As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[The Legend of Zelda] This thread got turned into a pink bunny, find the new one.

• Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    A choice between walking and oh shit missle speed is most welcome . Meshes better with goron rolling too

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    RidleySariaRidleySaria AnaheimRegistered User regular
    Jeez my Amiibo hated me today. I got a total of 4 rupees and a 2 star dominion rod.

-- Switch friend code: 2978-3296-1491 -- PSN: RidleySaria -- Genshin Impact UID: 607033509 --
  • Options
    Maz-Maz- 飛べ Registered User regular
    More sales numbers, this time from an official source!

http://nintendoeverything.com/hyrule-warriors-ships-1-million-units-worldwide/
    Koei Tecmo has announced that its release of Hyrule Warriors has now shipped 1 million untits globally, with the possibility that the majority of those numbers are from the US.

At this time we have no data for Europe however we know that in its first month’s shipment alone of Hyrule Warriors we saw 190,00 units shipped in the US and another 100,000 in Japan.

Add me on Switch: 7795-5541-4699
  • Options
    Capt HowdyCapt Howdy Registered User regular
    Anyone figure out the point of Challenge Mode?

Steam: kaylesolo1
    3DS: 1521-4165-5907
    PS3: KayleSolo
    Live: Kayle Solo
    WiiU: KayleSolo
  • Options
    Ov3rchargeOv3rcharge R.I.P. Mass Effect You were dead to me for yearsRegistered User regular
  • Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    skeldare wrote: »
    HeraldS wrote: »
    Anyone know if they're doing a Majora's Mask special edition strategy guide like they did for LBTW? I have been looking but I haven't seen anything.

There's this

108662b.jpg
    http://www.gamestop.com/nintendo-3ds/strategy-guides/the-legend-of-zelda-majoras-mask-collectors-edition-official-strategy-guide/119586

$20.99 at Amazon.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    jothkijothki Registered User regular
    I'm tempted to start a rumor that beating the new version of Majora's Mask unlocks a mode where you take double damage and the dungeons are completely redesigned to be relatively straightforward.

• Options
    MechMantisMechMantis Registered User regular
    Ov3rcharge wrote: »
    Don't mind me just reminiscing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=shM4Mtm9sDo

Damnit that reminds me again.
    Skyward Sword should have ended with you slamming the Master Sword right back in the pedestal the opposite way you drew the Goddess Sword from it in the first place.

It would have made an already awesome game just that little bit better.

• Options
    Hello Zelda thread, how are you? Today I sold Hyrule Warriors and then I bought Hyrule Warriors. What did you do today?

Specifically, I sold my limited edition for 80€ and then bought a new copy for 35. Hooray for profit!

I didn't really need the scarf anyway and I kept the box in good condition, so I was able to sell it for more than I originally paid for it.

My new copy should get here tomorrow, just in time for the new DLC. I haven't played the game in two months because the Twilight Princess DLC hit at a really unfortunate time, i.e. a day before Smash and Pokemon. So tomorrow I'll have two full Adventure mode maps to catch up on..yikes.

• Options
    skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    BronzeKoopaBronzeKoopa Registered User regular

That 8-bit clocktown music on the new adventure map. Still weird that young Link's kokori sword is a huge two-handed weapon.

• Options
    WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular
    It's also weird how cutesy they made him

Kind of really weird

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    MEAT HAMMER! I MUST HAVE IT!

Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    GreasyKidsStuffGreasyKidsStuff MOMMM! ROAST BEEF WANTS TO KISS GIRLS ON THE TITTIES!Registered User regular
    Okay, that trailer made me almost want to start playing HW again

almost

• Options
    Eh. Two more characters I will only use when the game forces me to.

New map looks fun though.

• Options
    skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    Capt Howdy wrote: »

You will play as Tingle on every mission you can and like it mister!

Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    I actually hope the new map uses them, like how the Master Quest map used Cia/Volga/Wizzro a lot. I get that Midna and the Twilight Princess map released separate in Japan so they didn't connect them there, but I hope they do it here :P

Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options

That 8-bit clocktown music on the new adventure map. Still weird that young Link's kokori sword is a huge two-handed weapon.

0:35 irritates me so much.

• Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    edited January 2015
    Whoa. So Young Link's Focus Spirit is just a straight-up persisting Fierce Deity transformation?

That'll make Rack Up KO missions really interesting.

Also glad they worked the Skull Kid and Moon into the gameplay in at least one respect, by making them part of the Focus Spirit finisher.

Enlong on
  • Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Enlong wrote: »
    Whoa. So Young Link's Focus Spirit is just a straight-up persisting Fierce Deity transformation?

Also glad they worked the Skull Kid and Moon into the gameplay in at least one respect, by making them part of the Focus Spirit finisher.

The Moon was already in though.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    Polaritie wrote: »
    Enlong wrote: »

The Moon was already in though.

Okay, true.

So they worked the moon in for a fourth time.

edit:

Also, judging by that Focus Spirit aura, Young Link is Dark element.

We have achieved total Link saturation.

Enlong on
  • Options
    You know, watching Young Link again, he kind of looks shitty outside of Fierce Deity mode. His attacks look short and slow :( But I guess they didn't show much of them off either.

• Options
    Capt Howdy wrote: »

The characters and map can be purchased separately in Japan, with the expected design consequences.

I actually hate that it works like that. The neat thing about Cia, Volga, and Wizzro is that the game slots them into the DLC Adventure maps. Twili Midna feels like a black sheep, since there's no upgrades whatsoever for her.

• Options
    She does seem out of place. But she is a beast, attack wise.

Tingle and Toon Link don't look impressive, thus far. Thus far being the important words in that sentence, obviously. They could wind up being the most devastating attackers ever.

• Options
    klemmingklemming Registered User regular
    I'd like some kind of custom skirmish mode.
    Choose your battleground, choose allies and enemies (possibly with some weighting, so you can get bigger payoffs the stronger your enemy is), and go.
    It'd make farming a lot easier, too.

Nobody remembers the singer. The song remains.
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    Oh nice, you can now remove skills from a weapon, sell weapons in the smithy and find out what exactly a locked skill is. There are also potions that give increased experience, rupees and rare materials.

Young Link is interesting - he can convert his SP gauge into his magic gauge with a strong attack. He is Dark element, Tingle is Fire element.

Maz- on
  • Options
    Hope the increase rare material potions work better than the empty slot potions.

Loving the thought of removing skills I don't want. They really are giving this game 1st Class treatment.

• Options
    Removing skills is really expensive though. 300,000 per skill IIRC.

• Options
    Eh. Worth it. Sick of wasting money and time hoping for a 420 weapon with lots of empty slots. I'll drop some rupees if it means I can have my "perfect weapon".

• Options
    Maz- wrote: »
    Oh nice, you can now remove skills from a weapon, sell weapons in the smithy and find out what exactly a locked skill is. There are also potions that give increased experience, rupees and rare materials.

Young Link is interesting - he can convert his SP gauge into his magic gauge with a strong attack. He is Dark element, Tingle is Fire element.

Convert SP into Magic?

GG, Giant Bosses.

• Options
    klemming wrote: »
    I'd like some kind of custom skirmish mode.
    Choose your battleground, choose allies and enemies (possibly with some weighting, so you can get bigger payoffs the stronger your enemy is), and go.
    It'd make farming a lot easier, too.

Combine that with a progressive boss rush, and that'd be a nifty two modes for the final DLC.

• Options
    I don't know about progressive boss rush, but the unlockable Boss Rush is a pain in the ass.

• Options
    I'm thinking something more like the missions in Adventure mode. You're trapped in a room, and the game spawns in random captains, characters, and occasionally giant bosses in waves, with each wave becoming increasingly more powerful while dropping better loot.

• Options
    Sounds like what challenge mode should have been.

• Options
    Any know if the new update allows multiple VS Skills on a single weapon now?

I'd love a 450 with multiple VS skills.

• Options
    urahonkyurahonky Resident FF7R hater Registered User regular
    Man ever since I read the changes the new patch is going to bring I have a hard time even playing HW.

• Options
    urahonky wrote: »
    Man ever since I read the changes the new patch is going to bring I have a hard time even playing HW.

Bwah? Level cap is getting raised. Best to 150 up your favorites in anticipation. Leave the lesser liked for the extra exp potions.

• Options
    The WolfmanThe Wolfman Registered User regular
    Are there any good ways to level that are faster than 2 levels a run? I don't know how many more times I can do this stupid rewards map.

"The sausage of Green Earth explodes with flavor like the cannon of culinary delight."
  • Options
    Bottom left level of the Master Quest map. I average 4 levels a play. Sometimes get 6 level ups if I manage focus spirit properly.

• Options
    BillmaanBillmaan Registered User regular
    Yes, that map's great for leveling. Hang out by the stalchild that drops magic jars, and you can be in focus sprit mode almost the entire time.