As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Marvel Heroes 2015] Midtown Madness Week

• Options
    ValiantheartValiantheart Registered User regular
    I didnt use her basic at all. Cone wave attack, microdrones, her explosion spirit restorer.

PSN: Valiant_heart PC: Valiantheart99
  • Options
    DirtyboyDirtyboy Registered User regular
    edited September 2014
    Ghq90nv.png

Hero list for Advance Pack 2:
    1. Iceman (early 2015)
    2. Dr. Doom
    3. War Machine
    4. Kitty Pryde with Lockheed (first half 2015)
    5. Vision (Avengers 2)
    6. She-Hulk
    7. Winter Soldier (winter, duh)
    8. Blade (Halloween)
    9. Iron Fist
    10. Black Cat
    11. TBA (Ant Man)
    12. TBA (toss-up between several heroes)
    Two bonus costumes for purchasing Advance Pack 2: Magneto-Marvel Now (black), Spider-Girl (enhanced).
    Bonus hero for buying the "early bird" Advance Pack 2: X-23.

Dirtyboy on
  • Options
    DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    edited September 2014
    So in order:

1. Cool
    2. Mwa-ha-ha
    3. Uh, isn't that just Iron Man again?
    4. Sweet.
    5. Uh, well half of his stuff is probably already in 4...
    6. I hope she has a lawyer tree.
    7. Eh. Like a year late there.
    8. Well geez, I thought I was unenthused about 7.
    9. Excellent. Hope he gets a Luke Cage summon just because I want to buddy with a guy I have as a side kick and he has me as a side kick and and and....
    10. Hmm....this could be good. Though afraid she'll be Widow 2.0.
    11. Finally a reason to zoom the screen!

DevoutlyApathetic on
    Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • Options
    HeartfinderHeartfinder Registered User regular
    Huh, thought Nova would be the Early Bird bonus, but I'll take X-23.

steam_sig-400.png
  • Options
    MisterGrokMisterGrok Registered User regular
    farbekrieg wrote: »
    MisterGrok wrote: »
    Are you not using invisibility/resonating wave to clear trash?

Wave is a good skill but on a 4 second cooldown so its mostly bouncy disks and wave when its up and 2 or 3 the crushers overall its extremely busy as far as clicking buttons but very little dps output.

edit: Im trying to debuff with cascading force then apply disks but im still seeing very low dps, last prestige i tried seeker orbs and blitz (movement) but it was also underwhelming.

This is the build I use and I'm very successful with her.

https://forums.marvelheroes.com/discussion/119490/guide-lets-show-them-what-we-can-do-invisible-woman-build

GamerTag: aintnodancer
  • Options
    They said he was originally slated to be a launch hero but held off so they could properly design him. Said he will be nearly all physical damage and will be "Punisher in an Iron Man suit".
    8. Eh. Like a year late there.
    They couldn't use him for Cap 2 launch as someone else had exclusive release rights to Bucky.
    9. Well geez, I thought I was unenthused about 7.
    You can thank all the people on the official forums who constantly requested Blade for that.
    11. Hmm....this could be good. Though afraid she'll be Widow 2.0.
    They said she will be trap-based.
    12. Finally a reason to zoom the screen!
    Doomsaw said they are wait-and-see on Ant-Man to see if they can make him work in-game, so might be replaced.

• Options
    ValiantheartValiantheart Registered User regular
    Yeah. No qualms whatsoever on skipping the Ultimate pack this time. Only one that is a must buy is Doom.

PSN: Valiant_heart PC: Valiantheart99
  • Options
    scherbchenscherbchen Asgard (it is dead)Registered User regular
    well there are two heroes in there and the bonus I like to get (hint: all of them are female).

I doubt they can do bobby drake justice, for the rest I remain cautiously indifferent, I guess?

• Options
    I'm not super excited for this lineup, but there's nobody I hate in it either. Will probably cave and get the $130 pack.

• Options
    LawndartLawndart Registered User regular
    Dirtyboy wrote: »
    They said he was originally slated to be a launch hero but held off so they could properly design him. Said he will be nearly all physical damage and will be "Punisher in an Iron Man suit".

They also mentioned that instead of spirit or shield power that War Machine might (or will, I wasn't sure) use a Mechwarrior-style heat management resource where firing any of his apparently ridiculous amount of guns builds up heat, risking the suit/guns overheating.

So yeah, not a huge difference but enough to (maybe) justify a different character rather than just an enhanced costume.

• Options
    edited September 2014
    Some bits from forum Q&A going on:
    • Beast, Domino, Magik still looking to be released in 2015 as 200ES heroes.
    • Black Bolt coming for upcoming Marvel comics event.
    • Wasp is on short list for final Advance Pack slot, but depends on tech.
    • Nick Fury, Dazzler, Jubilee on short list.
    • Professor X, Havok, Sandman playable possibly for 2016.
    • Polaris "eventually".
    • Quicksilver: "It's actually very easy to make a guy who runs quickly, the challenge is that most people's setups will not be able to load the environments fast enough to really make the hero feel realistic."
    • "There were 10-20 heroes on the short list at one time or another. MODOK was one of the most fun on that list..."
    • Electro was slated for Advance Pack 2 but ended up being replaced.
    • Probable Cosmo pet coming.
    • Howard the Duck will be a Team-Up in 2015.
    • Hercules, Captain Britain, Falcon, Gladiator, Ka-Zar, Corsair, Silver Samurai, Mystique on long term list.

Bonus: Doomsaw spoiled there will be another April Fool's "surprise" hero for 2015.

Dirtyboy on
  • Options
    BobbleBobble Registered User regular
    Some bits from forum Q&A going on:
    • Professor X, Havok, Sandman playable possibly for 2016.

I'm sorry but I'm imagining his travel power as a rocket strapped to his wheelchair and I find it really amusing.

• Options
    edited September 2014
    Not sure why they would add Xavier because...
    He's fucking dead.xmen12f-3-web.jpg

Although, by the time they get around to it, he will already have magically been reborn.

Dirtyboy on
  • Options
    LockedOnTargetLockedOnTarget Registered User regular
    I mean, Jean has been dead for ten years and she's in the game.

They aren't going to not do an iconic X-Man just cause he's currently dead.

• Options
    IvanIssacsIvanIssacs Skull Leader SDF-1Registered User regular
    X-Man when?

• Options
    heenatoheenato Alice Leywind Registered User regular

Bonus: Doomsaw spoiled there will be another April Fool's "surprise" hero for 2015.
    I swear to god, if it's not J.J.J, I'm gonna be so angry.

M A G I K A Z A M
  • Options
    ElementalorElementalor Registered User regular
    It's Aunt May.

Marvel Future Fight: dElementalor
    FFBE: 898,311,440
    Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/dElementalor
  • Options
    It's Aunt May.
    I would also be okay with this.

M A G I K A Z A M
  • Options
    MisterGrokMisterGrok Registered User regular
    Howard the Duck as team-up. I am never leaving this game.

GamerTag: aintnodancer
  • Options
    Jesus McChristJesus McChrist Registered User regular
    Accursed Beam got pretty much gutted. And I liked having a build that wasn't "Apply DoTs, punch, repeat".

if you can read this i hope you have a good day partner
  • Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    I wish I could drop that kind of money on a pack. I'll just start saving up and hope for a good sale.

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    cckerberoscckerberos Registered User regular
    Kitty Pryde and X-23 are my only must haves from that lot, so I can thankfully hold off on the pack and pick up the other ones I like for splinters later.

cckerberos.png
  • Options
    KayKay What we need... Is a little bit of PANIC.Registered User regular
    Some Hawkeye queries.

Ronin Lunge vs Acrobatic Roll - is the damage and bleed on Ronin Lunge worth giving up the attack/move speed boost on AR? I assume the knockdown and stun effects are largely similar.

Basic attack - Serrated Arrows (highest damage and +crit) with a single point of Pym Arrows for life/spirit leech, max Pym Arrows and use that despite lower DPS/crit, or max both? Triple Arrow seems like the weakest of the bunch, given that he has slows/freezes and taunts etc. elsewhere.

Max. All. Passives. Apparently this isn't negotiable, though you can get away with 1 point in Combat Training?

How do Rocket Arrow, Harpoon Arrow and Three Round Burst compare for single target? It looks like Harpoon and TRB are pretty comparable, with TRB winning out vs bosses/elites by a long shot.

One point wonders, as I understand it, include Shrieking Arrow (taunt), Medical Arrow (def buff and heal), and Flash Bomb (cc break/stealth).

For AoE, I'm reading to max Nerve Gas arrow, then either max Freeze Arrow or Exploding Arrow? And if you max Freeze Arrow, just take 1 point in Exploding for the Vulnerability? And that Electric Arrow, while cool and flashy, isn't that useful?

I've been using Shrieking to gather, Electric to immobilise, then unloading gas and exploding arrows into groups to waveclear at the moment.

Any help appreciated!

ew9y0DD.png
    3DS FCode: 1993-7512-8991
  • Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    I don't know why they haven't realized that it would be completely easy to make Quicksilver even without making him passively move at super speed.

It's just all about animations.

Hell, even now most heroes can dash around so fast that the server has fits loading the environment.

• Options
    I'm interested in all those heroes save for Blade. I don't understand why people like Blade so much.

Wish there was more women, though.

• Options
    BobbleBobble Registered User regular
    edited September 2014
    I hope Blade's audio is just a collection of quotes from Wesley Snipes movies.

Always bet on black!

Bobble on
  • Options
    Toxic PickleToxic Pickle Thash grape! Registered User regular
    Literally the only knowledge of Blade I have comes from the movies, which makes me not very excited for him... but maybe he'll be fun to play, which is ultimately all I care about. Other than him, I'm reasonably excited about most of the heroes on the list for the Advance Pack, but I'm never one to buy stuff like that ahead of time... most times alternate costumes are not very interesting to me, and I'm sure I'll be able to pick up at least a few of those characters with splinters, during BOGO or G-sale events, so I'll just wait and see.

• Options
    ringswraithringswraith Registered User regular
    Only one I'm really interested in there is Iceman and maybe Shadowcat. X-23 sounds cool too though.

Probably gonna pass on this one and just buy 'em with splinters or their individual packs.

• Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Literally the only knowledge of Blade I have comes from the movies, which makes me not very excited for him... but maybe he'll be fun to play, which is ultimately all I care about. Other than him, I'm reasonably excited about most of the heroes on the list for the Advance Pack, but I'm never one to buy stuff like that ahead of time... most times alternate costumes are not very interesting to me, and I'm sure I'll be able to pick up at least a few of those characters with splinters, during BOGO or G-sale events, so I'll just wait and see.

The big not-so-secret is that nobody gave a shit about Blade before the movies.

He was barely even a C-lister.

• Options
    Jesus McChristJesus McChrist Registered User regular
    I'm pretty excited for the majority of that pack.

Was never really big on Iceman or Vision, though

if you can read this i hope you have a good day partner
  • Options
    gtrmpgtrmp Registered User regular
    Bobble wrote: »

Always bet on black!

they're actually in talks with Snipes for him to voice Blade in the game

dude's been out of work for long enough that he's probably willing to work for whatever they'll pay him

• Options
    edited September 2014
    Winter Solider model:
    DZtHxEM.png

Blade model:
    oRMCdiM.png

Kitty Pryde model:
    Lzxehgi.png

Dirtyboy on
  • Options
    AccualtAccualt Registered User regular
    I'm interested in all those heroes save for Blade. I don't understand why people like Blade so much.

Wish there was more women, though.

Don't worry, for the low-low price of the cost of the hero plus another $20 (each) you'll be able to play as a female version of multiple heroes!

I personally find all of the Female Enhanced Skins really depressing. It is a pretty big cost barrier to players who want female characters. Personally I think female enhanced skins should just be offered as separate heroes at the typical hero prices.

• Options
    AuburnTigerAuburnTiger Registered User regular
    Super pumped for Kitty, Doom, and She-Hulk.

And I can find reasons to be excited for the rest.

Except . . . for Black Cat. Ugh.

XBL: Flex MythoMass
  • Options
    AuburnTigerAuburnTiger Registered User regular
    gtrmp wrote: »
    Bobble wrote: »

Always bet on black!

they're actually in talks with Snipes for him to voice Blade in the game

dude's been out of work for long enough that he's probably willing to work for whatever they'll pay him

He was in the Expendables 3 and he's got another movie announced.

XBL: Flex MythoMass
  • Options
    InvisibleInvisible Registered User regular
    Dazzler and Jubilee on the shortlist!

• Options
    I am now super depressed MODOK was considered but didn't make it.

• Options
    IblisIblis Registered User regular
    I am now super depressed MODOK was considered but didn't make it.

Unless he's their April Fool's hero.

Steam Account, 3DS FC: 5129-1652-5160, Origin ID: DamusWolf
  • Options
    Cilla BlackCilla Black Priscilla!!! Registered User regular
    Kitty Pride could be pretty awesome

Incidentally, does anyone know how much Rogue sells for in the store? I don't think I can look it up outside the game, which isn't currently installed, but I still have some Gs from when I was going to buy Silver Surfer but decided not to. Unsure if it'll be enough, but apparently she's a lot of fun to play, so I might reinstall and give her a try.

• Options
    She's a 600 splinter hero, so I THINK that's the 1350 tier of Gs?

M A G I K A Z A M
This discussion has been closed.