As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The Song of [chat]

• Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    P10 wrote: »
    So guys are there any cool new animus worth looking into?

Attack on Titan was promising and then became hella cliche dumdum animu. Had it not messed with my expectations maybe it coulda been alright.

What about Space Dandy? Is it fun?
    Winky thinks Space Dandy is the best show on the planet. I think literally every other anime poster doesn't feel that way.

I've watched a little less than half the show and don't like it much. At some point I'll work through the rest of the show so I can have a stronger basis for disagreeing with Winky.

What did you not like about it?

• Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    Gooey wrote: »
    also lets be real: license plate readers are fucking scary orwellian shit

um i can read license plates.... am i a scary orwellian shit... gooey u hurt me...

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    Sir LandsharkSir Landshark resting shark face Registered User regular
    holy fuck I want to take our entire Michigan office and throw it in the ocean

Please consider the environment before printing this post.
  • Options
    DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    heh

De Blasio read the onion article about the blizzard to a bunch of reporters this morning.

Excellent.

i soaked up some awesomes for this yesterday.
    thanks D-blah

• Options
    BethrynBethryn Unhappiness is Mandatory Registered User regular
    Wait, I thought everyone played DA:O by buffing and auto attacking. Is that not true? It's pretty obvious from reading the spell descriptions and doing some simple math that the damage will crush active ability damage.
    The spell description is "While this spell is active, the caster enchants the party's melee weapons with flame so that they deal additional fire damage with each successful attack."

Doesn't say anything about autos only.

Turns out that BioWare just didn't have the time for testing the effects of the spell on balancing the special abilities, so they decided autos-only arbitrarily and left it at that.

...and of course, as always, Kill Hitler.
  • Options
    Sir LandsharkSir Landshark resting shark face Registered User regular

um i can read license plates.... am i a scary orwellian shit... gooey u hurt me...

we still love you bby

Please consider the environment before printing this post.
  • Options
    DiannaoChongDiannaoChong Registered User regular
    a

Attack on Titan was promising and then became hella cliche dumdum animu. Had it not messed with my expectations maybe it coulda been alright.

Winky thinks Space Dandy is the best show on the planet. I think literally every other anime poster doesn't feel that way.

I've watched a little less than half the show and don't like it much. At some point I'll work through the rest of the show so I can have a stronger basis for disagreeing with Winky.

It's grown on me. Space dandy is alright as long as you like comedy with no stakes.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular
    in DA:O I played Mage Warden/Wynne/Morrigan/Alistar

Alistar would bravely run into battle and then everyone would just rain like six kinds of damage down on the entire room and Alistar and the enemies would immediately vaporate

but Alistar would get back up so its k

but where is dog

Y U NO DOG

919UOwT.png
  • Options
    P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular

What did you not like about it?
    I don't care about the characters and I feel like the show doesn't care about the characters, either. There's no growth, or interesting relationships or anything.

The show is episodic with no important overarching plot. That's could be fine, but the show establishes early on that there is absolutely no consequence to anything that happens at all. Characters die and then come back and it is not dwelt on in the slightest. This makes me not invested in the action. I find the comedy mostly bad.

Every episode is the baseball episode from Samurai Champloo and it just doesn't work for me.

Shameful pursuits and utterly stupid opinions
  • Options
    dog and alistar were the best in the party cause alistar was so jelly of dog

919UOwT.png
  • Options
    AtomikaAtomika Live fast and get fucked or whatever Registered User regular
    I wish DA:I had auto-attack.

I also wish it had the combat wheel from DA2. It's really dumb to limit your skills to only those you can fit in your combat button slots. Also, I miss the active effects.

• Options
    Its a good show from what I remember. I don't think I finished it because I'm a spaz.
    The episode with the plucky sidekick and the Emperor's Guard, when he's trapped in the mill and it gets set on fire gave me all the feels.

It's one of those shows where at their heart, (almost) everybody is a good guy.

• Options
    zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular
    Elki wrote: »
    There will be no anime.
    Elki-sama is displeased

@Deebaser‌ Please be my second.

zoidberg-seppuku-o-s.gif

• Options
    HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    Wait, I thought everyone played DA:O by buffing and auto attacking. Is that not true? It's pretty obvious from reading the spell descriptions and doing some simple math that the damage will crush active ability damage.

i didn't 'cause i ain't no basic da:o bitch

• Options

her have a pizzas

https://33.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mebk2pgXnJ1qf6rvbo1_400.gif

919UOwT.png
  • Options
    ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    holy fuck I want to take our entire Michigan office and throw it in the ocean

why stop at the office?

fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    (also I didn't know about it)

• Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    I once watched an anime featuring a 7000 year old demon so that I could make jokes but it was actually kind of good and after 3 episodes I stopped before I died of shame.

Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Options
    I have not watched Space Dandy, and I must admit that that is primarily because the person who repeatedly recommended it to me is someone who also gushes really hard about moe and often watches anime I consider creepy, and I just do not want to accept that I may have tastes similar to this person.

• Options
    I once watched an anime featuring a 7000 year old demon so that I could make jokes but it was actually kind of good and after 3 episodes I stopped before I died of shame.
    which one was it i want to judge your taste

• Options
    VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    i guess the thing that i'm not sure about with 40k is that the space marines are like super soldier defenders of humanity

i have never seen a single picture of what they are protecting

it's all like, bombed out buildings and planets and slogans about THERE IS ONLY WAR

• Options
    DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    zepherin wrote: »
    Elki wrote: »
    There will be no anime.
    Elki-sama is displeased

@Deebaser‌ Please be my second.

zoidberg-seppuku-o-s.gif

Bender and zoidberg are my head alts.

• Options
    NecoNeco Worthless Garbage Registered User regular

Number crunching is the part in RPGs where my eyes kind of glaze over and I stop paying attention.

I blame WoW and its endless theorycrafting.

• Options
    _J__J_ Pedant Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    I am somewhat amused by the fact that mods took the time to ban people from [chat], but did not take the time to set an expiration on [chat].

Priorities revealed.

• Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular

her have a pizzas

https://33.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mebk2pgXnJ1qf6rvbo1_400.gif

all dogs deserve pizza

actually there must be a way to make dog friendly cheesburgers, i suspect white bun will cause problem but you can swap for dog bun

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    Every episode is the baseball zombie episode from Samurai Champloo and it just doesn't work for me.

• Options
    Vanguard wrote: »
    i guess the thing that i'm not sure about with 40k is that the space marines are like super soldier defenders of humanity

it's all like, bombed out buildings and planets and slogans about THERE IS ONLY WAR

thats kind of the point tho

they just fight

they arent allowed to think naughty thoughts liek that

poor old spess mehrines...

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    Hello page 101 my old friend. You guys know the rules.

There are no rules?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    _J_ wrote: »
    I am somewhat amused by the fact that mods took the time to ban people from [chat], but did not take the time to set an expiration on [chat].

Priorities revealed.
    Jake did it twice for the previous thread, so he probably thought he had already covered it.

• Options
    cptruggedcptrugged I think it has something to do with free will. Registered User regular
    Anime madness eh?

Well then. I present to you the second of the jean jacket trinity. Dis not me, my bro. He has better hair than I did.
    pwtn10l3nvki.jpg

fun.jpg 40.1K
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    The little evening breeze blew over the clearing and the leaves rustled and the wind waves flowed up the green pool. And the shouts of men sounded again, this time much closer than before.

Gooey took off his hat. He said shakily, “Take off your hat, Dongy. The air feels fine.”

Dongy removed his hat dutifully and laid it on the ground in front of him. The shadow in the valley was bluer, and the evening came fast. On the wind the sound of crashing in the brush came to them.

Dongy said, “Tell how it’s gonna be.”

Gooey had been listening to the distant sounds. For a moment he was businesslike. “Look acrost the river, Dongy, an’ I’ll tell you so you can almost see it.”

Dongy turned his head and looked off across the pool and up the darkening slopes of the Gabilans.

“We gonna get a little place,” Gooey began.

He reached in his side pocket and brought out Carlson’s Luger; he snapped off the safety, and the hand and gun lay on the ground behind Dongy’s back. He looked at the back of Dongy’s head, at the place where the spine and skull were joined. A man’s voice called from up the river, and another man answered.

“Go on,” said Dongy.

Gooey raised the gun and his hand shook, and he dropped his hand to the ground again.

“Go on,” said Dongy. “How’s it gonna be. We gonna get a little place.”

“We’ll have a cow,” said Gooey. “An’ we’ll have maybe a pig an’ chickens .. . . an’ down the flat we’ll have a . . . . little piece alfalfa—”

“For the rabbits,” Dongy shouted.

“For the rabbits,” Gooey repeated.

“And I get to tend the rabbits.”

“An’ you get to tend the rabbits.”

Dongy giggled with happiness. “An’ live on the fatta the lan’.”

“Yes.”

Dongy turned his head.

“No, Dongy. Look down there acrost the river, like you can almost see the place.”

Dongy obeyed him. Gooey looked down at the gun. There were crashing footsteps in the brush now. Gooey turned and looked
    toward them.

“Go on, Gooey. When we gonna do it?”

“Gonna do it soon.”

“Me an’ you.”

“You . . . . an’ me. Ever’body gonna be nice to you. Ain’t gonna be no more trouble. Nobody gonna hurt nobody nor steal from ‘em.”

Dongy said, “I thought you was mad at me, Gooey.”

“No,” said Gooey. “No, Dongy. I ain’t mad. I never been mad, an’ I ain’t now. That’s a thing I want ya to know.”

The voices came close now. Gooey raised the gun and listened to the voices.

Dongy begged, “Le’s do it now. Le’s get that place now.”

“Sure, right now. I gotta. We gotta.”

And Gooey raised the gun and steadied it, and he brought the muzzle of it close to the back of Dongy’s head. The hand shook violently, but his face set and his hand steadied. He pulled the trigger. The crash of the shot rolled up the hills and rolled down again. Dongy jarred, and then settled slowly forward to the sand, and he lay without quivering.

Gooey on
    919UOwT.png
  • Options

Priorities revealed.

no lie if I was a mod I would make it a goal to ban one person a day

there might already be an ongoing list

• Options
    VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    samurai champloo is arguably a better story than cowboy bebop

but cowboy bebop just has much fucking style it's hard to compete with

• Options
    Bethryn wrote: »
    Every episode is the baseball zombie episode from Samurai Champloo and it just doesn't work for me.
    Oh yeah. I forgot about that one.

• Options
    ChelleYeahChelleYeah Mrs. Ludious Living it up in Cinderella's CastleRegistered User regular
    cptrugged wrote: »
    Anime madness eh?

Well then. I present to you the second of the jean jacket trinity. Dis not me, my bro. He has better hair than I did.
    pwtn10l3nvki.jpg

i will never in my life wear an anime jean jacket.

mainly because i dont like jean jackets.

but also because anime jean jackets are the worst.

I post Makeup stuff and Schnauzers on instagram.

Ludious wrote: »
    I react like a dyslexic crash test dummy. Hit the wall then the brakes.
  • Options
    _J__J_ Pedant Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular

Priorities revealed.

no lie if I was a mod I would make it a goal to ban one person a day

there might already be an ongoing list

Than?

Is that you?

• Options
    samurai champloo is arguably a better story than cowboy bebop

but cowboy bebop just has much fucking style it's hard to compete with
    I'd say Champloo had style too.

It was just a bit of a different style each time. I felt it kept the show fresh, between myth arc episodes (much as CB did).

• Options

thats kind of the point tho

they just fight

they arent allowed to think naughty thoughts liek that

poor old spess mehrines...

and i love it

but like, things like tyranids and dark eldar make way more sense than defenders of humanity

• Options
    NecoNeco Worthless Garbage Registered User regular
    edited January 2015

Priorities revealed.

I am almost positive jake did that for this thread actually.

Neco on
  • Options
    AtomikaAtomika Live fast and get fucked or whatever Registered User regular
    Neco wrote: »

Number crunching is the part in RPGs where my eyes kind of glaze over and I stop paying attention.

I blame WoW and its endless theorycrafting.

Same here. I just like button mashing.

This discussion has been closed.