As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[WOW] 6.0 Out now! Blizzcon INC Nov 7+8!

• Options
    The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    Ok, so...

First we get a release date for the announcement of the release date and the cinematic trailer reveal.

Now we get a teaser for the cinematic reveal that will be shown on the day that had a release date that will announce the release date and....I don't even know what the fuck is going on anymore with Blizzards PR department. :rotate:

anyway, image:
    warlordsCinematicTeaserB.jpg

Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• Options
    LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    Mages in WoD - any indication what the most competitive PVE spec will be yet?

• Options
    LorahaloLorahalo Registered User regular
    Frost is looking insanely strong right now. One of the best specs in the beta so far out of all classes. Everything it does works so well together. Frost Bomb is probably going to get some serious tuning (see: get the shit nerfed out of it) because it's fuck-off strong. All your abilities cleave in some way, and cleave makes Prismatic Crystal even better.

Fire was looking ok but then they seemingly removed the +15% crit chance perk for Pyroblast which made it a bit shit. Rotation is still dull as bricks and Combustion does fuck all damage. Works very poorly with Prismastic Crystal. While Frost is hitting it with half a dozen different cleave abilities, the best Fire can do is launch all your pyroblasts to get a big combustion off, then pop crystal and spread the combustion it. Unfortunately this means you have no pyro procs for Crystal and get to hit with like, 3 fireballs.

Arcane looks alright, though Arcane Orb is looking to be a necessity. They want to return to a burn>converse cata style system, but atm it's still better to stay above 90% mana. The AP perk is nice though, lets you do something in AP without losing all your mana. Overpowered is really shit.

Rune of Power can go die in a fucking hole, forever.

I have a podcast about Digimon called the Digital Moncast, on Audio Entropy.
  • Options
    FairchildFairchild Rabbit used short words that were easy to understand, like "Hello Pooh, how about Lunch ?" Registered User regular
  • Options
    SamphisSamphis Registered User regular
    Not only that, but they announced that there would be news on the the day that they announced the release date for the release date.

My head hurts a little.

• Options
    Also we might be getting the Troll artcraft post sometime soon, since they did say they were aiming for this week some time.

• Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Fairchild wrote: »
    The best Mage spec will be "Boosted Warlock".

Pretty sure Destro's gonna be taking a nerfbat to the face.

I look at Frost mage nowadays and have a hard time reconciling the fact that it's the best spec in PvE because for the longest time it was always the weakest. Even back in MC days the only reason Frost was "better" was because of mobs all having resistance or immunity. Wasn't until Naxx when Fire/Arcane started to show their strength a bit. Then BC hit and Frost went to the bottom of the pile all the way up until middle-end of MoP.

• Options
    OldSlackerOldSlacker Registered User regular
    That image looks like the gathering of the clans.

• Options
    Man they better announce the damn physical CE on thurs.

• Options
    AcharenusAcharenus Registered User regular
    That image looks like the gathering of the clans.

Judging from the brief webcomic they released I'd say gul'dans in for a bit of a surprise. Should make for a cool cinematic.

• Options
    Can someone remind me again with happens with challenge modes in 6.0; by which I mean the rewards?

Did they say the mounts are going account wide? Did they say that if you got one of the mounts you get them all?

both sound familiar but I'm drawing a blank on the actual announcement.

• Options
    If you have one Pandaren Phoenix when 6.0 hits then you get the other three all account-wide.

After 6.0 hits though the medal achievements will be taken out and made into Feats of Strength, so you will be unable to get any of the phoenixes, the title, or class armor.

• Options
    edited August 2014
    Yes, that's what they said. Challenge mode clarification: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/12930280

The Bronze (title) and Silver rewards (four mounts) are/will be Account-wide, gold rewards (teleport spells/armor) are character-specific.

I don't get why they are removing them instead of wiping the leaderboards, starting a "season 2" and keeping them available, especially since level scaling is a thing.

Samphis on
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    Cool, that's what I was looking for. Thanks folks.

EDIT: actually, another unrelated question; can the warlock book only drop for warlocks, or can anyone find it?

The Dude With Herpes on

• Options
    It can only drop for 'locks.

• Options
    HardtargetHardtarget There Are Four Lights VancouverRegistered User regular
    So watching Dan play WoW has given me the itch! I'm having a baby at some point in the next few days but it would be kinda fun to play a little WoW before baby actually arrives, and battle.net tells me I have a 10 day free trial i can activate for Pandarea

so uhh do people still play? What's the scoop on a PA guild or whatever these days?

steam_sig.png
    kHDRsTc.png
  • Options
    MuzzmuzzMuzzmuzz Registered User regular
    One of my first achievements was getting the PvP halaa mount. After an epic battle for Hallaa, (seriously, the bridges were covered in skeletons), I realized I had enough pvp Tokens. So for two weeks, I grinded dust in that village to the west. Not only did it get me enough money to buy flying training, I got exalted with Mag'har, and it taught me that I loved aoe grinding.

I'm still not sure how I managed to do it specced as holy paladin, and with each token costing 20 dust, instead of the 10.

• Options
    BubsBubs Not Burbs ChicagoRegistered User regular
    edited August 2014
    I downloaded again after quitting before the end of wrath. (Thanks, thread, for letting me know about the 10 day trial) And I'm hooked again. When I left my best geared character was my rogue, so I logged her in, and all kinds of wtf happened.

-My bank and inventory were full of engineering mats. I'd maxed engineering like three days into wrath and hadn't had use for any of them for a long time before I quit.
    -I had a bunch of blue gear from Cata dungeons.
    -I was 1 xp from level 81
    -Somebody faction transferred my druid to horde on the same server.
    -Somebody transferred my warlock to some server I've never heard of.
    - I had thousands of unaccounted for gold.

I don't really care about having my druid horde side, but losing my lock was kind of a bummer. I've always been on Hellscream, and even though I don't know anybody on that server any more, I had no plans to switch, plus if people were to come back for Warlords, that's where they'd be.

Why are there so many goddamn buttons now?

Bubs on
    PSN: thewheelz
  • Options
    FairchildFairchild Rabbit used short words that were easy to understand, like "Hello Pooh, how about Lunch ?" Registered User regular
    Hardtarget wrote: »
    So watching Dan play WoW has given me the itch! I'm having a baby at some point in the next few days but it would be kinda fun to play a little WoW before baby actually arrives, and battle.net tells me I have a 10 day free trial i can activate for Pandarea

so uhh do people still play? What's the scoop on a PA guild or whatever these days?

Congratulations, dude. Have a name for the little Murloc ?

• Options
    edited August 2014
    Whoever said that Shado-Pan Monestary was an easy challenge mode wasn't kidding. We cleared it on our first attempt with a minute left. I'm now 8/9 on golds with a very, very close to gold silver medal on Stormstout Brewery. I think we'll get it within a few pulls on our next Challenge mode night. That patrol in the beer room can make or break a perfect run, and did us in twice. Everyone in the group has a battle horn, Landsharks, potions and crazy amounts of patience. Our disc priest goes shadow for the last boss, and our best attempt was about 33 seconds short of gold time, with an extra trash pull.

These challenge modes, though are easily among the hardest videogame accomplishments I've ever done. I'm starting to feel my age and miss my twenties when my reaction time was so much better.

Rocking my new title: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/sentinels/kalorie/advanced

Samphis on
  • Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    It will be hilariously fitting if Frost is just the ONLY spec for Mages to go by the time anniversary MC is released.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    SmrtnikSmrtnik job boli zub Registered User regular
    Bubs wrote: »
    I downloaded again after quitting before the end of wrath. (Thanks, thread, for letting me know about the 10 day trial) And I'm hooked again. When I left my best geared character was my rogue, so I logged her in, and all kinds of wtf happened.

-My bank and inventory were full of engineering mats. I'd maxed engineering like three days into wrath and hadn't had use for any of them for a long time before I quit.
    -I had a bunch of blue gear from Cata dungeons.
    -I was 1 xp from level 81
    -Somebody faction transferred my druid to horde on the same server.
    -Somebody transferred my warlock to some server I've never heard of.
    - I had thousands of unaccounted for gold.

I don't really care about having my druid horde side, but losing my lock was kind of a bummer. I've always been on Hellscream, and even though I don't know anybody on that server any more, I had no plans to switch, plus if people were to come back for Warlords, that's where they'd be.

Why are there so many goddamn buttons now?

Make sure you change password and put an authenticator on that account.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    I have no issue with playing Frost, since it's all I've done for almost a year now. I got over Fire's luck based play after a week or two, and I want to stab Rune of Power with a rusty fork so Arcane is out. Frost is fun yo.

• Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    Obviously frost now is waaaaay different form the boring horror that was frost at vanilla.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    Seems as though the 250 Mount Achievement reward has been changed from Emerald Drake to Felfire Hawk.

• Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    Man they better announce the damn physical CE on thurs.

The sad thing is my wallet is going to weep with bills buy my brother the generic WOD for his off and bills
    Ah the life of an Adult

Obviously frost now is waaaaay different form the boring horror that was frost at vanilla.

I played Frost way back then and ran off to fire in TBC because of the tailored armour choices

• Options
    HardtargetHardtarget There Are Four Lights VancouverRegistered User regular
    and caved and made a dude.. ended up staying up till 2am and playing.. on a work night. oh god why

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/burning-legion/Jorndo/simple

then pandara start stuff was kinda neat!

steam_sig.png
    kHDRsTc.png
  • Options
    Ok I am now really confused
    I boosted my shaman but the trainers don't have anything new for me to learn past Cata
    I have NO idea where you get the Alch stuff to learn in Mists

• Options
    I know one of the Klaxxi dudes in Dread Wastes is an alch trainer, so probably there? You'll have to do the Klaxxi intro quests first I guess.

• Options
    You learn by crafting.

• Options
    Acharenus wrote: »
    You learn by crafting.

It's ALL GRAY
    So how can I learn something when everything I know is from 350ish

I flew out and talked to the Klaxxi they too had nothing new

• Options
    See
    WoWScrnShot_081214_032309_zpsf5816701.jpg
    WoWScrnShot_081214_032310_zpsd6b1d8d1.jpg

• Options
    KamarKamar Registered User regular
    edited August 2014
    Potion of Deepholm or Potion of Treasure Finding teach random stuff when you make them, iirc. That's your jumping-off point.

Kamar on
  • Options
    You should have the very simplest of pandaran recipes, it may be greyed out but that's how you learn the rest.

• Options
    You should have the very simplest of pandaran recipes, it may be greyed out but that's how you learn the rest.

None of them are there that is why I am confused

• Options
    KamarKamar Registered User regular
    edited August 2014
    Brainleech wrote: »

I'm like 73.215% certain Treasure Finding and Deepholm both have a chance to teach you new recipes, and I can see them on the trainer in your screenshot unlearned. So try them?

edit: Googled it, Master Healing Potion and Alchemist's Rejuvenation are the two you want, 500 skills. My bad.

Kamar on
  • Options
    Kamar wrote: »

I'm like 73.215% certain Treasure Finding and Deepholm both have a chance to teach you new recipes, and I can see them on the trainer in your screenshot unlearned. So try them?

edit: Googled it, Master Healing Potion and Alchemist's Rejuvenation are the two you want, 500 skills. My bad.

Cannot get those two

And wow the customer service forum is exactly why I don't go to the wow site anymore
    Really less than helpful

• Options
    Well that is new I found the trainer that will give me the patterns for those two in Outland
    WTF

• Options
    Got the final runestone, cloaks within reach!

...servers going down

Knowing my luck my computer will die before the server comes back up.

• Options
    Kamar wrote: »

Well I wasted some time in Deepholm getting Heartbloom
    But I did get all the battle pets out of there which was something I ment to do long ago

This discussion has been closed.