As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[WOW] WARLORDS OF DRAENOR: Wait, do I need to feed my entire Garrison on Thanksgiving ?

• Options
    NobodyNobody Registered User regular
    Madican wrote: »
    I don't like the undead storyline because to me it robbed the worgen storyline. Worgen spend all their time watching the fall of Gilneas, striking back against the Forsaken to reclaim Gilneas, and then Sylvannas bombs everything and everyone leaves. Cue the Forsaken storyline involving everyone who never left and having such minor things as the rest of Gilneas taking the fight to the Forsaken in Silverpine, Sylvannas being killed and then resurrected, the whole damn background to what's going on in Shadowfang Keep, and other really inconsequential things of that nature.

I was angry when I saw that, because to me it seemed as though Blizzard had put a ton of effort into the goblin storyline to the finish and then completely blew off the worgen to go do nothing in Darnassus for the rest of the expansion and the one after it. Greymane? Who's that? Want the last bit of an Alliance race's story? Roll Horde is what they said.

I think Blizzard's problem with the Worgen storyline (and, well, Cata overall), is that they had no idea that people didn't like to faction hop, they liked to stick with a faction. They seemed absolutely stunned at the reaction to the Worgen story and the Thrall bits near the end.

• Options
    FairchildFairchild Rabbit used short words that were easy to understand, like "Hello Pooh, how about Lunch ?" Registered User regular
    As I recall, the Worgen storyline was one of those that Blizzard planned to wrap up via raiding and/or battlegrounding, but never pulled the trigger on those plans and so left it hanging in the air.

• Options
    HalfmexHalfmex I mock your value system You also appear foolish in the eyes of othersRegistered User regular
    Supposedly they nerfed Rageface's Face Rage ability a few days ago, but it sure as hell doesn't feel like it. I'm getting killed in about five to six seconds by it on 25N Firelands. Pretty much impossible to solo Shannox at this point, unless there's something I'm missing. Did it fine before they "fixed" the legacy content damage the first week of the patch.

• Options
    SamphisSamphis Registered User regular
    I've just been doing it on 10 for now. You can always switch it to 25 after Shannox is down. I assume you'll be able to burst Rageface down at 100.

• Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    There's a battle for gilneas battleground, but it's just a typical capture the flag map or something like that

• Options
    Cilla BlackCilla Black Priscilla!!! Registered User regular
    Would love to finish my alt's judgment transmog before wod but I'm current 0/17 for the pants on Rag

• Options
    HalfmexHalfmex I mock your value system You also appear foolish in the eyes of othersRegistered User regular
    Samphis wrote: »
    I've just been doing it on 10 for now. You can always switch it to 25 after Shannox is down. I assume you'll be able to burst Rageface down at 100.

At least as of right now, at level 100 with raid gear on that seems to be the case - you can burst RageFace down fast enough. At 100 with quest gear on though, nope. He doesn't die fast enough to prevent him from using that ability and it lasts a stupifying 30 seconds, pretty much guaranteeing your death unless you have some dots or some way to get out of the knockdown/stun.

Dumb, but not entirely unexpected from Blizzard at this point. "Nerf fun" indeed.

• Options
    NumiNumi Registered User regular
    The dps race on rageface in 25N is pretty tight but it is doable depending on class and gear. My little destro lock at 566 was able to burst him down before the pounce move, though on one attempt it was so close that he actually did the move and died 3 seconds later to the observer.

If you want something completely broken I recommend trying Anub'arak in 25H ToC, phase 3 has him healing for half a million hp or so every single tick.

• Options
    edited October 2014
    Yeah 25mH Anub'arak needs some tweaking really really bad. Impossible to solo unless you've got some unreal burst for the last 30%.

Cilla Black on
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    Oh yeah, some classes can do it without issue for sure, but others are pretty well fucked, and even those who do need to be at least decently geared. And yeah I tried Anub the other day and noticed that ridiculous heal. Oh well.

They really just need to get a better handle on how to distribute legacy raid gear, since people are only running these things (or at least primarily running them) for transmog content, achievements and mounts. Rather than having to go back and tweak abilities to make them manageable for solo/small groups, just put the gear on a vendor and charge (X amount of relevant expansion currency). Boom. Done. You give people a reason to stick around and there's no need to dick with tweaking Minion JimBob's random ability used against a 7 person flex group on a cloudy Tuesday in April. There are a silly amount of variables to try to plan around with 10 years of raid content and 10 more in the pipeline.

Halfmex on
  • Options
    Yeah 25mH Anub'arak needs some tweaking really really bad. Impossible to solo unless you've got some unreal burst for the last 30%.

Remember that the amount he heals is actually based off the percentage of health he steals from you. It's ten percent of your current health every second. So if you stay at full health, and he steals ten percent of your max health, he's going to heal ten percent of HIS max health, which makes it impossible to solo. You have to let him chip you down to where the amount the health leech is stealing is small, so you can get him down the last few percentage points. It's not difficult, but he's not zergable.

• Options
    Also I don't really see the point in complaining about blizzard for nerfing the ability to trivialize heroic 25 man cataclysm content. It wasn't a bad move. It'll be trivial next expansion. Right now, heroic 10 man is trivial, which is more than you can say for some classes pre squish. This is better by quite a lot than we've gotten in previous expansions.

And they've been going back and working on stuff so it is easier to solo. Constantly. If you can't do 25 man, do 10 instead, and be happy you are probably better able to than before 6.0. "Not entirely unexpected from Blizzard." What does that even mean. They want us to solo old content, but it isn't absurd to still have a cap on just how much you're able to do before reaching a certain level of power that will be available in 2 weeks.

• Options
    KamarKamar Registered User regular
    I might have a problem. A transmogging problem. Took my paladin from 'unmogged Timeless Isle' to this over the last few hours.
    EuOFYx1.png

Really, really want tabards as account-wide unlocks. Then I could grind out the better Argent Crusade tabard and have it for all these mogs I'm doing in white and gold.

• Options
    Also I don't really see the point in complaining about blizzard for nerfing the ability to trivialize heroic 25 man cataclysm content. It wasn't a bad move. It'll be trivial next expansion. Right now, heroic 10 man is trivial, which is more than you can say for some classes pre squish. This is better by quite a lot than we've gotten in previous expansions.

And they've been going back and working on stuff so it is easier to solo. Constantly. If you can't do 25 man, do 10 instead, and be happy you are probably better able to than before 6.0. "Not entirely unexpected from Blizzard." What does that even mean. They want us to solo old content, but it isn't absurd to still have a cap on just how much you're able to do before reaching a certain level of power that will be available in 2 weeks.

It means they're prone to boneheaded decisions from time to time. Like the one they made the week of the patch. It's two-expansion old content (or will be, as you said, in two weeks) and it was fine having it be easily soloable for the entire duration of the beta and into 6.0 release, they just make a decision to re-tune it in such a way that it makes it more difficult than it needs to be.

And honestly it would be less of an issue (to me at least) if the entire raid were that difficult, but it isn't. Literally the only thing that poses anything approaching a threat is that one minion of one boss, and even that's only threatening because of one broken ability - one which made sense for a raid, but vastly less so for a solo player. And nearly every raid has one of those bosses. ICC has Dreamwalker, Ulduar had Thorim (until they changed it towards the end of beta) and, at least as of a week or so ago, Algalon who just despawns at 10%, Firelands has RageFace, and on and on. And again, I get that it's probably very low on the list of priorities to fix a single boss/boss ability to facilitate soloability for transmog purposes, so I'm not going to hold my breath. I'd just personally rather see those pieces of gear (or their stat-free equivalents) be made available without having to go in and mess with old raids on a week-long lockout. Stick them on a vendor, make the price of the pieces such that people won't just get everything in a week and it's fine. The raids would still be there for anyone wanting to revisit them and Blizzard wouldn't have to go back and tweak values on archaic raid mechanics to match whatever new system they've rolled into the game.

• Options
    Kamar wrote: »
    I might have a problem. A transmogging problem. Took my paladin from 'unmogged Timeless Isle' to this over the last few hours.
    EuOFYx1.png

Really, really want tabards as account-wide unlocks. Then I could grind out the better Argent Crusade tabard and have it for all these mogs I'm doing in white and gold.

It's definitely going to happen, they've said it's going to happen

• Options
    SmrtnikSmrtnik job boli zub Registered User regular
    I soloed Algalon fine last week, save your cooldowns for the end.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    I did Algalon for funsies on my DK. Blew everything and wrecked him.

Also tabards and also shirts need to be in a new tab because seriously Brawlers Guild gave me so many shirts.

• Options
    Cool, maybe they fixed him then. As soon as he'd get to 10% the encounter would reset, every time, didn't matter what I did. I'll give it another shot.

On another note, I keep seeing people say that they thought WoW was ending after this expansion - was that a rumor that went around that I missed somehow? I remember the purported "leaked" product release schedule back in TBC/Wrath, but I don't recall reading that they were planning on not releasing content after level 100. Yet I keep seeing people say things like:
    another 10? Arent they stopping expansions soon? Which would mean WoW would be over soon after

They must've gotten that idea from somewhere, but I don't recall ever reading it.

• Options
    I can't look at it myself because I'm at work, but Blizzard pretty recently put in an item retrieval thing, right? To restore previously deleted items? Any idea how far back that goes? I definitely got rid of a bunch of toys over the years due to bank space constraints, several of which are not in the game anymore.

• Options
    PapaganderPapagander Registered User regular
    @Halfmex‌ it was probably just a kind of urban rumor but I remember all my friends telling me they were ending WOW at lvl 100. These were the same people that were floored when it was announced that WOD was lvl 90-100 though, because they thought there would be one more expansion (and that this last expansion would be Burning Legion).

“There are no happy endings, because nothing ends.” ... also, "Ah, turn blue!"
    XBOne | LyrKing
  • Options
    SaldonasSaldonas See you space cowboy...Registered User regular
    Javen wrote: »
    I can't look at it myself because I'm at work, but Blizzard pretty recently put in an item retrieval thing, right? To restore previously deleted items? Any idea how far back that goes? I definitely got rid of a bunch of toys over the years due to bank space constraints, several of which are not in the game anymore.

The un-delete is for characters only, not items, unless I missed a memo?

Well hell, what do you know: https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/battle-net-item-restoration
    I'm curious how far back it goes.

Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/carthuun
    Switch: SW-1493-0062-4053
  • Options
    EnclaveofGnomesEnclaveofGnomes Registered User regular
    Halfmex wrote: »
    Cool, maybe they fixed him then. As soon as he'd get to 10% the encounter would reset, every time, didn't matter what I did. I'll give it another shot.

On another note, I keep seeing people say that they thought WoW was ending after this expansion - was that a rumor that went around that I missed somehow? I remember the purported "leaked" product release schedule back in TBC/Wrath, but I don't recall reading that they were planning on not releasing content after level 100. Yet I keep seeing people say things like:
    another 10? Arent they stopping expansions soon? Which would mean WoW would be over soon after

They must've gotten that idea from somewhere, but I don't recall ever reading it.

There was a leaked expansion list years ago that turned out to be accurate to a point...which was up to pandaria I think.

At any rate the fact that even if true plans change is something that absolutely baffles people.

• Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular

There was a leaked expansion list years ago that turned out to be accurate to a point...which was up to pandaria I think.

At any rate the fact that even if true plans change is something that absolutely baffles people.

Nah, that list in its original incarnation was wrong. It just got updated over the years and put forth as "leaked" to the point where no one remembers the previous incarnations and they just see the one that looks like it was accurate.

• Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    edited October 2014
    the 'ending WoW at X level' pops up every time they announce a new level cap

they will keep making expansions as long as people are buying them

Eat it You Nasty Pig. on
    NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • Options
    kaidkaid Registered User regular

God yes the amount he was healing from me and my buddy doing that fight was stupid eventually had to downgrade it to 10 man version which we killed fine.

• Options
    PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular

Wonder if they'll ever need to do a level squish.

persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • Options
    NumiNumi Registered User regular
    kaid wrote: »

God yes the amount he was healing from me and my buddy doing that fight was stupid eventually had to downgrade it to 10 man version which we killed fine.

I had to downgrade to 25m normal and that was doable, he healed but not going from 30% to 100% near instantly like in heroic.

Monks blackout kick has turned out to flat out bonkers in old content as it heals you for 30% of the damage done which in old content turns out to be like getting a lay on hands every two ticks. It was pretty messed up standing in front of Anub'arak and slowly grinding him down when your hp suddenly shoots from 10% to 100% because you hit BoK and he gets a 1-2m heal before your hp drops back down and you go back to grinding that down.

• Options
    edited October 2014
    Numi wrote: »

I had to downgrade to 25m normal and that was doable, he healed but not going from 30% to 100% near instantly like in heroic.

Monks blackout kick has turned out to flat out bonkers in old content as it heals you for 30% of the damage done which in old content turns out to be like getting a lay on hands every two ticks. It was pretty messed up standing in front of Anub'arak and slowly grinding him down when your hp suddenly shoots from 10% to 100% because you hit BoK and he gets a 1-2m heal before your hp drops back down and you go back to grinding that down.

Likewise, Leeching Poison for rogues pretty much means you'll never die, ever ever ever. I had to turn it off since it was causing a war of attrition that literally would not end

Javen on
  • Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    man, I'd forgotten how much I liked the colors on the LFR shaman set this tier

I really don't wanna do LFR to get it though ><

NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • Options
    man, I'd forgotten how much I liked the colors on the LFR shaman set this tier

I really don't wanna do LFR to get it though ><

You can queue for previous LFRs in WoD, so if you're cool with waiting, you can probably put together steamroll groups using the group finder at level 100

• Options
    SamphisSamphis Registered User regular
    edited October 2014

Actually....

Just take off all your gear, then put it back on immediately before the pull (which will drastically lower your HP) and burst him down. His healing is based off of your CURRENT HP, not your max. If you're low on health at the start, you'll be fine. Then again, that's how I did it on a 583 Ret Paladin with drums and tons of extra consumable buffs. I can't speak to less bursty classes.

Samphis on
  • Options
    Slayer of DreamsSlayer of Dreams Registered User regular
    PMAvers wrote: »

Well, there was a comment made by some blizzard person in an interview recently that said something to effect of them having another 5 expacs planned already. And them "ending WoW" would be the dumbest business decision to ever make, since it single handedly is funding -all- of their game development costs right now for -all- of their franchises, plus being able to just cancel 2 years worth of development on a game without having any kind of significant financial hit at all.

I keep seeing rumors that level 100 is going to be the highest level for WoW, so I can see them doing a "level squish" like they did for the stats, where they just rest it back to vanilla levels after WoD, where max level becomes 50 or 60, and everything else gets scaled to fit within that level range and still be appropriate. Another thing that fits with that rumor is another that they're thinking about making TBC and Wrath content fill the same level range, so you can pick which set of content you want to level up using instead of TBC being for 60 to 70 and wrath being 70 to 80, where both cover 60 to 80 and you can just choose which to do.

Steam: Slayer of Dreams / BladeCruiser / (EHJ)BooletProof
    R*SC: BladeCruiser
    Check out my GTAV-PC custom race tracks inspired by real life racing circuits!
  • Options
    DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular

It means they're prone to boneheaded decisions from time to time. Like the one they made the week of the patch. It's two-expansion old content (or will be, as you said, in two weeks) and it was fine having it be easily soloable for the entire duration of the beta and into 6.0 release, they just make a decision to re-tune it in such a way that it makes it more difficult than it needs to be.

And honestly it would be less of an issue (to me at least) if the entire raid were that difficult, but it isn't. Literally the only thing that poses anything approaching a threat is that one minion of one boss, and even that's only threatening because of one broken ability - one which made sense for a raid, but vastly less so for a solo player. And nearly every raid has one of those bosses. ICC has Dreamwalker, Ulduar had Thorim (until they changed it towards the end of beta) and, at least as of a week or so ago, Algalon who just despawns at 10%, Firelands has RageFace, and on and on. And again, I get that it's probably very low on the list of priorities to fix a single boss/boss ability to facilitate soloability for transmog purposes, so I'm not going to hold my breath. I'd just personally rather see those pieces of gear (or their stat-free equivalents) be made available without having to go in and mess with old raids on a week-long lockout. Stick them on a vendor, make the price of the pieces such that people won't just get everything in a week and it's fine. The raids would still be there for anyone wanting to revisit them and Blizzard wouldn't have to go back and tweak values on archaic raid mechanics to match whatever new system they've rolled into the game.

A preferable option would be to have a currency which only drops from old raids. Hell they could bring back Badges of Justice. Then you can use those badges to earn gear that drops in those raids. Each boss drops 20xCurrency, each item costs 20xCurrency, so instead of hoping a boss drops what you want, you can just farm up the currency to buy the items.

• Options
    MuddBuddMuddBudd Registered User regular
    I think people just like the fact that 100 is a nice round number, and their brains never assumed it could go beyond that.

There's no plan, there's no race to be run
    The harder the rain, honey, the sweeter the sun.
  • Options
    DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    PMAvers wrote: »

Well, there was a comment made by some blizzard person in an interview recently that said something to effect of them having another 5 expacs planned already. And them "ending WoW" would be the dumbest business decision to ever make, since it single handedly is funding -all- of their game development costs right now for -all- of their franchises, plus being able to just cancel 2 years worth of development on a game without having any kind of significant financial hit at all.

I keep seeing rumors that level 100 is going to be the highest level for WoW, so I can see them doing a "level squish" like they did for the stats, where they just rest it back to vanilla levels after WoD, where max level becomes 50 or 60, and everything else gets scaled to fit within that level range and still be appropriate. Another thing that fits with that rumor is another that they're thinking about making TBC and Wrath content fill the same level range, so you can pick which set of content you want to level up using instead of TBC being for 60 to 70 and wrath being 70 to 80, where both cover 60 to 80 and you can just choose which to do.

That would actually be really cool. Instead of entering Outland and being 70 after Hellfire and Zangarmarsh, you can do all of the zones and skip Northrend. Or vice versa.

• Options
    EnigmedicEnigmedic Registered User regular
    The problem with more levels after 100 is that the barrier to entry just is too high. If a normal person off the street asked about the game and they were told yeah "current expansion" is cool but you have to grind through 100 levels to get to it, that will just turn people off. People dont want to play games now that they have to grind before they can play. The only way i could see it continuing is if the next expansion has a thing where you have the option to just start at 100 or play from scratch.

Really they should end WoW and do WoW2. Just a clean slate for everyone, obviously have some kind of link from WoW1. There is just so much dead content in the game and weird mechanics that are only in the game because theyve always been or it's how the game is coded so would be difficult the change. A new start would make everything fresh. Personally I think they should release a warcraft 4 to speed up the story telling and setup what is going on and then drop WoW2.

Also the hype of a "new" mmo would probably do wonders for subscription numbers(assuming they go that route). They already have a bunch of people by the balls that buy every expansion, might as well get the people that jump to the next big thing too.

• Options
    tarnoktarnok Registered User regular
    Enigmedic wrote: »
    Really they should end WoW and do WoW2. Just a clean slate for everyone, obviously have some kind of link from WoW1.

Depending on precisely what you mean by a "link from WoW1" this is emphatically something they cannot do. WoW has a critical mass of players that no one else can crack. People leave to play other games and they always come back because their friends are still playing WoW and their friends are still playing WoW because they're heavily invested and new MMORPG players come to WoW because it has so many people.

Requiring people to switch games and losing their characters, achievements, mounts, pets and titles would be a huge blow. It's like your drug dealer magically removing your addiction (all the time investment tying you to the game) and then telling you that he'll be two towns over the next time you want something (you have to buy and subscribe to a new game). They'll lose a huge number of subscriptions in the transition and if they drop below that magical number they'll go from the big shark to just another trout.

Wii Code:
    0431-6094-6446-7088
  • Options
    rorrrorr Registered User regular
    If only they made some instantaneous level boost of some kind a selling point of buying the expansion

• Options
    The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    Just out of curiosity, for the people who think they can, and should, make WoW2:

What do you think they could do in a WoW2 that would make it different enough from WoW as to need an entirely new game, but still similar enough to call it a sequel...that they couldn't just do in WoW?

I'm hard pressed to think of anything that they couldn't just do in an expansion in WoW, that would warrant the attempt at convincing people to drop a decade worth of time investment.

WoW, and it's population, was a product of the right game at the right time; they'd have to produce something actually revolutionary to even have a tiny chance at replicating anything even remotely close to the sub numbers of WoW, even at its lowest points.

And revolutionary isn't what Blizzard does.

Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• Options
    FairchildFairchild Rabbit used short words that were easy to understand, like "Hello Pooh, how about Lunch ?" Registered User regular
    Another thing that fits with that rumor is another that they're thinking about making TBC and Wrath content fill the same level range, so you can pick which set of content you want to level up using instead of TBC being for 60 to 70 and wrath being 70 to 80, where both cover 60 to 80 and you can just choose which to do.

This would be a Genius level great idea.

This discussion has been closed.