As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[League of Legends] Worlds has started, keep spoilers in tags!

• Options
    SampsenSampsen Aggressive Berserker Registered User regular
    Roz wrote: »
    Sampsen wrote: »
    Mystery skins are fun, I sent out a few gifts last night. I tried to gift Rozz, but it says he has too many skinds and champions to be able to gift him anything. Like.. wut? Rozz, how do you have so much League stuff?

hahahahah

I put Riot's kids through college

But there are soooo many bad skins. Hahaha, I can see you buying them cause they're on sale.

Sampsen_na_104_5_logo.png
  • Options
    Mr FuzzbuttMr Fuzzbutt Registered User regular
    My first mystery skin, I got Black Belt Udyr.

The worst skin in the game.

It's not even bad enough to be funny! It's just boring.

broken image link
  • Options
    SpectrumSpectrum Archer of Inferno Chaldea Rec RoomRegistered User regular
    Bethryn wrote: »
    I mean how do you nerf Lee in any significant way? Lower projectile speeds? Shorter ranges?

His stats aren't really a part of what makes him so good.
    Higher energy costs, put an energy cost on his kick, lower his energy regen, etc

Nerf Cripple some more

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    RendRend Registered User regular
    I rolled blitzcrank on ARAM.

I decided it was a good time to start with alacrity enchanted mobis.

The time of man most definitely came to an end. B)

• Options
    Joe KJoe K Registered User regular

THat's not the worst skin in teh game.

It's not easy being green Taric is worse. He doesn't have fuzzy boots or anything.

Why yes, I own it, why do you ask?

• Options
    DehumanizedDehumanized Registered User regular
    I have found the worst aram comp and I was on it

leona
    yi
    yasuo
    garen
    nasus (not AP)

• Options
    Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular

leona
    yi
    yasuo
    garen
    nasus (not AP)

Ended up rolling 5 bruisers against 5 carries once. We just ended up smashing our face into them as hard as we could and it actually worked.

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    DehumanizedDehumanized Registered User regular
    edited September 2014

leona
    yi
    yasuo
    garen
    nasus (not AP)

Ended up rolling 5 bruisers against 5 carries once. We just ended up smashing our face into them as hard as we could and it actually worked.

we were just the wrong mix of melee tankiness and fragile damage such that we just died over and over until the game mercifully ended. the other comp looked like:

leblanc
    annie
    wukong
    syndra
    jayce

as you can see, we got aced 8 times in 18 minutes

Dehumanized on
  • Options
    RozRoz Boss of InternetRegistered User regular
    My thoughts on LCS:

Prolly is a good commentator, but his eyes are so intense. Not mean or sad, just intense.

Doublelift likes make up

Crumbz seems nice. Just a nice, clean guy.

Every time I see sneaky, he reminds me of someone who is more suited to be a bassist in Fall Out Boy or The Used rather than a professional League of Legends player.

Tin fucking owns man.
    Europe what happened to you.

This is by far the most entertaining worlds yet.

• Options
    GoumindongGoumindong Registered User regular
    Joe K wrote: »

THat's not the worst skin in teh game.

It's not easy being green Taric is worse. He doesn't have fuzzy boots or anything.

Why yes, I own it, why do you ask?

Oh my god now i really want an "its not easy being green" fiddlesticks skin.

wbBv3fj.png
  • Options
    Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    I'll give it to Pr0lly, he managed to parlay a bad season with a shitty team into a decent gig as a commentator.

Probably comes from the slim pickings for socially adjusted LoL pros.

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    SampsenSampsen Aggressive Berserker Registered User regular
    Roz wrote: »
    My thoughts on LCS:

Prolly is a good commentator, but his eyes are so intense. Not mean or sad, just intense.

Doublelift likes make up

Crumbz seems nice. Just a nice, clean guy.

Every time I see sneaky, he reminds me of someone who is more suited to be a bassist in Fall Out Boy or The Used rather than a professional League of Legends player.

Tin fucking owns man.
    Europe what happened to you.

This is by far the most entertaining worlds yet.

Crumbz is from Vancouver, so of course he is a nice, clean guy.

Sampsen_na_104_5_logo.png
  • Options
    The worst part about Crumbz being good on the desk is that there really is no way in hell we'll ever see our lord and savior qtpie on there.

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    i'm pretty sure the fact that qtpie will never be on the desk is self-contained within qtpie himself and not influenced by anyone else

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    i'm pretty sure the fact that qtpie will never be on the desk is self-contained within qtpie himself and not influenced by anyone else
    Shhhhhhh blasphemy

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    Pretty short but still hopeful post from LMQ
    https://www.facebook.com/LMQiBUYPOWER/posts/696722517086444?ref=notif&notif_t=notify_me
    See you guys S5, we will come back as a better team next season, make you guys proud again! Thank you for all the support, we really need it. LMQ! Fighting! C9, TSM, please make NA proud!

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    RaslinRaslin Registered User regular
    edited September 2014
    I don't care what anyone says, I like LMQ. Yeah, I know, so brave

Edit: Ugh, bought some mystery skins... Amethyst Ashe, Goalkeeper Maokai, and Boom Boom Blitzcrank. I don't play any of them really :/

Raslin on
    I cant url good so add me on steam anyways steamcommunity.com/id/Raslin

3ds friend code: 2981-6032-4118
  • Options
    CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    I like Emerald Taric :<

• Options
    skyknytskyknyt Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Wish I could disable being grouped with 4 man premades. They are without a doubt the most toxic groups in the entire game.

Tycho wrote:
    [skyknyt's writing] is like come kind of code that, when comprehended, unfolds into madness in the mind of the reader.
    PSN: skyknyt, Steam: skyknyt, Blizz: skyknyt#1160
  • Options
    JoshmviiJoshmvii Registered User regular
    4 man premades are usually pretty awful. I don't get it. When me and my friends are playing normals and we're a 4 man, all we do is ask the 5th person what role they want, give it to them, then just goof off on skype/vent while we play and that's that. When I'm playing alone and I play a normal and get with a 4 man they're usually those types of jerks that just act really abrasive towards you immediately and talk tons of shit if you make any mistakes and what not. I don't understand why so many people are such buttlords.

• Options
    Right? Like, you offer the odd man out their choice in role, and you play around them.

This last team cussed me out IN CHAMPION SELECT before declaring "all ranged all mid" and then feeding 20 kills in a row.

Tycho wrote:
    [skyknyt's writing] is like come kind of code that, when comprehended, unfolds into madness in the mind of the reader.
  • Options
    skyknyt wrote: »
    Wish I could disable being grouped with 4 man premades. They are without a doubt the most toxic groups in the entire game.

Solution: Always play Ranked

trololol

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    Hargaad of OmnarHargaad of Omnar New Badges? Fucking BOSS!Registered User regular
    Yet, again...I get teams that want nothing to do but bitch at each other, which only leads to a loss for ~15 LP. There are more toxic players that throw games than teammates who try to win. 4 games in a row with the toxicity and 1 game where my team actually didn't have a troll or afk. :\
    howtoloseinranked.png

Star Wars (2 separate links)
    Yelling at butts will never NOT be funny. Thanks, Psy!
    Also, Abby is awesome. Keep up with TLH because it's the tits!

I love League of Legends, but seriously...screw you, Teemo.
  • Options
    CesareBCesareB Registered User regular
    Right? Like, you offer the odd man out their choice in role, and you play around them.

This last team cussed me out IN CHAMPION SELECT before declaring "all ranged all mid" and then feeding 20 kills in a row.

So wait you got cussed out in champ select by a 4-man premade and played the game?

This... this is not a thing I would do.

• Options
    PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    Ugh, just a long string of four terrible games tonight.

Especially the two ranked games that had disconnects in them that caused me to drop to Silver IV.

Probably would've had more fun doing nothing than those.

persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • Options
    KhavallKhavall British ColumbiaRegistered User regular
    Really the only thing I have to say about the commentators in LCS is Kobe is a pretty handsome fellow.

• Options
    ExarchExarch Registered User regular
    Yet, again...I get teams that want nothing to do but bitch at each other, which only leads to a loss for ~15 LP. There are more toxic players that throw games than teammates who try to win. 4 games in a row with the toxicity and 1 game where my team actually didn't have a troll or afk. :\
    howtoloseinranked.png

I know that when I'm angry, having someone type CHIIIILLLLL in caps calms me right down lol

No gods or kings, only man.
    LoL: BunyipAristocrat
  • Options
    CesareB wrote: »

So wait you got cussed out in champ select by a 4-man premade and played the game?

This... this is not a thing I would do.

Well, I put them all on ignore in the first second of the match, and played to the best of my ability.

BONUS: I was cussed out for switching from Soraka to Kayle and chose smite when they announced "all ranged all mid". I did not actually type anything into pregame chat.

Tycho wrote:
  • Options
    Hargaad of OmnarHargaad of Omnar New Badges? Fucking BOSS!Registered User regular
    Exarch wrote: »
    howtoloseinranked.png

I know that when I'm angry, having someone type CHIIIILLLLL in caps calms me right down lol

I may express my discontent on the forum, but I refrain from saying anything negative to my team because it never helps, causes more drama, and gives incentive to report me for no real good reason other than their rage-boner's satisfaction.
    Most of the time, people report for something a bit more serious, like verbal abuse, instead of the actual reason, which is usually just having a bad game.

Star Wars (2 separate links)
    Yelling at butts will never NOT be funny. Thanks, Psy!
    Also, Abby is awesome. Keep up with TLH because it's the tits!

I love League of Legends, but seriously...screw you, Teemo.
  • Options
    ExarchExarch Registered User regular
    Same here. Venting in game just makes it worse.

Like my latest ARAM. Essence Reaver>Frozen Fist Tristana complains she's not getting enough peel. Blames my Maokai for it. I don't retort because if they're that bad already, they're not going to take anything I say well.

No gods or kings, only man.
    LoL: BunyipAristocrat
  • Options
    PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    I got a rainbow Amumu skin from a mystery box. I guess this skin is super duper pooper scooper rare? And Amumu is my fave champ right now, to boot. So I can be all "hey look how sad I am ablublublu" and everyone will be like "whoamg".

Or probably not.

• Options
    KogumaKoguma Space Jam Enthusiast DunkmaciaRegistered User regular
    Spectrum wrote: »

trololol

except don't ranked's awful

LoL NA: Kog, K0G D1/challenger/master IDK ANYMORE
    You can see me here playing stuff: http://www.twitchtv/mynameiskog
  • Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    Koguma wrote: »

trololol

blind pick normals, instalock, never communicate always be a turtle

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    TalithTalith 変態という名の紳士 Miami, FLRegistered User regular
    instalock blind pick normals is the perfect practice for ranked. Adapting to all manner of bullshit is the true spirit of the game.

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • Options
    Joe KJoe K Registered User regular

trololol

Yeh, all those fucking trolls, ragers and leavers in DIamond....

• Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    Joe K wrote: »

trololol

Yeh, all those fucking trolls, ragers and leavers in DIamond....

yes

big trollin happin regularly in high diamond

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    KayKay What we need... Is a little bit of PANIC.Registered User regular
    Hey @surrealitycheck‌ what is the most swag and bi-winning way to build and play VIKTOR THE GLORIOUS EVOLUTION now?

ew9y0DD.png
    3DS FCode: 1993-7512-8991
  • Options
    Kay wrote: »
    Hey surrealitycheck‌ what is the most swag and bi-winning way to build and play VIKTOR THE GLORIOUS EVOLUTION now?

havent tried him yet

i imagine that actually rushing max level hex core + a lichbane will get you a surprisingly huge amount of ZE DAMAGES

basically it would depend on what you have in lane. if theyre gonna land shit on you in lane you need mr + fatness so a rod build could be legit

if ur feeling saucy you could go tear hexcore lichbane archangel and the bonus mana from lichbane + hexcore will do work

lichbane is pretty core because of the ZAPPING and you probably want some cdr in there somewhere. i have debated furor boots purely because it works lulzily with his q but they are, as ever, a huge fuckin waste of time so never buy them

but yeah i would not underestimate the power of getting a lichbane and flattening people. the deeps is real

i should probs test him but i havent played in a few weeks

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    KayKay What we need... Is a little bit of PANIC.Registered User regular
    Kay wrote: »
    Hey surrealitycheck‌ what is the most swag and bi-winning way to build and play VIKTOR THE GLORIOUS EVOLUTION now?

havent tried him yet

i imagine that actually rushing max level hex core + a lichbane will get you a surprisingly huge amount of ZE DAMAGES

basically it would depend on what you have in lane. if theyre gonna land shit on you in lane you need mr + fatness so a rod build could be legit

if ur feeling saucy you could go tear hexcore lichbane archangel and the bonus mana from lichbane + hexcore will do work

lichbane is pretty core because of the ZAPPING and you probably want some cdr in there somewhere. i have debated furor boots purely because it works lulzily with his q but they are, as ever, a huge fuckin waste of time so never buy them

but yeah i would not underestimate the power of getting a lichbane and flattening people. the deeps is real

i should probs test him but i havent played in a few weeks
    I was starting with Dorans, then either getting another couple, or Hexcore upgrade (Q).

Sheen early on, Deathcap and Void Staff, Lichbane, other stuff to taste.

Against an AD mid (Yasuo, Zed, Talon etc) I was getting an early Glacial Shroud then figuring if I wanted to go Frozen Heart (CDR + Mana OP) and Lichbane or Frozen Fist and Void Staff.

Pity Furor boots are crap. I like the idea behind them. I mainly spam Q->auto and chase/kite depending. Laser secondary burst seems suprisingly reliable given all the complaints about it. It comes out pretty damned quickly, totally unlike Vel'koz's.

but fanks 4 ur dope swag tips on LoLIronMan. Tony Stark op.

ew9y0DD.png
    3DS FCode: 1993-7512-8991
  • Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    Shhhhhhh blasphemy come on...

ftfy