Options

[Halo Infinite/SplitGate] Halo Infinite available now! Closed Spoilers for story

• Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    ODST had pretty interesting campaign compared to a standard Halo. Lots of character development and fun dialogue. It also introduced fan favorites like Buck and the Superintendent. I also liked the audio logs in that game. It's one of the few "FPS Open World" games besides the Far Cry games or Dying Light that is really fun to play.

Also, dat music doe

• Options
    ArchsorcererArchsorcerer Registered User regular
    There is a launch stream in case someone is interested.

XBL - ArchSilversmith

"We have years of struggle ahead, mostly within ourselves." - Made in USA
  • Options
    Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular
    Did a couple missions in story mode and then did a warzone and a couple slayers. First impressions: Game is beautiful. In action it is hard to notice any of the fill in and it never dips below 60 fps. Warzones are going to be kind of trollish right now though. If your team doesn't spend money you are at a pretty big disadvantage. And the other team needs to win faster if they have all the bases. It seemed like the other team spawn camped us forever, without caring to kill the core (prolly just newbie-ness... prolly), before the game finally ended.

Game felt like Halo 3 with ODST multi. Nothing but thumbs up here.

• Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    Jubal77 wrote: »
    Did a couple missions in story mode and then did a warzone and a couple slayers. First impressions: Game is beautiful. In action it is hard to notice any of the fill in and it never dips below 60 fps. Warzones are going to be kind of trollish right now though. If your team doesn't spend money you are at a pretty big disadvantage. And the other team needs to win faster if they have all the bases. It seemed like the other team spawn camped us forever, without caring to kill the core (prolly just newbie-ness... prolly), before the game finally ended.

Real world money or just money earned that match?

• Options
    ObiFett wrote: »
    Jubal77 wrote: »

Real world money or just money earned that match?

Money earned in match or real world. I think I got like 2-300 for the loss. At the end it was like 3 tanks and a warthog at our base heh.

• Options
    ProhassProhass Registered User regular
    edited October 2015
    Early on people who are good at quickly using the Req system will wreck, but I think once the broader player base gets the hang of it things will balance out. It's not so much that people have an advantage because they have better reqs, it's just if you don't remember to use your cards, rushing off without vehicles or weapons you could be using, it creates a disadvantage

Another big problem I can see is people being hesitant to use game changing reqs if their team looks like it will lose. But the rate you get cards should eventually even things out and encourage people to use cards even in losing situations just for the extra points you can get, which you can spend later

Arena is always there if you want extreme balance

Prohass on
  • Options
    CrayonCrayon Sleeps in the wrong bed. TejasRegistered User regular
    Game is great so far, but man that additional Halo: Fall of Reach animated movie is garbage, animation wise anyhow. Kind of disappointed in that.

• Options
    Well hopefully it doesn't feel too Pay2Win. That would bum me out.

• Options
    Oh it shouldn't be Obi. It is pretty cheap to get cards it is just night 1 fun times I think. It is a fun MP that I think I will give more shots to. The game rewards team play so that was the big issue. I am pretty sure they were on top or near top reqs and we were just at 4 at the end heh.

• Options
    We need to get a Company set up then so we can take PA as teams into Warzone. I would volunteer but I already run Destiny's clan...

• Options
    NosfNosf Registered User regular
    edited October 2015
    Midnight launch wasn't so bad, they let us wait inside the store (Best Buy) rather than out in the cold. Saw about 4 or so consoles go out, I'd guess about 30 to 50 people and I got there after midnight by a few minutes. Picked up an Elite controller, had bought Halo 5 online already. Feels great, had to take off the upper paddles on the back tho, I kept setting them off. I'll dick around with it tomorrow some, for now I just want to play some Halo. The little man purse thing to store the parts is nice and it comes with a long, great quality USB cable that's braided black/green nylon, which is also handy as hell. The sticks feel great, their movement is so smooth.
    Infinity AI calling out Palmer, Halsey and Laskey was pretty great. The incredible mobility of the new Forerunner enemy types is irritating to some degree, but they don't feel like bullet sponges. Fillion as Buck is definitely the best part of Team Osiris.

Nosf on
  • Options
    DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    I played two rounds of warzone this morning.

I'm hoping that it's just inexperience and confusion. I have to admit, I wasn't really having fun yet. The gunplay just completely lacks impact, and I don't just mean in the Halo lower TTK way.

What is this I don't even.
  • Options
    Casually HardcoreCasually Hardcore Once an Asshole. Trying to be better. Registered User regular
    Play a couple of hours and I'm loving this game!

Only bad thing is that the AI partners are absolutely worthless, but I guess that's why we have COOP.

• Options
    tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    Darkewolfe wrote: »
    I played two rounds of warzone this morning.

I'm hoping that it's just inexperience and confusion. I have to admit, I wasn't really having fun yet. The gunplay just completely lacks impact, and I don't just mean in the Halo lower TTK way.

That's because impact is a stat in Destiny! :pop:

But really, the first week (up to month) of multiplayer in a game is going to be rough and unbalanced matches all day. In addition to parties and whatnot, the game's matchmaking algorithms haven't had the chance to put the players into proper tiers.This doesn't make you (or anyone else) a bottom tier player, just there's no balance in the matches at all.s

“I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • Options
    It's not that I'm getting wrecked which bothers me. It's the way that I'm not getting much feedback on when or if my shots impact the target. I'll have plenty of fire exchanges where i might die and I'm not certain if i missed the target, if i hit but just not enough, or if lag armor protected my opponent.

I'm also not sure what i think of the packs. Is there any reason not to spawn a vehicle every time you die? The gating of highest support levels goes quick, so it seems you should pretty much always spawn a vehicle.

• Options
    Also, i hadnt realized how integral ADS had been to all my fps gaming.

• Options
    MechanicalMechanical Registered User regular
    I'm also not sure what i think of the packs. Is there any reason not to spawn a vehicle every time you die? The gating of highest support levels goes quick, so it seems you should pretty much always spawn a vehicle.

If you're short on the req cards, maybe hold onto them for when you need them? If you've got a surplus though, go crazy. No sense hoarding them unless you just sell everything to get armor parts. I'd also be good with making a company, just need a name.

• Options
    Big DookieBig Dookie Smells great! Houston, TXRegistered User regular
    The whole thing with cards and enemy AI makes Warzone sound an awful lot like straight up Titanfall. How similar are they to the Burn Cards in that game?

Steam | Twitch
    Oculus: TheBigDookie | XBL: Dook | NNID: BigDookie
  • Options
    Big Dookie wrote: »
    The whole thing with cards and enemy AI makes Warzone sound an awful lot like straight up Titanfall. How similar are they to the Burn Cards in that game?

Super, super similar.

• Options
    SynthesisSynthesis Honda Today! Registered User regular
    Big Dookie wrote: »

Super, super similar.

That is awesome and makes me happy.

I think that might be the only time I was actively happy about getting cards in a game (I don't own Forza 6 yet). Certainly one of the first times.

• Options
    Wraith260Wraith260 Happiest Goomba! Registered User regular
    ok, so here's something new, save slots. the option isn't just a straight 'save and quit' anymore. you save at the most recent checkpoint in one of three available slots and carry on playing. means you no longer had to commit to the Legendary run or lose it all, you can save it and run an easier campaign at the same time.

• Options
    What I'm still wondering about--and cannot figure out for the life of me--is how is theater mode works for saving. One of my harshest complaints about MCC (since I was apparently pretty lucky with multiplayer--I played a few short games the day of launch and afterwards)--was that theater mode disabled permanent saving of multiplayer replays for a temporary system (with five matches max) that you had to export to the Xbox One's DVR. While the DVR is a great pan-game function, but it doesn't hold a candle to the awesome flexibility of the series' past theater mode saves, where you can change camera angles, replay from any perspective, etc., and could save as many videos as you wanted to locally.

I'm thinking 5 got rid of it, which is sad, but...oh well?

• Options
    Nah, it's still there.

• Options
    edited October 2015
    If Cortana winds up being a forerunner who goes 'haha, made you think your dead AI girlfriend was alive and got you to activate XYZ!' I am gonna be miffed.

Everyone run out and grab an Elite controller. It's like handling boobs, which is to say, not at all like handling boobs, because that's a fucking stupid comparison, but it's still pretty great.

Nosf on
  • Options
    ArteenArteen Adept ValeRegistered User regular
    Wow, uh, they really neutered the customization options, didn't they?

• Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    edited October 2015
    Warzone is fun.

Dragkonias on
  • Options
    sockssocks Registered User regular
    Arteen wrote: »

How so? I only got one story mission and one Slayer match in before work. Loving it so far. I changed my emblem at home, but the Halo Waypoint has similar customization options to what I remember from past Halo games. The only thing is you need to unlock cards to get more options to use for your spartan.

• Options
    What, the armor customization? There's more options for less slots it seems. It's worth letting Locke idle and listening to the banter between your team, they seem to say a good bit.

Game seriously needed a small intro level for Locke where you could get a briefing on what the fuck is going on. The lore must be goddamn impenetrable for new players.

• Options
    You have 175 options for each of head, chest and legs iirc. Previous games allowed mix and match chest, arms, head, legs? Could you do two different arms? Can't recall atm.

• Options
    Nosf wrote: »
    What, the armor customization? There's more options for less slots it seems. It's worth letting Locke idle and listening to the banter between your team, they seem to say a good bit.

Game seriously needed a small intro level for Locke where you could get a briefing on what the fuck is going on. The lore must be goddamn impenetrable for new players.

Technically, there was a tv show dedicated to Locke. :p

• Options
    socks wrote: »
    Arteen wrote: »

How so? I only got one story mission and one Slayer match in before work. Loving it so far. I changed my emblem at home, but the Halo Waypoint has similar customization options to what I remember from past Halo games. The only thing is you need to unlock cards to get more options to use for your spartan.

Yeah I was rocking the rhino looking armor that I got for my halo console. But I got lucky and got a chest piece from a pack so they are there just will take awhile to unlock em.

• Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    Pressing B to melee getting me killed so much.

• Options
    Dragkonias wrote: »
    Pressing B to melee getting me killed so much.

for the little I played, I'm not sure I can run boxer... such a strange world.

• Options
    edited October 2015
    Mechanical wrote: »
    Nah, it's still there.

Sorry, the question's worded weird: are they using the MCC system, or did they go back to Halo 4/3? I assume the former.

Synthesis on
  • Options
    Works like 3/4/Reach.

• Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    Wowza. I'm like 10 minutes in and the gameplay feels infinitely better than Halo 4's did.

• Options
    Maybe my mistake was jumping into the new pvp rather than the campaign.

• Options
    CrayonCrayon Sleeps in the wrong bed. TejasRegistered User regular
    Well...that story was, uhhhhhh, something.

• Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    Although one grievance, I don't like that it pulls you out of zoom with the zoom weapons like the BR when you get shot. Is there a way to make it not do that?

• Options
    Nope, that's by design.