As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Hearthstone] THIS THREAD IS DEAD. POST IN THE NEW ONE!

• Options
    Steel AngelSteel Angel Registered User regular
    Rius wrote: »
    Oh hey look Roz is playing, let's spectate him

We now can easily pass judgement on each other's games. Unless the watchee is playing secrets. I had no idea what MMMig's mad scientists actually were putting into play.

Still, a neat and easy to use feature.

Big Dookie wrote: »
    I found that tilting it doesn't work very well, and once I started jerking it, I got much better results.

Steam Profile
    3DS: 3454-0268-5595 Battle.net: SteelAngel#1772
  • Options
    MMMigMMMig Registered User regular
    Two things I learned today:

1. Antonidas now says "Ah ha!" when his ability kicks in.

2. It's an amazing feeling beating a priest on turn 15 when he had a 7-7 northshire cleric on turn 2 (that was out for 3 turns after the buff), had a rag out for 4 consecutive turns, and triggered both of your ice blocks.

The best part was drawing the exact card I needed on my last turn to have lethal after I Alex'ed his face (he MCed her instead of healing).

l4lGvOw.png
    Witty signature comment goes here...

wra
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    Rius wrote: »
    Oh hey look Roz is playing, let's spectate him

We now can easily pass judgement on each other's games. Unless the watchee is playing secrets. I had no idea what MMMig's mad scientists actually were putting into play.

Still, a neat and easy to use feature.

Did you see the last round?

^_____________________________________________________________________^'

a.k.a.
    4fd39cf5d1aba.png

MMMig on
    l4lGvOw.png

wra
  • Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    you can't mouse over secrets? I was mousing over cards and was glad for that

does it tell people when you stop spectating? I feel awkward about leaving when I feel a game is over

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    So It GoesSo It Goes We keep moving...Registered User regular
    So It Goes wrote: »
    I just started an arena on my ipad and there were no new cards in it

hm

Did you update the app?

Nope!

luckily this hunter deck is good enough to get 4 wins so far yay

• Options
    The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    PILOTED SHREDDER JUST PULLED MILLHOUSE MANASTORM 10/10 BEST CARD

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    RiusRius Globex CEO Nobody ever says ItalyRegistered User regular
    edited December 2014
    I kinda want to build a zoo deck with Sea Giants, and recombobulate them into Deathwings

Edit: I already have the Sea Giants, too.

Rius on
  • Options
    The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    Also, Piloted Shredder has pulled Vitality Totem twice in really clutch situations. I just got one vs. a druid in topdeck wars, and he had to kill it with hero power, so it was basically a "4/3 Deathrattle: Restore 12 health to your hero", which was really good since I was at 3 health.

Also topdecking execute by suicide an acolyte of pain into his ironbark helped.

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    edited December 2014

My first one had a Thalnos in it. And I got it to trigger Redemption.

Also, haven't played in two months but came back for free Arenas, went 13-6 in the two of them, including with a really bad Shaman deck that was too expensive and had two Bloodlusts but somehow worked for 7-3. It did have a bunch of really obnoxious taunt minions going for it. The untargetable 2/5 -> Sludge Belcher -> Sunwalker line of play gets people on tilt pretty quick.

EDIT: I think there's a lot of bad players out because of the free Arenas.
    EDIT2: Also I guess Ysera helps. Had Leeroy in the second one but he showed up less often/was too late because double Venture Co (often with BoK) is a hell of a drug.

enlightenedbum on
    Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
  • Options
    Finished that hunter arena with six wins and pulled a Velen out of the pack, trololol

Now to do my free one with even better cards!

• Options
    Variable wrote: »

does it tell people when you stop spectating? I feel awkward about leaving when I feel a game is over

No I didn't have any notification

"Variable has left the game gg lozer"

• Options
    November FifthNovember Fifth Registered User regular
    edited December 2014
    The Bad Day Ending to my last Arena Run

Mage pulled Jaraxxus out of the Unstable Portal. Then played the legendary Trogg.

GG.

November Fifth on
  • Options
    Ok, the first deck I want to build is an all-ogre warrior deck. So awesome.

• Options
    RozRoz Boss of InternetRegistered User regular

That is the dream!

• Options
  • Options
    enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    The interface did seem kind of borked. Playing a bomber when you want Fire Elemental is REALLY obnoxious.

Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
  • Options
    In that last game I hit a paladin with both an 8-attack Gurubashi and an 8-attack Flesheating Ghoul. Don't see that every day.

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    So It Goes wrote: »
    Variable wrote: »

No I didn't have any notification

"Variable has left the game gg lozer"

hahhaa, thanks

• Options
    Smaug6Smaug6 Registered User regular
    In Arena, I innervated out a Fel Reaver on turn 3. People have a weird obsession with making you mill as many cards as possible even when it means they are just eating 8 damage to the face every turn.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Smaug6 wrote: »
    In Arena, I innervated out a Fel Reaver on turn 3. People have a weird obsession with making you mill as many cards as possible even when it means they are just eating 8 damage to the face every turn.

I think if they have no answer it quickly becomes the only hope

I saw tides succeed in doing it just now

also early on there's gonna be a battle of whether it's worth playing and people who think it's not will probably over-focus on milling you down

• Options
    FrosteeyFrosteey Elaise 1521-2945-8940Registered User regular
    rpBVtsg.jpg

Spare part, return Healer to hand. A 1 mana and 2 mana card proceed to deal twenty damage.

Light of Naaru is like my favorite card. Light Wardens are so fun but just not worth the card. Until now...

• Options
    FrosteeyFrosteey Elaise 1521-2945-8940Registered User regular
    Well almost twenty : (

• Options
    YiliasYilias Registered User regular
    edited December 2014
    My 'summon a random 2 drop on deathrattle' minion pulled a Doomsayer and wiped my dominating board. GGWP.

Also, Mogor is totally useless but absolutely hilarious.

Yilias on
    Steam - BNet: Yilias #1224 - Riot: Yilias #moc
  • Options
    ShenShen Registered User regular
    Got King Krush in that free arena (the run was nothing to write home about), looked through the new cards to see if there was anything that would make him worthwhile but it doesn't look like it. Might as well keep him though.

Quite exciting to see these new cards in action, great way to get people hyped. I think the only card I'll craft (if I haven't managed to get one in the 20 packs I'll be buying with gold) is one Kezan Mystic.

3DS: 2234-8122-8398 | Battle.net (EU): Ladi#2485
    ladi.png
  • Options
    fedaykin666fedaykin666 Registered User regular
    Yilias wrote: »
    My 'summon a random 2 drop on deathrattle' minion pulled a Doomsayer and wiped my dominating board. GGWP.

Value with a sting! The odds of that particular catastrophe must have been around 1/50?

• Options
    DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    edited December 2014
    Via Reddit, Madder Bomber'd:

weLTFUm.jpg

Donnicton on
  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    turn 1 undertaker followed by five deathrattle minions huh

thanks for showing me your constructed deck, arena mage, it was neat

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    BethrynBethryn Unhappiness is Mandatory Registered User regular
    Shrinkmeister is really fun to play with. It almost always has a good use.

...and of course, as always, Kill Hitler.
  • Options
    JurgJurg In a TeacupRegistered User regular
    Bethryn wrote: »
    Shrinkmeister is really fun to play with. It almost always has a good use.

I already have a searing hatred for Shrinkmeister. It completely fucks all my plans.

Also this expansion is goddamn awesome.

sig.gif
  • Options
    GrobianGrobian What's on sale? Pliers!Registered User regular
    I could use more friends to spectate / be spectated, I primarily play EU but also a bit of NA. grobian#1937

• Options
    lwt1973lwt1973 King of Thieves SyndicationRegistered User regular
    Floating Watcher can get out of control so quickly with Warlock cards. Hellfire, Life Tap, Infernal. Yeesh.

"He's sulking in his tent like Achilles! It's the Iliad?...from Homer?! READ A BOOK!!" -Handy
  • Options
    azith28azith28 Registered User regular
    Played one arena draft and made the deck for a second last night. The first free one produced a decent warlock deck and i got to play with floating watcher (awesome card), fel cannon...demon heavy deck with 2 of the nax demon summoner cards. I started to really get a feel for warlock outside of a murloc deck and I think i really like it.

I didnt do all that great, only went 2-3 mostly due to a druid that had 2 dark whispers. but it was a fun deck to play around with.

Second draft was kind of dissapointing. i picked warrior and only got like 2 or 3 GnG cards offered to me, so its not a very exciting deck. I'll finish the run later.

Stercus, Stercus, Stercus, Morituri Sum
  • Options
    fedaykin666fedaykin666 Registered User regular
    I just played against a hunter in constructed who got Mallorne from a webspinner. I didn't realise GvG cards were already available as random summons, so that's cool.

• Options
    azith28azith28 Registered User regular
    Probably a bug, but cool :)

Stercus, Stercus, Stercus, Morituri Sum
  • Options
    chuck steakchuck steak Registered User regular
    Just noticed over half way through this match that I'm playing on a new board. Now to find all the things to click on before it ends.

• Options
    GoodKingJayIIIGoodKingJayIII They wanna get my gold on the ceilingRegistered User regular
    azith28 wrote: »

It's not, Brode confirmed that Webspinner can summon Malorne.

So, I'm sitting on about 1200 gold, but I'm still missing a lot of key expert cards. Do I buy a bunch of expert packs while it still makes sense or just hold on to what I've got?

I think I will hold out, since I'm probably going to spend some money on GvG as well, it'll just be that many more packs to purchase.

Battletag: Threeve#1501; PSN: Threeve703; Steam: 3eeve
  • Options
    KambingKambing Registered User regular
    azith28 wrote: »

Nah, not a bug. GvG is essentially "in" the game now; you simply can't obtain packs for them. If you play the nax hunter challenge, you can try to webspinner yourself a malorne for funsies.

@TwitchTV, @Youtube: master-level zerg ladder/customs, commentary, and random miscellany.
  • Options
    Just noticed over half way through this match that I'm playing on a new board. Now to find all the things to click on before it ends.

The new board is already in constructed as well.

I clicked all most of the things.

The top-right portal machine thingie has a different result based on the different combination of switches.

More clicking is needed.

l4lGvOw.png

wra
  • Options
    Sir FabulousSir Fabulous Malevolent Squid God Registered User regular
    Ah, there's nothing quite like three flamestrikes in a row ending your Arena run to make you want to just destroy all mankind.

pickup-sig.php?name=Orthanc

Switch Friend Code: SW-1406-1275-7906
  • Options
    Sir FabulousSir Fabulous Malevolent Squid God Registered User regular
    Quartermaster takes too much setup to work in arena.

Scarlet Purifier is great.
    It can sometimes wipe the board early game vs Loot Hoarders/Leper Gnomes/Explosive Sheep.
    It can help late game by weakening Sludge Belchers.
    And the stats are decent enough for it to function well even with it's ability.

pickup-sig.php?name=Orthanc

Switch Friend Code: SW-1406-1275-7906
This discussion has been closed.