The image size limit has been raised to 1mb! Anything larger than that should be linked to. This is a HARD limit, please do not abuse it.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

[WARMACHINE & HORDES] 1+1=Cyriss is calculating... calculating... seven! And you're dead.

1282930313234»

• kaidkaid Registered User regular
    PMAvers wrote: »

omg Farrow Valkyries are finally coming omg

Does that mean the fat lady is about to sing?

• AegeriAegeri Plateau of LengRegistered User regular
    I got my in store Warmahordes league up and running again. Learned a lot from how the first one didn't work out and this is going much better already. The trick will be with how people respond to needing to expand their armies again.

The Roleplayer's Guild: My blog for roleplaying games, advice and adventuring.
    ForceVoid3lwap0
  • NobodyNobody Registered User regular
    PP just announced a nerf to Haley2s feat and the Cygnar FB group imploded

The new version of the feat now only hits d3+5 models currently in her control zone.

tzeentchlingHeffling
  • PMAversPMAvers GomorraRegistered User regular
    You know, I *watched* the video at L&L with the teaser about the Crucible Guard, and I have no idea how I didn't make they mental connection that they were the next WM mini-faction release. It took Gaston2 showing up and saying that he works for them to actually go ooooooooooooooooooh yeah.

persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696
  • BrodyBrody Cabot CoveRegistered User regular
    What's this now about the next mini faction?

Last couple of minutes. By the name, sounds like they're tied to the Order of the Golden Crucible. AKA the international alchemy guild in the IK. From what I gather, it sounds like it involves those that were able to escape the invasion of Llael (where they were mainly based out of) into Ord, where they're setting up shop and getting ready to kick some Khadoran ass.

And it looks like they've got tanks, as per the video.

persona4celestia.jpg
  • TheBigEasyTheBigEasy Registered User regular
    Nobody wrote: »

The new version of the feat now only hits d3+5 models currently in her control zone.

Which is actually not that hard a nerf for her to be honest. But hey, it wouldn't be the Cygnar FB group if it doesn't implode every once in a while.

Evil Multifarious
  • NobodyNobody Registered User regular
    TheBigEasy wrote: »

Which is actually not that hard a nerf for her to be honest. But hey, it wouldn't be the Cygnar FB group if it doesn't implode every once in a while.

The good news is it settled down pretty quickly as big name Haley2 players came out of the woodwork to say that it was needed and everything is fine.

The major Kraye buff confirmed at the same time probably helped, as well as the acknowledgement that Siege1 is heading into CID soon.

• admanbadmanb the bored genie Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Definitely sold my entire Cygnar collection to a local at least partially on the back of a recent tournament where a mediocre player swept through by playing Haley2 every game. Hopefully that doesn't bite me in the butt!

• Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    The Haley 2 nerf is great and her feat is still incredibly strong. It will still cripple battlegroups and solos.

I fully expect them to watch how that nerf affects play, and then hit Deneghra 1 with the same thing.

She'd still be the strongest caster in Cryx, I think, but it would make her much worse against hordes of infantry. And I wouldn't feel guilty playing her anymore.

Inquisitor wrote: »
    I fucking hate you Canadians.
    Heffling
  • SvenskaSvenska Registered User regular
    I just straight up won't play against haley's or denny's anymore.

Since your name means "swedish" in swedish, I just assumed you were, ya know, swedish.

eNozN1RVNTYwUDVRNVUzUjOsMVQzRCON1UyApAmYbQZRYwaRBlOqZSYA7ZUOyQ==
  • TheBigEasyTheBigEasy Registered User regular
    TheBigEasy wrote: »

The good news is it settled down pretty quickly as big name Haley2 players came out of the woodwork to say that it was needed and everything is fine.

The major Kraye buff confirmed at the same time probably helped, as well as the acknowledgement that Siege1 is heading into CID soon.

Yeah, the new Kraye is amazeballs.

persona4celestia.jpg
    Evil Multifarioustzeentchling
  • see317see317 Taco Count 2017: 61 Registered User regular

Sometimes, a magic ice-scythe/hammer just isn't enough.

So, do you think she get two cannons, or one cannon and they couldn't decide which side to mount it on?
    The cannon is on the right side in the back view on the top row, but is swung out on the left side in the bottom row back view.

Ringo wrote: »
    Well except what see317 said. That guy's always wrong.
  • BrodyBrody Cabot CoveRegistered User regular
    In all views, the cannon deployed is on her left side. When it is stored it is on her right side because the mounting arm doesn't telescope.

I love that design. My buddy is waiting patiently for his MOW theme and she'll fit right in.

• Casually HardcoreCasually Hardcore Get over yourself. Registered User regular
    So I've picked up a rager cager and a child in anticipation of playing in a journeyman. This'll be my first ever wargame. But it sounds like WH8th Ed is the thing to play and Warmachine is on its way out.

Am I buying into a dying game?

steam_sig.png
  • HefflingHeffling No Pic EverRegistered User regular
    see317 wrote: »

Sometimes, a magic ice-scythe/hammer just isn't enough.

So, do you think she get two cannons, or one cannon and they couldn't decide which side to mount it on?
    The cannon is on the right side in the back view on the top row, but is swung out on the left side in the bottom row back view.

The arm it's mounted on swings underneath her ribs/boiler, which is why in storage it's on the right and deployed on the left.

If a movement doesn't have someone that can sit down opposite those in a position of power and strike a deal, how can that movement achieve success?
    So I've picked up a rager cager and a child in anticipation of playing in a journeyman. This'll be my first ever wargame. But it sounds like WH8th Ed is the thing to play and Warmachine is on its way out.

i don't think so. this kind of thing is hugely dependent on your local community. games are more or less popular based on very small regional trends. as a broader thing, warmachine is still going strong and has tons of big tournaments and events and new releases.

• see317see317 Taco Count 2017: 61 Registered User regular

No, the games not dying.
    WH40k just got a new edition dropped and is actually moving the story forward some, so it's the latest new hotness.
    Give a year or so for the new shine to wear off.

Ringo wrote: »
    Well except what see317 said. That guy's always wrong.
    http://privateerpress.com/community/privateer-insider/insider-09-05-2017

New insider talking about the upcoming MOW theme force, CID changes, and a new Khador battle engine.

persona4celestia.jpg
    edited September 18
    PMAvers on
    persona4celestia.jpg