Options

Yellow [Chat]

• Options
    TehSlothTehSloth Hit Or Miss I Guess They Never Miss, HuhRegistered User regular
    y2jake215 wrote: »
    I think the worst radio edit I ever heard was when YG's "My N****" was too popular and too good a song to not put on the radio

So until they got one recorded that was "My Hitta" it was just... My (awkward silence)

The main chorus line going

My (awkward silence) my (awkward silence), my muh-(awkward silence) (awkward silence)

I was not even aware of the radio edit until I saw some award show where he won for "My Hitta" -- I turned to my sister and was like what the fuck is "My Hitta", and she was apparently unaware that it had originally been "My N****"

So basically she's the worst human.

FC: 1993-7778-8872 PSN: TehSloth Xbox: SlothTeh
    twitch.tv/tehsloth
  • Options
    zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular
    hmmm

@tav @MrAnthropy and any other post rock / shoegaze bros

if u dudes were to pick the most interestingly textured ambient / post rock uve heard, wat would u pick
    Back in the day when I had certain predilections, I would smoke a lot of weed and just groove to the Deftones. I honestly just thought they were the best for that kind of listening.

• Options
    VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    B9pbhqdIMAAgZKj.jpg:large

• Options
    HakkekageHakkekage Space Whore Academy summa cum laudeRegistered User regular
    I just read about how some person who has the measles rode the San Francisco public transit for 3 days while contagious and now a shitton of commuters are potentially exposed because measles can hang around in the air for up to two hours after the infected person has left it

gave me da willies

if this ever happened in NYC...yucko

3DS: 2165 - 6538 - 3417
    NNID: Hakkekage
  • Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    edited February 2015
    Wash wrote: »
    zero subtlety. explicitly stated a major thing that happens later in the comics as a joke.

he's reaching GRRM levels of fan hatred.

what was it?

@wash it was how a main character dies. every detail. it just sounds like gibberish because the show isn't that far ahead yet.

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    AtomikaAtomika Live fast and get fucked or whatever Registered User regular
    Atomika wrote: »
    evilbob wrote: »
    I liked Skyfall because it wasn't just the Bond Identity.

Bond in it came off as an outright sociopath

how do you figure?

I mean, any more so than he usually does.

*woman he was rescuing gets shot in the head*

*booze related quip. never brought up again*

Meh, didn't really bother me that much.

The whole point of Skyfall was that Bond was a burnt-out, run-down, empty husk of a man after years of the emotional and physical toll of the job.

Him not losing his shit over the death of the woman who had already completed her narrative function while he was still prisoner of the villain seemed at least fitting with the story.

• Options
    YoshisummonsYoshisummons You have to let the dead vote, otherwise you'd just kill people you disagree with!Registered User regular
    All I remember from skyfall is that they had a really bad cgi komodo dragon/giant ass monitor lizard and I had to refrain from laughing in the theater.

• Options
    Hakkekage wrote: »
    I just read about how some person who has the measles rode the San Francisco public transit for 3 days while contagious and now a shitton of commuters are potentially exposed because measles can hang around in the air for up to two hours after the infected person has left it

gave me da willies

I said it before, and I'm going to say it a few more times. If your child gets sick do to a disease that you are vaccinated for, and they are not, you should be shot in the shin.

• Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular

how do you figure?

The whole point of Skyfall was that Bond was a burnt-out, run-down, empty husk of a man after years of the emotional and physical toll of the job.

Him not losing his shit over the death of the woman who had already completed her narrative function while he was still prisoner of the villain seemed at least fitting with the story.

thats not a fun Bond to watch to me

• Options
    TehSlothTehSloth Hit Or Miss I Guess They Never Miss, HuhRegistered User regular
    damnit kitty, no, don't sit on that shelf, that is for my warmachines!

FC: 1993-7778-8872 PSN: TehSloth Xbox: SlothTeh
    twitch.tv/tehsloth
  • Options
    cptruggedcptrugged I think it has something to do with free will. Registered User regular
    God damn. I went out to a new dive with some friends on Tuesday night. A buddy of mine was paying and I can't say no to free food. It was open mic comedy night and holy bajesus. Only like 2 out of the 11 comedians were funny at all. This includes the "feature" act that lead the whole thing off, who may have been the worst of them all. It was a really weird experience as I've never really been to a comedy show that wasn't a big name in a theater.

It didn't help that whatever I ate made me extremely ill so I was up all night with blowouts from both ends.

At least I think it was the food. Though the one guy's "date rap, not date rape" jokes may have been what did it too.

• Options
    BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator Mod Emeritus
    I loved Skyfall but thought they way the movie dealt with that female character was pretty darn icky. Apart from that it was all good.

I liked the ending as well. Albert Finney saying "Welcome to Scotland" and all that.

• Options
    CindersCinders Whose sails were black when it was windy Registered User regular
    Finance class is boring!

Especially since it's just going over stuff I've seen in another class.

• Options
    TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    cptrugged wrote: »
    God damn. I went out to a new dive with some friends on Tuesday night. A buddy of mine was paying and I can't say no to free food. It was open mic comedy night and holy bajesus. Only like 2 out of the 11 comedians were funny at all. This includes the "feature" act that lead the whole thing off, who may have been the worst of them all. It was a really weird experience as I've never really been to a comedy show that wasn't a big name in a theater.

It didn't help that whatever I ate made me extremely ill so I was up all night with blowouts from both ends.

At least I think it was the food. Though the one guy's "date rap, not date rape" jokes may have been what did it too.

i found your problem

• Options
    zepherin wrote: »

gave me da willies

I said it before, and I'm going to say it a few more times. If your child gets sick do to a disease that you are vaccinated for, and they are not, you should be shot in the shin.

I'm cool, I know I was vaccinated as a kid, although I am not 100% sure how I've been with booster shots

In general tho these diseases shouldn't even be hanging around our public transit systems at ALL because we should all be immunized or at least 95% of the population should be and this is dumb

Also saw a salient point about people who are HIV+ or immunocompromised for some other reason being vulnerable to shit like eradicated and highly contagious diseases rising from the dead. lovely

• Options

how do you figure?

I don't know if "fun" was Skyfall's aim, so you're probably right.

• Options
    but legitimately, open mics aren't for the public

they're for comedians to be sad in

• Options
    TehSloth wrote: »

your kitty is the uber warmachine

• Options
    cptruggedcptrugged I think it has something to do with free will. Registered User regular
    Tav wrote: »
    cptrugged wrote: »

i found your problem

Ha! Tav, I was thinking about you during this ordeal. I want you to know that. Praying to the lord that you would decend from heaven to bring sweet Irish comedy and deliver us all.

• Options
    zepherin wrote: »

gave me da willies

I'm cool, I know I was vaccinated as a kid, although I am not 100% sure how I've been with booster shots

In general tho these diseases shouldn't even be hanging around our public transit systems at ALL because we should all be immunized or at least 95% of the population should be and this is dumb

Also saw a salient point about people who are HIV+ or immunocompromised for some other reason being vulnerable to shit like eradicated and highly contagious diseases rising from the dead. lovely
    I feel like there is a way for the CDC to put them on a no fly list. That would be amazing.

• Options
    Cinders wrote: »
    Finance class is boring!

Especially since it's just going over stuff I've seen in another class.

But look out the window!

France!

honhonhon

fromage

je ne sais quoi

• Options
    DiannaoChongDiannaoChong Registered User regular
    TehSloth wrote: »

Well theres a new warmachine in town.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    So apparently Tiger Woods is taking an indefinite hiatus from golf

Why not quit entirely, I ask

• Options
    STATE OF THE ART ROBOTSTATE OF THE ART ROBOT Registered User regular
    Omelette Du Fromage

• Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA Mod Emeritus
    smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options

Proabably so if he decides to pull a Michael Jordan, it won't seem quite a silly to be "back from retirement".

• Options
    wazillawazilla Having a late dinner Registered User regular
    Campers are worst criminal scum

Psn:wazukki
  • Options
    rockrngerrockrnger Registered User regular
    y2jake215 wrote: »
    My fav Emimem song is still Lose Yourself.

my favourite Em song is the censored version of Guilty Conscience
    [Dr. Dre]
    Alright calm down, relax, start breathin'

[Eminem]
    Start breathin'?!
    Man, you just caught your wife cheatin'!
    While you at work she's with some dude tryin' to get off?!
    Forget gettin' divorced!
    CUT THIS CHICKEN'S HEAD OFF!!!

My favorite is em's verse on the remix of biggies "dead wrong"

The flow be insane

i was joking, i just love the silliness of the radio edit

the original lyric was "Fuck slittin' her throat, cut this bitch's head off"

and they were like "no, no that is not getting played on the radio"

That's what happens when you meet a stranger in the alps, I suppose.

• Options
    we don't really have open mics as such

there's a few places that will put you on without seeing you, and will repeatedly stick you on no matter how much you've died on your arse, but there's nowhere that you can just show up unannounced and places will stick you on there and then

makes me kinda sad that I'll never really see this here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=muMFTlmoU0Q

the video doesn't have the context, but Patton hosted an open mic in Toronto and a heroin addict went up

• Options
    RichyRichy Registered User regular
    Vanguard wrote: »
    B9pbhqdIMAAgZKj.jpg:large
    I'm putting this on my list of places to visit when I go to Italy, then!

sig.gif
  • Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular

too much meaning behind the word.

it is also insane that an emotional change can wreck a person on a professional and athletic level like that.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Rhesus PositiveRhesus Positive GNU Terry Pratchett Registered User regular
    My task for this afternoon is to pull out contact details of a load of historical correspondence and what services they were interested in, and collate into a searchable spreadsheet.

Thirty minutes of Ctrl-V and Ctrl-Cing later, I wonder, "Is there a way to do this automatically?"

Turns out exporting Outlook->Excel is a thing, and I'm the only one out of me, my boss and my client that knows this.

I feel like Richard Pryor in Superman 3.

[Muffled sounds of gorilla violence]
  • Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    @Cinders where in France are you living?

• Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA Mod Emeritus

Because that's pretty far away from indefinite. One could say it's pretty definitive on the length of the hiatus.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    rockrngerrockrnger Registered User regular

too much meaning behind the word.

it is also insane that an emotional change can wreck a person on a professional and athletic level like that.

He is getting old for a golfer anyway, isn't he?

• Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular

how do you figure?

I don't know if "fun" was Skyfall's aim, so you're probably right.

then ultimately I think they missed the point of James Bond

• Options
    BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator Mod Emeritus
    The SUV episode looks almost as amazing as the X-Files cyberspace episode, or the CSI: Miami episode about a GTA game.

• Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    Bogart wrote: »
    I loved Skyfall but thought they way the movie dealt with that female character was pretty darn icky. Apart from that it was all good.

I liked the ending as well. Albert Finney saying "Welcome to Scotland" and all that.

these are my feelings as well.

• Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    Elki wrote: »

GOOD LORD

• Options
This discussion has been closed.