As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Megaten/Persona Discussion] SMTxFE returns(without much SMT).

• Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    edited May 2014
    Does the heavy version of Burn My Bread with the rapping ever actually play in Persona 3?

P3__Burn_my_Bread_by_kathy_vicki.jpg

joshofalltrades on
  • Options
    ViskodViskod Registered User regular
    Playing through P4 Golden again. Yuri is around level 14-15, and just saved Yukiko. Is there a good early game fusion that I can use to get a decent Persona for him?

• Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    Does the heavy version of Burn My Bread with the rapping ever actually play in Persona 3?

P3__Burn_my_Bread_by_kathy_vicki.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PtmHuDQC8I8

// Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    I know the track, the typo (intentional or not) was funny though

• Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    Oh, I can actually go to dungeons now! Only about four hours in. Sheesh.

The dungeon and battle music is fine, but still not amazing. The music when you're right outside the castle is actually really good, though.

Controlling everyone does make it a lot easier, although it's kinda bullshit to put in monsters that aren't weak to one of the three elements you have right now. It's not like you have tons of Personas to choose from at the moment.

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    LoveIsUnityLoveIsUnity Registered User regular
    Persona 4 is stupid easy. You will be fine.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    BlackjackBlackjack Registered User regular
    It's not terribly hard to find something with Agi, and most of the enemies in the castle are either not weak to anything or to one or more of the main four elements.

Also, make sure you level up Slime and Ukobach. They will learn, respectively, Resist Physical and Resist Fire. Both of which are obviously really useful.

camo_sig2.png

3DS: 1607-3034-6970
  • Options
    P3 FES got frustrating because I'd blow through all my MP knocking everyone down, because I couldn't trust the rest of the party to do anything. This already seems easier, I just don't like when they have a weakness system set up and then throw guys at you that you can't use it on. There's already a monster that's neutral to all the elements and resists physical. In the first dungeon. Why?

Let's just hope this doesn't take more than 35-40 hours to begin to get interesting, I don't think I can go through that again. I think I had four characters left to unlock by that point in P3.

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    Emperor_ZEmperor_Z Registered User regular
    edited May 2014
    Persona 4 is stupid easy. You will be fine.

I beg to differ. The first two dungeons were really hard, and I don't think it's too much of a stretch to say that Shadow Yukiko is the hardest boss in the game. Or, well, she was in vanilla. I know that boss was toned down substantially, so I doubt she is in Golden, and I don't know if they adjusted the dungeon difficulty
    Reynolds wrote: »
    Oh, I can actually go to dungeons now! Only about four hours in. Sheesh.

The dungeon and battle music is fine, but still not amazing. The music when you're right outside the castle is actually really good, though.

Controlling everyone does make it a lot easier, although it's kinda bullshit to put in monsters that aren't weak to one of the three elements you have right now. It's not like you have tons of Personas to choose from at the moment.

Backside of the TV is the name of the dungeon hub music. I really like it as well, though I don't think there are many other songs like it in the game. Unlike P3, most of the P4 music is pop

Word of advice: MP conservation is key to dungeon success. Exploiting weaknesses, especially early on when you don't have multi-target spells, may not be worth the MP, and you could get more mileage out of it by just healing off the damage

Emperor_Z on
  • Options
  • Options
    Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    edited May 2014
    I was talkin' about this one! ;D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cj-Edr0k8TQ

It's not included on the soundtrack I have for P3.

Also re P4G's music; there's some great stuff later on. The optional dungeon (and last 2-3 of the regular ones) all have fantastic themes.

Dark Raven X on
    Oh brilliant
  • Options
    DehumanizedDehumanized Registered User regular
    Huh, Burn My Dread (Last Battle) was track #16 on the free soundtrack that shipped with first print run copies of Persona 3.

• Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    It does get used in game, near the very end.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    PLAPLA The process.Registered User regular
    Hence the name.

• Options
    There's 2 very different Burn My Dread (Last Battle) though. The one I posted, and the one Vagrant Winds posted earlier.

Oh brilliant
  • Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    There's 2 very different Burn My Dread (Last Battle) though. The one I posted, and the one Vagrant Winds posted earlier.

You posted the in-game version.

I posted the remastered version.

• Options
    PLAPLA The process.Registered User regular
    I like Thanatos.

• Options
    Maz-Maz- 飛べ Registered User regular
    I was talkin' about this one! ;D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cj-Edr0k8TQ

It's not included on the soundtrack I have for P3.

Also re P4G's music; there's some great stuff later on. The optional dungeon (and last 2-3 of the regular ones) all have fantastic themes.

Heaven and Snowflakes are pretty fantastic.

Add me on Switch: 7795-5541-4699
  • Options
    Messiah had the best Persona design in P3.

• Options
    LoveIsUnityLoveIsUnity Registered User regular

I am also quite fond of Lucifer's design. So hot...

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    Louisa is oddly popular on tumblr.

tumblr_n56x68eAtL1qlkbeho1_500.jpg

I guess (Strange Journey)
    Lucy making a fool out of Mastema was pretty great.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options

Mara 4 Lyfe

• Options
    Well I'm done with the first dungeon/month. Only trouble with the boss was running out of SP with the people doing damage, I gave up on Yosuke and just had him heal the whole time. What was in the box I was warned multiple times not to open?

This song is really good, but it doesn't get played enough.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WxJqPRubC3k

The regular battle music is no BABY BABY BABY so most fights are boring. The boss battle theme isn't so great, either.

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    Death is in that chest. Good thing you didn't open it :P

And yes, Reach out to the Truth is awesome - it was the only song that played during regular battles in P4, but they added another one (or two?) for Golden.

• Options
    StormwatcherStormwatcher Blegh BlughRegistered User regular
    I personally love all of P4G's sound track, but it might just be Stockholm Syndrome.

Steam: Stormwatcher | PSN: Stormwatcher33 | Switch: 5961-4777-3491
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    Nah, P4 has an awesome soundtrack. I was shocked to hear it was predominately in English, though.

• Options
    gunwarriorgunwarrior Registered User regular
    I would enjoy Time to make history way more if the climax of the song was more satisfying. It just feels like it falls off around the high notes even though there's a ton of build up to it.

Also, while we're talking about music. Some cool SMT mixes on youtube

• Options
    ArtereisArtereis Registered User regular
    When I played P4 originally, I pretty much had my mind set on hooking Brotagonist up with Yukiko, so I didn't really pay attention to a lot of the composition of the group scenes. This time around, I figured I'd set him up with Rise in Golden. With that in mind, it really does feel like Yukiko is the "canon" girlfriend due to how often the two of them are paired off, even if they're in the background. I also wasn't prepared to feel like a huge douche for friendzoning Yukiko during SLink 9.

At least it wasn't as bad as that consequences of being a pimp video.

• Options
    Emperor_ZEmperor_Z Registered User regular
    edited May 2014
    Artereis wrote: »
    When I played P4 originally, I pretty much had my mind set on hooking Brotagonist up with Yukiko, so I didn't really pay attention to a lot of the composition of the group scenes. This time around, I figured I'd set him up with Rise in Golden. With that in mind, it really does feel like Yukiko is the "canon" girlfriend due to how often the two of them are paired off, even if they're in the background. I also wasn't prepared to feel like a huge douche for friendzoning Yukiko during SLink 9.

Interesting. I pretty much had my heart set on Chie almost immediately, but didn't notice the game making any particular push towards Yukiko.

Emperor_Z on
  • Options
    Artereis wrote: »

Only Yu can clear the Amagi Hurdle.

Naoto is still my favorite, with Chie a close second.

I do wish we had gotten a Yosuke bromance option.

vc_persona4_02.jpg

• Options
    I'd say Rise is the 'default' romance route, since she's the one that has an obvious attraction to Yu without any effort on your part :P

But Chie da bes <3

Oh brilliant
  • Options
    I'm, uh

I'm doing a fourth run through right now

Going for the Rise romance and going to try my best not to fuck up getting to Margaret this time

I'll have every trophy if I manage it!

• Options
    RainbowDespairRainbowDespair Registered User regular
    I'd go with Yukiko and Rise as the canon date choices since the other 2 female main characters are obviously intended to hook up with your male allies.

• Options
    bssbss Brostoyevsky Madison, WIRegistered User regular
    I'd go with Yukiko and Rise as the canon date choices since the other 2 female main characters are obviously intended to hook up with your male allies.

Yukiko x Teddie though, the bond of silly glasses

3DS: 2466-2307-8384 PSN: bssteph Steam: bsstephan Twitch: bsstephan
    Tabletop:13th Age (mm-mmm), D&D 4e
    Occasional words about games: my site
  • Options

Kanji and Naoto, yeah, but Chie and Yosuke? There's really nothing going on between them.

• Options
    HounHoun Registered User regular
    Maz- wrote: »

Kanji and Naoto, yeah, but Chie and Yosuke? There's really nothing going on between them.

Chie and Yosuke are those two that bicker and fight in high school and seem to not like each other but then when you got back for your 10 year reunion they have like 11 babies.

• Options
    I'm getting more of a Chie/Yukiko vibe so far. I'm wondering how long it will be until we get a 'you two should get married already' joke, like in Doki Doki Precure.

Chie wanted me to go back and level up some more. No way I'm beating the new boss of this castle, though. And then the next day, there's new quests at the school, and they all want items from the castle...so I guess I'm going back again soon. I'm annihilating all the poor regular enemies by this point.

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    Reynolds wrote: »
    I'm getting more of a Chie/Yukiko vibe so far. I'm wondering how long it will be until we get a 'you two should get married already' joke, like in Doki Doki Precure.

Chie wanted me to go back and level up some more. No way I'm beating the new boss of this castle, though. And then the next day, there's new quests at the school, and they all want items from the castle...so I guess I'm going back again soon. I'm annihilating all the poor regular enemies by this point.

Wait until your next TV trip to rescue somebody anyway to go back to the castle

No sense wasting a day you could be working on S.Links

• Options
    chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular
    Houn wrote: »
    Maz- wrote: »

Chie and Yosuke are those two that bicker and fight in high school and seem to not like each other but then when you got back for your 10 year reunion they have like 11 babies.

But Yosuke's into dating robots.

As we learned in Futurama, there's no going back from that dark path.