As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[SWTOR] Outfit designer is out now. Playable Togruta coming on 3.3, late July.

• Options
    MyDcmbrMyDcmbr PEWPEWPEW!!! America's WangRegistered User regular
    Alright. Got my Sage and Sniper both to 50... and they just started Voss. XD

Now I can finally calm down and stop playing all the time.

Steam
    So we get stiff once in a while. So we have a little fun. What’s wrong with that? This is a free country, isn’t it? I can take my panda any place I want to. And if I wanna buy it a drink, that’s my business.
  • Options
    StrikorStrikor Calibrations? Calibrations! Registered User regular
    I got mine, thanks to Arlington. It's open season.

• Options
    ShadowenShadowen Snores in the morning LoserdomRegistered User regular
    jdarksun wrote: »
    You guys can refer each other, you know.

Kinky.

• Options
    emp123emp123 Registered User regular
    I have referrals too if anyone needs one.

• Options
    DivideByZeroDivideByZero Social Justice Blackguard Registered User regular
    Shadowen wrote: »
    jdarksun wrote: »
    You guys can refer each other, you know.

Kinky.

No! No, don't cross the streams!

First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKERS
  • Options
    I found a good use for the Kingpin's Assault Cannon, which looks cool but a little too finicky to be a proper weapon for my Gunnery Commando.

I made a Combat Medic Commando. Now that's a medigun.

• Options
    Oh hey, patch notes!
    http://www.swtor.com/patchnotes/1212014/game-update-3.0-shadow-revan-early-access
    And I was wrong about that thing I said once!
    Players can now send 6 Companions on Crafting Missions at level 56 (up from 5).

• Options
    VeagleVeagle Registered User regular
    Single player modes for flashpoints!

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    OrcaOrca Also known as Espressosaurus WrexRegistered User regular
    Strikor wrote: »
    Oh hey, patch notes!
    http://www.swtor.com/patchnotes/1212014/game-update-3.0-shadow-revan-early-access
    And I was wrong about that thing I said once!
    Players can now send 6 Companions on Crafting Missions at level 56 (up from 5).

Interesting. Looks like the ops are getting a bit of a reset; only 2 top-level ops now.

• Options
    I wouldn't be surprised if they boost DF and DP at some point, similar to how TFB and SNV are now.

• Options
    Nah they'll probably release Nightmares for these two in a couple months, then two more new ops further down the line.

• Options
    edited December 2014
    Well, that's it. When we start playing again it'll be 3.0.

It's weird, I'm feeling oddly contemplative. I think this is the first MMO where I was active in the game at the moment when it switched to a new version. I played TOR before Rise, and then I left it alone for a couple months, and when I came back Rise had been implemented. I played Cata and Mists in WoW, but I stopped playing for about a year before Mists came out. Even Champions Online, which was my premiere timekiller (you can resize the window and I had a large monitor; I was able to grind easy repeatable missions for the store funbux on my max-level characters while watching internet videos), I took a long time away from between the big shift between Free For All and On Alert. So this is gonna be new. I go to bed having played one game, and get up to (download and) play a somewhat new one.

Total damage, as it were, from the 12x buff:

Juggernaut 1-55 (as I already have a 55 Jugg, done almost entirely for DS Jaesa w/romance. Luckily, the Vengeance tree became my favorite Jugg/Guardian tree, so I finished it off anyway)
    Marauder 30-55 (Carnage + maximum DS + Quinn romance)
    Sniper 1-55 (Engineering + unshakable patriot + Vector romance)
    Operative 30-55 (Concealment + alien w/Watcher Two romance)
    Mercenary 30-55 (Pyrotech + become Mandalorian + Mako romance)
    Vanguard 20-55 (Tactics + DS + Jaxo romance)
    Sage 23-55 (Telekinetics + Nadia)
    Guardian 27-55 (Watchman + Doc)
    Scoundrel 1-55 (Dirty Fighting + greed DS + cad + Risha. I was particularly proud of this one, because in one day I went from 20 at the start of Taris to 40 by the end of Balmorra.)
    Commando 1-43 (Combat Medic + Jorgan; abandoned after completing Jorgan romance because time was running out, for...)
    Vanguard 1-41 (Assault + Dorne; didn't quite make it to chapter 3, so I'm still missing the end)
    Time I won't get back: ???

Shadowen on
  • Options
    Commodore75Commodore75 gothenburg.seRegistered User regular
    Before turning off the game and going to sleep this morning I finally managed to get my sniper to 55, which ment I had one of each advanced class at level 55 on my main server.

PSA: The patch is now available for download.
    It seems some people are having problem getting in, but I got in on my first try. 3+GB downloaded. Just waiting for the servers to come back online.

It seems there are a lot of great 'small' fixes/changes. Really looking forward to playing this.

• Options
    IT'S HEEEEEEEERE

• Options
    Also, I hope you're not broke cause they just removed a bunch of skills (like Charged Bolts) and put them back on your trainer so you have to buy them again.

• Options
    NocrenNocren Lt Futz, Back in Action North CarolinaRegistered User regular
    Luckily it wasn't like you had anything to spend credits on during 12x boosting.

newSig.jpg
  • Options
    kmzkmz Registered User regular
    Veagle wrote: »

Just the Forged Alliances ones, I think.

Damn, I think the servers actually came up early. Maybe I should have taken the day off from work after all...

• Options
    AspectVoidAspectVoid Registered User regular
    kmz wrote: »
    Veagle wrote: »

Just the Forged Alliances ones, I think.

Damn, I think the servers actually came up early. Maybe I should have taken the day off from work after all...

I'll be going home at lunch so I can fire off the client to patch so that I'm ready to play when I get off work tonight. I'm quite interested in seeing the changes. I'll be on Shadowlands tonight as Calis, my Jedi Guardian if anyone is interested.

PSN|AspectVoid
  • Options
    Also when those patch notes said "We increased the cooldowns of all interrupts" what they really meant was doubled. Oh but here's a heroic utility to reduce it by three seconds! Don't you feel better?

• Options
    The second quest you get on Rishi has you run around looking for Corellian run Scoundrels. I circle the entire city three times, finding no trace of them. Which is crazy since I passed dozens of them on the way in. Where the fuck did they go?

Oh, they went nowhere. The game just turns off their nameplates when you get the quest to find them. :mad:

• Options
    NocrenNocren Lt Futz, Back in Action North CarolinaRegistered User regular
    I get a bug like that all the time when I switch instances. Life bars/titles show up for random guys except for the one I'm targeting.

newSig.jpg
  • Options
    NEO|PhyteNEO|Phyte They follow the stars, bound together. Strands in a braid till the end.Registered User regular
    edited December 2014
    Man, nothing like that fat stack of comms you get from the prelude mission. Then it's off to the new planet to bury yourself in a pile of comm mods.
    :edit: I don't even know why they have a set of basic gear vendors there, the planet comm mod vendor's stuff blows it out of the water.

NEO|Phyte on
    It was that somehow, from within the derelict-horror, they had learned a way to see inside an ugly, broken thing... And take away its pain.
    Warframe/Steam: NFyt
  • Options
    A word of warning if you elect to do the final Revan quest in solo mode as opposed to Operation mode:

If the final fight bugs out, and you're locked out of the room, do NOT reset the quest.

You will have to do all the dailies over again (the next day) as well as kill all the named, five-minute-respawn-hope-you-like-piles-of-scoundrels-camping-this-quest-mob NPCs all over again. Because for some asinine reason they made one of the most complex and buggy boss fights in the game take place at the end of a laborious mission instead of its own separate mission.

so much rage right now

• Options
    EnclaveofGnomesEnclaveofGnomes Registered User regular
    So this is even shorter then makeb?

That's impressive in a sad way.

• Options
    OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    Does anyone know if it's better to spend Basics on the new gear at the endgame Fleet vendors or on the mods the new Lv55 Mods vendor sells?

• Options
    edited December 2014
    If you mean the stuff that's specifically noted as Basic gear vs. the Rishi Equipment vendor...the "Basic Level - 55" gear is rated 162. The Rishi basic mods are rated 172. If you have an orange shell (and if you don't by now what the hell are you doing), it's 14-18 comms to fill it with mods, as opposed to 40-80 comms to buy the items.

So: the Rishi mods are better gear for fewer commendations, unless you absolutely must have the shell.

Shadowen on
  • Options
    I'm only lvl 57, and the game is asking me if I want to do the op as ... an operation, or if I want to solo it.
    Is it even possible to do it as an op at level 57?

• Options
    So this is even shorter then makeb?

That's impressive in a sad way.

If you did all four Forged Alliances flashpoints when they came out months ago, there is not even enough XP in the quests to get you to 60.

I didn't use an XP boost and I didn't even make it to 59.

The zones are really tiny and Yavin has literally no side quests until you get to the very very end and six dailies open up.

There's a heroic area with a world boss, but as far as I can tell, no actual heroic daily. :rotate:

• Options
    I still like Yavin and Rishi more than Makeb. A lot more.

• Options
    edited December 2014
    Haven't finished my initial run through Rishi yet--install took longer than I expected, among other issues--but I found myself humming the Monkey Island theme partway through.

Also, I am willing to forgive a lot in regards to lenth just because they included at least one class-only mission for each class (and which at least for some classes actually does some follow-up on events from their class story). Maybe that was in the ads and stuff and I just didn't notice, but it completely blindsided me, in a good way.

Shadowen on
  • Options
    I can say that although Rishi and Makeb feel really small, they look incredible. It's nice to get out in the sun after a year and a half on CZ-198 and Oricon. The Rishii are an interesting race and I wish you could actually speak to more than two of them; already people in my guild want them as a playable race. The pirate stuff is a bit on the nose but the environment on Rishi makes up for it. Just the part in the crashed ship with the jungle encroaching on the interior is worth it.

Yavin 4 feels hells like Yavin 4 should. I love that the space station from KOTOR is still visible on the way in even if you can't get there (probably just empty except the desiccated corpse of a Trandoshan arms dealer anyway). The temples and jungle are just iconic as hell, especially the base camp up on the cliff where you can see off over the jungle canopy to the temples beyond. I jut wish you could actually get inside those temples to explore beyond the one room in the tiny sub-temple you do that one mission in. I guess the raid will feature one heavily but I still want to poke around more.

• Options
    Revan has now bugged out six times in a row. And he bugs out in a way that automatically kills you, by CCing all the friendly NPCs, but not giving you the means to free them, nor pausing his relentless stun-locking so he's guaranteed to wreck your face in ten seconds or less.

50,000+ in repair bills later:

Fuck this noise.

This guy is more consistently bugged than Soa 1.0

• Options
    I had him bug out the first two times (as most seem to), and then not cc anyone in the 3rd fight.
    Then when I replayed it, it worked as intended.

Not sure how they manage to launch with (non-optional) fight that is this broken. Maybe they thought they had fixed it since it can work once ppl re-try it?

• Options
    OMG

There is so much stuff to do. I finished Ilum, the non-group part, last night. Where do I go now? I started Makeb, but theres Dailies, and a bunch of other stuff and no real direction on where to go.

Steam
    So we get stiff once in a while. So we have a little fun. What’s wrong with that? This is a free country, isn’t it? I can take my panda any place I want to. And if I wanna buy it a drink, that’s my business.
  • Options
    I had him bug out the first two times (as most seem to), and then not cc anyone in the 3rd fight.

Not sure how they manage to launch with (non-optional) fight that is this broken. Maybe they thought they had fixed it since it can work once ppl re-try it?

Their beta test for this expansion was closed. There was no PTS. Either that or they're just horribly sloppy. I can't wait to see what wondrous bugs await us in the new ops!

• Options
    So, spoilers for Shadows of Revan.
    He's a revanant.

I can't decide whether to laugh or cry.

• Options
    edited December 2014
    MyDcmbr wrote: »
    OMG

There is so much stuff to do. I finished Ilum, the non-group part, last night. Where do I go now? I started Makeb, but theres Dailies, and a bunch of other stuff and no real direction on where to go.

(Yes, I know you said you did part of Ilum, making this a general sugestions list :))

I'd say
    1) finish Act 3 of your class story
    2) go to Ilum and do that story arc until you get to the Flash Points
    (3) do Makeb until you reach level 53 (remember to get bolstered if you want Makeb to go faster)
    4) solo the Ilum Flash Points (they don't have a Solo Mode, but should be solo:able by level 53)
    (5) continue Makeb until you reach level 55
    6) as soon as you hit lvl 55, go to your ship and find the (new) mission terminal for Shadow of Revan, and pick up that story arc
    7) Finish the Forged Alliance story
    8) When the SoR mission terminal on your ship sends you to Rishi ... Enjoy! :)

You can do some Makeb once you hit lvl 47 for some quick leveling (remember to use the Makeb bolstering), but the opening cinematic (as well as some conversations on Makeb) will spoil the end of your Class Story (Act III) as well as some of what happens on Ilum, that's why I put Makeb after Ilum.

[edit] Addendum,
    I forgot all about Oricon. You should probably add that to your list.
    5.5) (lvl 52-54) Go to fleet and find the person that gets you started on the Oricon quest line.

Commodore75 on
  • Options

Their beta test for this expansion was closed. There was no PTS. Either that or they're just horribly sloppy.

I know, I know. But seeing as it seems more ppl than not are having problem with The Evil Within ... how did no one catch that? Did everyone get instaleveled to 60 and never do the Yavin story?
    I can't wait to see what wondrous bugs await us in the new ops!

:(
    I just want to face-roll some SM ops, and then get into some mechanics-rich HM ops ... not fight bugs while waiting for patches.

• Options
    MyDcmbr wrote: »
    OMG

(Yes, I know you said you did part of Ilum, making this a general sugestions list :))

I'd say
    1) finish Act 3 of your class story
    2) go to Ilum and do that story arc until you get to the Flash Points
    (3) do Makeb until you reach level 53 (remember to get bolstered if you want Makeb to go faster)
    4) solo the Ilum Flash Points (they don't have a Solo Mode, but should be solo:able by level 53)
    (5) continue Makeb until you reach level 55
    6) as soon as you hit lvl 55, go to your ship and find the (new) mission terminal for Shadow of Revan, and pick up that story arc
    7) Finish the Forged Alliance story
    8) When the SoR mission terminal on your ship sends you to Rishi ... Enjoy! :)

You can do some Makeb once you hit lvl 47 for some quick leveling (remember to use the Makeb bolstering), but the opening cinematic (as well as some conversations on Makeb) will spoil the end of your Class Story (Act III) as well as some of what happens on Ilum, that's why I put Makeb after Ilum.

But I'm already level 55. :O

Does that mean my Sniper can solo the Ilum flashpoints?

Steam