where am i supposed to get watermelon soda D :

i used to love watermelon wawa soda :<

i think they were discontinued tho

we haven't gotten one since like the early fall

• Options
    CasualCasual Wiggle Wiggle Wiggle Flap Flap Flap Registered User regular
    Cinders wrote: »
    Puppy!

i feel like whenever i call this dog a puppy i should be using quotation marks

like he is an alleged puppy

in terms of age he is a puppy

but just look at him for fucks sake

he grows like a weed

• Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    oh my god i own this game

i could totally install this mod

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1CVFcSSNGGI#t=104

god bless u pc gaming

pc gaming based god

• Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    space jam lost its appeal when I found out how much of an asshole michael jordan is

• Options
    DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    PantsB wrote: »
    Atomika wrote: »
    I don't understand why networks time and again invest in expensive high-concept shows without ensuring their format is one that will promote quality.

"Cop Show in Space/The Future/The Old West/Atlantis" is about the laziest thing you can pitch.

Cop show in NYC

What???
    *sigh*
    *slumps shoulders*
    *Tosses pilot script for "Badges and Bagels" in the trash*

• Options
    Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator Mod Emeritus
    I don't understand why networks time and again invest in expensive high-concept shows without ensuring their format is one that will promote quality.

"Cop Show in Space/The Future/The Old West/Atlantis" is about the laziest thing you can pitch.

Cop show in NYC

at least we're beyond the era of every show being set in LA

that was a dark time

Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    Irond Will wrote: »

Cop show in NYC

that was a dark time

what? seriously?

i feel like settings wise US TV shows have a 50-50 split between NYC and LA

• Options
    Solomaxwell6Solomaxwell6 Registered User regular
    I would watch Cop Show in Atlantis.

• Options
    Rhesus PositiveRhesus Positive GNU Terry Pratchett Registered User regular

Cop show in NYC

Cop show in a cop show.

Cops going round making sure that people making cop shows aren't breaking the law.

[Muffled sounds of gorilla violence]
  • Options
    LoserForHireXLoserForHireX Philosopher King The AcademyRegistered User regular
    How about dix

and butts

Give me millions pls

"The only way to get rid of a temptation is to give into it." - Oscar Wilde
    "We believe in the people and their 'wisdom' as if there was some special secret entrance to knowledge that barred to anyone who had ever learned anything." - Friedrich Nietzsche
  • Options
    DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular

Cop show in NYC

Cop show in a cop show.

Cops going round making sure that people making cop shows aren't breaking the law.

IAD:NYC: The Series
    Make it all sexy like Grey's Anatomy so there's another layer to Internal Affairs
    brb writing new pilot!

• Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    Abdhyius wrote: »

Nope that won't end with a depressing twist ending at all. A retro indie game would never do that.

• Options
    Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator Mod Emeritus
    Casual wrote: »

Cop show in NYC

that was a dark time

what? seriously?

i can't think of anything set in LA right now

granted i don't watch much tv so maybe i am just ignant

but back in the 60s and 70s everything was set in LA

Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    HakkekageHakkekage Space Whore Academy summa cum laudeRegistered User regular

When I started watching Orphan Black I was like o great, sci fi cop show. Got it.

But its totally nooooot

and also based in Canada of all places

3DS: 2165 - 6538 - 3417
    NNID: Hakkekage
  • Options
    a fucking insane amount of TV shows are set in Manhattan

which ok, it's a very interesting place to set a show

but i wouldn't say there has ever been a shortage of shows/films set there, it feels like half the movies ever made are set there, i cant count the number of times ive seen something wreck the empire state building

• Options

Cop show in NYC

that was a dark time

what? seriously?

i can't think of anything set in LA right now

granted i don't watch much tv so maybe i am just ignant

but back in the 60s and 70s everything was set in LA

They didn't have the budgets to shoot on location Will!

• Options
    CindersCinders Whose sails were black when it was windy Registered User regular
    Oh I was told to watch Orphan Black. But then I forgot it existed.

• Options
    AtomikaAtomika Live fast and get fucked or whatever Registered User regular

Cop show in NYC

Not really the same thing. I was talking about high-concept shows.

Though I do agree that "cop show" is pretty lazy, but oddly prolific. People love TV cops.

• Options

that's usually what happens to black orphans.

• Options
    Boston legal was set in New York.

• Options

but i wouldn't say there has ever been a shortage of shows/films set there, it feels like half the movies ever made are set there, i cant count the number of times ive seen something wreck the empire state building

yeah it is a little much.

sometimes things are set in boston or DC, but rarely have for-reals location shots because they're actually filmed in vancouver or montreal.

setting in san francisco is pretty common because there are 1000s of stock shots of the golden gate bridge or that big hill whatever it is.

Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options

Cop show in NYC

Though I do agree that "cop show" is pretty lazy, but oddly prolific. People love TV cops.

The Wire is the only cop show anybody needs.

• Options
    TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    Pony wrote: »
    kedinik wrote: »
    Pony wrote: »
    god, are race-obsessed academics wearying

I don't think creating and talking about that type of dichotomy is necessarily unhelpful, but this guy sure chose some senselessly inflammatory category names.

that's sorta the rub, isn't it

there's a lot of folks in academia who talk a good game about the inflammatory powers of language

how you shouldn't say this

how this or that word has power, how saying a thing can bring a person down or demean someone or whatever

and i'm not saying they're wrong, per se

but that point rings a little hollow when they're completely unwilling to forsake any language that they know damn well can be very easily construed as inflammatory and outrageous in normal conversation and outside whatever specific contextualized meaning they've assigned it

there's a hypocrisy there i don't care for and find tiresome

either words are magic, or they are not

either things are offensive, or they are not

either you need to be mindful of the difference between what you intend and what you convey, or it doesn't matter

there are some academics who want to have it both ways and i think that's, in the words of Charles Dickens, the bullest of shit

Was this a general statement, or is it applicable to the posted image? If the latter, can you point to a particular phrase that you found needlessly inflammatory?

• Options

They film on my street a lot

@BEAST!'s building is Oscorp in the new Spooderman movies, they just CG'd some forbidding black tower over the Hearst building

In the first Spooderman, when Peter Parker gets out of the subway and goes WHOA, LOOK AT THAT BUILDING, you can see the reflection of the Hearst Tower in the building behind him

v funny such oversight

• Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    a philandering family man old cop and brash nihilist young cop in louisiana

they fight crime

• Options
    TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    So I noticed Twitter has a spot for header images now.
    http://i.imgur.com/eGE4Ohg.png
    lazy photoshop placeholder image

Bless your heart.
  • Options

Cop show in NYC

The Wire is not a cop show, The Wire is a people show where some of the people happen to cops!

If actual cop shows were more like The Wire, I would watch them. Or if they were set in Atlantis.

• Options

telling you again

do it

• Options
    LoserForHireXLoserForHireX Philosopher King The AcademyRegistered User regular
    Elendil wrote: »
    a philandering family man old cop and brash nihilist young cop in louisiana

they fight crime

But do they?

"The only way to get rid of a temptation is to give into it." - Oscar Wilde
    "We believe in the people and their 'wisdom' as if there was some special secret entrance to knowledge that barred to anyone who had ever learned anything." - Friedrich Nietzsche
  • Options
    I would watch Cop Show in Atlantis.

So would everyone. For two episodes.

That's the problem with high-concept.

• Options

Cop show in NYC

Cindy has two missions in life

1) get everyone taking estrogen

2) get everyone watching the wire

not necessarily in that order

• Options

There's a shot in The Day After Tomorrow where a giant tidal wave ROFLFucks the building I used to work in. I rewinded that scene like Kevin Costner in JFK and laughed forever

back...and to the left
    back...and to the left
    back...and to the left

• Options
    Captain CarrotCaptain Carrot Alexandria, VARegistered User regular
  • Options
    how about a show that isn't so god damned depressing but also for adults
    Why's everything gotta be so serious

• Options

Cop show in NYC

Maybe she could sell E on the streets of Baltimore and make a TV show about her experiences.

• Options

Cop show in NYC

I don't think cis ladies really need to be taking estrogen.

• Options

Cop show in NYC

Which is why I referenced it on the Gotham thing.

I don't think I need to see another non-continuity driven crime procedural ever again.

• Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    Ludious wrote: »
    Abdhyius wrote: »

Nope that won't end with a depressing twist ending at all. A retro indie game would never do that.

it is fanneh to me that this is the first thing u jump 2

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    Rhesus PositiveRhesus Positive GNU Terry Pratchett Registered User regular
    A prequel to CSI: New York

CSI: York

Gruff northern police investigating stabbings near the minster and people hiding in the Yorvik Viking Museum.

[Muffled sounds of gorilla violence]
This discussion has been closed.