As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[The Legend of Zelda] This thread got turned into a pink bunny, find the new one.

• Options
    Capt HowdyCapt Howdy Registered User regular
    edited February 2015
    CGH wrote: »
    Capt Howdy wrote: »
    Skill certainly plays into it. But I'm not that good with some characters. And getting hit from behind by some grunt for 4-5 hearts of damage wasn't cool.

I do think the amount of experience points you get in the Twilight map is rather low considering the step up in difficulty. Considering the game does expect you to be in the triple digits eventually, the fact that I can use a level 70 character for a whole mission and not gain a level seems a little off to me.

Agreed. But getting two materials per kill is a nice bonus. Oddly, I don't always get two materials. I haven't figured out what gets you 2 instead of 1. But I love getting two.
    klemming wrote: »
    Gotta say, the new apothecary mixtures are making grinding a lot more pleasant.
    You can't use more than one mixture at a time, can you? I assume you can't, but I don't want to risk throwing away a 50k material potion just to check if I can toss an XP potion in there too.

I haven't gotten the update (Okay, USA), but you can only have one potion, historically.

@MNC Dover would know the answer.

Capt Howdy on
    Steam: kaylesolo1
    3DS: 1521-4165-5907
    PS3: KayleSolo
    Live: Kayle Solo
    WiiU: KayleSolo
  • Options
    Maz-Maz- 飛べ Registered User regular
    Yeah, you can only have one active at any time.

But yeah, grinding is a lot easier with it. Depending on which character I use, I've gotten up to 10 levels during one battle in the bottom left square of the Master Quest map.

Add me on Switch: 7795-5541-4699
  • Options
    klemmingklemming Registered User regular
    I still have to reach that square.
    I seem to be trapped in the initial group of squares, and my only ways out need items to reveal the enemies (which I don't have).
    The only way to get them items I need is through a stage that requires Agitha.

My Agitha is level 24, and only has tier 1 weapons.

It looks like it's gonna take a lot of grinding before I can start doing a lot of grinding.

Nobody remembers the singer. The song remains.
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    Use the 2 player cheat and cheese the level with your favorite level destroyer.

Or just find someone to play as player 2.

Whichever.

Capt Howdy on
  • Options
    skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    McFlynnMcFlynn Registered User regular
    edited February 2015
    Mountains, mole hills.

I'm not saying that's not an improvement, but thats the best change they were waiting to reveal?

McFlynn on
  • Options
    RidleySariaRidleySaria AnaheimRegistered User regular
    I appreciate the change. Annoying interruptions, like from E. Gadd in Luigi's Mansion 2, have stopped me from playing what were otherwise enjoyable games.

-- Switch friend code: 2978-3296-1491 -- PSN: RidleySaria -- Genshin Impact UID: 607033509 --
  • Options
    Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    Grabbed Link's Awakening as a Club Nintendo reward. Hyrule Warriors DLC drops tomorrow. And Majora's Mask comes out next week.

Yep. Its a good month for this Zelda fan.

• Options
    I really like the new Challenge battles on the Termina map. Much better than those on the Twilight Map.

• Options
    Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    edited February 2015
    Warlock82 on
    Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    Maz- wrote: »
    I really like the new Challenge battles on the Termina map. Much better than those on the Twilight Map.

How so?

• Options
    Warlock82 wrote: »

If I buy this will they eventually release the Star Fox comic?

• Options

How so?

I haven't explored a whole lot of the map so far since I'm way too low level for it, but the ones I've seen so far have mostly been races - collect more rupees than your rival, score more KOs, capture more keeps etc.

• Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular

McFlynn wrote: »

I would wager yes since Starfox is likely out in september and this is gonna be huge with manga fans and Zelda fans

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    McFlynn wrote: »

I would wager yes since Starfox is likely out in september and this is gonna be huge with manga fans and Zelda fans

Good. I've pre-ordered this one. I never did see this entire thing since I missed a few Nintendo Powers.

Thank you keeping the thread posted on this, I probably would have missed it altogether.

McFlynn on
  • Options
    Kid PresentableKid Presentable Registered User regular
    Somewhere in my parents' house, some old hardcover version of that comic exists. Or it should, anyway. I don't remember where I got it, maybe directly from Nintendo Power somehow? Did they have like a yearly catalogue? I remember something like that existing.

I should try to find it.

• Options
    edited February 2015
    There's one of those "Defeat 1000 enemies in 10 minutes" battles on the Twilight map and I feel like using the potion that powers up your items throughout the whole battle on it. What item would be the best choice to use, bombs or the bow?

Maz- on
  • Options

How so?

I haven't explored a whole lot of the map so far since I'm way too low level for it, but the ones I've seen so far have mostly been races - collect more rupees than your rival, score more KOs, capture more keeps etc.

Damn that sounds fun.

No clue on the items. I find bombs are great for crowds, but I have Gabon's combo for crowds. Arrows are great for all attacks are devastating.

• Options
    Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    Hold up. Maps affect Network Link Levels? Adventure Map is all 150 network links. Same with Master Quest Map. All lvl 150 network links.

But Twilight Map is different. 3 Network Links, and none over lvl 80. I powered off the system and tried again with basically the same results. First maps are maxed out Links. Twilight Map are still all sub 80.

Weird.

Capt Howdy on
  • Options
    Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    CGHCGH Registered User regular
    edited February 2015
    Does anyone know what network Link levels even mean? I've done a mission with a network link of level 70 or so, and then immediately after did a level 150 one, same mission type, and there was no difference in difficulty. They were both easy in that enemies had little health. At the time I was using a character around level 60.

While on that subject, the first network Link mission I ever did involved a seemingly never ending supply of Midna's labeled at fortifier captains. I tried by best but got overwhelmed eventually. I haven't run into that mission type again, so I was just wondering if anyone else has done one similar. The way it was playing out I thought something might have glitched but I assume that wasn't the case. It almost scared me away from doing more of those missions.

CGH on
  • Options
    CGH wrote: »
    Does anyone know what network Link levels even mean? I've done a mission with a network link of level 70 or so, and then immediately after did a level 150 one, same mission type, and there was no difference in difficulty. They were both easy in that enemies had little health. At the time I was using a character around level 60.

While on that subject, the first network Link mission I ever did involved a seemingly never ending supply of Midna's labeled at fortifier captains. I tried by best but got overwhelmed eventually. I haven't run into that mission type again, so I was just wondering if anyone else has done one similar. The way it was playing out I thought something might have glitched but I assume that wasn't the case. It almost scared me away from doing more of those missions.

I think nothing. It's just the level of that person's highest level character. You might get "harder" maps in the pool with higher level guys tho.

Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    DaveTheWaveDaveTheWave Registered User regular
    What's the gist of that review?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    That its a great game with some new additions that will probably help people. He loves the updated graphics and smooth frame rate. The benefits to the changes made are obvious, but he fears the game won't be a challenge for the old hard core MM fans.

• Options
    physi_marcphysi_marc Positron Tracker In a nutshellRegistered User regular
    No Zelda game is a challenge to any long time player. Except perhaps Adventure of Link.

Switch Friend Code: 3102-5341-0358
    Nintendo Network ID: PhysiMarc
  • Options
    Jam WarriorJam Warrior Registered User regular
    I'm not massively excited for MM3D becuase I'm in any way expecting a challenge. I'm looking forward to going through the well practiced motions with an old friend I haven't seen in years. Who has also had a face lift. And now fits in my pocket? I think I lost grip of this analogy.

Point being, excited.

MhCw7nZ.gif
  • Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    Does MM3D have a Hero Mode?

• Options
    klemmingklemming Registered User regular
    Ooh, evil idea for MM Hero Mode; you permanently lose a heart container each time you go back in time.
    I bet someone could do this with a romhack.

Nobody remembers the singer. The song remains.
  • Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Ooh, evil idea for MM Hero Mode; you permanently lose a heart container each time you go back in time.

No.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    MM Hero Mode should be that the Song of Double Time is active 100% of the time, and you cannot slow down time :P

• Options
    UncleSporkyUncleSporky Registered User regular

This might be less hardcore, but maybe quarter hearts at a time, represented by a different color starting from the far end of the heart meter - they won't fill up past that line. And then there could be some rare mechanic in-game to recover it. Maybe you can only do it once, halfway through the game.

Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
  • Options
    Whoa. I really like the VS competition on the Termina map. Nice change up.

• Options
    urahonkyurahonky Resident FF7R hater Registered User regular
    I'm streaming the new DLC at twitch.tv/urahonky if you guys are interested in watching Tingle beat a bunch of guys up.

• Options
    Wonder what the experience multiplier is on the Exp potion. I only gained 2 levels more than I usually do. Only italicized since that's still 10 extra levelups per 5 matches.

And hallelujah for the weapon skill options. So long Rupees+, hello VS undead. Your time is next, hearts+.

• Options
    urahonky wrote: »
    I'm streaming the new DLC at twitch.tv/urahonky if you guys are interested in watching Tingle beat a bunch of guys up.

It says you are offline.

• Options
    BillmaanBillmaan Registered User regular
    Supposedly the EXP potion gives double experience, but doesn't stack with the EXP+ weapon mod (which gives something like 25% extra).

• Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Ruto's new costume on the MM map? GAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    urahonkyurahonky Resident FF7R hater Registered User regular
    urahonky wrote: »

It says you are offline.

Oh? That's strange. I've had people drop by already.