about the content, by Rylonir's Beard!

• Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    Reynolds wrote: »
    How much longer is the summer event up? And how long will Beast be there?

I heard something about them not using shells/dogs after this, so we can dump extras. That true?

Anyone? Doesn't say on their site, their forums didn't help either.

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    Yeah the all the summer stuff is going away and you can vendor whatever is left when it's done.
    We’re permanently phasing out Hot Dog parts and Conch Shells in an effort to consolidate event items. You can use them up to acquire items listed above and sell leftover Hot Dogs items and Conch Shells for credits at the end of the event.

Dirtyboy on
  • Options
    I get that black widow is awful and needs QoL buffs (I got her to red 60 last week), but holy Vishnu batman, invisible girl is the worst.

I have CCR lvl 5, several bonus points in energy she is at 14 and 11 int for crit/xp and trash is just super resistant and takes a few seconds to go down (relative to similarly geared omega'd heroes who 1 hit trash) let alone bosses.

• Options
    ValiantheartValiantheart Registered User regular
    edited September 2014
    Yeah. Not only is her dps the worst in the game her bigger sin is her design is NOTHING like Sue Storm.

She is the one character I have not bothered to farm gear for.

Valiantheart on
    PSN: Valiant_heart PC: Valiantheart99
  • Options
    MisterGrokMisterGrok Registered User regular
    Are you not using invisibility/resonating wave to clear trash?

GamerTag: aintnodancer
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    MisterGrok wrote: »
    Are you not using invisibility/resonating wave to clear trash?

Wave is a good skill but on a 4 second cooldown so its mostly bouncy disks and wave when its up and 2 or 3 the crushers overall its extremely busy as far as clicking buttons but very little dps output.

edit: Im trying to debuff with cascading force then apply disks but im still seeing very low dps, last prestige i tried seeker orbs and blitz (movement) but it was also underwhelming.

farbekrieg on
This discussion has been closed.