As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[TV]I've Already Consumed The Required Calories For This Day Period

• Options
    Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    http://www.opposingviews.com/i/society/20-billion-lawsuit-filed-against-comcast-time-warner-cable-and-al-sharpton

Woops

The first comment is also kinda amazing
    I'm a twist over finding for African or black channels but where are the fully white or Caucasian American channels.

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    jgeisjgeis Registered User regular
    It was Willie Nelson that got me again. I actually started getting a little emotional as soon as Leslie grabbed Ron's hand to initiate the flash forward. I really liked the way their relationship developed over the series, especially in this last season (and finale).

• Options
    Andy JoeAndy Joe We claim the land for the highlord! The AdirondacksRegistered User regular
    I really like Parks and Rec, but I've always found it a little too nice. Prefer the extra meanness of 30 Rock.

XBL: Stealth Crane PSN: ajpet12 3DS: 1160-9999-5810 NNID: StealthCrane Pokemon Scarlet Name: Carmen
  • Options
    LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    I don't think I understand the legal language of that article. Like, I don't understand what the plaintiff is claiming.

• Options
    The fact that it was so nice is why I loved it

Every comedy is so fucking cynical and negative now

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    like, is it that comcast doesn't have all black channels? Are they legally obligated to do that? I think I am missing something.

• Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    That really nice and optimistic show where the central character is voted out of office because all the horrific townspeople despise her because of the manipulations of corporate interest

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    Mr. G wrote: »
    That really nice and optimistic show where the central character is voted out of office because all the horrific townspeople despise her because of the manipulations of corporate interest

And in spite of all of that she continues to push forward and meet with greater successes than ever before

A show doesn't have to exclusively have good things happen to be optimistic

• Options
    Langly wrote: »
    I don't think I understand the legal language of that article. Like, I don't understand what the plaintiff is claiming.
    http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/thr-esq/comcast-al-sharpton-hit-20-777015

This ones better

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    Basically they have been fucking over Black Channel owners

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    ok that does make more sense, thanks!

It seems like kind of a crazy lawsuit, though. Like, I think this is more about getting attention and trying to derail the merger than any real hope of going through. They don't really have any legs to stand on.

• Options
    Yeah its definetly something they will not win, its more to get it in the public eye

The statistic that of the 25 billion they spent on Liscensing only 3 million went to Black Owners is kinda fucked though

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    I'm just trying to go against that I'm seeing all over the place the show getting this reputation that it's Sunny Niceville where nothing bad can happen, and severely downplaying that at times the show had a real edge to it

In fact, one of my biggest issues with the down period of seasons 5 and 6 was that they went too far in making Pawnee a nightmarishly awful place to live full of human monsters

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    Pawnee is basically severally toned down nightvale

Raccoons own part of the city

It was taken over by a cult in the 70s

The town meetings are about the same though

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    Pawnee: Welcome, German Soldiers

• Options
    BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    Pawnee is Springfield

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    Johnny ChopsockyJohnny Chopsocky Scootaloo! We have to cook! Grillin' HaysenburgersRegistered User regular
    The fact that it was so nice is why I loved it

Every comedy is so fucking cynical and negative now

Are you watching Brooklyn Nine-Nine?

Because if you aren't you really should be watching Brooklyn Nine-Nine.

ygPIJ.gif
    Steam ID XBL: JohnnyChopsocky PSN:Stud_Beefpile WiiU:JohnnyChopsocky
  • Options
    simosimo Registered User regular
    Mr. G wrote: »
    I'm just trying to go against that I'm seeing all over the place the show getting this reputation that it's Sunny Niceville where nothing bad can happen, and severely downplaying that at times the show had a real edge to it

In fact, one of my biggest issues with the down period of seasons 5 and 6 was that they went too far in making Pawnee a nightmarishly awful place to live full of human monsters

that's sort of part of it though i think

the characters are usually pitted against cartoonish antagonists that offer no real threat. they are seldom thwarted by not being good enough or by circumstance, and the times they are they always seem to bounce back immediately into a situation even better than before

personally i don't view this as a flaw of the show, because there really hasn't been any other show that has loved its main ensemble so much

bugss2.jpg
  • Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    I can't watch the finale until my wife gets home tonight.

Booooooo.

• Options
    AtomicTofuAtomicTofu She's a straight-up supervillain, yo Registered User regular
  • Options
    2 years away might as well be a drill

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    AtomicTofuAtomicTofu She's a straight-up supervillain, yo Registered User regular
    That timeframe sounds about right for a new animated show

• Options
    captainkcaptaink TexasRegistered User regular
  • Options
    SeñorAmorSeñorAmor !!! Registered User regular
    I can't watch the finale until my wife gets home tonight.

Booooooo.

Meh.

You're not missing anything.

Pretty sure the general concensus is that it sucked.

• Options
    SeñorAmorSeñorAmor !!! Registered User regular

Sorry, the correct response was "Ducktales: Woo hoo!"

• Options
    SassoriSassori Registered User regular
    SeñorAmor wrote: »

Sorry, the correct response was "Ducktales: Woo hoo!"

This is because of my Drunk Tales cover song.

I just know it.

You're welcome everyone.

• Options
    ty sassori

• Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    Next season of American Horror Story is Hotel, and stars Lady Gaga

Goddamn it, Ryan Murphy

• Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    Oh man, I can't wait to see Lady Gaga raped in a hotel!

• Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
  • Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    I liked that the finale continued to pay off the seven years of hell that they've been giving Gerry

• Options
    Dex DynamoDex Dynamo Registered User regular
    edited February 2015
    and now carson daly is on, which is less good

Does Carson have a studio again?

Because I caught his show once a few years ago, and it was him on a sidewalk, vaguely unkempt, obviously recorded with a handheld camera, segueing between segments recorded in studios and backlots and such

It looked not unlike the talk show of a homeless man, and I grew worried about him

Dex Dynamo on
  • Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    edited February 2015
    jgeis wrote: »
    It was Willie Nelson that got me again. I actually started getting a little emotional as soon as Leslie grabbed Ron's hand to initiate the flash forward. I really liked the way their relationship developed over the series, especially in this last season (and finale).

I can't be the only person who thought of this guy when Leslie started doing that, right?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Waverider (comics)

Reynolds on
    uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    You are literally the only one

• Options
    nicopernicusnicopernicus Registered User regular
    I finished the fifth season of the Good Wife and oh boy did some stuff happen. I couldn't believe some of it.
    Will's death especially. Did something happen there behind the scenes with the actor?
    Now I just need to find a way to watch season six.

• Options
    PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    Saw the Parks finale, liked the Parks finale.

Didn't love the Parks finale. Meandering, vague thoughts on why not:
    I thought the power of the conceit - seeing all the happy endings and happy new beginnings for the characters - was kinda diluted by having a whole season of happy endings and new beginnings. It was a pleasant, lovely epilogue, but... I don't know, the stakes just never felt particularly high this season. There was no problem that wasn't solved pretty much immediately, there was no struggle. Which meant the happy endings weren't particularly... cathartic?

I dunno, I'm not trying to be a negative nancy here. I thought it was good, I thought it was nice, but it felt kinda... divorced from reality, maybe? In earlier P&R, the world was awful and the gang kept persevering because they loved one another. Very relatable, very inspiring. As the edges of the show (understandably) softened, the world started to become kinda unrecognizably wholesome and good, and the people preternaturally successful and accomplished and fulfilled.

I'm not saying the optimism is unearned or anything, it just didn't resonate as much, for me, as when their optimism was harder earned. If that makes any sense.

• Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    Why do all TMobile commercial look like they were made using some generic cache of stock 20-something people being "ACTIVE!"?

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    Crimson KingCrimson King Registered User regular
    maybe that's why i can't watch parks and rec, because i only like tv shows about assholes

• Options
    DMACDMAC Come at me, bro! Moderator mod
This discussion has been closed.