As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Dragon Age Inquisition] Seeker Pentaghast found some lost hobo in a ditch and here we are

CambiataCambiata Commander ShepardThe likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular
Yuko Ota drew her Inquisitor:

tumblr_nfifvoyXpb1qc2etlo1_500.png
Inquisitor Raksha. photoshop.

So I guess Seeker Pentaghast found some lost hobo in a ditch and thought to herself “yes perfect this dumbass will lead my rogue political movement.”

and here we are

List of people for multi: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AtnkIjN6PVE0dGxuSWtOX2FNVVlLSXhrSUQ0ZmRsbXc&usp=sharing#gid=0

Place to add your name: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1kC0Ma9q9C-jEGXGgLYuwzqtDXUCPZW2i4QwAA22153k/viewform?c=0&w=1

"If you divide the whole world into just enemies and friends, you'll end up destroying everything" --Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind
«134567100

Posts

  • Options
    CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular
    I really like her drawing because it leaves off the butt flap. Bioware really likes their butt flaps these days but I wish they would quit with them.

    "If you divide the whole world into just enemies and friends, you'll end up destroying everything" --Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind
  • Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    Butt Flap?

    I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    nicopernicusnicopernicus Registered User regular
    Will this finally be the thread in which I finish my first play-through of Inquisition? I sure hope so.

  • Options
    CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular
    Butt Flap?

    The little cape-thing that only covers the butt. Like mud flaps, except for the butt.

    "If you divide the whole world into just enemies and friends, you'll end up destroying everything" --Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind
  • Options
    LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    I did wicked hearts last night, but because I didn't show an item to an npc i didn't get the good ending so I am just gonna re-do the final bit, pretty annoying. I had it in my inventory! I could have just shown them there!

    also, I think that mission kind of shoe horns you into some political decisions that don't really make sense.
    Like, if I were able, I would give gaspard a cabinet position while reconciling briala and celene. Not because that is the happiest, but because that's the most reasonable and the thing I think would have the most lasting positive effect. executing gaspard is a waste. he would be well served still working with the military as long as he can be kept in check from, you know, usurping celene. Celene has the better hold for the long term and is going to (i think) make better decisions than gaspard, but having that dude around won't be bad news. It's also probably not a great idea to publicly execute the dude that your entire army thinks is awesome. It just makes him a martyr.

    I don't see why you can't thread that needle. You can make them all your political puppets but I also don't want the inquisition to run the country as a puppet state, that's too much power and will also create instability once it needs to end.

  • Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    Cambiata wrote: »
    Butt Flap?

    The little cape-thing that only covers the butt. Like mud flaps, except for the butt.

    ...Do you mean a tunic?

    A lot of them had splits that started at the hip for extra flexibility

    I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    Ok I see what you're talking about

    yeah that's just part of the tunic, it looks like a separate piece of clothing because they're wearing a belt

    I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    Langly wrote: »
    I did wicked hearts last night, but because I didn't show an item to an npc i didn't get the good ending so I am just gonna re-do the final bit, pretty annoying. I had it in my inventory! I could have just shown them there!

    also, I think that mission kind of shoe horns you into some political decisions that don't really make sense.
    Like, if I were able, I would give gaspard a cabinet position while reconciling briala and celene. Not because that is the happiest, but because that's the most reasonable and the thing I think would have the most lasting positive effect. executing gaspard is a waste. he would be well served still working with the military as long as he can be kept in check from, you know, usurping celene. Celene has the better hold for the long term and is going to (i think) make better decisions than gaspard, but having that dude around won't be bad news. It's also probably not a great idea to publicly execute the dude that your entire army thinks is awesome. It just makes him a martyr.

    I don't see why you can't thread that needle. You can make them all your political puppets but I also don't want the inquisition to run the country as a puppet state, that's too much power and will also create instability once it needs to end.

    Yeah the more I think about it, I really didn't like how that mission played out in nearly any incarnation

    cool idea but it didn't work for me

    I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    edited January 2015
    CrimsonKing‌ http://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/comment/31565739/#Comment_31565739

    whole game stuff
    Old Gods are the gods of the old Tevinter Imperium (ie the time and place corypheus is from) and an Archdemon is what you call an old god that has been found and corrupted by Darkspawn

    The Old Gods visited the magisters of the old tevinter imperium in their dreams via the fade and so there being are only seven Old Gods (so only 7 potential archdemons) was presumably established by direct communication between the old gods and the ancient tevinter magisters and can more or less be assumed to be fact

    In theory after the last old god is found by darkspawn, corrupted into an archdemon, then killed by a grey warden, there will be no more potential blights.

    Darkspawn would remain a problem but mostly just for dwarves, but the glorious surface world would be pretty safe because without the Archdemon's will to guide the critical mass of a blight

    Kwoaru on
    2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    Solas was gonna say something to me after In Hushed Whispers but the game bugged out

  • Options
    IlpalaIlpala Just this guy, y'know TexasRegistered User regular
    Kwoaru wrote: »
    CrimsonKing‌ http://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/comment/31565739/#Comment_31565739

    whole game stuff
    Old Gods are the gods of the old Tevinter Imperium (ie the time and place corypheus is from) and an Archdemon is what you call an old god that has been found and corrupted by Darkspawn

    The Old Gods visited the magisters of the old tevinter imperium in their dreams via the fade and so there being are only seven Old Gods (so only 7 potential archdemons) was presumably established by direct communication between the old gods and the ancient tevinter magisters and can more or less be assumed to be fact

    In theory after the last old god is found by darkspawn, corrupted into an archdemon, then killed by a grey warden, there will be no more potential blights.

    Darkspawn would remain a problem but mostly just for dwarves, but the glorious surface world would be pretty safe because without the Archdemon's will to guide the critical mass of a blight
    Or they'd all be driven insane and we'd have a super-mega-ULTRA blight.

    FF XIV - Qih'to Furishu (on Siren), Battle.Net - Ilpala#1975
    Switch - SW-7373-3669-3011
    Fuck Joe Manchin
  • Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    Ilpala wrote: »
    Kwoaru wrote: »
    CrimsonKing‌ http://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/comment/31565739/#Comment_31565739

    whole game stuff
    Old Gods are the gods of the old Tevinter Imperium (ie the time and place corypheus is from) and an Archdemon is what you call an old god that has been found and corrupted by Darkspawn

    The Old Gods visited the magisters of the old tevinter imperium in their dreams via the fade and so there being are only seven Old Gods (so only 7 potential archdemons) was presumably established by direct communication between the old gods and the ancient tevinter magisters and can more or less be assumed to be fact

    In theory after the last old god is found by darkspawn, corrupted into an archdemon, then killed by a grey warden, there will be no more potential blights.

    Darkspawn would remain a problem but mostly just for dwarves, but the glorious surface world would be pretty safe because without the Archdemon's will to guide the critical mass of a blight
    Or they'd all be driven insane and we'd have a super-mega-ULTRA blight.

    Ideally, yes

    2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular
    edited January 2015
    Ok I see what you're talking about

    yeah that's just part of the tunic, it looks like a separate piece of clothing because they're wearing a belt

    Well I mean, I wasn't accusing it of being a separate piece of clothing. I never thought it was that.

    I'm acusing it of being a bad design decision in a video game, one that Bioware is inordinately fond of. Butt flaps and loin cloths. You see these a lot in SWTOR. You see a new chest piece in the Cartel Market and you think it's going to be a great chest piece. Then you actually get it and find it has a butt flap, and those butt flaps clip into EVERYTHING. They are the worst.

    On the inquisitor's outfit, the butt flap is especially bad on Dwarves, because they didn't adjust it well enough for dat ass. So even standing still, the butt flap clips into dwarven hips continuously. :(

    Cambiata on
    "If you divide the whole world into just enemies and friends, you'll end up destroying everything" --Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind
  • Options
    UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    Hullis wrote: »
    Solas was gonna say something to me after In Hushed Whispers but the game bugged out

    He was going to say
    Hail Hydra

  • Options
    monsterrormonsterror HEY ASSBUTT Registered User regular
    I just started playing Origins after having it in my library for what feel like forever.

    This game is neat.

  • Options
    Desert LeviathanDesert Leviathan Registered User regular
    On making dudes tranquil, from the last thread:
    My first Inquisitor was big on using his position to push for Mage Independence. His desire to prove that mages could rule responsibly is precisely why he made Alexius tranquil. Irresponsible Time Magic (or frankly any Time Magic) falls under the heading of "Potential Existential Threat", and can't be tolerated. Even though it soured his relationship with his Mage allies, and pissed off most of his Companions, my Inquisitor was OK with being the bad guy in that case, to set a clear example that use of any Doomsday Magic will have the direst possible consequences.

    I still haven't played DA2 though, which I understand deals with the subject a good deal more, and may have heavily influenced people's perception of the tranquil.

    Realizing lately that I don't really trust or respect basically any of the moderators here. So, good luck with life, friends! Hit me up on Twitter @DesertLeviathan
  • Options
    Caulk Bite 6Caulk Bite 6 One of the multitude of Dans infesting this place Registered User regular
    edited January 2015
    Ilpala wrote: »
    Kwoaru wrote: »
    CrimsonKing‌ http://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/comment/31565739/#Comment_31565739

    whole game stuff
    Old Gods are the gods of the old Tevinter Imperium (ie the time and place corypheus is from) and an Archdemon is what you call an old god that has been found and corrupted by Darkspawn

    The Old Gods visited the magisters of the old tevinter imperium in their dreams via the fade and so there being are only seven Old Gods (so only 7 potential archdemons) was presumably established by direct communication between the old gods and the ancient tevinter magisters and can more or less be assumed to be fact

    In theory after the last old god is found by darkspawn, corrupted into an archdemon, then killed by a grey warden, there will be no more potential blights.

    Darkspawn would remain a problem but mostly just for dwarves, but the glorious surface world would be pretty safe because without the Archdemon's will to guide the critical mass of a blight
    Or they'd all be driven insane and we'd have a super-mega-ULTRA blight.

    OR
    they're all driven sane and we have at least a full third of a game involving political maneuvering and figuring out what to do with all these centuries old, corrupted but otherwise extrordinarily polite members of all the races. Presumably, there's a bunch of wardens in the mix. Imagine the reunion of Duncan and Alistair. no wait Duncan actually died, we went back and burned his corpse.

    Still.

    I think it's be fun.

    Caulk Bite 6 on
    jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    SoundsPlushSoundsPlush yup, back. Registered User regular
    Well, if Awakening is anything to go by
    Half the darkspawn will go insane and the other half will be sane and really bad at following directions.

    s7Imn5J.png
  • Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    Merrill you are the worst

    6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    guys I dunno why the combat in this is getting slagged

    it's not the pinnacle of the series but I like it

  • Options
    LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    i think the early warrior combat is pretty terrible. once you can be a reaver or other specialization it's pretty good.

  • Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    "i'm just restoring this ominous as shit mirror that probably murdered a guy that absolutely nobody wants me to fix, what could possibly go wrong"

    merrill do you not see the loading screens of an old mirror shattering into a black vortex

    that is what could go wrong

    6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    Mr. G wrote: »
    "i'm just restoring this ominous as shit mirror that probably murdered a guy that absolutely nobody wants me to fix, what could possibly go wrong"

    merrill do you not see the loading screens of an old mirror shattering into a black vortex

    that is what could go wrong
    Turns out she's absolutely right!

  • Options
    CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular
    Mr. G wrote: »
    "i'm just restoring this ominous as shit mirror that probably murdered a guy that absolutely nobody wants me to fix, what could possibly go wrong"

    merrill do you not see the loading screens of an old mirror shattering into a black vortex

    that is what could go wrong

    Please tell me you're going full rivalry with Merril.

    It's the only way to get her to listen!

    "If you divide the whole world into just enemies and friends, you'll end up destroying everything" --Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind
  • Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    Merrill is genuinely making me kinda furious with her "poor me" attitude when she is trying to win a medal for "Most Dangerous Things Stupidly Attempted"

    And that is "Most" as in BOTH the most dangerous things and the most times

    6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    StrikorStrikor Calibrations? Calibrations! Registered User regular
    Hey she knows her talents. Talents for doing dangerous, stupid things.

  • Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    I loooooooove the "let one of your party members handle this" button

    Tell em who we are, Varric

    6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    Mr. G wrote: »
    Merrill is genuinely making me kinda furious with her "poor me" attitude when she is trying to win a medal for "Most Dangerous Things Stupidly Attempted"

    And that is "Most" as in BOTH the most dangerous things and the most times

    @Mr. G I love you so much

    I hated her so much for that and noone else listened

    I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    Devlin_DragonusDevlin_Dragonus Gorgeous Dallas, TXRegistered User regular
    Stop talking bad about Hudson Hawkes elven lady love.

    I got nothing for you now. Try again later.

  • Options
    CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular
    Mr. G wrote: »
    Merrill is genuinely making me kinda furious with her "poor me" attitude when she is trying to win a medal for "Most Dangerous Things Stupidly Attempted"

    And that is "Most" as in BOTH the most dangerous things and the most times

    Mr. G I love you so much

    I hated her so much for that and noone else listened

    Really? Was Merril love ever that one-sided? I thought she was always a polarizing figure, similar to Sera. (similar in that they're polarizing, not that they're anything alike)

    "If you divide the whole world into just enemies and friends, you'll end up destroying everything" --Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind
  • Options
    RainfallRainfall Registered User regular
    Mr. G wrote: »
    Merrill is genuinely making me kinda furious with her "poor me" attitude when she is trying to win a medal for "Most Dangerous Things Stupidly Attempted"

    And that is "Most" as in BOTH the most dangerous things and the most times

    Merill makes a lot of good points. Blood Magic isn't inherently evil, and she uses it responsibly. She understands the risks of what she's doing, and she accepts that the consequences are on her head.
    Most importantly, she's trying to view things through an elven lens and not a Chantry-Approved lens, which means that she's actually trying to deal with spirits as spirits and not "demons GTFO. "

    Most of her problems come with people fucking shit up for her in an attempt to save her from herself.

  • Options
    RainfallRainfall Registered User regular
    That said, Merrill is not that smart and would probably be neck deep in shit if Hawke and Co didn't keep bailing her out. Just, you know, she's not all wrong.

  • Options
    KanaKana Registered User regular
    Even though a few of Merrill's opinions get pretty well reinforced in DA:I by Solas and others...

    Even the things she turned out to be right about don't actually make me trust her opinions any more.

    Like yeah, fine, not all spirits are demons, but you're still trying to make deals with what is definitely a demon you idiot.

    A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • Options
    Mild ConfusionMild Confusion Smash All Things Registered User regular
    Cambiata wrote: »
    Butt Flap?

    The little cape-thing that only covers the butt. Like mud flaps, except for the butt.

    A butt? Like where poop comes from?

    steam_sig.png

    Battlenet ID: MildC#11186 - If I'm in the game, send me an invite at anytime and I'll play.
  • Options
    RainfallRainfall Registered User regular
    Kana wrote: »
    Even though a few of Merrill's opinions get pretty well reinforced in DA:I by Solas and others...

    Even the things she turned out to be right about don't actually make me trust her opinions any more.

    Like yeah, fine, not all spirits are demons, but you're still trying to make deals with what is definitely a demon you idiot.

    Stop oppressing her culture!
    :rotate:

  • Options
    Mild ConfusionMild Confusion Smash All Things Registered User regular
    Rainfall wrote: »
    Kana wrote: »
    Even though a few of Merrill's opinions get pretty well reinforced in DA:I by Solas and others...

    Even the things she turned out to be right about don't actually make me trust her opinions any more.

    Like yeah, fine, not all spirits are demons, but you're still trying to make deals with what is definitely a demon you idiot.

    Stop oppressing her culture!
    :rotate:

    Exactly!

    It's not as if demon from the Fade led to the destruction of the same culture she is trying to remember via a demon from the Fade...

    steam_sig.png

    Battlenet ID: MildC#11186 - If I'm in the game, send me an invite at anytime and I'll play.
  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    merril is a dumb idiot who only gets defended by the tali waifu club

    liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    KanaKana Registered User regular
    merril is a dumb idiot who only gets defended by the tali waifu club

    As a member of the Tali waifu club...

    A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    Rainfall wrote: »
    That said, Merrill is not that smart and would probably be neck deep in shit if Hawke and Co didn't keep bailing her out. Just, you know, she's not all wrong.

    Eh, I think that she makes some mistakes, but if her keeper and whatnot were willing to actually help her, instead of just automatically condemning her for everything she's doing, she'd be a lot less dangerous.

  • Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    "There's nothing inherently evil about blood magic"

    Maybe I'm prejudiced

    But anything you have to slice your palm open with a knife to get done feels pretty evil

    6F32U1X.png
This discussion has been closed.