As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Mighty Morphin Power Thread: where we of course talk about TMNT

• Options
    GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    When the world looks kind of of weird and you wish that you weren't theeeeere

just close your eyes and make believe, and you can be anywheeeeere!

Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

• Options
    PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    Zenith Megazord is my favourite, both the music when it forms and when it attacks is great.

zllehs wrote: »
    Since my last post and Chincys post I have been looking at SPD vids on youtube soooo....

WTF IS GOING ON HERE?!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0W0eTRd8O-Y

Oh nice, I'd forgotten that they start shooting before SPD morph (missing, of course).
    Goatmon wrote: »
    I could be misrembering, but I don't think it was a white dude.

edit: going over the wiki, I think it was Eric Myers.

Kinda, yeah. It's Time Force tech that he takes and uses for himself (from a dig site, if I recall), and he never officially joins the Rangers since he already has a private defence job, which I thought was neat.

• Options
    LorahaloLorahalo Registered User regular
    edited September 2014
    So I decided to start Gokaiger after that clip I was talking about and...it's fucking amazing. Their megazord is a giant flying pirateship that turns into a pirate. On the moon. Interestingly enough, some of the mooks also get biggified when they die. There's also been some cool moments, like when they all changed into various red rangers (including a female version of the red jungle fury outfit that looked kinda cool, especially since I don't like the jungle fury outfits). I'm not sure why randomly changing into different rangers is such a strong tactic, but it certainly looks fucking amazing.

Also said giant pirate has a fuck off huge cannon come out of its chest.
    EDIT: THE CANNON JUST TURNED INTO A FUCKING DRAGON

Lorahalo on
    I have a podcast about Digimon called the Digital Moncast, on Audio Entropy.
  • Options
    And Red's name is Captain Marvelous.

• Options
    PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    FINAL WAAAAAAAVE

• Options
    zllehszllehs Hiding in a box, waiting to strike.Registered User regular
    Zenith Megazord is my favourite, both the music when it forms and when it attacks is great.

Since my last post and Chincys post I have been looking at SPD vids on youtube soooo....

WTF IS GOING ON HERE?!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0W0eTRd8O-Y

Oh nice, I'd forgotten that they start shooting before SPD morph (missing, of course).

Yea the only thing worse than the shooting in power Rangers is the shooting in star wars the clone wars.

• Options
    I really want to watch Spd you guys with the Wolf man Ranger and the ragtag bunch of misfits who become power Rangers and HOLY SHIT IS THAT A CAT LADY?!

Is it up on YouTube or something?

• Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    I really want to watch Spd you guys with the Wolf man Ranger and the ragtag bunch of misfits who become power Rangers and HOLY SHIT IS THAT A CAT LADY?!

Is it up on YouTube or something?

its on netflix instant

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    RayzeRayze Registered User regular
    edited September 2014
    A few days ago I watched a Youtube video of all the PR theme songs and now I can't get the Lost Galaxy and Dino Thunder songs out of my head and have somehow mashed them together into one weird, catchy song

Rayze on
  • Options
    Rayze wrote: »
    A few days ago I watched a Youtube video of all the PR theme songs and now I can't get the Lost Galaxy and Dino Thunder's songs out of my head and have somehow mashed them together into one weird, catchy song

Dino Thunder is likely my favorite outside the original

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    I found out that the library has DVDs of the old ninja turtles series.

I am watching an episode where Baxter Stockman used a laser gun to shoot the disguises off of the turtles but do absolutely no harm to them.

Later he uses a different gun that shoots out a foot and a hand so he can steal a helmet.

What is this even.

• Options
    GonmunGonmun He keeps kickin' me in the dickRegistered User regular
    Bedlam wrote: »

I am watching an episode where Baxter Stockman used a laser gun to shoot the disguises off of the turtles but do absolutely no harm to them.

Later he uses a different gun that shoots out a foot and a hand so he can steal a helmet.

What is this even.

Welcome to the age of parents groups thinking the use of dangerous weapons in cartoons and kids shows could lead to violent behaviour. Heaven forbid they actually parent their children.

desc wrote: »
    ~ * swole patrol flying roundhouse kick top performer recognition: April 2014 * ~
    If you have a sec, check out my podcast: War and Beast Twitter Facebook
  • Options
    OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    Thanks to French TV channels showing them early, clips and spoilers of Megaforce's final episodes have been floating around the web. Anyone see any yet?

• Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    French TV reminded me to post this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rEf9unzJhr4

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    LBD_NytetraynLBD_Nytetrayn TorontoRegistered User regular

What is this even.

The latter was used in TMNTIV: Turtles in Time as well.

qjWUWdm.gif1edr1cF.gifINPoYqL.png
    Like Mega Man Legends? Then check out my story, Legends of the Halcyon Era - An Adventure in the World of Mega Man Legends on TMMN and AO3!
  • Options
    So while I was waiting for some stuff to download on my 360 I did some channel surfing and I watched a show called Tenkai Knights, about some kids who can teleport to a not-Lego universe and become heroes. Not something I'd dedicate myself to watching, but it amused me that while in our world, the heroes create a diversion macguffin with a 3D printer.

• Options
    edited September 2014
    Still watching Gokaiger, still awesome. I can't wait for the 6th guy to show up, because he will totally turn into 6th rangers which the series has been lacking. It's so disappointing when they turn into the mighty morphin (zyuranger) that GokaiGreen turns into the black ranger instead of green, since green was the 6th ranger.

Lorahalo on
  • Options
    Lorahalo wrote: »
    Still watching Gokaiger, still awesome. I can't wait for the 6th guy to show up, because he will totally turn into 6th rangers which the series has been lacking. It's so disappointing when they turn into the mighty morphin (zyuranger) that GokaiGreen turns into the black ranger instead of green, since green was the 6th ranger.

For some reason black and green are often interchangable

You usually only get them on the same team when there is only one woman

• Options
    Hah, this episode features the old red CarRanger. CarRanger was adapted into Turbo, and the Gokai turn into TurboRanger (a completely unrelated series) and the old Red Racer yells at them that they got the wrong rangers.

• Options
    I can totally see why Turbo turned out so poorly if CarRanger was anything like that episode. It's almost entirely a pure comedy/parody thing. I did enjoy that RedRacer was about 20 years older than everyone else.

• Options
    Lorahalo wrote: »
    I can totally see why Turbo turned out so poorly if CarRanger was anything like that episode. It's almost entirely a pure comedy/parody thing. I did enjoy that RedRacer was about 20 years older than everyone else.

Car ranger was a comedy series, yeah

Turbo very, very nearly killed power rangers

• Options
    DaMoonRulzDaMoonRulz Mare ImbriumRegistered User regular
    This episode of RPM is deeply troubling.

On one hand they're implying it's a TV show, but at the same time they're sticking to kayfabe.

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    That episode is worth it for the bloopers.

• Options
    Caught half of what I assume is a new episode of Megaforce today.
    Sorta weird in that they decided to follow the plot structure of the Gokaiger episode which gave the team access to the full power of the Dino Thunder keys when they probably didn't have to. Didn't like either the part with Gosei again tossing a handwave about how now they could use the Dino Thunder keys for a combination between the Zords. Feels again like it's just dropped on their lap for no reason unlike the source material where the team there earned the blessing of those who used the powers before. Plus have they ever said that Silver's Zord has a tie to the Dino Thunder team when they debuted it?

• Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    Silver is given his powers by three 6th rangers that had dinosaur-themed mecha, including one from Abaranger/Dino Thunder. I believe his mecha's three modes represent each of theirs?

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    Reynolds wrote: »
    Silver is given his powers by three 6th rangers that had dinosaur-themed mecha, including one from Abaranger/Dino Thunder. I believe his mecha's three modes represent each of theirs?
    I know that's how it goes in the source material. I'm just wondering if those same ties exist here.

• Options
    Speaking of the white Abaranger, I read up on his story recently. He was only officially part of the team for two episodes before his suit exploded. The sentai stories can be a little more hardcore than PR I guess.

• Options
    The GeekThe Geek Oh-Two Crew, Omeganaut Registered User, ClubPA regular
    I hope amazon gets more Surge in stock soon.

BLM - ACAB
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    Gonmun wrote: »

What is this even.

Welcome to the age of parents groups thinking the use of dangerous weapons in cartoons and kids shows could lead to violent behaviour. Heaven forbid they actually parent their children.

Its funny how a decent number f fans of the old-school TMNT cartoon didn't like Turtles Forever due to how goofy it made the 1980s turtles out to be.

I have to wonder what show they think they were watching back in the day.

Goatmon on

• Options
    The GeekThe Geek Oh-Two Crew, Omeganaut Registered User, ClubPA regular
    I was a huge fan of the old turtles toon and Turtles Forever was fantastic and yes the old room really was that goofy.

The 2000s TMNT toon was superior to the old one in every way.

BLM - ACAB
  • Options
    Lord HomsarLord Homsar Lord of Hammers Registered User regular
    I liked the 2003 TMNT series quite a bit more than the original, at least till they got sent to the future anyways. The Nickelodeon series is definitely my favorite of them all. I like the sheer amount of pop-culture references and little callbacks to previous incarnations.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Yeah I've been really surprised at how good the CGI turtles series is, although I only really saw season 1 and have been wanting to catch up for a while now.

• Options
    edited September 2014
    The Geek wrote: »
    I was a huge fan of the old turtles toon and Turtles Forever was fantastic and yes the old room really was that goofy.

I liked the voice work more in the original series.

The 2003 series did everything else better, though.

That isn't to say that the later series didn't have some decent voice acting in it, but I think their crew was a little too small and over the course of the series their cast was spread out really far.

Also I hated the way 2003 shredder sounded, especially in the earlier seasons.

Goatmon on

• Options
    edited September 2014
    Oh shit, I just noticed Nick has the entire second season up for streaming on their site.

I know what I'm watching tonight!

edit: I just got through episode 8 (or maybe 9, the order is slightly jumbled here) of season 2, THe Kraang Conspiracy.

This was.... a really fucking weird episode.
    April's trying to team up more with the turtles, and kind of slowing the team down because she has barely any expreience at it, and they find out some dude's been taking photos of them and april and has a baby picture of her and other kraang stuff

and APril apparently has psychic powers now

And they find out that the Kraang have a bunch of april clones in their facility and start releasing a bunch of them to stop them, including a giant mutant april that just goes "DERP DERP" and mikey called it April Derp, and then the real April apparently causes some kind of psychic explosion that knocks all the kraang out and then they find out she's apparently half krang?

what the fuck is this, I don't even

Goatmon on

• Options

Awwwww man I think I remember that one.
    Did it have a antihero named "Nobody"?

As in:

" who are you?! "
    ".... Nobody"

• Options
    I loved the late 90s live action TV ninja turtles.
    Just some of the worst shit on that show and it was great lol

I believe that was during fox's live action kids show phase sphere headed by the power Rangers and flanked by TMNT and the underrated Beetle Borgs

• Options

Awwwww man I think I remember that one.
    Did it have a antihero named "Nobody"?

As in:

" who are you?! "
    ".... Nobody"

Yes, it actually had a full on justice league analogue

• Options
    The 2003 turtles is far better than the original cartoon and the current one is better than both of them

• Options
    One of the very few tings I remember from the live-action TMNT series was that one of the villains was a Yeti who was a mobster.

Complete with a fancy suit.

That and the power rangers in space crossover.

• Options
    No better time to post this btw...

Power Rangers In Space - Meet the Turtles: http://youtu.be/228WvjzHtUA

Yes that is a 5th ninja turtle and yes she is a girl.