As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

OLD Steam thread is old. Go find the new one!

• Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Sumanai wrote: »
    Polaritie wrote: »
    Is it just for me that one of the vote options only shows 3 games?

Also, where are the flash sales? :(

Yeah there's only 3 game in the left option for me. Also no vote winners and new flashes. Something broke Steam. :disappointed_relieved:

Oh wait, it has 4 now. KSP in last slot.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    heenatoheenato Alice Leywind Registered User regular
    I mean, it's not like there's a precident for shit not working on steam for a little while after a sale update.

M A G I K A Z A M
  • Options
    DarlanDarlan Registered User regular
    I can't see the flash sales yet, but it looks like Gone Home will be one of them, according to the old wishlist. Glad I waited on that one.

• Options
    CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    Sumanai wrote: »
    Is it just for me that one of the vote options only shows 3 games?

Also, where are the flash sales? :(
    Yeah there's only 3 game in the left option for me. Also no vote winners and new flashes. Something broke Steam. :disappointed_relieved:

Oh wait, it has 4 now. KSP in last slot.
    Oh shoot, now I wish I voted for that, I just voted against Garry's Mod because how many times can that game go on sale seriously.

• Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    Have there been rants about how the points are rigged yet?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    bloodatonementbloodatonement Registered User regular
    Burnage wrote: »
    Uh... have they put a Daily into one of the Community vote choice slots?

Yes. Yes. They have.

Go home Steam, you're drunk.
    they already did it with Pay Day 2

Zdy0pmg.jpg
    Steam ID: Good Life
  • Options
    SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    Mysterious 4th empty slot in the community voting Addictive- Moddable category has been added: Kerbal Space Program, 40% off. I'm voting for Adventure - Comedy.

• Options
    ruzkinruzkin Registered User regular
    These sales are threatening my efforts in the backlog challenge :(

g4OlSIF.jpg
  • Options
    KalnaurKalnaur I See Rain . . . Centralia, WARegistered User regular
    Marikir wrote: »
    Someone smack Steam upside the head. Jawas apparently got into the server room.

Probably mynocks, chewin' on the power cables.

I make art things! deviantART: Kalnaur ::: Origin: Kalnaur ::: UPlay: Kalnaur
  • Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Kalnaur wrote: »
    Marikir wrote: »
    Someone smack Steam upside the head. Jawas apparently got into the server room.

Probably mynocks, chewin' on the power cables.

Jar-Jar's gungan up the works.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    SmokeStacksSmokeStacks Registered User regular
    edited June 2014
    Hey, I'll give a complete set of Summer Sale 2013 cards to the first person to donate another hour to Corrigan.

edit: IT IS DONE

SmokeStacks on
  • Options
    Darlan wrote: »
    I can't see the flash sales yet, but it looks like Gone Home will be one of them, according to the old wishlist. Glad I waited on that one.

Using the same trick, Spec Ops: The Line is also a Flash sale.

• Options
    SumanaiSumanai muh PTRegistered User regular
    edited June 2014
    Flash sales are:

Gone Home 85% off
    Scribblenauts Unmasked 75% off
    Spec Ops 80% off
    Rising Storm 75% off

Vote winners are:

Just Cause 2 80% off
    Risen 2 75% off
    Planet Explorers 40% off
    Wasteland 2 33% off

edit: nevermind, Steam finally decided to update.

Sumanai on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    Can i buy you all spec ops.

can we make everyone play through it at the same time.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Mike DangerMike Danger "Diane..." a place both wonderful and strangeRegistered User regular
    And the winner of this fair, unbiased election is...TROPICO 5! All four flash slots! Glory to El Presidente!

Steam: Mike Danger | PSN/NNID: remadeking | 3DS: 2079-9204-4075
    oE0mva1.jpg
  • Options
    cardboard delusionscardboard delusions USAgent PSN: USAgent31Registered User regular
    edited June 2014
    @SmokeStacks‌ doesn't like @CorriganX‌ very much as I take it:

wfg5s1dpsip1.png

cardboard delusions on
  • Options
    Last SonLast Son Registered User regular
    edited June 2014
    Somebody said that the open world community pack won right? What games were in there? I remember Just Cause 2 and Risen 2.

edit: they got posted, Wasteland 2 and Planet Explorers.

Last Son on
  • Options
    Can i buy you all spec ops.

can we make everyone play through it at the same time.

I just wanted to know if it's worth 6 bucks. I've heard good things about it, but 5 bucks is my impulse threshold, thus my need to ask.

And I dunno about the rest of you, but I'm going to wait to vote until the sale page gets itself unfucked.

• Options
    HalfazedninjaHalfazedninja Author of Jake Howard: Multiverse 101! Behind YouRegistered User regular
    Isn't Spec Ops a third person military shooter? Is it that good? It looked kinda meh to me

My debut novel, JAKE HOWARD: MULTIVERSE 101!
    Switch FC: SW-7588-7027-0113, Steam/PSN: Halfazedninja

• Options
    IblisIblis Registered User regular
    Kami wrote: »
    Hey guys, if you're like me and didn't pick up Nosgoth because you didn't really know what it was or how freakin' cool it looks, Humble added the Founder's Pack (the same one Steam had on sale) for Steam's sale price of $4.99

I saw Nosgoth and was like 'Oh yeah, that's the multiplayer shooter based in Legacy of Kain' and shrugged it off. Then I saw some videos/interviews, noticed it had customizable characters, realized it was more like TF2 + Diablo + Legacy of Kain, then I beat myself up for not buying.

I grabbed it myself, and confirm it's pretty awesome. I have some issues with their free to play structure, but pretty much everything that impacts the game can be earned in game so that's nice.

Steam Account, 3DS FC: 5129-1652-5160, Origin ID: DamusWolf
  • Options
    heenatoheenato Alice Leywind Registered User regular
    Isn't Spec Ops a third person military shooter? Is it that good? It looked kinda meh to me
    The gameplay is meh.

The STORY is phenominal. That's why it's good.

M A G I K A Z A M
  • Options
    LostNinjaLostNinja Registered User regular

The mechanics aren't the best you'll find in a shooter, but the story is the real draw.

• Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    And I dunno about the rest of you, but I'm going to wait to vote until the sale page gets itself unfucked.

Looks good, now.

• Options
    That's what it wants you to think when you start playing it...

• Options
    DrovekDrovek Registered User regular
    edited June 2014
    LostNinja wrote: »

The mechanics aren't the best you'll find in a shooter, but the story is the real draw.

In a way, the mechanics are meant to be meh... but just try it and you'll see. ;)

Drovek on
    steam_sig.png( < . . .
  • Options
    Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    Boo, the arcade vote didn't win. Hope those games show up later.

Wonder if I should bother with Gone Home. I have heard wildly different opinions on it...

Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    IcemopperIcemopper Registered User regular
    Just played TF2 with some PA folk for the first time in almost 5 years. Shout out to @riokenn @theantipop and @goofball for a really good time. Per usual, any time you get PA folk on one team, it turns on easy mode because we actually cooperate and talk about strategy. That was a blast though, and I hope it happens again!

• Options
    DrovekDrovek Registered User regular
    Warlock82 wrote: »

Wonder if I should bother with Gone Home. I have heard wildly different opinions on it...

It's a great piece of world-building. You investigate the mystery of this abandoned house, and it's built nicely and in the end it's satisfying. If you like that (exploration, reading journals, mild puzzles) then it's awesome (and short, as in under 4 hours if I recall correctly.)

steam_sig.png( < . . .
  • Options
    Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular
    @‌Gaslight
    Gaslight wrote: »
    What's the deal with cars, though? What do I need to repair them? Because I tend to trash every one I find pretty quick and I am pretty sure I heard no new ones spawn?

You need to upgrade a workshop into an auto shop and then cars that are parked overnight in one of your homebase parking spots are repaired automagically. A basic shop can only do basic repairs, but an advanced shop can repair any/all damage.

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
  • Options
    akajaybayakajaybay Registered User regular
    edited June 2014
    @VeeVee saw fit to add another game to the ever growing backlog.
    Like Sisyphus we are doomed to slowly try and clear out one game at a time only to have to begin again.
    mXYy94n.jpg
    Thanks for Rock of Ages.
    But seriously, this is game where you start out as Sisyphus and decide to instead break out of Hades with your boulder and battle your way through history crushing mythological and historical figures with a big rock.
    It's pretty cool. Played some on the ole xbox. But glad to give it another go around and check out some of the updates that have happened to it as well.

akajaybay on
  • Options

See that was my impression, but very many people talk about the story being a huge draw. I am not good at nor usually like 3rd person shooters (though I do find myself getting better at them), but the volume of praise for the story is what got me interested.

• Options
    So in the tradition of terrible votes, should we just assume that The Lego Movie will win despite already being a daily?

• Options
    Oh, right! What does the hive mind want me to vote on?

• Options
    So in the tradition of terrible votes, should we just assume that The Lego Movie will win despite already being a daily?
    You're not voting for the Lego Movie, you're voting for the other 3 games

• Options
    Drovek wrote: »
    Warlock82 wrote: »

It's a great piece of world-building. You investigate the mystery of this abandoned house, and it's built nicely and in the end it's satisfying. If you like that (exploration, reading journals, mild puzzles) then it's awesome (and short, as in under 4 hours if I recall correctly.)

Eh, I might as well give it a shot. $3 isn't too bad.

Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    ruzkinruzkin Registered User regular

See that was my impression, but very many people talk about the story being a huge draw. I am not good at nor usually like 3rd person shooters (though I do find myself getting better at them), but the volume of praise for the story is what got me interested.

People raving about the story was what got me into it, too. The first three levels I was thinking... is this it? Then the story accelerated into sixth gear and it became a must-play household event that kept me and my missus glued to the TV until it was done. Exceptional stuff.

g4OlSIF.jpg
  • Options

In a way, the mechanics are meant to be meh... but just try it and you'll see. ;)

I've heard this before, but I'm not entirely sure I get it.

Serious Spec Ops story spoiler (don't read if you haven't played and ever think that you might)
    I know that the game is a commentary on us playing these ultra violent games where we kill a ton of people to be the "hero," but how does intentionally making the mechanics sub par help convey this?

• Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    Man, I'm not sure what to vote on here.

Garry's Mod can go fuck itself (plus I already own it) based on recent comments from Garry. SimCity 4 is meh. Game Dev tycoon is meh. I just couldn't get into Kerbal (Plus it's still unfinished, plus it's not a great discount)

On the other hand, Lego is already a daily, Jazzpunk was a daily earlier, (or was that a flash sale, whatever) and I turned it down then, Desktop Dungeons doesn't interest me, and I'd rather have Little Inferno on my ipad if I ever were to buy it.

Frankly, I'm stumped here.

• Options
    Man, I'm not sure what to vote on here.

Garry's Mod can go fuck itself (plus I already own it) based on recent comments from Garry. SimCity 4 is meh. Game Dev tycoon is meh. I just couldn't get into Kerbal (Plus it's still unfinished, plus it's not a great discount)

On the other hand, Lego is already a daily, Jazzpunk was a daily earlier, (or was that a flash sale, whatever) and I turned it down then, Desktop Dungeons doesn't interest me, and I'd rather have Little Inferno on my ipad if I ever were to buy it.

Frankly, I'm stumped here.

I just voted for the comedy one because fuck it :P They were both kinda dumb.

• Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular

I've heard this before, but I'm not entirely sure I get it.

Serious Spec Ops story spoiler (don't read if you haven't played and ever think that you might)
    I know that the game is a commentary on us playing these ultra violent games where we kill a ton of people to be the "hero," but how does intentionally making the mechanics sub par help convey this?
    Mechanics aren't really sub-par, they're average, because the game is supposed to appear like an average, everyday modern military shooter: i.e. status quo-y as fuck.

This discussion has been closed.