As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Reveal Knob's embarrassing repressed fetishes in the [Indie Games] thread

• Options
    HunteraHuntera Rude Boy Registered User regular
    once i had night terrors and woke up screeching and i went upstairs and my sister was awake and asked me if there were racoons fighting outside because she heard an animal's feral yell

oh so you're a crimson head who learned to post

now it's all coming together

• Options
    Death of RatsDeath of Rats Registered User regular
    Duke 2.0 wrote: »
    Chinchilla shaming.

Yep... Going to need a chrome extension to replace whore, slut, bitch and any other term like that with chinchilla.

goddamn skeleton chinchillas

this is coming from a place of comedy, but this mental image is supremely saddening

STORY TIME

my first pets were a pair of gerbils when i was young, named after the two good witches from the wizard of oz (note: i did not know which was which, and called them by their names interchangeably)

one morning i woke up and one of them wasn't there

instead, in one corner, was a PERFECTLY PRESERVED gerbil skeleton

not only had one of them killed the other and stripped the flesh from their bones, they had done it without disturbing the natural death pose of a gerbil

every bone was exactly where it was supposed to be

Uh.. Uhhh...

Man I have no idea what I'd do with the gerbil that lived.

The options seem to be:

Kill it.

Let it loose outside to terrorize the neighborhood cats.

Live in fear.

No I don't.
  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    I really, really want guinea pigs

I am CERTAIN my cat would murder the shit out of them

honestly if you want rodent pets the best to get, despite their negative associations, are rats

they're very social animals and love hanging out, as opposed to most rodents who just eat and get fat and sit around

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular

honestly if you want rodent pets the best to get, despite their negative associations, are rats

they're very social animals and love hanging out, as opposed to most rodents who just eat and get fat and sit around

here's the thing though

guinea pigs vibrate when they're happy

and they go like this

"Bup! Bup bup bup!"

and I like it

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular

the issue with rats is that they are way too goddamn smart and are always figuring out how to escape and also have more rats

• Options
    don't get rabbits

fuck rabbits

i was in charge of the small animal barn when i volunteered for the local SPCA and rabbits are just fat fucking assholes

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    also if you try to play with them sometimes they just DIE.

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Rats are awesome but they're also kind of prone to health problems as I understand it

• Options
    Maddoc wrote: »
    Rats are awesome but they're also kind of prone to health problems as I understand it

Are they now?

No I don't.
  • Options
    ChicoBlueChicoBlue Registered User regular
    They're also filled with futile rage when you leave them in cages.

• Options
    ArtreusArtreus I'm a wizard And that looks fucked upRegistered User regular
    This thread went from kind of unpleasant to read to really unpleasant to read really quickly

http://atlanticus.tumblr.com/ PSN: Atlanticus 3DS: 1590-4692-3954 Steam: Artreus
  • Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    Yes hi. Someone get this mod in Homeworld HD

http://youtu.be/_gLCY36IAHY

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    AtomicTofuAtomicTofu She's a straight-up supervillain, yo Registered User regular
    Man, I just love how calm and professional all the Homeworld unit voices are

• Options
    LuvTheMonkeyLuvTheMonkey High Sierra Serenade Registered User regular
    Homeworld Remastered might be my game of the year this year.

........If Infinifactory didn't exist!

Holy shit this game is so good.

Molten variables hiss and roar. On my mind-forge, I hammer them into the greatsword Epistemology. Many are my foes this night.
    STEAM | GW2: Thalys
  • Options
    Artreus wrote: »
    This thread went from kind of unpleasant to read to really unpleasant to read really quickly

i'm just sayin' man when you get pets for your kid look up the murder rate of the species first

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
  • Options
    DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    probably should throw a content warning on stuff that might gross out folk

it's polite

Miss me? Find me on:

Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
    Twitter (mean leftist discourse)
  • Options
    Der Waffle MousDer Waffle Mous Blame this on the misfortune of your birth. New Yark, New Yark.Registered User regular
    wait how the hell don't I have Papers, Please?

I could've sworn I got it in a humble bundle or something.

Steam PSN: DerWaffleMous Origin: DerWaffleMous Bnet: DerWaffle#1682
  • Options
    TankHammerTankHammer Atlanta Ghostbuster Atlanta, GARegistered User regular
    wait how the hell don't I have Papers, Please?

I could've sworn I got it in a humble bundle or something.

Is it possible you got it and haven't redeemed it?

• Options
    chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular
    AtomicTofu wrote: »
    Man, I just love how calm and professional all the Homeworld unit voices are

It really makes their panic when everything goes to hell have more impact.

Cataclysm's crew is a little more regular joe, but when they lose their shit, it's for things where anyone in their right mind would lose their shit.

• Options
    PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    Hey guys I'm still at the bottom of page 78

GTAV might be my most disappointing game of all time

DISCLAIMER: This is not saying it is the worst game I've ever played, or that people who like it are "wrong" or in any other way deficient. I just found the gulf between my expectations and my reality to be wider than in any other game I've ever played

• Options
    page 79 is where it really gets good pooro

liEt3nH.png
  • Options

DISCLAIMER: This is not saying it is the worst game I've ever played, or that people who like it are "wrong" or in any other way deficient. I just found the gulf between my expectations and my reality to be wider than in any other game I've ever played

Ohman are you going to be surprised where we're at now.

No I don't.
  • Options
    -Tal wrote: »
    why doesn't rockstar just actually hire the writers of crime movies

As I understand it, Rockstar doesn't really hire "names"

Like, to work for Rockstar, you seem to have to subsume your identity into Rockstar. Writers don't hit the press circuit, actors don't hit the press circuit. Their PR people hit the press circuit.

Up until NDAs run out, and then people are like, "Hey, working there wasn't so great."

DISCLAIMER: This is based off a handful of pieces I read years ago and am half-remembering. I could be, and quite possibly am, very wrong!

• Options
    hell i think all the male on male interactions ( :winky: ) are actually pretty solidly done in gta

there's just this GLARING weak spot

I don't think anyone's going to disagree that GTA handles 'women' in general extremely poorly

that said, the team that handles the background and world in GTA is lead by one of the biggest shitbags in writing

the actual female characters in the main storyline are pretty good

they're insane and terrible

but so are all the male characters, and I actually genuinely liked both amanda and tracey

the radio, incidental dialogue, and signage are all garbage and should be treated as such

Okay but

The "insane and terrible" male characters get moments where they're badasses, or funny, or gain redemption

The shitty lady characters in GTA are basically shitty start to finish

Or when they are good all the way through, it's because they were only around for like five minutes

• Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Pooro you have one hell of a ride ahead of you

• Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular

Like, to work for Rockstar, you seem to have to subsume your identity into Rockstar.

I have heard this, and that's why it also seems impossible to pin down who does their promo art

The answer I find typically seems to be that there's no one person responsible for it, that it's just "Rockstar"

And that's a bummer! Because I would like to buy some of that stuff.

A big reason why I get so excited about new Rockstar games is all their promotional artwork

• Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    edited January 2015
    I know I talked about it in the Steam thread, but those of you that liked Homeworld should check out Void Destroyer. It came out of Early Access on the 20th and is an rts like Homeworld but in addition to all of the normal rts stuff you can also take direct control of any space ship (even the capital ships) and pilot it. It's got a rad cel shaded art style, a good soundtrack, Newtonian physics, flamethrowers, missiles, mines, missile mines, and a spaceship with a giant drill thingy to crush your enemies with. It was made by a single dev that's active and listens to feedback from the community about things like controls and adding more support for various devices, balance issues, and fixing bugs. It's 25% off until the 27th I believe so check it out.

edit: oh, and it doesn't require a super beefy computer to run and is only like 600MB total

Darmak on
    JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    BrocksMulletBrocksMullet Into the sunrise, on a jet-ski. Natch.Registered User regular
    I've heard Red Dead Redemption is great, and I thought Max Payne 3 was an interesting mess, storywise. Is GTA the Houser's dumb college buddy that they hang out with every 5 years or so?

I, for one, enjoyed the Mako.

Steam: BrocksMullet http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197972421669/

• Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    Pretty much, yeah

• Options
    BrocksMulletBrocksMullet Into the sunrise, on a jet-ski. Natch.Registered User regular

Like, to work for Rockstar, you seem to have to subsume your identity into Rockstar.

I have heard this, and that's why it also seems impossible to pin down who does their promo art

The answer I find typically seems to be that there's no one person responsible for it, that it's just "Rockstar"

And that's a bummer! Because I would like to buy some of that stuff.

A big reason why I get so excited about new Rockstar games is all their promotional artwork

This kind of thing drives me crazy! Finding out who does character design for the Ventures Bro's, or the Angels for Bayonetta is way harder than it should be.

I, for one, enjoyed the Mako.

Steam: BrocksMullet http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197972421669/

• Options
    captainkcaptaink TexasRegistered User regular
    Pretty much, yeah

It helps that he brings a billion dollars when he hangs out.

• Options
    agoajagoaj Top Tier One FearRegistered User regular
    GTAV Vs. GATV, which is better?

ujav5b9gwj1s.png
  • Options
    chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular
    agoaj wrote: »
    GTAV Vs. GATV, which is better?

Remind me. Which one lets you kill alien motherfuckers with a gun that shoots knives?

Because it's that one.

• Options
    hell i think all the male on male interactions ( :winky: ) are actually pretty solidly done in gta

there's just this GLARING weak spot

I don't think anyone's going to disagree that GTA handles 'women' in general extremely poorly

that said, the team that handles the background and world in GTA is lead by one of the biggest shitbags in writing

the actual female characters in the main storyline are pretty good

they're insane and terrible

but so are all the male characters, and I actually genuinely liked both amanda and tracey

the radio, incidental dialogue, and signage are all garbage and should be treated as such

Okay but

The "insane and terrible" male characters get moments where they're badasses, or funny, or gain redemption

The shitty lady characters in GTA are basically shitty start to finish

Or when they are good all the way through, it's because they were only around for like five minutes

I would argue both Tracy and Amanda get this

They just aren't writ nearly as large because they aren't main characters

And also, no they don't, only Micheal and Trevor and Lamar get this

Franklin is already fine and every other incidental male character basically remains terrible, gets killed, or becomes even more shitty

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    that on itself is a problem though ill give you that

• Options
    In my view the biggest issue is that there are only two minor female characters

Both of those characters work for me but if they don't for you theres nothing else to look at

They need more and wider representation

• Options
    In actual Indie Game News, the Nuclear Throne patch is rad

New guns, good tweaks to some abilities (strong spirit is way better and hammerhead doesn't accidentally screw you now), more music and redone gun sound effects

I'm usually down on early access but Vlambeer is really killing it with this game

• Options
    ZayZay yes i am zay Registered User regular
    I am down for more nuclear throne music

sthbuf0g7b7y.png
  • Options
    UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular

Watch_Dogs was this for me, and is the last game I'll ever buy based on prerelease hype/expectations. It just burned me too bad.

This discussion has been closed.