As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Marvel Heroes 2015] Midtown Madness Week

• Options
    ValiantheartValiantheart Registered User regular
    Of the ones you just listed I enjoyed Tasky the most. Hes very versatile and fun.

PSN: Valiant_heart PC: Valiantheart99
  • Options
    scherbchenscherbchen Asgard (it is dead)Registered User regular
    rule number 1: you can never go wrong with Nightcrawler

• Options
    TOGSolidTOGSolid Drunk sailor Seattle, WashingtonRegistered User regular
    Geddoe wrote: »
    Got Storm to 60 a couple hours ago. Sitting on 295 odin marks to get my next hero a legendary. Choices are Kate Bishop(level 30), SW (level 36ish), Nightcrawler (level 1 but eyeing his synergy), Daredevil, and Taskmaster. I also have Rogue but she is waiting for a Power Cosmic. Punisher, Human Torch, and Reed are also available, but I don't really care about them.

Anybody have any suggestions?
    Taskmaster is god damn fantastic and can be built any which way you want so there's lotsa variety there.

wWuzwvJ.png
  • Options
    farbekriegfarbekrieg Registered User regular
    Geddoe wrote: »
    Got Storm to 60 a couple hours ago. Sitting on 295 odin marks to get my next hero a legendary. Choices are Kate Bishop(level 30), SW (level 36ish), Nightcrawler (level 1 but eyeing his synergy), Daredevil, and Taskmaster. I also have Rogue but she is waiting for a Power Cosmic. Punisher, Human Torch, and Reed are also available, but I don't really care about them.

Anybody have any suggestions?

Tasky > Rogue > Hawkguy > DD > punisher > reed for me at least

But I really loathe squishy heroes so your mileage may very.

• Options
    heenatoheenato Alice Leywind Registered User regular
    @Farbekrieg So, I went back and did Hyde again, since the first time I did it, I thought he wasn't that bad, and You're completely right. He's kinda worse than man-ape. Simply because he doesn't WORK PROPERLY. The DOT clouds are almost impossible to see, I imagine they WOULD be impossible to see at lower graphical settings, Hyde does WAAAAAY too much damage when enraged, and the hitboxes don't seem to work correctly.

The ONLY saving grace is that you can knock him out of enrage fairly easily....Well, I'd say that, but it's completely random if he'll do the charge! See, Hyde does not have a duration on his enrage. It's a permanent buff until you knock him out of it. You do this by playing matador with him....Except most of the walls of the arena don't WORK for some reason. Only the walls on the very right side. This is not fuckin' telegraphed at all, and how you're supposed to figure that out on your own without blind luck is beyond me. It's also semi-random on if he'll do his charge or not.

Basically, lower his damage a bit, make the DOTs easier to see, and fix the collision on the walls, and Hyde'd be a pretty good fight.

M A G I K A Z A M
  • Options
    LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    oh my lord you guys I am here to witness that cyclops is the worst

• Options
    LockedOnTargetLockedOnTarget Registered User regular
    edited September 2014
    I love Cyclops. Both as a character and in the game.

He's super simple to play which is perfect because I often listen to podcasts or watch wrestling while I play so I enjoy the mindlessness of it.

LockedOnTarget on
  • Options
    So I got my Omega artifact box and I got Man-Ape's spear, and it had an Int challenge bonus on it.

Shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit.

• Options
    GeddoeGeddoe Registered User regular
    I need like 3 Power Cosmics(maybe more). Next cosmic week will be grindy.

• Options

He's super simple to play which is perfect because I often listen to podcasts or watch wrestling while I play so I enjoy the mindlessness of it.

you can't kill bosses. it takes forever

• Options
    KayKay What we need... Is a little bit of PANIC.Registered User regular
    A friend of mine picked up Deadpool, so I needed to get a new hero to play with him. I had just over 300, and none of the 200s really appealed, so I took a random box. My first random box!

Punisher.

And I already HAD two 'super skilled humans with high-tech weapons' characters, Hawkeye and Black Widow.

At least his fear mechanic is pretty interesting, and his skills are solid. Also, the super-straight no-fun GUNDUDE paired up with Deadpool is pretty amusing.

ew9y0DD.png
    3DS FCode: 1993-7512-8991
  • Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    You should invest in the Thunderbolts costume for him.

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    chocoboliciouschocobolicious Registered User regular
    Kay wrote: »
    A friend of mine picked up Deadpool, so I needed to get a new hero to play with him. I had just over 300, and none of the 200s really appealed, so I took a random box. My first random box!

Punisher.

And I already HAD two 'super skilled humans with high-tech weapons' characters, Hawkeye and Black Widow.

At least his fear mechanic is pretty interesting, and his skills are solid. Also, the super-straight no-fun GUNDUDE paired up with Deadpool is pretty amusing.

Get Doom soundtrack. It is required for leveling Punisher properly. Make sure to use the shotgun.

steam_sig.png
  • Options

Punisher.

Get Doom soundtrack. It is required for leveling Punisher properly. Make sure to use the shotgun.
    I have poured all my points into his passives, and his shotgun auto.

I need a good shotgun spirit spending power, but I don't think that turns up until the 20s.

ew9y0DD.png
  • Options
    Langly wrote: »

Optic Barrage with good attack speed and crit does fine for me.

• Options
    BobbleBobble Registered User regular
    So I really wanted to try and enjoy Psylocke, but it's been a struggle. Got her up to about 28 and I just feel like it's not clicking. Anyone recommend a good build to be shooting for with her?

• Options
    Shes sucks. Wait for the QOL improvement in the next 2 weeks.

• Options
    edited September 2014
    I liked Jiggyjustin's build on the Psylocke forums. Though I don't use/skill Assassinate because I ran out of hotkeys. I find her fun.

Falling Lotus is your best friend.

Geddoe on
  • Options
    DirtyboyDirtyboy Registered User regular
    edited September 2014
    Doomsaw:

Happy Monday and welcome to a new work week.

I have status updates for about 20 different things (Psylocke, Ghost Rider, Cyclops, Nova, Juggernaut, Surfer, Sue Storm, Emma, Wasp, Havok, Industry City, Red Raids, Zoo, Multi-Spec, Achievements, Danger Room, PVP and more) - I'm be working on these over the next 48 hours and make a nice comprehensive post for you).

We have a couple of days of downtime at the office as we move into a new space (very nice new building), so this week's patch will be fairly small, but the next couple of weeks has a ton of stuff coming.

See you soon.

Dirtyboy on
  • Options
    Cyclops has now hit level 48 and with my boosts on its going so quickly that I might as well get him to sixty for the xp boost that brings I guess.

• Options
    PA DallasPA Dallas Registered User regular
    Cyclops has now hit level 48 and with my boosts on its going so quickly that I might as well get him to sixty for the xp boost that brings I guess.

I thought the xp boost was at 50.

I saw a werewolf drinkin' a pina colada at Trader Vic's.
    And his hair was perfect.
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    PA Dallas wrote: »

his synergy is, but you get an xp boost for every level 60 character

• Options
    PA DallasPA Dallas Registered User regular

I did not know that. Thanks for the info.

I saw a werewolf drinkin' a pina colada at Trader Vic's.
    And his hair was perfect.
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    edited September 2014

I did not know that. Thanks for the info.

Here's the actual breakdown:
    After discussing the xp rates with @Xarex and @Doomsaw for the hero synergy system they were very adamant about giving you all more xp. So here are the new values...

1 hero at level 60 = +30% xp bonus.

2 heroes at level 60 = +20% xp bonus (50% total).

3 heroes at level 60 = +15% xp bonus (65% total).

4 heroes at level 60 = +10% xp bonus (75% total).

5+ heroes at Level 60 = +5% xp bonus for each hero (in addition to the 75% bonus from the first 4 heroes you have at level 60).

Additionally, each level 30 hero grants a 1% XP bonus and each level 50 hero grants a 3% XP bonus.

You can achieve a max of a 200% XP bonus with this system. Your regular bonus xp from items, boosts, etc... isn't factored into the 200% max. This bonus is only useable for heroes at level 60 or below, so if we ever increase the level cap, only heroes at 60 or below will be given this specific xp bonus.

another huge, huge part of the game that is never mentioned

Langly on
  • Options
    captainkcaptaink TexasRegistered User regular
    It is buried in a tooltip if you scroll way down your character stat screen, I think. But no, not very prominent at all.

• Options
    MisterGrokMisterGrok Registered User regular
    edited September 2014
    Marvel Heroes 2015 Raid FAQ

So, anyone interested in doing a regular raid time for the SG?

I find that punching helps boss fights go faster.

MisterGrok on
    GamerTag: aintnodancer
  • Options
    so I just got a pelt of the white gorilla from the box with +1 speed, who is that good for?

• Options
    ElementalorElementalor Registered User regular
    MisterGrok wrote: »
    Marvel Heroes 2015 Raid FAQ

So, anyone interested in doing a regular raid time for the SG?

I find that punching helps boss fights go faster.

Sure, I'm down.

Marvel Future Fight: dElementalor
    FFBE: 898,311,440
    Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/dElementalor
  • Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    Honestly, the gear levels are so much higher than what it's balanced for, I don't think I've ever had a pub raid that failed since it came out of beta. (And I doubt we have 10 hardcore enough people to start challenging reds)

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    MisterGrokMisterGrok Registered User regular
    I think we have at least 10 people smart and awake enough to make short work of Greens, though.

GamerTag: aintnodancer
  • Options
    I usually get a Green raid done on Wednesday afternoon. Takes 1-2 hours depending on how with it the group it. You get a bunch of AFKers and the process is arduous.

• Options
    BobbleBobble Registered User regular
    captaink wrote: »
    It is buried in a tooltip if you scroll way down your character stat screen, I think. But no, not very prominent at all.

No kidding. I think I had at least one character at 60 and another I'd kinda left alone in the 50s before I found out about that. It's a huge deal too.

I'd be curious to run the green raid once in a while but I'm not sure I can commit to a regular time. Any way to tell if my level 60 is reasonably geared/ready for a raid?

• Options
    Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular
    That tooltip, and visiting streamers, helped my MH experience. It meant that I could level everything up to 30 and get something out of it, after those first 4 60s. And with the xp buff the way it is I have been taking a few of the 50s I have up to 60 for the easy 50-60 fun times.

Incidentally, I just finished Jean to 60 last night. She has 14 Energy right now and will have more once her lego rod maxes out. If she is anything she is one of the strongest terminal/sim/xdefense players I have played. And she has pretty minimal life on hit at this time. Some good life regen but life on hit for her would be 300-500 at most. Her AoE is stronk.

• Options
    DirtyboyDirtyboy Registered User regular
    Omega event will end 6am Friday (Doomsaw says will not end earlier than that).

• Options
    So. Testing my solo ttk on my main Ms Marvel and it is horrendous. Over a minute. But I'm not sure why. I have 4 artifacts that synergize with my main boss killer, a level 5 gungnir. Like 4 ranks in spintech. Full level 60 gear(though the dr on my slot one seems low. But even alone the dps test dummy takes forever, even using my Signature. Part of it is the inability to find a good level 60 costume core.

• Options
    AnteCantelopeAnteCantelope Registered User regular
    My Silver Surfer was geared out as a boss killer, and got under 7 seconds on the old boss dummy. I just tried him for the first time post-nerf, and he took 4:50 on the raid dummy. So now a well-geared SS is a) horribly low dps, b) has no survivability, and c) can't move while attacking.

I really hate when a game's rules are changed. It's why I don't play early access or beta games, and one of the reasons I don't play MMOs. Now I'm levelling my Rogue, but I'm not sure it's worth putting too much effort into her given that she's surely going to be the next to be nerfed.

• Options
    Dirtyboy wrote: »
    When did it start? I thought the max Omega files you could earn was 100 daily, and Coulson's teamup is 2,000?

I must be missing something. I should look into how the dailies actually work in this game. Is it possible to farm the dailies for the event rewards when you have a couple of level 36 heroes, and some around 20?

ew9y0DD.png
  • Options
    LawndartLawndart Registered User regular
    When did it start? I thought the max Omega files you could earn was 100 daily, and Coulson's teamup is 2,000?

The Omega Week event is a recurring monthly event, and I believe the devs have said they don't expect anyone to be able to get enough Omega files for the Coulson team-up in one week.

• Options
    Toxic PickleToxic Pickle Thash grape! Registered User regular

Optic Barrage with good attack speed and crit does fine for me.

Here is the best way to play Cyclops:

1) Buy Rogue
    2) Find a sucker still playing Cyclops and use a steal power on him
    3) You now have the only Cyclops power worth using on an awesome character who can do so much more.
    4) Now you have no reason to ever choose Cyclops again until his 52.

somethingsomething PROFIT!

• Options
    Lawndart wrote: »

The Omega Week event is a recurring monthly event, and I believe the devs have said they don't expect anyone to be able to get enough Omega files for the Coulson team-up in one week.
    Aaaah! I'll save up in that case! I'm assuming it's 100 daily files per account, not per character? I can farm Legendary/shared/holosims really easily with my Black Widow, so.

ew9y0DD.png
This discussion has been closed.