As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[SWTOR] Outfit designer is out now. Playable Togruta coming on 3.3, late July.

• Options
    Jesus McChristJesus McChrist Registered User regular
    The Rakata HM Bonus Boss is a stupid huge damage sponge. Commander Rand who you fight immediately after has a third of the HP. A third.

if you can read this i hope you have a good day partner
  • Options
    Commodore75Commodore75 gothenburg.seRegistered User regular
    edited December 2014
    MyDcmbr wrote: »
    OMG

There is so much stuff to do. I finished Ilum, the non-group part, last night. Where do I go now? I started Makeb, but theres Dailies, and a bunch of other stuff and no real direction on where to go.

(Yes, I know you said you did part of Ilum, making this a general sugestions list :))

I'd say
    1) finish Act 3 of your class story
    2) go to Ilum and do that story arc until you get to the Flash Points
    (3) do Makeb until you reach level 53 (remember to get bolstered if you want Makeb to go faster)
    4) solo the Ilum Flash Points (they don't have a Solo Mode, but should be solo:able by level 53)
    (5) continue Makeb until you reach level 55
    6) as soon as you hit lvl 55, go to your ship and find the (new) mission terminal for Shadow of Revan, and pick up that story arc
    7) Finish the Forged Alliance story
    8) When the SoR mission terminal on your ship sends you to Rishi ... Enjoy! :)

You can do some Makeb once you hit lvl 47 for some quick leveling (remember to use the Makeb bolstering), but the opening cinematic (as well as some conversations on Makeb) will spoil the end of your Class Story (Act III) as well as some of what happens on Ilum, that's why I put Makeb after Ilum.

But I'm already level 55. :O

Does that mean my Sniper can solo the Ilum flashpoints?

The Story Mode ones? Yeah, but bring gear and a companion.

Commodore75 on
  • Options
    My biggest complaint with the Discipline system is how it seems to be made for dua/triple spec ... yet doesn't remember how you prefer to configure, for example, your tank if you respec to dps.
    Yeah it's just a couple of clicks, but still ...

• Options
    emp123emp123 Registered User regular
    Do you have to rebuy skills every time you respec? I hopped on for a couple minutes the other day and forgot to check.

Also, I'm pretty upset with myself for not hitting 50 on my trooper (has been sitting at 49 since before the 12x xp) since I wasted a bunch of coms; I knew it was going to happen and yet I didnt try to hit 50....

• Options
    EnclaveofGnomesEnclaveofGnomes Registered User regular
    edited December 2014
    Incredibly slow respawn one tag mob quests...quests opening for areas after the main quest has moved on and being one sentence of va with no input from my character.

This is not leaving much of an impression.

EnclaveofGnomes on
  • Options
    DivideByZeroDivideByZero Social Justice Blackguard Registered User regular
    edited December 2014
    Finally managed to beat Revan despite the bugs. Here's what worked for me and a few others in guild:

-When he bugs out (CCs the NPCs but doesn't shield himself) just let him kill you
    -Wait for him to kill all the NPCs and reset the fight
    -Rez in place (med probe)
    -Try again

This prevents you from having to reset the phase, and seems to help him bug out in a *good* way. He's supposed to do his scripted CC/puzzle phase at 65% and 35% but sometimes skips it. If you can get him below the 60% and 30% thresholds, consider that phase skipped. Rezzing inside seems like it might help him skip it. If he skips both CC phases, you're golden, just interrupt Dark Growth.

I had to rez twice the first time I tried this, but only twice. Killed him on the third try.

DivideByZero on
    First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKERS
  • Options
    How did it go when you re-did the the fight? (Can only be done once per week. For the [Weekly].)

• Options
    kmzkmz Registered User regular
    emp123 wrote: »
    Do you have to rebuy skills every time you respec? I hopped on for a couple minutes the other day and forgot to check.

Tree abilities have never had to be bought with credits.

• Options
    Why does upload have a skill upgrade after you've bought blazing bolts... ?

• Options
    Because blazing bolts is the Unload replacement for Arsenal discipline only.

• Options
    How did it go when you re-did the the fight? (Can only be done once per week. For the [Weekly].)

Haven't tried the weekly yet. Will report if it works.

• Options
    Because blazing bolts is the Unload replacement for Arsenal discipline only.

Ahhh that makes sense. Well, sorta.

• Options
    kmz wrote: »
    emp123 wrote: »

Tree abilities have never had to be bought with credits.

Ah good, I specd heals and noticed I needed to buy supercharged cells.

My initial reaction is that they haven't done anything to improve skill bloat. That was quickly followed by a groan as now I fear having to relearn how to play my classes.

• Options
    kmzkmz Registered User regular
    Oh yeah, there's a one-time thing with 3.0 where some old abilities have had to be rebought. I think supercharged cells is because that's now a general ability, not just for heals, so it's not really part of any tree/discipline.

I know there's been some controversy with the rebuying skills thing, and just now much it's costing to train skills in general.

• Options
    Yeah

Yeah ain't that nice of them

Making us pay again train up skills we'd already bought in the past, but only on some classes! Commandos and Sages needed to re-buy Charged Bolts and Force Lift, but Mercs and Sorcs didn't need to re-buy Power Shot or Whirlwind.

To top it off the training costs going from 55-60 are somewhere around 1.1, 1.2 million. Level 60 was 600k by itself.

Now that everybody has (rightfully) torn their heads off about it, they're making skills free. Next week. And not compensating all of us with early access who pissed away millions.

Real humanitarians.

• Options
    ShadowenShadowen Snores in the morning LoserdomRegistered User regular
    Yeah

Yeah ain't that nice of them

Making us pay again train up skills we'd already bought in the past, but only on some classes! Commandos and Sages needed to re-buy Charged Bolts and Force Lift, but Mercs and Sorcs didn't need to re-buy Power Shot or Whirlwind.

To top it off the training costs going from 55-60 are somewhere around 1.1, 1.2 million. Level 60 was 600k by itself.

Now that everybody has (rightfully) torn their heads off about it, they're making skills free. Next week. And not compensating all of us with early access who pissed away millions.

Real humanitarians.

Yeah, not exactly feeling the gratitude for this. Sure, it's nice, but early access has turned out to be a week of beta testing that the testers have to pay for, both in and out of game. (Full disclosure: I haven't encountered any game-breaking bugs myself, but oh the stories.)

• Options
    CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular
    As someone who has been too busy playing DAI to play much of the new content...

yay, credit sink gone!

"If you divide the whole world into just enemies and friends, you'll end up destroying everything" --Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    So much for my run of good luck with avoiding bugs. Hit the Revan fight bug, but remembered DBZ's workaround...on my tenth attempt.

Shadowen on
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    The new talent system and solo flashpoints are the only good impressions so far.

Can't for the life of me find the rep vendor on rishi...is it on the fleet somewhere.

He was right in front of my face this whole time, relying a bit to much on the map/minimap it seems his icon was buried under a bunch of others.

EnclaveofGnomes on
  • Options
    MyDcmbrMyDcmbr PEWPEWPEW!!! America's WangRegistered User regular
    OMG

There is so much stuff to do. I finished Ilum, the non-group part, last night. Where do I go now? I started Makeb, but theres Dailies, and a bunch of other stuff and no real direction on where to go.

(Yes, I know you said you did part of Ilum, making this a general sugestions list :))

I'd say
    1) finish Act 3 of your class story
    2) go to Ilum and do that story arc until you get to the Flash Points
    (3) do Makeb until you reach level 53 (remember to get bolstered if you want Makeb to go faster)
    4) solo the Ilum Flash Points (they don't have a Solo Mode, but should be solo:able by level 53)
    (5) continue Makeb until you reach level 55
    6) as soon as you hit lvl 55, go to your ship and find the (new) mission terminal for Shadow of Revan, and pick up that story arc
    7) Finish the Forged Alliance story
    8) When the SoR mission terminal on your ship sends you to Rishi ... Enjoy! :)

You can do some Makeb once you hit lvl 47 for some quick leveling (remember to use the Makeb bolstering), but the opening cinematic (as well as some conversations on Makeb) will spoil the end of your Class Story (Act III) as well as some of what happens on Ilum, that's why I put Makeb after Ilum.

But I'm already level 55. :O

Does that mean my Sniper can solo the Ilum flashpoints?

The Story Mode ones? Yeah, but bring gear and a companion.

Well I can't solo them. The 2nd boss in The Battle of Ilum, kicked my ass. And I am too high level for group finder. :(

Steam
    So we get stiff once in a while. So we have a little fun. What’s wrong with that? This is a free country, isn’t it? I can take my panda any place I want to. And if I wanna buy it a drink, that’s my business.
  • Options
    CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular
    I was really hoping the new legacy gear for the expansion would be new and pretty.

But nope. same old chest and legs pieces, repainted.

Damnit.

"If you divide the whole world into just enemies and friends, you'll end up destroying everything" --Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind
  • Options
    NEO|PhyteNEO|Phyte They follow the stars, bound together. Strands in a braid till the end.Registered User regular
    Cambiata wrote: »
    I was really hoping the new legacy gear for the expansion would be new and pretty.

Damnit.

Have they made an adaptive version of the Colossus trooper helmet yet? It is the best helmet, but all I ever see on the GTN is dumb bucket helmets and technological terrors with more moving parts than my BT-7 Thunderclap

It was that somehow, from within the derelict-horror, they had learned a way to see inside an ugly, broken thing... And take away its pain.
    Warframe/Steam: NFyt
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    Welp, Shadowlands went down for about an hour this afternoon and ever since it came back up there's been a solid 4-10 second delay in every click on Yavin, Rishi, the FA tacticals... basically everywhere. It's impossible to actually do anything except cycle between my crafters in their strongholds. For a while there Yavin had ONE instance open with 80+ players and it was completely unplayable.

edit: I loaded in to the Korriban FP and it was completely deserted. No allied or enemy NPCs whatsoever.

So glad I paid for Early Access Open Beta.

DivideByZero on
  • Options

Damnit.

The trooper even got an old helmet model that has any hairstyle more voluminous than "bald" clip right through it.

• Options
    Dr. ChaosDr. Chaos Post nuclear nuisance Registered User regular
    edited December 2014
    That 12xp bonus sounds very nice for solo play. Should make that a paid side offer thing going forward.

Would certainly get me to come back and finish off a lot of the class stories I never finished for a two or three months. Which is probably the only reason I would ever come back.

Had a lot of fun memories of the Inquisitor and Bounty Hunter storyline, the general plot of each world and faction not so much.

Dr. Chaos on
    Pokemon GO: 7113 6338 6875/ FF14: Buckle Landrunner /Steam Profile
  • Options
    Dr. Chaos wrote: »
    That 12xp bonus sounds very nice for solo play. Should make that a paid side offer thing going forward.

Would certainly get me to come back and finish off a lot of the class stories I never finished for a two or three months. Which is probably the only reason I would ever come back.

Had a lot of fun memories of the Inquisitor and Bounty Hunter storyline, the general plot of each world and faction not so much.

No more 12xp bonus I'm afraid, Shadow of Revan is online now.

• Options
    CorehealerCorehealer The Apothecary The softer edge of the universe.Registered User regular
    Dr. Chaos wrote: »

No more 12xp bonus I'm afraid, Shadow of Revan is online now.

We should tell them to put it back on, if only at certain times. It was a big motivator for me to continue playing what content I did still intend to see or revisit and now I'm wary of continuing.

488W936.png
  • Options
    NocrenNocren Lt Futz, Back in Action North CarolinaRegistered User regular
    I kinda like the idea of like a stackable permanent 1.75% xp gain as a class reward for completing chapter 3.

Granted, that'll put you at 14% if all 8 stories are finished.

Problem with that idea is that it would be server based and not account based.

newSig.jpg
  • Options
    OrcaOrca Also known as Espressosaurus WrexRegistered User regular
    edited December 2014
    Nocren wrote: »
    I kinda like the idea of like a stackable permanent 1.75% xp gain as a class reward for completing chapter 3.

That's one hundred times less than what we had with the prelude to Shadow of Revan.

Too little to make me care, certainly.

Orca on
  • Options
    AspectVoidAspectVoid Registered User regular
    Orca wrote: »

That's one hundred times less than what we had with the prelude to Shadow of Revan.

Too little to make me care, certainly.

Agreed. Though I think the idea would work if it was 100% XP bonus for each completed class story. It leaves it less then the pre-Revan bonus, but it's still more than enough to entice people to play multiple characters.

PSN|AspectVoid
  • Options
    MyDcmbrMyDcmbr PEWPEWPEW!!! America's WangRegistered User regular
    So... how many of you are on Shadowlands with a Imp character above lvl 50? I really really want to get Ilum done as well as the Macrobinoculars final mission, oh and the Seeker one which is also on Ilum. :)

Steam
    So we get stiff once in a while. So we have a little fun. What’s wrong with that? This is a free country, isn’t it? I can take my panda any place I want to. And if I wanna buy it a drink, that’s my business.
  • Options
    OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    I've got two Lv55 Imps on Shadowlands and can help. Just send me a buzz here if you need help with Ilum. Haven't gotten far in the Macro/Seeker questlines though.

• Options
    jdarksunjdarksun Struggler VARegistered User regular
    So... how many of you are on Shadowlands with a Imp character above lvl 50? I really really want to get Ilum done as well as the Macrobinoculars final mission, oh and the Seeker one which is also on Ilum. :)
    I have a few 50s (Warrior, Inquisitor, Agent) on Shadowlands.

• Options
    NocrenNocren Lt Futz, Back in Action North CarolinaRegistered User regular
    Shit... I ment a multipler instead of a percentage.

My bad. Shouldn't post at 4am without sleep.

newSig.jpg
  • Options
    OrcaOrca Also known as Espressosaurus WrexRegistered User regular
    Shit... I ment a multipler instead of a percentage.

My bad. Shouldn't post at 4am without sleep.

Ah! That makes a lot more sense, and is something I wouldn't mind seeing either as a baseline. Heck, maybe even grant it after your first one or two plays through.

Certainly after my first two characters (1 repub, 1 imp), I was ready to start skipping the trash quests unless I particularly felt like running them (which did happen on occasion).

• Options
    edited December 2014
    I think what pisses me off the most about the skill training cost fiasco is the principle of the thing. None of my characters went broke, I could afford the millions of credits I sunk into retraining 13 level 55 alts and getting several of them to 60 so far. But I can't help but feel a bit shat upon by essentially participating in an unwilling focus group at my own expense, just like all the Early Access preorder players.

I was shocked and confused when I logged in and discovered I had to re-train abilities my characters had already trained dozens of times up to that point. Sure some of those skills had previously been part of the talent trees, but almost every character also lost skills he had paid for already as they were rolled up and reassigned around the new disciplines. So I understand my Scrapper Scoundrel having to buy Slow-Release Medpack now, but it's not like he was refunded all the credits he spent on Underworld Medicine, Kolto Pack, and Flyby, which he can no longer use. So that stings. There was also the issue with Republic classes having to re-train skills while their Imperial mirrors did not.

But Musco gets on the forums and announces, "This is all working as intended guys, it's not bugged, you're supposed to train/retrain skills, and we have no plans to change that." So I bit the bullet and bought the damn skills. I leveled to 60. Experienced quite a bit of sticker shock when I got there. 600,000 for one level's worth of skills? The fuck is this now? That's almost double the credit cap for a Preferred player. But skill training is WAI, no plans to change it, so I paid it.

Then, less than 48 hours later, Musco is back on the forums announcing "Free skills for everyone!... next week. (No refunds)" and that's about where the hate-train pulls in to my station. They'd been "talking about it internally for quite some time" and it was likely the player feedback (read: vehement complaints) that pushed them into pulling the trigger on this change. Meaning this decision could not possibly have been made the previous week? Fine, whatever. But to announce a change that significant during Early Access and not implement it until Early Access is over, and not make any effort to compensate all the players who preordered for Early Access, who were adversely affected by these ridiculous skill costs (1.2million to go from 55-60) and whose feedback was instrumental in prompting that change...

I'm loathe to use the term "slap in the face" because holy shit is it ever overused in every complaint thread on every forum everywhere. But I feel pretty disrespected. I preordered for Early Access, but I feel like what I got was Open Beta. There are incredible, showstopping bugs everywhere: the meat tree, the flagship boss fight against their most iconic character, the Accuracy formula, bugged flashpoint bosses, ops not dropping loot, quest reward boxes not containing gear. I don't know how it was on other servers but Shadowlands was literally unplayable this entire weekend because of insane 5-10 second lag on every interaction in all the new zones and the FA flashpoints.

And to top it all off, the skill training fiasco. Early Access got to pay through the nose, kick up a shitstorm, and finally after two years got Bioware to undo that massive, unnecessary credit sink. Our irate feedback led directly to a change that will save the rest of the playerbase untold amounts of credits in the future. But whereas everyone who didn't preorder gets to benefit from it, those of us who did preorder get shafted because we had days and days of "this is working as intended, no changes forthcoming" until they abruptly and without warning switched gears and made a massive change. We dumped millions of credits into the fire so everyone else could benefit. Early Access is supposed to be a reward, but it feels like a punishment. An early adopter tax.

I highly doubt I'll be preordering another expansion for this game again. Let somebody else beta-test their shit and get screwed out of millions of credits or whatever it'll be next time.

DivideByZero on
  • Options
    AspectVoidAspectVoid Registered User regular
    Sucks for you, @DivideByZero‌ but it cost me about 6000 credits because I bought the first rank of one skill that I use on rare occasions, looked at the rest of the costs and said "Ha! I'm not paying that for skills when there are new shells to buy on the Auction House!" and went on to play the expansion. I had absolutely no problems getting all the way to the Revan Op while not buying any skills what so ever. And then they announced they were going to drop the credit cost from skills, so I said "Eh, I can wait a couple of days before doing the Revan Op so I get all my skills for free before running it."

So, yeah, its a shitty situation for you, but don't think it affects everyone. I did the exact same thing in the original campaign as well. There always hit a point where the cost to increase a skill was more than the skill was worth in regards to affect, so I just didn't buy the upgrades. Outside of the final Jedi Knight boss (who was a bitch at launch), I never regretted that decision.

PSN|AspectVoid
  • Options
    The feeling of paying for an open beta. On top of the bafflign refusal to refund those that spent the ridiculous prices makes an already disappointing expansion...or whatever this is, that much worse.

I didn't buy the new ranks, just the new ability but it's still a stupid decision.

• Options
    The retraining thing is a major failure on their part, but I'm personally more upset about their desire to reduce skill bloat but somehow increased the number of skills I have on my bars (trooper anyway).

I've yet to actually see any of the expansion content so early access was kind of a waste for me anyway, he that's more a result of my personal situation than it is Bioware's fault. Maybe they'll have their shit together by the time I get there.