As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[College Football] tOSU won by 22 and it wasn't even that close

ASimPersonASimPerson Cold...and hard.Registered User regular
edited January 2015 in Social Entropy++
We had one dud and one classic in the first round of the college football playoff.

Otherwise, bowl season is mostly complete, and the deep dark of the offseason is nearly here. Huddle here for warmth, all the way through the title game on January 12.

Relevant link: SB Nation's Bowl Overview, with all you need to know!

Speaking of which, vote for the winner below.

ASimPerson on

[College Football] tOSU won by 22 and it wasn't even that close 60 votes

Oregon
73%
MulletudeBogeyTheBlackWindRaijin QuickfootHouk the NamebringerASimPersonSlacker71DoctorArchJimBobtheMonkeyDead LegendThe JudgeenlightenedbumSirToastyJragghenDaMoonRulzBorommakotrhylithtuggaLanglyNarbus 44 votes
Ohio State
26%
PMAversRinderZeroCowJean Claude Van CalmDJ EebsJosiah_9RehabKhavallWednesdayDoctor FinkMagellZombie HerozerzhulOghulkAssuranGnizmo 16 votes

• Options
    PellaeonPellaeon Registered User regular
    Roll tears

• Options
    ASimPersonASimPerson Cold... and hard.Registered User regular
    Oregon
    Oh shit I'm so sorry @Romanian My Escutcheon‌ I just saw your post in the old thread.... uh, post it here asap? I'll even put it in the OP and give you credit. Sorry.

• Options
    AssuranAssuran Is swinging on the Spiral Registered User regular
    Ohio State
    I'm backing tOSU, but yeah, Oregon is going to light up our D like a Christmas tree.

Hopefully we can match point for point.

• Options
    RehabRehab Registered User regular
    Ohio State
    This was a pretty good day for football and it wasn't even that bad for hangovers!

NNID: Rehab0
  • Options
    Butler For Life #1Butler For Life #1 Twinning is WinningRegistered User regular
    Oregon
    If OSU wins next week, Wake Forest will have a national title by the laws of the Transitive Property of Football.

GO DEACS!

• Options
    Romanian My EscutcheonRomanian My Escutcheon Two of Forks Registered User regular
    Oregon
    ASimPerson wrote: »
    Oh shit I'm so sorry @Romanian My Escutcheon‌ I just saw your post in the old thread.... uh, post it here asap? I'll even put it in the OP and give you credit. Sorry.

No worries; I didn't even think to do a poll, so this works out great.

Might wanna slip this into the OP, though; full schedule of bowls, and the wins/losses so far.

[IMG][/img]
  • Options
    enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    Oregon
    On OSU QBs: Please be Herman and not Meyer coaching them. Because the coaching there is pretty good. And I'm pretty sure that random WR would be Michigan's best QB.

On how OSU lost to VT: four new offensive line starters with a freshman QB and VT blitzed the fuck out of them. Really had them confused. But they figured it out by the time other teams tried to pull the same thing, because they have a good offensive coaching staff. Remain dubious about the defense.

Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
  • Options
    DaMoonRulzDaMoonRulz Mare ImbriumRegistered User regular
    Oregon
    Michigan State's only losses this year were to the teams in the National Championship game. Not too shabby!

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    Romanian My EscutcheonRomanian My Escutcheon Two of Forks Registered User regular
    Oregon
    Oh, and since I didn't say this the night of; fuck the Tropicana Dome, fuck BitCoin, and fuck ever going back to St. Pete to play in that rinky dink bowl.

And I hope somebody in UCF's administration lights a fire under George O'Leary's lazy ass; we should've done way better this season, and we definitely should've won against NC State.

[IMG][/img]
  • Options
    RehabRehab Registered User regular
    Ohio State
    I'm actually pretty cool with either team winning, I just like the thought of a Big 10 team taking it.

The reign of the Big 10 should start here, in 2015! It would be a glorious and baffling age.

NNID: Rehab0
  • Options
    MvrckMvrck Dwarven MountainhomeRegistered User regular
  • Options
    NiryaNirya Registered User regular
    Oregon
    Can't wait to lose horribly to Kansas State tomorrow!

t70pctuqq2uv.png
    3DS: 2981-5304-3227
  • Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
  • Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    edited January 2015
    Oregon
    SEC is 5-5 in bowl games this season.

EDIT typo

Goose! on
  • Options
    Oregon
    Goose! wrote: »
    SEC is 5-6 in bowl games this season.

And are depending on a coachless Florida and Tennessee to get them back to a positive win rate!

• Options
    RinderRinder Registered User regular
    Ohio State
    Mvrck wrote: »
    SEC is 5-6 in bowl games this season.

And are depending on a coachless Florida and Tennessee to get them back to a positive win rate!

One of our 6th year seniors basically bailed on us for the bowl game. Just straight up said he wasn't going to play and left the team. I'm a little worried that we are not prepared for this game.

• Options
    TheBlackWindTheBlackWind Registered User regular
    Oregon
    Wonder what nick Saban will try to get banned in the offseason after that loss. Wide receivers passing?

PAD ID - 328,762,218
  • Options
    enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    Oregon
    There's always Kiffin.

Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
  • Options
    SiliconStewSiliconStew Registered User regular
    SEC is 5-5 in bowl games this season.

EDIT typo

A&M and Arkansas the only victors from the SEC west.

Just remember that half the people you meet are below average intelligence.
  • Options
    satansfingerssatansfingers Registered User regular
    the SEC champion has lost two consecutive bowls

the SEC runner-up has won two consecutive bowls

long live missouri

• Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    edited January 2015
    Ohio State
    missouri can't hang with the big boys in the sec is what I heard

DJ Eebs on
  • Options
    SyphyreSyphyre A Dangerous Pastime Registered User regular
    Oregon
    The finals game is 11 days after the semi-finals. Seems like that's enough time for rust to grow a little bit.

• Options
    XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    Oregon
    looks like the SEC lost it's ponzi scheme

• Options
    GyralGyral Registered User regular
    It feels weird that Alabama has already played and that local college East Carolina University hasn't. Like time is going in reverse.

25t9pjnmqicf.jpg
  • Options
    rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular
    Oregon
    We have to give you guys a good year to build up some confidence.

Then we can break you again for another 7 straight years.

• Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    Was it already discussed at the end of the last thread that Jameis is strongly considering spring baseball, which would make him ineligible for the draft and probably mean he's coming back for another season?

• Options
    MulletudeMulletude Registered User regular
    Oregon
    I imagine saban fired lasers from his eyes and exploded kiffins head.

But kiffin wasnt responsible for giving up a sugar bowl record 230 rushing yards to one guy

XBL-Dug Danger WiiU-DugDanger Steam-http://steamcommunity.com/id/DugDanger/
  • Options
    BobbleBobble Registered User regular
    Oregon
    Was it already discussed at the end of the last thread that Jameis is strongly considering spring baseball, which would make him ineligible for the draft and probably mean he's coming back for another season?

More likely Jameis doesn't understand how eligibility works and will just do what he wants and then show up to the NFL combine and draft uninvited. And then somebody's training camp too, in all likelihood.

• Options
    XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    Oregon
    I'm surprised more star players don't avoid the draft and walk-on to the teams they want to play for

draft money got nerfed

• Options
    The JudgeThe Judge The Terwilliger CurvesRegistered User regular
    Oregon
    ASimPerson wrote: »
    We had one dud and one classic in the first round of the college football playoff.

Less competitive, sure, but I can't take the joy of watching FSU ground into fine paste by the Oregon Death Machine and consider it dud.

Last pint: Turmoil CDA / Barley Brown's - Untappd: TheJudge_PDX
  • Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    Oregon
    I think he'll be hiring an agent and skipping baseball. The rookie wage scale didn't stop dudes from declaring early, it's made record numbers of underclassmen declare.

• Options
    Oregon
    Also, this
    gime5ct2zqnidndynkow.jpg

• Options
    OghulkOghulk Tinychat Janitor TinychatRegistered User regular
    Ohio State
    I am so pumped for this championship game you guys. An underdog Ohio State against the Light Side of Oregon and Super Mariota.

So excited.

• Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    I think he'll be hiring an agent and skipping baseball. The rookie wage scale didn't stop dudes from declaring early, it's made record numbers of underclassmen declare.

the incentive to declare early is smaller, but it's still obviously a lot of money.

also you can't just skip the draft and walk on to whatever team

NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • Options
    Josiah_9Josiah_9 Registered User regular
    Ohio State
    I didn't give tOSU any chance in the Big Ten Championship, or against 'bama. I don't know know how to feel now.

Saturate.jpg
  • Options
    Oregon
    Holy crap this game was over I thought and all of a sudden its a 1 TD game and Houston just recovered their 2nd onside kick

• Options
    Oregon
    Josiah_9 wrote: »
    I didn't give tOSU any chance in the Big Ten Championship, or against 'bama. I don't know know how to feel now.

tOSU is the new FSU

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    Oregon

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    Oregon
    That was an epic implosion by Pitt there. So pretty much par for the course. Narduzzi is going to have his hands full.

• Options
    TheBlackWindTheBlackWind Registered User regular
    Oregon
    damn it Iowa, you had one job.

PAD ID - 328,762,218
This discussion has been closed.