As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

METAL... GEAR?!

• Options
    -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    "The concept behind Quiet was nudity. A naked sniper"

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    Kojima "she is not a man. she is not chico"

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    There are exactly two things I wanna hear at this point

A release date for phantom pain and an announcement for Revengeance 2

I'm at the point where i really don't want to hear more about TPP, I just wanna play the damn thing

• Options
    ZandraconZandracon Registered User regular
    oh, kojima has a soundboard or whatever and he's messing with it

• Options
    miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
    edited September 2014
    nevermind, chat was freaking out about nothing

miscellaneousinsanity on
    uc3ufTB.png
  • Options
    ZandraconZandracon Registered User regular
    was an award they received or something like that

• Options
    miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
    doesn't seem there was a whole lot going on tonight

full version of sins of the father sounds pretty nice tho

uc3ufTB.png
  • Options
    VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    So was that it for TGS?

• Options
    Penguin IncarnatePenguin Incarnate King of Kafiristan Registered User regular
    edited September 2014
    Mr. G wrote: »
    Metal Gear's nanomachines are basically magic, and fultoning makes even less sense than they do

that's pretty funny because Fulton Recovery was a real thing
    So were the hover chairs from MGS3.

Penguin Incarnate on
  • Options
    WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular
    -Tal wrote: »

I can't tell if you're doing a -Tal here or not

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options

And actually this just raises a lot of questions in and of itself

Was this just a translation thing? Did Kojima refer to a theoretical transwoman as a man?

Actually what kind of language for genderqueer people even exists in Japanese?

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    Wyborn wrote: »

And actually this just raises a lot of questions in and of itself

Was this just a translation thing? Did Kojima refer to a theoretical transwoman as a man?

Actually what kind of language for genderqueer people even exists in Japanese?

For transwoman my dictionary provided ニューハーフ (nyūhāfu) which is a transcription of "new half" in English.

• Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    I'm stuck in the first part of act 5 in MGS4

Like if I trigger alert phase it might as well give me a game over screen right there.

• Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    That rooms real tricky, just keep at it and keep in mind that there are a LOT of routes through, so if something isn't working look for a different path

Also keep in mind that you can shoot gecko in the legs with tranquilizer to make them fall asleep without catching their attention

• Options
    I'm not sure I want to keep at it.

Like the game has been pretty forgiving up til now and that was what made it kinda fun and now it's just frustrating as all hell.

Seriously there is no way to cancel the alert.

• Options
    edited September 2014
    Fwiw act 5 is really short

Speed Racer on
  • Options
    I would hope so, as it is this one section is going to take me days to try to do, because I have to get through it without being seen and I find the stealth is this game frustrating and tedious.

• Options
    RenzoRenzo Registered User regular
    Chaff grenades totally confuse electronics. You should have a bunch of weapons at this point, or enough money to buy them. Doesn't the shop have a discount on Sundays?

I played it again not too long ago. I just fought my way through the alerts.

• Options
    edited September 2014
    Short as in that's the only stealth section in the act

Speed Racer on
  • Options
    Renzo wrote: »
    Chaff grenades totally confuse electronics. You should have a bunch of weapons at this point, or enough money to buy them. Doesn't the shop have a discount on Sundays?

I played it again not too long ago. I just fought my way through the alerts.

Drebin's Sunday discount is permanent once you hit act 5 because liquid crashed the war economy when he took over

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    edited September 2014
    act 5 is one stealth section, two boss fight and 4 hours of cutscenes

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    ah yeah, I have enough drebin points I suppose.

but the problem is I get seen by the first or second wave of guards, I can only find two rations in the level, and by the time I get the the end with the geckos I have gone through most of my first health bar.

Then the geckos just respawn.

• Options
    That's why you just tranq the geckos

Also I like the stealth in mgs4 :<

• Options
    Then again I've mentioned before how I really like my stealth games slow

Pretty sure I've always gotten the caterpillar medal in 4 because of how often I get through areas by playing dead and inch worming through the area

• Options
    tranq them while they are shooting me with what I assume are auto cannons?

• Options
    Uriel wrote: »
    tranq them while they are shooting me with what I assume are auto cannons?

Sure why not

• Options
    I didn't think that would work very well! and won't more still just hop in?

• Options
    The stealth sections in Act 5 are on the ship, right?

Because those were not stealthy for me at all.

No-scope 50cal sniper rifle all day.

• Options
    edited September 2014
    Watching metal gear scanlon and hearing Natasha talk about proper sniping technique

Kinda bugs me watching quiet running around with her rifle like a doofus

Speed Racer on
  • Options
    Yeah well Nastasha wasn't aware of Nightcrawler/Shadowcat lady.

• Options
    turtleantturtleant Gunpla Dad is the best.Registered User regular
    Uriel, the Rail Gun one-shots gecko's. Or anything else for that matter. Just buy a shitload of ammo for that and bring the lightning.

X22wmuF.jpg
  • Options
    not enough rations to go in guns blazing though.

I've only got the two that are in the level. that and the door is got the hatch lock like on the tanker, so if I try to open it the respawned geckos shoot me to death.

• Options
    lightning bolt action

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    TrippyJingTrippyJing Moses supposes his toeses are roses. But Moses supposes erroneously.Registered User regular
    tumblr_nc8sbsHezh1r2si3mo1_500.png

b1ehrMM.gif
  • Options

Oh Jesus this quote was real!!!

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    lightning bolt action
    alternatively, just breeze past everything
    (boss spoilers past the one minute mark)
    http://youtu.be/_Y9f7QTBH1A

uc3ufTB.png
  • Options
    Penguin IncarnatePenguin Incarnate King of Kafiristan Registered User regular
  • Options
    SimBenSimBen Hodor? Hodor Hodor.Registered User regular
    "I bet the Colonel's totally a Patriot"

Right after the President's scene. Damn.

sig.gif
  • Options
    ZayZay yes i am zay Registered User regular
    i started snake eater and judging by the first ten minutes here this is going to be the hardest metal gear game by far

sthbuf0g7b7y.png
  • Options
    ZayZay yes i am zay Registered User regular
    it's actually literally impossible to lose an alert in this game

sthbuf0g7b7y.png
This discussion has been closed.