Options

The [JRPG] thread. Fuck FF7, THERE'S A NEW NIER!

• Options
    YukiraYukira Registered User regular
    Oh yeah. It's been a few years.

Yes I know her name was on the picture Snugglesworth posted.

• Options
    Professor SnugglesworthProfessor Snugglesworth Registered User regular
    turtleant wrote: »
    Yukira wrote: »
    Esmeralda is one of those cool characters I'd like to see at least an homage to.

Her name is actually Emeralda. No S.

Simply put she is one of the most awesome character concepts I've ever seen in an RPG. Every aspect of her ties together and forms something great: her character design, her combat abilities, and her overall story.

We were originally going to get an entire game dedicated to her origin. It still stings to this day.

I kind of hope Square just plain doesn't give a crap and she's inserted into Xenoblade X without compromise.

Also she has green hair and a scarf. Those are two of my favorite things in a character design, and she's got both.

• Options
    chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular
    turtleant wrote: »
    Yukira wrote: »
    Esmeralda is one of those cool characters I'd like to see at least an homage to.

Her name is actually Emeralda. No S.

Simply put she is one of the most awesome character concepts I've ever seen in an RPG. Every aspect of her ties together and forms something great: her character design, her combat abilities, and her overall story.

We were originally going to get an entire game dedicated to her origin. It still stings to this day.

I kind of hope Square just plain doesn't give a crap and she's inserted into Xenoblade X without compromise.

Also she has green hair and a scarf. Those are two of my favorite things in a character design, and she's got both.

Aw.

Geth's got a crush.

• Options
  • Options
    SCREECH OF THE FARGSCREECH OF THE FARG #1 PARROTHEAD margaritavilleRegistered User regular
    What if X is just the episode 1 concept merged with xenoblade

gcum67ktu9e4.pngimg
  • Options
    PeasPeas Registered User regular
    edited February 2015
    Edited: Why were they touting cat cam as being the most crucial and historical moment in taiwan's video game developing history

Peas on
  • Options
    SchideSchide Yeoh! Registered User regular
    man

chaos isn't even in the top 50 for worst jrpg names

It's barely even bad

Ok, it's late, and I was trying to catch up with the last couple pages on the new thread because even though I've been checking since the old thread was closed, I only just found this.

BUT, at first I was reading this like there was some sort of mention of Chaos Wars the game, not being in the top 50 worst jrpg games.

Which it is. Very, very deservedly so, and not only because of this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jyNjSAv_OuY

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    that was a weird ffxv video... they must not be close to release if they're showing completely untextured environments in demos at a big game show.

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    They're probably saving the next big non-animal look at the game just before the demo, or right after.

It does look like they've got some parts that are finished or close to it. That whole ice train sequence looks gorgeous.

• Options
    JarsJars Registered User regular
    you can be cloud in ff14 now

you just need to be subbed for 2 years

• Options
    Peas wrote: »
    Edited: Why were they touting cat cam as being the most crucial and historical moment in taiwan's video game developing history

I...don't know if that's what they said, but here's the contextual reason:
    The team also revealed a collaboration with Taiwanese game development company XPEC entertainment. This means XPEC will be assisting Square Enix with Final Fantasy XV development when it comes to asset creation etc. – Actually, the train scene and the city are almost entirely created by the Taiwanese studio. If you are familiar with the big budget game development, a practice where smaller studios assist game companies with their blockbuster games is common to happen. It saves manpower when there are studios specialized for certain things and their services can be easily used when needed, instead of hiring new people to just do one thing. Since the representation was help at Taipei Game Show 2015 in Taiwan, Final Fantasy XV team wanted to highlight this collaboration on purpose.

The third page of Active Time Report will be airing on 5th February at 20:00 JST through Square Enix Presents. This is where we will get this new footage in high quality and more new details about the game.

So there you go; showing footage of an area being made in Taiwan at a Taiwanese game show.

Believe me, it's driving me crazy trying to figure out just how far along/unfinished this game is, but we should at least except the fact that progress is actually being made instead of "nothing".

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    Jars wrote: »

SOUNDS LIKE I PICKED THE RIGHT TIME TO START

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    RenzoRenzo Registered User regular
    So Square was showing off the fact that they're outsourcing asset creation to Taiwan.

Everyone outsources asset creation to Taiwan.

• Options
    Cilla BlackCilla Black Priscilla!!! Registered User regular
    I mean, it was at a conference taking place in Taiwan

Seems a smart PR thing to do, really.

• Options
    we love it here in HOME CITY

but boy how about those fucks in RIVAL TOWN

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular

They're great people too!

• Options
    Shrug

I mean, it's a true fact that gains appeal and likely grants the people watching some sense of pride

It's a great, easy way of adding a personal touch to the presentation for those in attendance

Makes perfect sense imo

• Options
    Duke 2.0Duke 2.0 Time Trash Cat Registered User regular

Things would be alright in THIS STATE

if not for the jerks in ADJACENT STATE who come in and NEGATIVE THING

VRXwDW7.png
  • Options
    -Tal-Tal Registered User regular

fuck melbourne!!

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    It is a smart thing to do at a trade show, for sure. I'm just surly.

• Options
    Renzo wrote: »

Surliness is warranted with Square Enix, but you have to direct it where it's warranted.

For instance: http://www.reddit.com/r/iosgaming/comments/2ufhyx/square_enix_confirms_the_world_ends_with_you_solo/

Be surly about that. Fuck Square Enix.

• Options
    -Tal wrote: »

fuck melbourne!!

Just what an Eagletonian would say.

• Options
    Renzo wrote: »

Surliness is warranted with Square Enix, but you have to direct it where it's warranted.

For instance: http://www.reddit.com/r/iosgaming/comments/2ufhyx/square_enix_confirms_the_world_ends_with_you_solo/

Be surly about that. Fuck Square Enix.

Wow this is some horse shit

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    Jars wrote: »

SOUNDS LIKE I PICKED THE RIGHT TIME TO START

Looks like I picked the wrong time to quit huffing glue! *SNIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIFF*

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    i made a giant lady who punches people

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    SyphyreSyphyre A Dangerous Pastime Registered User regular
    Lets talk Xenoblade!

I pulled out the disc again and said "I need to finally beat this and see the ending!" Location as of earlier today: Agniratha.
    Holy geeze. That was a massive load of story and craziness and...what the hell just happened to the storyline?!

So I expected to fight Egil in Agniratha, he escapes to the Mechonics Core and starts controlling the damn thing. Ok, that was whoa, but still in the realm of things. Then you fight Egil there, Shulk decides not to kill him. That is a fantastic moment, and I was loving it.

Then comes the insanity. Dickson and Zanza, Egil and Meynith going bye-bye. The High Entia transforming. The queen Entia (yeah I knew you were evil). And then Alvis talks to comatose Shulk, but is still a disciple? And the Mechonis is destroyed. Damn.

I don't even know what to say about what I just watched tonight. Right now I am at Colony 6. I just got the quest to head into the Bionis's interior and that's where I've stopped tonight. Please note this if you're going to respond because I don't want to spoil any of what might be ahead!

Big questions right now still:
    Zanza is the Bionis soul, Meynith is (was) the Mechonis soul. They were both friends, but in the flashback, Zanza (or whatever the giant was called then) grabs the Monado, and turns...bad? But Meynith has a Monado too, and isn't? I didn't quite gather that. Or maybe something happened to Zanza's monado? I've no clue.

Dickson is obviously a...dick. But what's Alvis's side of things, I still need to figure out what he's all about.

Asides from me going "whoa" over the story, my part is at level 71/72 now. Is that sufficient for me to go ahead and just drive through the rest of the game? I don't think I feel like doing any side quests at this point.

• Options
    SCREECH OF THE FARGSCREECH OF THE FARG #1 PARROTHEAD margaritavilleRegistered User regular
    Final boss is 78 and there are 2 areas and some bosses before that

gcum67ktu9e4.pngimg
  • Options
    SeriouslySeriously Registered User regular
    why did they put pokémon in chrono trigger

ha ha ha! ha ha ha ha ha!

really though, why?

god okay

I guess

I guess I like those rocks in 12kbc that like fuck up your techs or whatever and run away

• Options
    SeriouslySeriously Registered User regular
    okay no it's not like that, it's like, chao or something

I'm actually relieved

still what the fuck though

• Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    speaking of dancing should i play ff14

Sid Myers Pirates is all the dancing you could want in a game.

• Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    Syphyre wrote: »
    Lets talk Xenoblade!

I pulled out the disc again and said "I need to finally beat this and see the ending!" Location as of earlier today: Agniratha.
    Holy geeze. That was a massive load of story and craziness and...what the hell just happened to the storyline?!

So I expected to fight Egil in Agniratha, he escapes to the Mechonics Core and starts controlling the damn thing. Ok, that was whoa, but still in the realm of things. Then you fight Egil there, Shulk decides not to kill him. That is a fantastic moment, and I was loving it.

Then comes the insanity. Dickson and Zanza, Egil and Meynith going bye-bye. The High Entia transforming. The queen Entia (yeah I knew you were evil). And then Alvis talks to comatose Shulk, but is still a disciple? And the Mechonis is destroyed. Damn.

I don't even know what to say about what I just watched tonight. Right now I am at Colony 6. I just got the quest to head into the Bionis's interior and that's where I've stopped tonight. Please note this if you're going to respond because I don't want to spoil any of what might be ahead!

Big questions right now still:
    Zanza is the Bionis soul, Meynith is (was) the Mechonis soul. They were both friends, but in the flashback, Zanza (or whatever the giant was called then) grabs the Monado, and turns...bad? But Meynith has a Monado too, and isn't? I didn't quite gather that. Or maybe something happened to Zanza's monado? I've no clue.

Dickson is obviously a...dick. But what's Alvis's side of things, I still need to figure out what he's all about.

Asides from me going "whoa" over the story, my part is at level 71/72 now. Is that sufficient for me to go ahead and just drive through the rest of the game? I don't think I feel like doing any side quests at this point.

I had two massive "holy shit WHAT" moments in this game. You just described the first one. The second one is the ending. When that game goes for crazy plot it goes ALL IN and I love it.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oc_9r4wifFc

HOLY FUCKING SHIT

I had these really high expectations but that looks way more incredible than I imagined.

• Options
    SchideSchide Yeoh! Registered User regular
    Oh. Ok. Yes.

I want that.

• Options
    Mortal SkyMortal Sky queer punk hedge witchRegistered User regular
    I know I listened to way too much Super Mash Bros once upon a time because I knew what song was gonna be in the OP before I even opened this thread

• Options
    turtleantturtleant Gunpla Dad is the best.Registered User regular
    P5 looks pretty cool. You can definitely see the Catherine influence.

Blonde guy is totally going to end up being the new Yosuke.

X22wmuF.jpg
  • Options
    I don't usually make assumptions just from a teaser trailer, but I'm already loving that new blonde girl.

She's already eschewing personality and style in that teaser, and I won't say she'll be as awesome as Chie but I'm also prepared for the possibility.

• Options
    "eschewing"

To quote a great man, "You keep using that word. I don't think it means what you think it means."

This discussion has been closed.