As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[TECH THREAD] Fridge, Dishwasher, Stove and Washer/Dryer talk ONLY, please

• Options
    T4CTT4CT BAFTA-NOMINATED NAFTA-APPROVEDRegistered User regular
    how has nobody made snake for android wear yet

• Options
    brb about to make a million dollars

• Options
    webguy20webguy20 I spend too much time on the Internet Registered User regular
    Anybody checked out the microsoft band yet? I really like it. Looks like the samsung galaxy gear done right, and only $200. I might have to check it out and get some hands on.

Steam ID: Webguy20
    Origin ID: Discgolfer27
    Untappd ID: Discgolfer1981
  • Options
    jgeisjgeis Registered User regular
    If I have one complaint about the Galaxy Note 4, it's that I wish the home button was just a hair lower. I keep hitting the bottom of the screen when I try to hit the home button.

• Options
    Vann DirasVann Diras Registered User regular
    okay i need headphone help

i really like the ear pod things that come with iPhones now, but i've lost my most recent pair at work and i'm not entirely sure they weren't stolen so i'm looking for a cheaper alternative

i like that ear bud shape a lot, so that's the important bit. if it's got playback controls on the wire too that'd be rad but not required

• Options
    mcpmcp Registered User regular
    ok google.

it's november 3rd.

strap a nexus 9 to your fastest pigeon and aim it at my face.

• Options
    MetalbourneMetalbourne Inside a cluster b personalityRegistered User regular
    jgeis wrote: »
    If I have one complaint about the Galaxy Note 4, it's that I wish the home button was just a hair lower. I keep hitting the bottom of the screen when I try to hit the home button.

In the same vein, I'm glad for the otter box I have on this thing otherwise I wouldn't be able to hold it without touching the edges of the screen all the time.

• Options
    yessssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

my nexus 9 shipped

• Options
    NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    nooooo

mine hasn't :(

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • Options
    ArtreusArtreus I'm a wizard And that looks fucked upRegistered User regular
    I should.. find those trucks and intercept them so that I may have one

http://atlanticus.tumblr.com/ PSN: Atlanticus 3DS: 1590-4692-3954 Steam: Artreus
  • Options
    TankHammerTankHammer Atlanta Ghostbuster Atlanta, GARegistered User regular
    Artreus wrote: »
    I should.. find those trucks and intercept them so that I may have one

Let me know if you need any help.

• Options
    AtomicTofuAtomicTofu She's a straight-up supervillain, yo Registered User regular
    I bought a new 1st gen iPad Air for ~40% off, hooray for retailers needing to clear out stock

• Options
    AtomicTofu wrote: »
    I bought a new 1st gen iPad Air for ~40% off, hooray for retailers needing to clear out stock

good deal dot com

• Options
    Holy butts.

My nexus 9 is out for delivery.

Today.... Today will be a good day.

• Options
    mcp wrote: »
    Holy butts.

did you end up ordering either of the official cases for it (the keyboard or the origami cover)? I'm holding off on getting either until I read some impressions, especially the keyboard since it doesn't look like the keys are recessed enough not to make contact with the screen when closed

• Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    Vann Diras wrote: »
    okay i need headphone help

i really like the ear pod things that come with iPhones now, but i've lost my most recent pair at work and i'm not entirely sure they weren't stolen so i'm looking for a cheaper alternative

i like that ear bud shape a lot, so that's the important bit. if it's got playback controls on the wire too that'd be rad but not required

@Tef @minor incident

• Options
    Naphtali wrote: »
    Holy butts.

did you end up ordering either of the official cases for it (the keyboard or the origami cover)? I'm holding off on getting either until I read some impressions, especially the keyboard since it doesn't look like the keys are recessed enough not to make contact with the screen when closed
    I didn't. I want the keyboard, but I also want to see some reviews before I drop 130 bucks on it.

I might also just go cheap and get a 12 dollar tablet stand and a bluetooth keyboard from Amazon.

• Options
    The Google movies app on my phone updated, so I opened it to see the new layout.

When I opened it, Google gave me the movie Gravity for free.

Thanks Google!

• Options
    Woooooooo it's here already.

The reviews that said it feels dense were kinda spot on. I guess it's lighter than an iPad air, but it doesn't really feel like it. The build is super solid.

It's pretty as fuck. I want these brushed metal sides on my Nexus 5. The back is the same kind of rubberyish stuff the 5 has.

It's installing a system update right now, so I'll play with it in a bit.

The size is good. I can hold it in one hand fairly easily. If you have tiny hands though, you might have a hard time with that.

• Options
    maaaaaaaann this'll teach me from ordering from amazon instead of google to save on shipping

• Options
    HTC is apparently having some kind of flash sale and you can get one for half off.

I don't know how that works because I stopped reading because it made me mad.

• Options
    edited November 2014
    HTC is selling the Nexus 9 for half off right now (on their website). Good luck getting through though, I got to where it showed me an "Add to Cart" button but then the site timed out.

Edit:They're running deals every Tuesday starting at 12PM EST.

jgeis on
  • Options
    I ZimbraI Zimbra Worst song, played on ugliest guitar Registered User regular
    Now it's only $50 off instead of 50% off. I probably would have bought one for $199 even though I don't need a tablet at all right now.

• Options
    I Zimbra wrote: »
    Now it's only $50 off instead of 50% off. I probably would have bought one for $199 even though I don't need a tablet at all right now.

Yeah, I wasn't really looking at the Nexus 9, but at 50% off I was definitely down for getting one.

• Options
    dag nabbit

• Options
    Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    If my phone battery is dying super fast, like 2x the rate of my friend's 5 (I have a 5S) can anything be done

Will they replace it

poo
  • Options
  • Options
    only in the states, fuck this earth.

• Options
    After playing with it for a little while, yep this is exactly what I wanted. I am pleased.

• Options
    also it was only the 16GB model

so eh

• Options
    I went for lunch with the Sony rep yesterday and I don't really know how it performs but the Z3 tablet is really nice

it's lighter than my iPad air

it's such a weird shape though

• Options
    a5ehrena5ehren AtlantaRegistered User regular
    T4CT wrote: »
    I went for lunch with the Sony rep yesterday and I don't really know how it performs but the Z3 tablet is really nice

Did you play with the Z3 Compact?

Also, Google will do one-time out of warranty damage replacements for any Nexus 5 bought from the Play Store. Cracked my screen this weekend, should be getting my RMA later this week.

• Options
    I don't think I'm a huge fan of all email going to the gmail app in Lollipop.

It'll still separated of course, but I kinda liked having a separate app for my corporate email.

The email app is still there, but it just goes, `Hey, we use GMail for everything now. Click here to go there.'

• Options
    I don't think I'm a huge fan of all email going to the gmail app in Lollipop.

It'll still separated of course, but I kinda liked having a separate app for my corporate email.

The email app is still there, but it just goes, `Hey, we use GMail for everything now. Click here to go there.'

what if you installed a mail app from the play store, like K-9? does it still filter to gmail?

• Options
    Yeah, it looks like the accounts are self contained within that app.

So, that should be fine.

• Options
    a5ehren wrote: »
    T4CT wrote: »

Did you play with the Z3 Compact?

Also, Google will do one-time out of warranty damage replacements for any Nexus 5 bought from the Play Store. Cracked my screen this weekend, should be getting my RMA later this week.

Not yesterday but my buddy got one a few days ago

I will report back my findings

• Options
    Fuuuuuck wish that nexus 9 deal had landed in a day I had money

http://atlanticus.tumblr.com/ PSN: Atlanticus 3DS: 1590-4692-3954 Steam: Artreus
  • Options
    Oh fuck off HTC

"TIME IS TICKING TO SAVE 50% ON THE NEXUS 9

CLICK HERE TO BUY ONE"

:[ motherfuckers that shit's been sold out for an hour and a half, why you sending me this email now

• Options
    MetalbourneMetalbourne Inside a cluster b personalityRegistered User regular
    I found the best thing. Tell a note owner that their phone comes with a pencil and watch the vein in their forehead throb

• Options
    I don't get it.

This discussion has been closed.