As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Megaten/Persona Discussion] SMTxFE returns(without much SMT).

• Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    Well, yeah, you shouldn't reach out to Sega of America

That's not what the song tells you to do

• Options
    LoveIsUnityLoveIsUnity Registered User regular
    Hell yes. I will buy Nocturne again. I guess Capcom okayed it.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    PLAPLA The process.Registered User regular
    Ah, that's nice. Doesn't do much for my collection without Kuzunoha, Raithough.

• Options
    heenatoheenato Alice Leywind Registered User regular
    Well, which version of Nocturne is it? Do we know? Is it Dante or Raidou?

Probably Dante, but who knows.

M A G I K A Z A M
  • Options
    DehumanizedDehumanized Registered User regular
    heenato wrote: »
    Well, which version of Nocturne is it? Do we know? Is it Dante or Raidou?

Probably Dante, but who knows.

Very tail of the game description on SEN:

https://store.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/#!/en-us/games/shin-megami-tensei-nocturne/cid=UP9000-NPUD20911_00-0000000000000000

DANTE from Devil May Cry 2: © CAPCOM CO., LTD. 2003 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.

• Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    Yeah, Raidou would've been a miracle. Also would've required rom hacking probably.

This encapsulates SMTIV for me.

tumblr_n55v8oYoSg1rpsmato10_1280.jpg

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    Oniros25Oniros25 Registered User regular
    cj iwakura wrote: »
    Yeah, Raidou would've been a miracle. Also would've required rom hacking probably.

Is that from the art book/strategy guide? It seems uber familiar.

And yeah man, that's the atmosphere of that game in a nutshell. What an awesome game universe. I know everyone loves Nocturne, but I think SMT IV is my favorite. I like the main characters better.

Nintendo Network ID: Oniros
    3DS Friend Code: 1461-7489-3097
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    Oniros25 wrote: »

Is that from the art book/strategy guide? It seems uber familiar.

And yeah man, that's the atmosphere of that game in a nutshell. What an awesome game universe. I know everyone loves Nocturne, but I think SMT IV is my favorite. I like the main characters better.

SMTIV is great, fantastic even, but a world like that really deserved a console game, not a shoestring handheld budget.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    Just randomly looking around for live Persona music, I think this is actually one of the better ones I could find (writhing and interpretive dance aside):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n3Xrc61kv40

(your affection, to kill a puppy)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9MteopaNHlY

10 BABY BABY BABY
    20 Goto 10

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iVLhaPH0kjk

Best Persona song

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xJsdFPYkD2o

If you're hearing this song it's because you done fucked up and don't get a turn first. Which is a shame, because it's a nice alternative to hearing...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dT_-pD87Hz0

...this for about 100 hours straight.

...and then another 100 hours because even humming Duck Tales can't get it the hell out of your head.

It's a really cool stage setup, too. And I play on Nord keyboards as well. :-}

• Options
    edited May 2014
    They haven't yet topped the performance of Heaven at the first Velvet Room Live @‌Akasaka Blitz. It had a saxophone intro.
    (Which seems to have been taken off of youtube...)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zNlQWb_0ng4

Close enough!

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    LoveIsUnityLoveIsUnity Registered User regular
    They haven't yet topped the performance of Heaven at the first Velvet Room Live @‌Akasaka Blitz. It had a saxophone intro.
    (Which seems to have been taken off of youtube...)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zNlQWb_0ng4

Close enough!

I have a recording from that first Velvet Room Live show. So good.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    StormwatcherStormwatcher Blegh BlughRegistered User regular
    I think you're my favorite person in the world right now.

Steam: Stormwatcher | PSN: Stormwatcher33 | Switch: 5961-4777-3491
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    Oniros25Oniros25 Registered User regular
    SMTIV is great, fantastic even, but a world like that really deserved a console game, not a shoestring handheld budget.

This I can agree with. I would dig a big, lush PS4 remake a few years down the line so long as they stay true to the concept art. It'll never happen of course, but I'll just be over here dreaming away about it all the same...

Nintendo Network ID: Oniros
    3DS Friend Code: 1461-7489-3097
  • Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    edited May 2014
    I have recordings of everything from @‌ Akasaka Blitz and @ Well City Tokyo. They were very different concerts and did different styles better. One was way more jazzy and the other was more prog.
    The fucking Russian 'Persona' music thing is the reason they were all originally taken down from Youtube.

vagrant_winds on
    // Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • Options
    Hey, remember that old memorycard-reader for PS3? I guess I could move Nocturne to PS3 if my PS2 breaks, or something.

• Options
    In "things you never thought you'd hear" news, I got home from work and plunked out some Persona on the ol' accordion.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8lXaN7NG6uU&list=UUzNFFiMmxKjpB7os5cNQ66g

Now be gentle with me. I play many instruments but the accordion is something I've only been messing around with for roughly a month now.

• Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    PLA wrote: »
    Hey, remember that old memorycard-reader for PS3? I guess I could move Nocturne to PS3 if my PS2 breaks, or something.

Yeah. I have one. Since I also have a BC-PS3. It's useful.

That said, I think the PSN-PS2 games don't use the normal virtual memory cards and have their own individual save things?

// Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • Options
    I've some accordion-family. Sounds fine.

PLA wrote: »

Yeah. I have one. Since I also have a BC-PS3. It's useful.

That said, I think the PSN-PS2 games don't use the normal virtual memory cards and have their own individual save things?

Oh? All I know is that PSN-PS uses the virtual cards.

• Options
    Gaming-FreakGaming-Freak Registered User regular

20 bucks down the drain, yaaaaaaay! Well, more like, 10 bucks down the drain since I would have bought it anyway, but still. Eh, at least I can avoid any potential bugs that come with the PSN port-over; lord knows a few of the PS2 games on PSN have serious issues as is.

Second Amala nearly kicked my ass in a very bad way. Got a random encounter in the invisible wall room that nearly wiped my party with Mabufudyne... I decided to play smart and put the special Pisaca in my party and Trafuri in case that shit ever happened again.

jagobannerpic.jpg
    XBL: GamingFreak5514
    PSN: GamingFreak1234
  • Options
    Invisible walls are annoying.

• Options
    SyphyreSyphyre A Dangerous Pastime Registered User regular
    I will so buy DDS 1 and 2 if they ever put it on PSN. I don't care that I have their game discs still.

• Options
    Just completed Second Kalpa, though I sadly couldn't find the fabled "cursed corridor". Have to go ahead and try to find it... seeing the cut-scene after Second Kalpa makes me realize... Hikawa is an excellent antagonist, provided you're not on his side near the end.

jagobannerpic.jpg
  • Options
    PSA: Nocturne PSN has glitches being reported. One person claimed the Conception crashed.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    PSA: Nocturne PSN has glitches being reported. One person claimed the Conception crashed.

CALLED IT. Anyway, now that I got through the Cursed Corridor of unlucky RNG, I got 250k macca, and I'm officially satisfied enough to continue the game to Kabukicho Prison. Should be a piece of cake now.

jagobannerpic.jpg
  • Options
    BRIAN BLESSEDBRIAN BLESSED Maybe you aren't SPEAKING LOUDLY ENOUGHHH Registered User regular
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y5NMJRI4C18

Probably my most favourite rendition of Heartful Cry
    Moar sax!

• Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular

Isn't that ironic.

The last thing the Conception should do is fail.

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    You know, I was worried about over-leveling and trail-blazing through the main-story at one point. Now when fighting the 4 Onis again, I'm starting to think I was wrong to be worried. Beat all the Onis except Ongyo-ki, the guy you can cheese at Full Kagutsuchi, but right after he fully buffs himself, he becomes a pain in the ass and does insane damage. But I want to out-damage him at the same time so I've been trying to get a higher-level demon like Koumoku with Dekaja to balance it out... problem is that trying to get dekaja passed down while simultaneously looking up which demons form which classes and whatnot... it just happens to be a FUCKING PAIN IN THE ASS.

Good lord this is gonna be even worse in a couple levels when I'm struggling to get a Daisojou with near perfect support skills

Gaming-Freak on
    jagobannerpic.jpg
  • Options
    BlackjackBlackjack Registered User regular
    My main strategy for most of the bosses in Nocturne was "drain all their MP (Daisoujou does this very easily) then laugh as they waste turns doing nothing."

camo_sig2.png

3DS: 1607-3034-6970
  • Options
    Actually, some of them will happily spend their last HP when they can't heal.

• Options
  • Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    Starting Golden...I always assumed the shop was named June's, or even just a plural form of the month. Hearing everyone call the greedy mega-store that's running all the local stores out of business 'Jewness' is unintentionally hilarious.

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    BursarBursar Hee Noooo! PDX areaRegistered User regular
    The store's name comes from the French word "jeunes," meaning "youth." Combine that with some creative spelling and you get "Junes." As in "Every day, young life, Junes."

And if you've heard the JP dub, it gets a little further messed up by being made into a three-syllable word as "Ju-ne-su", hence the tweaking of the store theme song in the NA version.

GNU Terry Pratchett
    PSN: Wstfgl | GamerTag: An Evil Plan | Battle.net: FallenIdle#1970
    Hit me up on BoardGameArena! User: Loaded D1
    Spoilered until images are unborked. egc6gp2emz1v.png
  • Options
    Heh.

tumblr_n56mo7Vb3R1r0v64ho1_500.png
    Tumblr wrote:
    Yes it is

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    BlackjackBlackjack Registered User regular
    edited May 2014
    Heh.

tumblr_n56mo7Vb3R1r0v64ho1_500.png
    Tumblr wrote:
    Yes it is
    You could take him out with a single Agidyne. Shit, at least cover your weakness if you're not going to invest in Magic!

(yes I get the joke leave me alone)

Blackjack on
    camo_sig2.png

3DS: 1607-3034-6970
  • Options
    I'm not sure I like the Persona 4 music as much as P3. It's alright, but not nearly as good so far. I still haven't gotten to the dungeon, but I'm not sure the battle music will beat out P3. I do love random English rapping in my Japanese games, though. P1 had some great examples.

I would really like to know the name of the artist/song where that's originally from. And why it keeps being reused.

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    Has anybody a Lv 255 Demi-Fiend with both Gaia Rage and Deadly Fury? Always meant to compare those skills properly, but level being an actual stat that your damage scales with drains enthusiasm.

• Options
    DehumanizedDehumanized Registered User regular
    edited May 2014
    Reynolds wrote: »
    I'm not sure I like the Persona 4 music as much as P3. It's alright, but not nearly as good so far. I still haven't gotten to the dungeon, but I'm not sure the battle music will beat out P3. I do love random English rapping in my Japanese games, though. P1 had some great examples.

I would really like to know the name of the artist/song where that's originally from. And why it keeps being reused.

http://gamesareevil.com/2013/02/song-day-audhumla-ar-tonelico/

According to this link, it originates from Rapsody by Masterbits*. The key to its use? It's available royalty-free if you buy the sample kit. I'm guessing that one of the games used it first (probably Bust-a-Groove) then it became somewhat of a meme to Japanese sound designers.

*Masterbits isn't an artist per se, more of a company that assembles and sells collections of samples for commercial use. Here's a bunch of samples of the sorts of things they offer

Dehumanized on
  • Options
    Wow, thanks! I found another board discussing the same sample, plus other similar ones. Apparently that song is in Street Fighter III and at least three more games.

http://hg101.proboards.com/thread/9456

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    Does the heavy version of Burn My Bread with the rapping ever actually play in Persona 3?

Oh brilliant
  • Options
    skyknytskyknyt Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Does the heavy version of Burn My Bread with the rapping ever actually play in Persona 3?
    It's the final final boss suite.

Tycho wrote:
    [skyknyt's writing] is like come kind of code that, when comprehended, unfolds into madness in the mind of the reader.
    PSN: skyknyt, Steam: skyknyt, Blizz: skyknyt#1160