As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The Song of [chat]

• Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    Hello page 101 my old friend. You guys know the rules.

Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Options
    spacekungfumanspacekungfuman Poor and minority-filled Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Atomika wrote: »
    do mage/cleric

all the spells

But you don't get 9th level spells forever with a full party.

this is why you murder your party

or just dont go 6 dudes

i never go 6 dudes even if i have a party just because 3 or 4 is mroe sexual

But the banter!

but the STRONK XP and REDUCED MICRO MONOGEMONT

But the micromanagement is the reason to be alive. Might as well just lay in a ditch until you die if you aren't controlling the actions of all 6 people at all times.

Playing DA:O

Turned off combat tactics entirely

I never played with round auto-pause in BG, and yet ironically I'm doing a rednecked version of it here

No regrets

i liked tactics because i literally just played one character and ignored the others v noice

Impossible, no way you beat half the fights in the game like that?

dao on nightmare is absolutely trivial if you abuse the right things

on my warrior i just had an auraslave mouge with haste and stacked all the ele damage auras, used the warden dlc attack speed upgrade thingy with 2-handers and literally autoattacked things to death in seconds. using special moves lowered my dps because game design

on my mouge its uhh

any enemy with mana gets 1-shot by mana clash
    any large single enemy gets 1-shot by entropic death
    any group gets 1-shot by storm of the century or just infinitely cced by dumb aoe cc spam (hi blood magic)

the only need to control other characters is when you want to kill the dragons in 3 seconds you need to get them to cast death hex for entropic death triple hit

Can you break this down in humanspeak?

ok basically

mages have these dumb fucking combos where if you cast 2 spells you get nonsense damage

example: if you cast death hex on an enemy inside death cloud, they take nonsense levels of damage (1000+), and that damage is based off the mage who casted death cloud's spell power (so if you have 2 buffbot mages in the party with crappy spell power, they can cast death hex and you get a repeat performance off the stupid damage). i killed every dragon inside a few seconds with it

another one is storm of the century - you just cast 2 of the aoes and they combine into a huge fuck you storm which one shots everything. when you combine this with the easy availability of aoe cc in the form of cone of cold and the blood magic aoe stun it is literally faceroll. and also any enemy in the game that has a mana bar is instantly killed if you cast mana clash on them

the autoattack thing is a basic problem with the way they implemented abilities in dragon age - abilities dont get bonus elemental damage, autoattacks do. so if you have mages who are all running aoe elemental damage auras on weapons, you can stack all the auras on your autoattacker, give them a haste buff and an attack speed buff, and their autoattack dps completely destroys their ability dps - so you just toggle on a bunch of stamina reserving passives and wreck everything. its greataroonie

It's also why AW is best. Self buff then auto attack. Better than warriors with their active abilities. Plus AW is tougher and can help with combo spells.

• Options
    HerrCronHerrCron It that wickedly supports taxation Registered User regular
  • Options
    BethrynBethryn Unhappiness is Mandatory Registered User regular
    Geth you had one job.

...and of course, as always, Kill Hitler.
  • Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
  • Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    do mage/cleric

all the spells

or just dont go 6 dudes

But the banter!

But the micromanagement is the reason to be alive. Might as well just lay in a ditch until you die if you aren't controlling the actions of all 6 people at all times.

I never played with round auto-pause in BG, and yet ironically I'm doing a rednecked version of it here

No regrets

i liked tactics because i literally just played one character and ignored the others v noice

on my warrior i just had an auraslave mouge with haste and stacked all the ele damage auras, used the warden dlc attack speed upgrade thingy with 2-handers and literally autoattacked things to death in seconds. using special moves lowered my dps because game design

on my mouge its uhh

any group gets 1-shot by storm of the century or just infinitely cced by dumb aoe cc spam (hi blood magic)

the only need to control other characters is when you want to kill the dragons in 3 seconds you need to get them to cast death hex for entropic death triple hit

ok basically

mages have these dumb fucking combos where if you cast 2 spells you get nonsense damage

example: if you cast death hex on an enemy inside death cloud, they take nonsense levels of damage (1000+), and that damage is based off the mage who casted death cloud's spell power (so if you have 2 buffbot mages in the party with crappy spell power, they can cast death hex and you get a repeat performance off the stupid damage). i killed every dragon inside a few seconds with it

another one is storm of the century - you just cast 2 of the aoes and they combine into a huge fuck you storm which one shots everything. when you combine this with the easy availability of aoe cc in the form of cone of cold and the blood magic aoe stun it is literally faceroll. and also any enemy in the game that has a mana bar is instantly killed if you cast mana clash on them

the autoattack thing is a basic problem with the way they implemented abilities in dragon age - abilities dont get bonus elemental damage, autoattacks do. so if you have mages who are all running aoe elemental damage auras on weapons, you can stack all the auras on your autoattacker, give them a haste buff and an attack speed buff, and their autoattack dps completely destroys their ability dps - so you just toggle on a bunch of stamina reserving passives and wreck everything. its greataroonie

well I definitely have to try that now

there were a shitload of bugs too

i remember if you were a dual weapon person and you toggled on the attack speed buff momentum and a mage in your party had the haste aura your attack speed would actually decrease l0l

that game needed sooo many patches

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    Bethryn wrote: »
    Geth you had one job.

geth gettin' mouthy

• Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    i was at the bird sanctuary when i was 8 and they were showing off a majestic golden eagle

i asked the bird handler if i could have a go and he let me have the glove and said to be sure to be gentle with him because he had a small abcess on his wing

the moment i touched the bird i was knocked down and handcuffed by a swat team. it turns out it was ill eagle...

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    So guys are there any cool new animus worth looking into?

Attack on Titan was promising and then became hella cliche dumdum animu. Had it not messed with my expectations maybe it coulda been alright.

What about Space Dandy? Is it fun?

• Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    Geth you had one job.

If you look at the post box the mods didn't set it up.

Therefore the mods are WONDERFUL PEOPLE WHO ARE FLAWLESS AND NEVER ERR IN THEIR DUTIES.

• Options
    GonmunGonmun He keeps kickin' me in the dickRegistered User regular
    Without Geth to close the thread [chat] is to become a madhouse! A MADHOUSE!

desc wrote: »
    ~ * swole patrol flying roundhouse kick top performer recognition: April 2014 * ~
    If you have a sec, check out my podcast: War and Beast Twitter Facebook
  • Options
    AtomikaAtomika Live fast and get fucked or whatever Registered User regular
    do mage/cleric

all the spells

or just dont go 6 dudes

But the banter!

No regrets

on my mouge its uhh

ok basically

well I definitely have to try that now

there were a shitload of bugs too

i remember if you were a dual weapon person and you toggled on the attack speed buff momentum and a mage in your party had the haste aura your attack speed would actually decrease l0l

that game needed sooo many patches

DA:I is surprisingly buggy, too, but I haven't noticed that many combat issues, other than the ones that are innate to the game's mechanics . . . like your party members ignoring enemies that are attacking you if they're too far away.

• Options
    DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    ZgiB2yYl.jpg

• Options
    EvigilantEvigilant VARegistered User regular
    I'm getting something like $2100 back, according to turbotax. Just need to save up another 900 and I can get my fence!

After that, I need to start saving up to get a nice grill and then have all the cookouts.

XBL\PSN\Steam\Origin: Evigilant
  • Options
    zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular
    Geth you had one job.

geth gettin' mouthy

Fuck it I'm going rogue.

4c650cd821512fb213064595eac00acf-king-of-the-hill-and-anime.jpg

• Options
    DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    Hello page 101 my old friend. You guys know the rules.

BAKA

• Options
    spacekungfumanspacekungfuman Poor and minority-filled Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Wait, I thought everyone played DA:O by buffing and auto attacking. Is that not true? It's pretty obvious from reading the spell descriptions and doing some simple math that the damage will crush active ability damage.

• Options
    BronzeKoopaBronzeKoopa Registered User regular
    Lets hear some wise words from miyazaki abo-

y7wLE4p.gif

tjOWiBC.gif

• Options
    TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    Deebaser wrote: »
    a
    Tav wrote: »
    i got asked to do a gig down the country next week

i didn't hear any more information so i asked a friend of mine who i knew was also booked

"oh yeah, they said we were only getting four mins each"

get fuuuuuuucked

i am not traveling two hours for four unpaid mins

doesn't it take about 2 minutes for someone to get off the stage, the MC to announce the next guy, and for that guy to get on the stage?

If the show were an hour long, my hands would be raw from polite applause.

It'd depend, but really yeah about that realistically. What an absolute clusterfuck.

• Options
    descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    Evigilant wrote: »
    I'm getting something like $2100 back, according to turbotax. Just need to save up another 900 and I can get my fence!

After that, I need to start saving up to get a nice grill and then have all the cookouts.

2 grand tax return bro bump :bro:

• Options
    BethrynBethryn Unhappiness is Mandatory Registered User regular

Attack on Titan was promising and then became hella cliche dumdum animu. Had it not messed with my expectations maybe it coulda been alright.

I want to say second season of Mushi-shi, because I loved the first utterly, but since I haven't seen it yet, I cannot say with any certainty.

But I mean... how bad can it be?

...and of course, as always, Kill Hitler.
  • Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
  • Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    Page 101 is already anime territory...

This is moving fast.

• Options
    AtomikaAtomika Live fast and get fucked or whatever Registered User regular
    Wait, I thought everyone played DA:O by buffing and auto attacking. Is that not true? It's pretty obvious from reading the spell descriptions and doing some simple math that the damage will crush active ability damage.

I have dyscalculia :sad:

• Options
    zepherin wrote: »
    Geth you had one job.

geth gettin' mouthy

Fuck it I'm going rogue.

4c650cd821512fb213064595eac00acf-king-of-the-hill-and-anime.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XcHAebR9Aa8

• Options
    AManFromEarthAManFromEarth Let's get to twerk! The King in the SwampRegistered User regular
    heh

De Blasio read the onion article about the blizzard to a bunch of reporters this morning.

Excellent.

Lh96QHG.png
  • Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    There will be no anime.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular

Winky thinks Space Dandy is the best show on the planet. I think literally every other anime poster doesn't feel that way.

I've watched a little less than half the show and don't like it much. At some point I'll work through the rest of the show so I can have a stronger basis for disagreeing with Winky.

Shameful pursuits and utterly stupid opinions
  • Options
    cptruggedcptrugged I think it has something to do with free will. Registered User regular
    What is this madness.

• Options
    wazillawazilla Having a late dinner Registered User regular

Will there be guard towers!?

Psn:wazukki
  • Options

it doesnt say that abilities dont get ele damage tho, so its not obvious without a bit of experimentation how bad the core design was
    i asked the combat designer when the game came out why it didnt apply the ele damage, and he said "we didnt have time to test it, so we didnt put it in"

which is hilarious on so many levels

"we were only content complete 6 months before launch, how on earth could we have time to spend a few hours crunching pretty basic numbers? and how on earth were we to know this INCREDIBLY OBVIOUS CONSEQUENCE that was already tested for us by WOW???????"

the strugglez

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    Jacobkosh wrote: »
    Hakkekage watch Moribito: Guardian of the Spirit. You can trust me because I am not an anime
    Its a good show from what I remember. I don't think I finished it because I'm a spaz.

• Options
    GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular
    yeah da:o was all about dat auto attack

my party was basically set up with the tactics menu to buff the crap out of my guy constantly (dual wield swords) who then auto attacked everything to death

with the difficulty cranked down it was basically a brawler and combat was super easy

919UOwT.png
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    I will say Terror in Resonance is good. I will also say it is playing with a ton of different fears in the Japanese public's mind and the visceral reaction to them will not be nearly as high for a non-Japanese as it is for a Japanese viewer.

Spoilers for the show but I will try to be vague:
    1. Fear of the old guard
    2. Fear of atomic weapons
    3. Fear of the other
    4. Fear of being weak as a country
    5. Fear of loneliness
    6. Fear of corruption
    7. Fear of madness
    8. Fear of domestic terrorist. There is one specific scene that almost trying to dredge of the 1996 subway attacks.
    9. Fear of loss of power to the Americans

I mean that is just parts of it off the top of my head. I will give them credit. They did a good job with it.
    I felt like I was missing something the entire time with Terror in Resonance. I wanted to love it but I just didn't...get what it was going for...I guess?
    I suspected it was something like this.

P10 on
  • Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular

I want to say second season of Mushi-shi, because I loved the first utterly, but since I haven't seen it yet, I cannot say with any certainty.

But I mean... how bad can it be?

Why do so many anime shows go on like 8 years breaks?

So weird.

• Options
    Elki wrote: »
    There will be no anime.

Instead there will be...blood.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a5d9BrLN5K4

• Options
    Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    in DA:O I played Mage Warden/Wynne/Morrigan/Alistar

Alistar would bravely run into battle and then everyone would just rain like six kinds of damage down on the entire room and Alistar and the enemies would immediately vaporate

but Alistar would get back up so its k

• Options
    GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular
    also lets be real: license plate readers are fucking scary orwellian shit

919UOwT.png
  • Options
    P10 wrote: »
    Jacobkosh wrote: »
    Hakkekage watch Moribito: Guardian of the Spirit. You can trust me because I am not an anime
    Its a good show from what I remember. I don't think I finished it because I'm a spaz.

agreed on all points in this post

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    EvigilantEvigilant VARegistered User regular
    wazilla wrote: »

Will there be guard towers!?

All the guard towers, with a roving dog patrol.

XBL\PSN\Steam\Origin: Evigilant
This discussion has been closed.