Options

[Steam] The Turkey Coma Dale Fest Party Long Weekend Thing has arrived!

• Options
    subisubi Registered User regular
    Jazz wrote: »
    Jazz wrote: »
    Thanks to our new (?) chum @subi for Legend of Dungeon! Very classy of you. :)

...and Thief Gold (which I sadly already had on GOG), and Zero Gear, and Rochard!?!?!

Thanks!

Glad that I can help a little ;) See you guys and girls tomorrow or maybe in next days .. I don't know :)

• Options
    DrakeDrake Edgelord Trash Below the ecliptic plane.Registered User regular
    DoctorArch wrote: »
    Jragghen wrote: »
    Gear Girl wrote: »

This is the new Bad Rats, huh?

But apparently its good!

A better comparison to Bad Rats would probably be Vanguard Princess with its "fanservice DLC."

I think Vanguard Princess is actually a somewhat decent fighter? Like nothing stunning or anything but stuff works like it's supposed to and all. Bad Rats can't make any claims to quality at all.

• Options
    CorpekataCorpekata Registered User regular
    Dragon Age is so good, for those of you willing to pierce the Newellian veil.

• Options
    HalfazedninjaHalfazedninja Author of Jake Howard: Multiverse 101! Behind YouRegistered User regular
    Corpekata wrote: »

I'll get it, just waiting a bit for it. I still have to finish my keep lol.

My debut novel, JAKE HOWARD: MULTIVERSE 101!
    Switch FC: SW-7588-7027-0113, Steam/PSN: Halfazedninja

• Options
    StollsStolls Brave Corporate Logo Chicago, ILRegistered User regular
    edited November 2014
    Yeah I think you'd have to pick an actually bad game to stack up against Bad Rats, instead of something that's simply embarrassing to play in polite company.

Anime isn't nearly enough. We need to go deeper.

Stolls on
    kstolls on Twitch, streaming weekends at 9pm CST!
    Now playing: Teardown and Baldur's Gate 3 (co-op)
    Sunday Spotlight: Horror Tales: The Wine
  • Options
    Albino BunnyAlbino Bunny Jackie Registered User regular
    http://store.steampowered.com/app/281260/

Same price range as Bad Rats.

Same un-inspired game that barely functions.

Have at it people who like to give bad developers money to spite their friends.

• Options
    Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    So in a little less than 2 weeks, hopefully my son will have his first laptop. He's currently more than halfway to his goal, with some toy and Pokemon card sales pending that should put him over the edge. Truthfully even if he doesn't make it, we'll chip in and he can pay us back just so I can get my PC back from Minecraft. Is it wrong that I really want to make his first game on the brand new Steam account I'll be setting up for him Bad Rats?

• Options
    So in a little less than 2 weeks, hopefully my son will have his first laptop. He's currently more than halfway to his goal, with some toy and Pokemon card sales pending that should put him over the edge. Truthfully even if he doesn't make it, we'll chip in and he can pay us back just so I can get my PC back from Minecraft. Is it wrong that I really want to make his first game on the brand new Steam account I'll be setting up for him Bad Rats?

You're teaching him the valuable lesson that nothing is entirely positive.

Clearly nothing bad can be taken away from this lesson.

• Options
    DoctorArchDoctorArch Curmudgeon Registered User regular
    Corpekata wrote: »

I'll get it, just waiting a bit for it. I still have to finish my keep lol.

Let me check my calendar....dammit, with my backlog, work and kids I'll have to schedule a playthrough for 2033 once both my kids are in college.

Hey, I've managed to steer clear of Mass Effect 3 spoilers, I'm sure I can hold out with Dragon Age Inquisition until then!

Switch Friend Code: SW-6732-9515-9697
  • Options
    JazzJazz Registered User regular

Is that the Steam equivalent of a chicken pox party? Immunize them young by getting them the infection when it's (supposedly) least dangerous?

• Options
    KalnaurKalnaur I See Rain . . . Centralia, WARegistered User regular
    edited November 2014
    Stolls wrote: »
    Yeah I think you'd have to pick an actually bad game to stack up against Bad Rats, instead of something that's simply embarrassing to play in polite company.

On Steam: It's Legendary.

Edit: I really do love the fact that the feedback for Bad Rats is "Mostly Positive". That's a wonderful level of evil right there.

Kalnaur on
    I make art things! deviantART: Kalnaur ::: Origin: Kalnaur ::: UPlay: Kalnaur
  • Options
    Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular
    Dear Future Gamer,

Let this be a lesson to you. You can be completely subpar at what you do, and produce something that is an embarrassment to your entire industry, but if you do it right, you can make a product so awful people will throw money at you hand over fist in order to spite gift each other.

If you can't be the best, at least be good. If you can't even be good, be the absolute worst.

-Steam Parenting 101

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
  • Options
    chuck steakchuck steak Registered User regular
    DarkPrimus wrote: »
    Fraud is the best activity, what are you talking about? Oh, you haven't figured out the trick.

The trick is, you start super-sprinting then jump in the air and then ragdoll while in midair and go flying across the city and bounce about ten times before coming to a stop.

And if you don't feel like chasing the golden orb around, you can just keep fucking dudes up until a warden shows up. Kill him and no more enemies.

Yeah, I was doing it wrong. I was just standing in one of those circles and just getting hit and trying to bounce around off of that.

• Options
    Dear Future Gamer,

Let this be a lesson to you. You can be completely subpar at what you do, and produce something that is an embarrassment to your entire industry, but if you do it right, you can make a product so awful people will throw money at you hand over fist in order to spite gift each other.

If you can't be the best, at least be good. If you can't even be good, be the absolute worst.

-Steam Parenting 101

Failing spectacularly enough to leave an indelible impression that others just have to share is a time-honored strategy. I just wasn't used to seeing it outside of, like, fanfiction and Youtube stunts.

I think I'm numb to it by now, but every now and then I snap back into what I presume is a sane mindset and I die a little bit over how successful Bad Rats has been.

• Options
    Dear Future Gamer,

-Steam Parenting 101

Failing spectacularly enough to leave an indelible impression that others just have to share is a time-honored strategy. I just wasn't used to seeing it outside of, like, fanfiction and Youtube stunts.

I think I'm numb to it by now, but every now and then I snap back into what I presume is a sane mindset and I die a little bit over how successful Bad Rats has been.

I mean Goat Simulator does more or less the same thing. It's just not as offensive because they're doing it on purpose.

• Options
    frmgws5q6uo2.jpg

So this happened.

Shoes are overrated. But zombies! One can never have too many zombies. Or zombie games. Or zombie games about infinite zombies. (this spiral just keeps going)

Thanks @HyphyKezzy‌! <3<3<3

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • Options
    IoloIolo iolo Registered User regular
    Dear Future Gamer,

-Steam Parenting 101

This has been known for some time in other fields...
    springtime-finale.jpg

Lt. Iolo's First Day
    Steam profile.
    Getting started with BATTLETECH: Part 1 / Part 2
  • Options
    destroyah87destroyah87 They/Them Preferred: She/Her - Please UseRegistered User regular
    Dear Future Gamer,

-Steam Parenting 101

I mean Goat Simulator does more or less the same thing. It's just not as offensive because they're doing it on purpose.

Would it be accurate to say that Death Bed: The Bed That Eats is to movies as Bad Rats is to steam games?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    I think the new Bad Rats needs to be as broken and racist and ineptly produced as the genuine article.

Like if that game Air Control had more Islamophobia.

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    #1 I am sad I do not have the processor to run FC3:Blood Dragon because it looks like the exact sort of game the Shadowrun FPS should have been, but with more aircraft.

Iolo wrote: »
    Dear Future Gamer,

-Steam Parenting 101

This has been known for some time in other fields...
    springtime-finale.jpg

MEIN GOTT!

• Options
    KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    Mornin' yall. Ugh, thread's already locked so I can't quote it. So here's my birthday giveaway repost.

G&T, 9pm EST, no contributions needed cause...
    jotlsieid4hf.jpg

signature.png

signature.png

Sorry, I forgot to make a post about this before it ended. My friends took me out to Hibachi for dinner (mmmmmm warm sake).

But the winners of the Koopah Troopah birthday bash give-away are:

@Visskar with Shadow of Mordor!

and

@f3rret with Valkyria Chronicles!

Congratulations! I'll pm you guys with teh codes.

• Options
    IoloIolo iolo Registered User regular
    f3rret wrote: »
    I fixed the thread title

Steamed hams? Ugh. Waste of perfectly good ham.

Tell me you get the reference...

I missed the reference, @f3rret‌. I feel shame. :(

Lt. Iolo's First Day
    Steam profile.
    Getting started with BATTLETECH: Part 1 / Part 2
  • Options
    Ed GrubermanEd Gruberman Registered User regular
    f3rret wrote: »
    I fixed the thread title

Steamed hams? Ugh. Waste of perfectly good ham.

Tell me you get the reference...

I missed the reference, @f3rret‌. I feel shame. :(

As you should ;) I really wanted to participate in that conversation but I couldn't find the Futurama reference I wanted (YouTube failed me!). I'll just post the script:

Fry: Hm, Spider, Hubble, Nitrogum ... ooh, Big Pink! It's the only gum with the breath-freshening power of ham.
    Bender: And it pinkens your teeth while you chew.

steam_sig.png

SteamID: edgruberman GOG Galaxy: EdGruberman
  • Options
    The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    I think the new Bad Rats needs to be as broken and racist and ineptly produced as the genuine article.

Like if that game Air Control had more Islamophobia.

I'm not sure if you intentionally made that remark based on the fact it was made in Turkey or if you didn't know that at all.

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    Goddamnit, I had to start listening to the Unreal soundtrack.

Feeling the itch. There's only one cure.
    And it's 50% off on GOG.

• Options
    Dyvim TvarDyvim Tvar Registered User regular
    Kalnaur wrote: »

Edit: I really do love the fact that the feedback for Bad Rats is "Mostly Positive". That's a wonderful level of evil right there.

Legendary is great, everybody should play it.

This is a completely, 100% honest post by the most upstanding Legendary player in the history of the steam thread.

Everyone is different. Everyone is special.
  • Options
    ZavianZavian universal peace sounds better than forever war Registered User regular
    Grats @Svevin‌ !
    signature.png
    Here are the rest of this week's giveaways!
    gdIyC7d.png
    signature.png
    signature.png
    signature.png
    signature.png

• Options
    NotNobodyNotNobody Registered User regular
    edited November 2014
    D20 Modern in San Antonio. See ya there. :)

NotNobody on
  • Options
    So I was going to sleep and then Company of Heroes started downloading Ardenne's Assault and I promised to just play the first mission.

It's now 3AM and I didn't just play the first mission. Don't really want to say much about it yet because I've not toyed around with the campaign mechanics that are the meat of the expansion but so far the presentation's great (as always with CoH) and the missions are enjoyable to blast through even if they've being pretty simple aside from the first randomly generated one (which left me wondering how exactly the player they're trying to teach basic cover mechanics to in the mission literally just prior to that one is supposed to handle that but oh well).

• Options
    Dyvim Tvar wrote: »

This is a completely, 100% honest post by the most upstanding Legendary player in the history of the steam thread.

God help me, but I am morbidly curious how someone could make shooting werewolves and other fantasy stuff not fun. To the point where I'm tempted to get the game and record my dwindling sanity as the game drains my will to live.

Then I remember that means paying the people that made the game and I come to my senses.

• Options
    edited November 2014
    So, 90 minutes into This War of Mine. Up to Day 6.

Jesus Christ guys this game is excellent.

The atmosphere is fantastic, the pacing perfect. It feels like the balance is just right - I don't have that "this is hopelessly hard" feeling I get from some survival games, but at the same time there's a constant, pressing feeling like it could all go to shit any second now. Any. Second. Scavenging during the nights is an exercise in picking and choosing what you'll need most for the next day because goddammit why can't I carry ten boards, six boxes of parts, some moonshine, that broken guitar, and a refrigerator worth of food all at once? Balancing needs during the day is challenging. Someone has to be ready to go out at night. Someone has to do the cooking. Someone has to keep us stocked in tools (moar lockpicks ffs! And how's that crowbar coming, Bub!?).

Also, it could easily have the just one more [turn] day effect that has been known to keep people up WAY past bedtimes...

tl;dr: It's good. Really good.

Pixelated Pixie on
    ~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • Options
    cookiekrushcookiekrush Registered User regular
    dLSXIuz.png?1

Wow, thank you so much! A wonderful surprise to come to after two days of 10 hour shifts! This is someone from the forums I believe? I'm still a newbie with how to look up names... but please let me know who you are! I hope during the holiday season I'll be able to gift someone with a game that they want! <3

Pinny Pals - open to trading!
    Looking for Edith Finch Pin!
  • Options
    DaringDirkDaringDirk Daddy CEO Oakland, CARegistered User regular
    BTW, gave up on the old thread, lots of personal stuff going on and such, almost neglected to mention that @The Pink Skull gifted me Contraption Maker, something I can play with mah kiddo! Thanks a ton, you're an awesome friend and gamer! Someone should do something about that, in fact. If anyone needs an excuse to hit up Pixel with some games, consider this fodder.

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    KalnaurKalnaur I See Rain . . . Centralia, WARegistered User regular
    Dyvim Tvar wrote: »

God help me, but I am morbidly curious how someone could make shooting werewolves and other fantasy stuff not fun. To the point where I'm tempted to get the game and record my dwindling sanity as the game drains my will to live.

Then I remember that means paying the people that made the game and I come to my senses.

Thus why it is a good spite gift. :wink:

I make art things! deviantART: Kalnaur ::: Origin: Kalnaur ::: UPlay: Kalnaur
  • Options
    chris: waffle kingchris: waffle king whiskey-fueled crank Osaka's OverbellyRegistered User regular
    edited November 2014
    Oh yeah.

Getting back into Dead Space is just like slipping into a perfectly warm bath. Sure, it's a bath filled with viscera and used spinal columns, but still, perfectly warm and soothing after a long day of space engineering and stomping the everliving shite outta things.

The game feels like it's playing a touch sludgy, just a touch, but that may just be my imagination. i'd run a comparison, but my PS3version was sold to the used ages back, so *shrug* It's still as great as i remembered it.

8d34yjdjl2tk.jpg
    Knock, knock! Candygram. Not a Land Shark. Oh crap, did i say that out loud?

Stomping space zombies has almost made up for the iPod going tits up in the most annoying way.

chris: waffle king on
    steam_sig.png
    時計仕掛けの子の丸々太った磁器の顔に表情は無いが、転がりながら、口がカチッと開閉して、腕が上下に動い た。

ージョン・タインズ、作家
    ー無名狂師、翻訳者 (俺)
    Wanna watch a gaijin butcher monsters and the Japanese Language all at once? Sure you do, and now you can!
  • Options
    JeixJeix Registered User regular
    So, 90 minutes into This War of Mine. Up to Day 6.

Jesus Christ guys this game is excellent.

The atmosphere is fantastic, the pacing perfect. It feels like the balance is just right - I don't have that "this is hopelessly hard" feeling I get from some survival games, but at the same time there's a constant, pressing feeling like it could all go to shit any second now. Any. Second. Scavenging during the nights is an exercise in picking and choosing what you'll need most for the next day because goddammit why can't I carry ten boards, six boxes of parts, some moonshine, that broken guitar, and a refrigerator worth of food all at once? Balancing needs during the day is challenging. Someone has to be ready to go out at night. Someone has to do the cooking. Someone has to keep us stocked in tools (moar lockpicks ffs! And how's that crowbar coming, Bub!?).

Also, it could easily have the just one more [turn] day effect that has been known to keep people up WAY past bedtimes...

tl;dr: It's good. Really good.

When we were playing it I guess it was just good luck on RNG because by the end of the game we just started building things for fun because we had so much stuff. There are some trading mechanics that I guess we probably abused a bit, certain people will give a lot of stuff for some types of goods. We ended up just filling our house full of chairs, radios, guitars, and anything else that sounded like a luxury good just for fun. I think the hardest part of the game is the first half, and after that it just sort of drags on. By no means is it a bad game, but it could use some tweaking to make it really shine.

• Options
    heenatoheenato Alice Leywind Registered User regular
    Oh yeah.

Getting back into Dead Space is just like slipping into a perfectly warm bath. Sure, it's a bath filled with viscera and used spinal columns, but still, perfectly warm and soothing after a long day of space engineering and stomping the everliving shite outta things.

The game feels like it's playing a touch sludgy, just a touch, but that may just be my imagination. i'd run a comparison, but my PS3version was sold to the used ages back, so *shrug* It's still as great as i remembered it.

8d34yjdjl2tk.jpg

Stomping space zombies has almost made up for the iPod going tits up in the most annoying way.
    The first game has some weird mouse accelleration problems, so that may be it.

M A G I K A Z A M
  • Options
    CorsiniCorsini Registered User regular
    I just finished Wolfenstein: The New Order. I liked it a lot. It managed to have both goofy space Nazis and some emotional impact.

In the end
    the earth is still run by Nazis, and I was hoping for something happier.

steam_sig.png
    Steam Badger A greasemonkey script for better gifting and peering
  • Options
    ArcSynArcSyn Registered User regular
    This war of mine's side scrolling and art style reminds me of Shadow Complex on the 360. Shame they never brought it to PC.

4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • Options
    chris: waffle kingchris: waffle king whiskey-fueled crank Osaka's OverbellyRegistered User regular
    heenato wrote: »
    Oh yeah.

8d34yjdjl2tk.jpg

The first game has some weird mouse accelleration problems, so that may be it.

Dunno, i run it with a controller, 'cause i've never been able to hack KbaM on almost anything ('cept Nimble Quest, i rocked that KbaM-style).

Could just be what i'm playing on, it's just a dinky-Dell laptop, and i've had other games slowdown on me in the past. Actually....to think about it, anything that runs semi-realistic graphics will slow down here and there on me.

S'okay, though. DS is still straight-rockin'.

steam_sig.png
    時計仕掛けの子の丸々太った磁器の顔に表情は無いが、転がりながら、口がカチッと開閉して、腕が上下に動い た。

ージョン・タインズ、作家
    ー無名狂師、翻訳者 (俺)
    Wanna watch a gaijin butcher monsters and the Japanese Language all at once? Sure you do, and now you can!
This discussion has been closed.