As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[The Legend of Zelda] This thread got turned into a pink bunny, find the new one.

• Options
    BronzeKoopaBronzeKoopa Registered User regular
    So the bonuses you get from focus spirit are only active when you have magic meter? Like if you rack up enough KOs to get the last rare materials/weapons bonus you have to maintain focus spirit and try to kill captains without using the weak point down attack, which ends focus spirit?

Better start crafting focus spirit duration badges for my characters.

• Options
    Capt HowdyCapt Howdy Registered User regular
    Correct. It lasts until the final move of focus spirit. Example. When Volga's magic runs out, he does a circle killing everything in it. They all count.

Steam: kaylesolo1
    3DS: 1521-4165-5907
    PS3: KayleSolo
    Live: Kayle Solo
    WiiU: KayleSolo
  • Options
    jothkijothki Registered User regular
    Someday I need to look up what the multipliers on all the weapon skills actually are.

• Options
    skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    Maz-Maz- 飛べ Registered User regular
    Me after playing Hyrule Warriors for the first time in two months:

vWnHJbm.jpg

Add me on Switch: 7795-5541-4699
  • Options
    What the....? Volga is only lvl 96? This won't do. Think I'll 150 him tomorrow if I find the time.

For a sub 100 character, I had no issue beating divisive levels or the bottom left on Master Quest. Duder really is a supreme badass in the right hands.

• Options
    Jealous DevaJealous Deva Registered User regular
    So am I a terrible person for finding it really hard to get into ocarina of time because of the camera controls? Wind waker played great to me but I'm trying to go back and go through Oot having never done so before and it's awkward to the point of making it very hard to play.

• Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    I've played all 3D Zelda games the same way in regards to camera controls:

Don't fuck with the camera unless absolutely necessary. And then, try just tapping the L/Z button to center it behind you.

Generally speaking, Nintendo does a pretty good job of keeping the camera focused on what you need to be looking at. Moving the camera around usually only causes problems.

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    MNC Dover wrote: »

Don't fuck with the camera unless absolutely necessary. And then, try just tapping the L/Z button to center it behind you.

Generally speaking, Nintendo does a pretty good job of keeping the camera focused on what you need to be looking at. Moving the camera around usually only causes problems.

Unless we're talking about Wind Waker, where majestic, sweeping 360° camera motions are absolutely necessary when sailing.

• Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    You guys sold me on pressing on to that corner of the master quest map.

Holy hell that was awesome. 3,200 kills with Twili my first try, and got her up to 44. (I am so many many hundreds of levels behind you all). Plus, all the massive hordes of mooks kept her strong attack charging so insanely fast...

If it wasn't for double manhandla I might have made even more kills. But fuck Manhandla.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    Just focus spirit up and hit special attack on the next boss who gives you beef. It triggers auto diminish gauge.

• Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Capt Howdy wrote: »
    Just focus spirit up and hit special attack on the next boss who gives you beef. It triggers auto diminish gauge.

I can't break the weak points of two Manhandlas in one window (I MIGHT be able to with Impa, if I can line everything up right and use the normal special to extend the timer a couple times). I need to leave a bunch of pots around from earlier enemies to do it faster... but if I can't get both Manhandlas in each special the one I don't hit is going to rough me up.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    CantidoCantido Registered User regular
    I finished Twilight Princess. It was so excellent it almost makes me want to give Skyward Sword a second chance.

Almost.

3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767
  • Options

This seems true outside, but I'm in dodongo's cavern and it really seems like it wants to look at the ground a lot when I'm trying to jump across gaps, things like that. I turned off motion control and that seems to help a lot, though.

• Options
    VyolynceVyolynce Registered User regular

This seems true outside, but I'm in dodongo's cavern and it really seems like it wants to look at the ground a lot when I'm trying to jump across gaps, things like that. I turned off motion control and that seems to help a lot, though.

Motion control? As in, for the camera? On a 3DS?

Man... who ever thought THAT was a good option?

• Options
    edited February 2015
    Polaritie wrote: »

I can't break the weak points of two Manhandlas in one window (I MIGHT be able to with Impa, if I can line everything up right and use the normal special to extend the timer a couple times). I need to leave a bunch of pots around from earlier enemies to do it faster... but if I can't get both Manhandlas in each special the one I don't hit is going to rough me up.

I usually bottle them up at the door entrance so they line up. Then you can spam special or range attacks.

But taking one out will let you guard/block the seed attack much easier.

Edit - You can pre game the fight by killing off magic transport troops/dark Ganons but not taking the magic jars. Then you can run back and grab the jars, hit focus spirit, hit the auto diminish attack, rinse and repeat.

Capt Howdy on
  • Options
    Vyolynce wrote: »

Motion control? As in, for the camera? On a 3DS?

Man... who ever thought THAT was a good option?

Yeah its on by default on the 3ds version, really does some weird things, its only on when you hit L but it makes some weird camera movements sometimes especially since you still tap l to center the camera.

I'm getting used to it, just finished fighting the king dodongo. Still looking forward to having a c stick on new ds for majoras mask though.

• Options
    Raybies666Raybies666 Registered User regular
    Is it me or is Hyrule Warriors loading slower since the last update/DLC?

Beat me on Wii U: Raybies
    Beat me on 360: Raybies666

I remember when I had time to be good at games.
  • Options
    urahonkyurahonky Resident FF7R hater Registered User regular
    urahonky wrote: »
    Man ever since I read the changes the new patch is going to bring I have a hard time even playing HW.

Bwah? Level cap is getting raised. Best to 150 up your favorites in anticipation. Leave the lesser liked for the extra exp potions.

No I mean playing it now while I know the patch is around the corner.

• Options
    I haven't played this weekend. Yesterday was movie day with the kiddos. This morning was spent wasting 2 hrs not finding Amiibos.

And now its time to cook for the Superb Owl.

Get back to leveling Volga up tomorrow.

• Options
    Raybies666 wrote: »
    Is it me or is Hyrule Warriors loading slower since the last update/DLC?

Yeah, I've been noticing that as well.

• Options
    BarrakkethBarrakketh Registered User regular
    edited February 2015
    I've seen that posted on other forums as well...out of curiosity, if either of you have the physical copy does the game sound like it was loading while you're waiting for the "defeat" screen to come up in previous versions?

Barrakketh on
    Rollers are red, chargers are blue....omae wa mou shindeiru
  • Options
    Raybies666Raybies666 Registered User regular
    Barrakketh wrote: »
    I've seen that posted on other forums as well...out of curiosity, if either of you have the physical copy does the game sound like it was loading while you're waiting for the "defeat" screen to come up in previous versions?

I'm playing off the disk and I haven't noticed that.

Beat me on Wii U: Raybies
    Beat me on 360: Raybies666

I remember when I had time to be good at games.
  • Options
    klemmingklemming Registered User regular
    I don't know if it's something to do with having both a physical copy and stuff saved to memory, but both this and Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze seem to have much longer load times since I got the DLC/Updates for them (DKTR especially during the initial load, but HW is taking longer on every level)

Nobody remembers the singer. The song remains.
  • Options
    Raybies666 wrote: »
    Barrakketh wrote: »

I'm playing off the disk and I haven't noticed that.

Same here.

• Options
    What's the recommended level for the Twilight map? Most of my characters are in their 60s, but it seems a bit low.

• Options
    I've been having problems with a level 108 Link with master sword on some twilight maps. Everything hits so hard, especially if the map doesn't have a recommended element.

• Options
    Zombie HeroZombie Hero Registered User regular
    I am so far behind on the adventure maps. I still need to clear the first one and the MM comes out in a few days. Ahhhhhhh.

Time to just use Link only to clear all of the non restricted maps. Or sheik maybe for skulltulas.

Steam
    Nintendo ID: Pastalonius
    Smite\LoL:Gremlidin \ WoW & Overwatch & Hots: Gremlidin#1734
    3ds: 3282-2248-0453
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    Maz- wrote: »
    What's the recommended level for the Twilight map? Most of my characters are in their 60s, but it seems a bit low.

80 for easier levels, 120 for mid, and maxed out for the hardest levels.

MM DLC drops Friday, right?

Capt Howdy on
  • Options
    AvalonGuardAvalonGuard Registered User regular
    Late to the party I know but, (HW spoilers, just in case)
    unlocking Ganondorf was something I knew was coming. Playing him during the main campaign though, was not. Pardon me Gorons, but it's DEMON KING TIME.

So much fun.

• Options
    unlocking Ganondorf was something I knew was coming. Playing him during the main campaign though, was not. Pardon me Gorons, but it's DEMON KING TIME.

So much fun.

"Excuse me while I take over a keep in one attack." (one combo technically, but who's counting?)

• Options

Well, shit.

• Options
    IblisIblis Registered User regular

Thursday if I'm not mistaken.

Steam Account, 3DS FC: 5129-1652-5160, Origin ID: DamusWolf
  • Options

Well, shit.

Allow me to clarify. That's the levels I suggest if you're shooting for A rank. Some of the ones where you only need B or C can be accomplished at lower levels.

• Options
    CGHCGH Registered User regular
    Yeah, I have every TP map completed with more than half of them A ranked and I only had a few characters over level 80 for most of it (though I think Link and Ganondorf were both near or over 100 when I started). The majority of my characters were in the 60s and 70s while going through it. Some maps will just take forever at those lower levels.

• Options
    BarrakkethBarrakketh Registered User regular

So much fun.
    One of the best things about him is the chest opening animation.

Rollers are red, chargers are blue....omae wa mou shindeiru
  • Options
    CGH wrote: »
    Yeah, I have every TP map completed with more than half of them A ranked and I only had a few characters over level 80 for most of it (though I think Link and Ganondorf were both near or over 100 when I started). The majority of my characters were in the 60s and 70s while going through it. Some maps will just take forever at those lower levels.

Skill certainly plays into it. But I'm not that good with some characters. And getting hit from behind by some grunt for 4-5 hearts of damage wasn't cool.

• Options
    It doesn't help that going for the portals leads you to harder parts of the twilight map early. If your character doesn't have a 5 star, tier 3 weapon taking out even outpost captains can take a while. Also, there is an adventure mission where you get to fight against Twili Midna. Over on one of the western most portals, turned on midbattle cutscenes just this once to see her battle intro.

• Options
    CGHCGH Registered User regular
    Skill certainly plays into it. But I'm not that good with some characters. And getting hit from behind by some grunt for 4-5 hearts of damage wasn't cool.

Don't get me wrong, a lot of the missions are hard to A rank because of the damage you take. And I'm at the point where the 30 or so A ranks (and the rewards that go with a lot of them) I need probably do require me to grind levels because enemies have too much health otherwise. But for just progressing through the map as a whole B ranks will work most of the time and those are pretty easy to get even if you take 50,000 damage and 20 minutes to win. Whether that's fun or not is another story I guess.

Keep in mind that my Link is almost level 130 now since I did use him here and there to get through missions that were too tough for my lower characters. So I would recommend to have at least once crutch to lean on for that purpose.

I do think the amount of experience points you get in the Twilight map is rather low considering the step up in difficulty. Considering the game does expect you to be in the triple digits eventually, the fact that I can use a level 70 character for a whole mission and not gain a level seems a little off to me.

• Options
    Gotta say, the new apothecary mixtures are making grinding a lot more pleasant.
    You can't use more than one mixture at a time, can you? I assume you can't, but I don't want to risk throwing away a 50k material potion just to check if I can toss an XP potion in there too.