As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Marvel Heroes 2015] Midtown Madness Week

• Options
    DirtyboyDirtyboy Registered User regular
    Summer event ends with the patch at 6am PDT on Thursday.

• Options
    DacDac Registered User regular
    Bobble wrote: »
    I hope Blade's audio is just a collection of quotes from Wesley Snipes movies.

Always bet on black!

Some mothafuckas always tryin't ice skate uphill.

Steam: catseye543
    PSN: ShogunGunshow
    Origin: ShogunGunshow
  • Options
    MisterGrokMisterGrok Registered User regular
    So what is Axis? Is Ryolnir having stated that they have motion comics (plural) for the content mean it would be another story mode?

GamerTag: aintnodancer
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    MisterGrok wrote: »
    So what is Axis? Is Ryolnir having stated that they have motion comics (plural) for the content mean it would be another story mode?
    Marvel Heroes is doing a direct tie-in to Axis. It will be a new One-Shot. It most likely won't hit til November/December.
    AXIS
    October, 2014 - December, 2014
    The Red Skull has taken over Genosha and stands poised to plunge the planet into World War Hate! The Avengers and X-Men must team-up with each other and some of their greatest foes, but along the way, Inversion changes everything! Anything can happen in this nine-issue event written by Rick Remender with the art of Jim Cheung, Terry Dodson, Adam Kubert and Leinil Yu!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PctSp3_2OJ0

Dirtyboy on
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    Great Scott! Red Skull in Onslaught armor!
    Ryolnir wrote:
    In this week's patch, you will be able to use the Cybernetics Vacuum feature even without a Pet - you will get the credits directly.

That's how we intended it to ship.

In next month's patch (probably with Juggernaut patch, maybe sooner), whenever you vacuum something for a full node, it will give you a "point" towards unlocking the next node lower down that needs donations.

Example: If Purples are full but Blues are not full, you will get credit for Blues. If Blues are also full, Greens will get credit. If everything is full, you just get the credits.

I'm pretty excited about this change.

I wasn't crazy! Non-pet owners rejoice!

MisterGrok on
  • Options
    BobbleBobble Registered User regular
    Dirtyboy wrote: »

gaaaaah. I logged off last night with 251 conch shells thinking the patch would be around noon. Oh well.

• Options
    KayKay What we need... Is a little bit of PANIC.Registered User regular
    Bobble wrote: »

gaaaaah. I logged off last night with 251 conch shells thinking the patch would be around noon. Oh well.
    Balls. I was two hotdogs short of a full hot dog stand.

I picked up a Big Kahuna, at least.

ew9y0DD.png
    3DS FCode: 1993-7512-8991
  • Options
    ValiantheartValiantheart Registered User regular
    i got an ESP box and got one more hot dog cart.

PSN: Valiant_heart PC: Valiantheart99
  • Options
    SmagglerSmaggler Registered User regular
    Anyone know which hero the Hotdog Cart is BiS for?

• Options
    Lord PalingtonLord Palington he.him.his History-loving pal!Registered User regular
    I hear Iron Man or Luke Cage.

SrUxdlb.jpg
  • Options
    ringswraithringswraith Registered User regular
    I got a Hot Dog Cart, and a Mental Headband, which I already have one of.

Damn GotK refuses to drop for me.

Question: What happens if you unbind a blessed artifact? Does the blessing stay?

• Options
    Smaggler wrote: »
    Anyone know which hero the Hotdog Cart is BiS for?

Definitely BiS for IM.

• Options
    LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    Axis is an event that is going to switch a lot of characters' alignments

Like doom, saber tooth, Luke cage, etc

• Options
    LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    Like after axis there will be a Doom led avengers book

• Options
    scherbchenscherbchen Asgard (it is dead)Registered User regular
    well let's not be too hasty....

it kind of depends on what kind of IM you want to play.

I play melee/missile hybrid and I have found that, imho, a good Extremis Undersheath is good as well if not better. Death From Above and Adaptive Armour and health and -10% suit power are all good deals.

before the IM rework I would have agreed (after needing some convincing at first, back when I stacked spirit like there was no tomorrow even) that hot dog is BiS, now I'd say 'meh'.

but IM has so many ways to build him depending on how you like to play him... play around with it a bit and see what works for you.

• Options
    Rylonir:
    The bonus for XP will increase every day at 10AM PDT.

If it does not increase by this time, feel free to PM me and use scary images so that I can fix whatever the issue is. It will be scheduled ahead of time!

• Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    it totally will break. probably multiple times

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    scherbchenscherbchen Asgard (it is dead)Registered User regular
    tbh I was surprised the latest patch did not completely break some part of the game.

they are getting the hang of this!

• Options
    Langly wrote: »
    Like after axis there will be a Doom led avengers book

Ok that actually sounds pretty awesome.

• Options
    Dyvim TvarDyvim Tvar Registered User regular
    scherbchen wrote: »
    tbh I was surprised the latest patch did not completely break some part of the game.

They'll just have to break something twice as badly next time.

Everyone is different. Everyone is special.
  • Options
    chocoboliciouschocobolicious Registered User regular
    scherbchen wrote: »

That you know of.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Well, there is a mega patch coming soon. Nova, GR and Psylocke QoL, plus Star-Lord element gun fixes all in one patch. Also, the new patrol map may be around that time, so plenty of opportunity for breakage.

• Options
    Hello all,

We're glad everyone is talking about the Advance Pack 2 and a large number of people have already preordered it.

We got a piece of feedback that we're going to take care of right now.

People mentioned that last year's "early bird" bonus was Ghost Rider, a more expensive hero than X-23.

X-23 wouldn't stand for that, so we're adding two additional costumes to the X-23 bundle:

X-23's Fang Costume

X-23's Nyx Costume

Everyone who has already preordered the Advance Pack 2 - Deluxe Edition will automatically get these additional costumes added to their order, and anyone who orders the Deluxe Edition before October 10th will also receive these costumes as part of their bonus X-23 bundle. That's four costumes total.

The page has been updated to reflect this: https://store.marvelheroes.com/wsstore_en_us/advance-packs
    X23Fang.png
    X23nyx.png

• Options
    I was already sold on the Advance Pack 2 but I have to wait until the 8th. I have to say, I am happy for them to keep adding more stuff. I'm almost out of heroes to level as it is.

• Options
    Code ADVP2 for free four hour omega booster.

• Options
  • Options
    ironsizideironsizide You must whip it Registered User regular
    Is Fury a particular hero's version of Spirit?

Also I picked up one of them thar Omega Drive artifacts yesterday. I was thinking it might be an interesting choice for IM since the INT boost will give him more bonus suit energy (spirit) and thus even more damage output. Does he still get this bonus from Arc Reactor after the 52 rework? (I'm not on a computer I can check this in game on and I'm impatient.)

|_
    Oo\ Ironsizide
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    farbekriegfarbekrieg Registered User regular
    ironsizide wrote: »

Also I picked up one of them thar Omega Drive artifacts yesterday. I was thinking it might be an interesting choice for IM since the INT boost will give him more bonus suit energy (spirit) and thus even more damage output. Does he still get this bonus from Arc Reactor after the 52 rework? (I'm not on a computer I can check this in game on and I'm impatient.)

Wolvie currently shows as fury and silver surfer shows as power cosmic but it's just a translation of spirit

That said congrats gaz on making a worse encounter than man ape

• Options
    heenatoheenato Alice Leywind Registered User regular
    farbekrieg wrote: »

Wolvie currently shows as fury and silver surfer shows as power cosmic but it's just a translation of spirit

Wait, what? What did they make that's worse than man-ape?

M A G I K A Z A M
  • Options
    MorkathMorkath Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular

Yeah, but there are better choices imo, if you have nothing better use it. But you will end up upgrading it.

• Options
    heenato wrote: »

Have you fought Hyde? Invisible puddles of dots that tick for 10k. He gets stuck behind trees and doesnt move. Other issues.

• Options
    heenatoheenato Alice Leywind Registered User regular

Have you fought Hyde? Invisible puddles of dots that tick for 10k. He gets stuck behind trees and doesnt move. Other issues.
    Yeah. I've fought Hyde. He was fucking great compared to Man-ape. I mean, I guess if there's some bugs he can be awful because of the bugs, but I didn't get any, and he was pretty fun.

M A G I K A Z A M
  • Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular

Yeah. I've fought Hyde. He was fucking great compared to Man-ape. I mean, I guess if there's some bugs he can be awful because of the bugs, but I didn't get any, and he was pretty fun.
    Yeah, before this last "balance pass". 10k a hit dots that are next to invisible with all the other junk flying around, and his regular attacks (the non-telegraphed ones) aren't much weaker either

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    LockedOnTargetLockedOnTarget Registered User regular
    edited September 2014
    They really need to slow down Hyde's charge, though.

By the time my brain has registered the telegraph, he's charging and one-shotting me.

LockedOnTarget on
  • Options
    farbekriegfarbekrieg Registered User regular
    edited September 2014

despite my near constant stream of complaints it makes me happy to see that gaz is doing well.

Outside of a few flaws that are being refined and moving in the right direction my only complaint with any merit is the economy sucks... like horribly.

I'm not going to attempt to defend the man ape encounter because it is a tedious slog, but in comparison to hyde I feel it is 'fair' encounter. I make the Hyde encounter worse than it has to be, because I solo it every day instead of grouping up for it
    I infrequently die to man ape regardless of hero and if I do it is on me because there was a way to avoid that death, with Hyde I feel I'm getting 1 or 2 unavoidable deaths every encounter.

Hyde's tree throwing often hits me despite being well outside the target circle.
    Invisible Acid pools
    One hit kill cane strikes (the aoe stuff with the green lines) 13k def 21k hp ms m
    Hyde spends 10 seconds in a non enraged state the entire match
    Hyde's melee attack is a 360 pt blank aoe (possible synch or facing issue?)
    Hyde's charge not being a straight line and killing me (or charging through me dealing no dmg)

farbekrieg on
  • Options
    Dyvim TvarDyvim Tvar Registered User regular
    edited September 2014
    Gazillion in creating incredibly inelegant and borderline broken boss encounter shocker.

Dyvim Tvar on
    Everyone is different. Everyone is special.
  • Options
    InvisibleInvisible Registered User regular
    The Doctor Doom Future Foundation team up is in game for those who bought the Apple OS version of the game.

• Options
    GeddoeGeddoe Registered User regular
    Got Storm to 60 a couple hours ago. Sitting on 295 odin marks to get my next hero a legendary. Choices are Kate Bishop(level 30), SW (level 36ish), Nightcrawler (level 1 but eyeing his synergy), Daredevil, and Taskmaster. I also have Rogue but she is waiting for a Power Cosmic. Punisher, Human Torch, and Reed are also available, but I don't really care about them.

Anybody have any suggestions?

• Options
    Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular
    Geddoe wrote: »
    Got Storm to 60 a couple hours ago. Sitting on 295 odin marks to get my next hero a legendary. Choices are Kate Bishop(level 30), SW (level 36ish), Nightcrawler (level 1 but eyeing his synergy), Daredevil, and Taskmaster. I also have Rogue but she is waiting for a Power Cosmic. Punisher, Human Torch, and Reed are also available, but I don't really care about them.

Anybody have any suggestions?

Well depends on what you like to play. I had tons of fun on Human Torch and I am more of a melee guy. Of the rest you mentioned I had the most fun on NC. But that is just because of the BAMFing and the swords.
    Dyvim Tvar wrote: »
    Gazillion in creating incredibly inelegant and borderline broken boss encounter shocker.

Well most of those issues can be mitigated by not soloing it. Zoo is pretty easy to solo as you can skip directly to the sub bosses if you want. Group wise you destroy it.

This discussion has been closed.