Options

[Halo Infinite/SplitGate] Halo Infinite available now! Closed Spoilers for story

• Options
    tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    This is definitely a Halo for people who are familiar with the lore that 343i built into Halo 4 and subsequent media.

I like it so far. Legendary hasn't felt cheap yet either.

“I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • Options
    Renegade WolfRenegade Wolf Registered User regular
    For the love of god please tell me that there's a way to turn off voice chat in MP.

I can't find an option to straight disable it but as soon as the match starts you can open the scoreboard and push X to mute everyone

still got to put up with loud idiots through the loading screen though

• Options
    Big DookieBig Dookie Smells great! Houston, TXRegistered User regular
    I think I'm like 3 hours or so into the campaign, and I'm liking it a lot so far. I barely remembered the story for Halo 4 and had to go back and recap everything, but I'm enjoying the story for what it is. Am I weird for finding Locke a more interesting protagonist than Master Chief ever was?

OSIRIS TEAM 4 LYFE

Steam | Twitch
    Oculus: TheBigDookie | XBL: Dook | NNID: BigDookie
  • Options
    Casually HardcoreCasually Hardcore Once an Asshole. Trying to be better. Registered User regular
    Also, is there an easy way to see if any Arcadians are playing?

• Options
    Wraith260Wraith260 Happiest Goomba! Registered User regular
    Also, is there an easy way to see if any Arcadians are playing?

not strictly Arcadians, but if you go tot he game hub and go to the friends section it will show those that are currently playing and give the option of joining.

pressing x on the games main menu page to bring up the 'Roster' and going to the friends section here allows for the same.

• Options
    edited October 2015
    Oh, on the first mission I found
    A scattershot called "Loathsome Thing"

Is that an easter egg?

On the second mission I found
    A statue in the control room, it's got like... a really big head and kind of reminds me of a floodling thinger. you can't pick it up or anything.

Also found another named scattershot, blaze of glory. I'm assuming there's one per level?

tastydonuts on
  • Options
    QQsomeMoreQQsomeMore DetroitRegistered User regular
    Applied for the Company, looking for some dudes to shoot man's with, always have a great time with you folks.

Eve online : Dr Spazzway
    BF3: Spazzway
    Steam : Paul [Team Bad]
  • Options
    Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    Prometheans are so much better to fight against now.

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    Oh, on the first mission I found
    A scattershot called "Loathsome Thing"

Is that an easter egg?

On the second mission I found
    A statue in the control room, it's got like... a really big head and kind of reminds me of a floodling thinger. you can't pick it up or anything.

Also found another named scattershot, blaze of glory. I'm assuming there's one per level?
    Nope, you'll find named versions of most guns throughout the game if you look for them. They're vastly better versions of the standard. SAW with no recoil and higher dmg for instance.

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    Renegade WolfRenegade Wolf Registered User regular
    Prometheans are so much better to fight against now.

Yeah but even then they were really starting to get on my nerves by the end

it doesn't help that their art style is just so boring

• Options
    ProhassProhass Registered User regular
    They're still a million times better than the flood, and I love their guns. I hope we get human enemies next game

• Options
    Katsuhiro 1139Katsuhiro 1139 Dublin, IrelandRegistered User regular
    Cleared the campaign on Legendary yesterday, in a 9.5 hour Marathon.

Non spoiler impressions:

- Level design is expansive. Like Halo 2, only a lot denser - multiple angles of attack, lots of secret tunnels and verticality.
    - It's fucking hard. Nails. New forerunner are designed with veteran Halo players in mind. They're not bullet sponges but they are aggressive. I was delighted to see a pair of them jack a loose Warthog and turn it against me - I haven't seen that in a Halo game since Halo 2.
    - Play it with buddies. That goes without saying but play it with buddies who you can closely coordinate with. Even with my two best Internet bros we found it very challenging.

As an obsessive Halo fan I'm very pleased with it overall. Halo's lore in general requires a wiki walk to get the broad strokes but it's an immeasurable improvement on Halo 4.

• Options
    mightyspacepopemightyspacepope Registered User regular
    Can anyone recommend which of the Halo novels are worth reading?

• Options
    Casually HardcoreCasually Hardcore Once an Asshole. Trying to be better. Registered User regular
    Two more things

1) Who ever is the sound engineer for this game needs a god damn raise. Using the Astro Pro Mix TR amp with the Sennheiser makes this game sound amazing.

2) The silky smooth 60 fps is so good. SO GOOD! Makes going back to destiny really really hard. I hope Halo 5 has legs.

• Options
    DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    2) The silky smooth 60 fps is so good. SO GOOD! Makes going back to destiny really really hard. I hope Halo 5 has legs.

Is this a campaign thing? The multiplayer graphics are not smooth, I keep seeing hitching and stuff.

What is this I don't even.
  • Options
    I haven't spend that much time in MP. But in the slayer and team slayer matches I played, everything was silky smooth outside of some latency.

• Options
    cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    Can anyone recommend which of the Halo novels are worth reading?
    Greg Bear's Forerunner trilogy is good, and I liked Ghosts of Onyx.

• Options
    I got placed into Gold 1 for team arena. Guess I'm just glad i don't count as bronze.

• Options
    RhileyRhiley Registered User regular
    I played a little bit of warzone last night and I have to say that it was not a great experience on a somewhat iffy wifi connection. It was so chaotic that I was frequently dead before I even got the damage indicator. I am going to have to run an ethernet cable for my xbox one before I try again.

2013 Prime Omeganaut
  • Options
    OnTheLastCastleOnTheLastCastle let's keep it haimish for the peripatetic Registered User regular
    Hello, my name is Castle, and I'd like to formally forgive 343 for their previous sins.

• Options
    OnTheLastCastleOnTheLastCastle let's keep it haimish for the peripatetic Registered User regular
    Darkewolfe wrote: »
    I got placed into Gold 1 for team arena. Guess I'm just glad i don't count as bronze.

It's based on wins not kda or anything so it's kind of... sketchy. However, how they do KDA is brilliant.

It's Kills + (Assists/3) - Deaths / Games

• Options
    joshgotrojoshgotro Deviled Egg The Land of REAL CHILIRegistered User regular
    Why the extra math?

• Options
    descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    dSoye6jl.jpg

So I played a bit of this last night and overall I really like it so far.

We tried the sports flag mode PVP where you do five rounds which I found pretty lame. The 4v4 arena just felt like archaic team DM but I guess it is supposed to be a return to classic form in tightened up fashion?

Warzone, however, was great and was the PVP format for me. I like the more open maps (we did a snow one) and the base capturing and use of vehicles really mixed things up. I like the inclusion of enemy AIs a lot. The hybrid approach is excellent and keeps it from just feeling like "run in circles in a tiny area shooting at players."

We only did the first campaign mission but it seemed promising. I have no real background in Halo so I like that there are voiced characters in co-op or as AI pals. It seems to set a stage for the characters having a little personality.

It's weird hearing Cayde-6 talking during Halo missions, though. >_>

• Options
    It is a lot better at showing your actual contribution than just K/D or KDA.

So if I'm 6.2 then I'm on average worth 6 more kills during a match than not. You need to weight the assists since they are important but not directly contributing to the 50 points.

• Options
    I like it.

• Options
    Me too once I figured out what the fuck was going on when I was like 180 kills, 130 deaths and 80 assists with a big fat 6.2 next to my name (my kda numbers are just guesses of what I had last night).

• Options
    I'll have to check that out once I finish the campaign.
    If they are just named weapons scattered throughout the maps, that reminds me of Colonial Marines... except you can't keep them. Single player persistent customizable weapons in Halo 6?

• Options
    johnmd20johnmd20 Registered User regular
    I played 5 hours of the campaign yesterday. I loved it, had trouble stopping. We'll see how it turns out. Haven't hit multi player yet, but I will spend approximately 95% of my total time playing multi.

• Options
    Is there any overlap with commendation progress in the SP and Warzone as far as killing AI guys?

• Options
    Wraith260Wraith260 Happiest Goomba! Registered User regular
    Is there any overlap with commendation progress in the SP and Warzone as far as killing AI guys?

nope. i've not entered Warzone yet and have seen zero progress on those commendations.

• Options
    So far for me, Warzone is a long round of sniping, follow ed by five minutes of both teams concentrated on a choke point for the final objective with vehicles, murdering indiscriminately until time runs out.

It's not been great. Maybe the maps are better designed than i realize, but so far they just seem to be funnels.

• Options
    edited October 2015
    Early plot question
    OK so that cut scene towards the beginning with Halsey in a lab with the picture of Keyes on her desk. What is she doing with Cortana there?

This really is a damn fine game.

Styrofoam Sammich on
    wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    NosfNosf Registered User regular
    Crushed through heroic campaign yesterday by myself, and I did like the story.
    I think the overall villain needs to be less moustache twirling and more of a calm, reasoned, "This is for your own good."
    Time for legendary, and looking for terminals / skulls.

Warzone is good, I tried both and in some ways it's a little frustrating but at least I've unlocked the BR, and SMG. I have about 10 or so Wraith cards, which are pretty fun to run people over with. It doesn't seem to hard to hijack or destroy a tank, so even if someone drops 50 bucks on cards and manages to get a pile of tank cards, it isn't an assured path to victory.

• Options
    Early plot question
    OK so that cut scene towards the beginning with Halsey in a lab with the picture of Keyes on her desk. What is she doing with Cortana there?

Not sure, maybe...
    She made another Cortana? Cortana is basically her brain-print or however those work?

• Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    edited October 2015
    So I've been playing Destiny for the past year. I ran Halo 5's first mission last night and while I liked it, I can't help but feel like the shooting mechanics and overall gameplay feels ... cheap? Like I can't put my finger on it, but its just feels loose and juvenile?

I don't know.

I mean I enjoyed playing it and am still definitely looking forward to spending more time with it.

ObiFett on
  • Options
    mosssnackmosssnack Yeah right, man, Bishop should go! Good idea!Registered User regular
    Played a bit of arena last night. It feels pretty good. I kinda miss seeing numbers pop for damage dealt, but that's just from me playing too much destiny.

The magnum is solid. The range is great and damage is fine for a weapon you spawn with. Still getting used to boosting around, but I've been able to survive a few times using it after getting caught from behind. I can't stand the map Regret. To be fair, I've disliked all the previous iterations of that map from previous games.

Still doing placement matches for slayer, so the games have been all over the place. Anywhere from a .5 to 3.0 a game. I look forward to it evening out once I get placed and there's been enough time for all the tiers to equalize.

The campaign is pretty fun so far. I really dig the 60fps. Killing stuff feels a tad off for me. Mobs don't really flinch, stagger, or show much of an indication that they've been hit. A lot of that expectation comes from destiny as well, so I probably just need to get used to it.

Overall I'm pretty pleased and looking forward to hopping back on tonight.

If anyone else is down to Arena, hit me up!

XBL: mosssnack12
    bnet: moss*1454
  • Options
    edited October 2015
    Early plot question

Not sure, maybe...
    She made another Cortana? Cortana is basically her brain-print or however those work?
    Yeah I thought maybe a flash back or she was just like looking at a "picture" of cortana or something, IDK. She seemed like she knew exactly what was happening for most of the story. I can see Halo 6 ending with him getting a "fresh" Cortana though.

Anyway, is it just me or are Hunters like way harder now? Not just better AI, but stronger mechanics and tougher even in their weak points. I threw a plasma grenade at one of them and he swatted it away with his shield.

Styrofoam Sammich on
    wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    He swatted a stickie grenade away?

Physics!

• Options
    sPider817sPider817 Registered User, ClubPA regular
    I played through the entirety of the campaign without even remembering you COULD do the side thrust.

Battlenet: s314der#1279 XBL: s314der YouTube
    Twitch Wed-Sun, 2-5pm CST
  • Options
    sPider817 wrote: »
    I played through the entirety of the campaign without even remembering you COULD do the side thrust.

I think its actually the only way to dodge a hunter shield slam now too.

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg