Options

Avengers II: Age Of Ultron - Sequel Assemble! [Superheroes]

• Options
    AtomicTofuAtomicTofu She's a straight-up supervillain, yo Registered User regular
    Wolverines is goofy as hell

• Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    AtomicTofu wrote: »
    Wolverines is goofy as hell
    Yeah I wasn't feeling it for the first arc but I actually really dig it now that Soule and Fawkes have said they are treating it like a Saturday Morning Cartoon that stars a bunch of murderers

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    DedwrekkaDedwrekka Metal Hell adjacentRegistered User regular
    Anyone been reading Black Vortex? I've been skipping it but I just picked up post-BV Nova and had a question:
    so Sam found Rich's helmet during the event. Was there any huge thing about that or was it just oh look a helmet
    He looks into the Black Vortex to learn what he would become if he succombed to the power of it and sees a vision of Rich Rider dying in the Cancerverse and becoming a desiccated corpse floating in space that dissolves away until only his helmet is left. He takes it as a sign that the Vortex is telling him not to become like Rider.

• Options
    ElderlycrawfishElderlycrawfish Registered User regular
    Dedwrekka wrote: »
    Anyone been reading Black Vortex? I've been skipping it but I just picked up post-BV Nova and had a question:
    so Sam found Rich's helmet during the event. Was there any huge thing about that or was it just oh look a helmet
    He looks into the Black Vortex to learn what he would become if he succombed to the power of it and sees a vision of Rich Rider dying in the Cancerverse and becoming a desiccated corpse floating in space that dissolves away until only his helmet is left. He takes it as a sign that the Vortex is telling him not to become like Rider.

Ugh.

• Options
    OH MAN MS. MARVEL IS FUCKING AWESOME THIS WEEK AND TOTALLY TIES HER INTO INHUMAN AND AAAAHHHH
    Her new Inhuman beau, predictably, turns out to be a shitbag and ends up knocking her out and taking her to a compound.

Turns out he works for Lineage, the current big bad in Inhuman who is attempting a coup of New Attilan. presumably his gathering of NuHumans ties into it, especially since Kamala is in the upcoming Inhuman Annual

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Dedwrekka wrote: »

Ugh.

Note that the Vortex is a manipulative douche, and it never really tells the whole truth.
    He rejects the vision from the Vortex, of course.

• Options
    CenoCeno pizza time Registered User regular
    I really need that Cap hammer thing to pay off at the end of the movie.

• Options
    Loki

holy shit Loki this week
    He did it. He finally broke the cycle.

Loki, God of Lies is dead. Long live Loki, God of Stories.

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    Loki

holy shit Loki this week

sadly, he'll never break the cycle so long as the possibility that someone at Marvel decides "hey, let's make him a badguy again."

• Options
    Loki

holy shit Loki this week

sadly, he'll never break the cycle so long as the possibility that someone at Marvel decides "hey, let's make him a badguy again."
    Counterpoint: shut upppppp

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    Loki

holy shit Loki this week

I'm definitely excited to see what this means, but the last page has me somewhat concerned.
    Specifically that he's looking somehat more menacing than normal, when his new role in theory should be friendlier than his old one. That may just be my interpretation though.

• Options
    SkulloSkullo Registered User regular
    Olivaw wrote: »
    Wait dammit he has that weird braille keyboard readout in the show doesn't be

I fucked up

I was fucking fascinated by this thing

They don't draw any real attention to it which made me think it must be a real thing that actually exists, but I'd never heard of it before

They're totally a real thing.

I worked with a blind student while I was a librarian, an she had one (although it was not nearly as sleek looking as Murdock's).

• Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    Loki

holy shit Loki this week

Yeah that strikes me as particularly ephemeral

Like its neat but another author could ignore it literally without explanation if they chose
    at least with kid loki another author would have had to come up with an explanation

With this it could just vanish

And to be clear its still a neat story

Just frustrated with peoples unwillingness to move forward sometimes

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    Put loki on the no list for Benids use

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    Fearghaill wrote: »
    Loki

holy shit Loki this week

I'm definitely excited to see what this means, but the last page has me somewhat concerned.
    Specifically that he's looking somehat more menacing than normal, when his new role in theory should be friendlier than his old one. That may just be my interpretation though.
    He looks less menacing to me and more punk rock

Like he's still wearing his Agent of Asgard duds, he's just dirtier and less put together

Which I think hints at him being a little less smarmy master planner sweet talker and more fly by the seat of his pants actionary

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Loki

holy shit Loki this week

Like he's still wearing his Agent of Asgard duds, he's just dirtier and less put together

Which I think hints at him being a little less smarmy master planner sweet talker and more fly by the seat of his pants actionary
    Hobo loki

Hoboki

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    DONT STEAL MY PORTMANTEAU

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    Oh hey Sabrina #2 is out today
    Jesus, how long ago did Sabrina #1 come out

• Options
    Loki

holy shit Loki this week

Not all stories are happy, and not all stories are true.
    He even starts off Agent of Asguard talking about how magic is a story you tell to the universe and make it believe it.

• Options
    UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    Loki

holy shit Loki this week

It's the crooked toothy grin that seems more cruel/mocking than friendly, when combined with the eyes, and the clenched fists as he walks into his friend's apartment.

• Options
    honoverehonovere Registered User regular
    Loki

holy shit Loki this week

Yeah that strikes me as particularly ephemeral

Like its neat but another author could ignore it literally without explanation if they chose
    at least with kid loki another author would have had to come up with an explanation

With this it could just vanish

And to be clear its still a neat story

Just frustrated with peoples unwillingness to move forward sometimes
    So the Skald is a comic book writer?

• Options
    Grey Ghost wrote: »

Who cares it has a hellboy crossover

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    Mostly this Loki news just makes me feel sad for Saga

But I guess she's pretty minor

• Options
    Loki

holy shit Loki this week

It's the crooked toothy grin that seems more cruel/mocking than friendly, when combined with the eyes, and the clenched fists as he walks into his friend's apartment.
    Well he did just get there.

Like I'd imagine being born and knowing 3 things about yourself and also that the world is ending and also that there's an evil version of What Was Once You out there would make you pretty aggressive.

Ewing has been absolutely stellar so far and really understands Loki, I doubt he ends up making him an asshole.

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options

Who cares it has a hellboy crossover
    So does Archie vs Predator actually! it's just a fun one page story

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Straightzi wrote: »

From what I can find she's the goddess of Runes and Poetry, not exactly the same thing, but there's definitely some overlap.

• Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    Also what's the word on Afterlife With Archie

• Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular

From what I can find she's the goddess of Runes and Poetry, not exactly the same thing, but there's definitely some overlap.
    I've seen history and storytelling strongly ascribed to her as well

• Options
    LESS THAN LIVE EPISODE 17 is UP: AGGRESSIVELY FEMININE! - Colourist and artist Paulina Ganucheau is on deck to talk about magical girls, her upcoming series with Kevin Panetta (Zodiac Starforce!) and the ins and outs of colouring comics. We also talk extensively about who we ship in Dragon Age. It’s pretty great. Plus, we made Podmass!

Rate us, review us, subscribe, buy the catchy theme song!

Some great comics mentioned in this episode:

Spider-Gwen by Jason Latour, Robbi Rodriguez, Rico Renzi
    Gotham Acadamy by Brenden Fletcher, Becky Cloonan, Karl Kerschl, Mingue Helen Chen, Msassyk and Serge LaPointe
    Sunstone by Stjepan Sejic (also check out his new work in Rat Queens!)
    Silk by Robbie Thompson, Stacey Lee, Dave Johnson
    Squirrel Girl by Ryan North, Erica Henderson and Rico Renzi
    Howard the Duck by Chip Zdarsky, Joe Quinones and Rico Renzi

http://villagesoundcast.com/

This should be interesting!

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options

Also I can only find record of one appearance, offering Odin mead in an issue in 1984? That's pretty dang minor.

• Options

Also I can only find record of one appearance, offering Odin mead in an issue in 1984? That's pretty dang minor.

Haha, I actually wasn't even sure if she'd ever shown up in comics when I posted that

This is solely me being a mythology nerd here

• Options
    Man considering everything else marvel has done to norse mythology that should be your last worry

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    ToxTox I kill threads he/himRegistered User regular
  • Options
    Dex DynamoDex Dynamo Registered User regular

do you mean quality-wise or something else?

because @hailtothekale is reading it right now and raving about it

• Options
    Dex DynamoDex Dynamo Registered User regular
    also speaking of things being read right now

I just finished Book 2 of the Starman Omnibus

holy poop this book is really good

• Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    Something to put us in the mood for Ultron, perhaps.

From the guy who analysed Batman, Spider-Man and Game of Thrones (and other things), The Avengers: Between the Lines

• Options

Best damn book I read last year

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    I didnt even know anything about archie before reading it besides what ive picked up through osmosis and loved it

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    Dex Dynamo wrote: »

do you mean quality-wise or something else?

because @hailtothekale is reading it right now and raving about it
    Oh, it's fantastic, but I think he was asking about the release schedule, which is nearly Hawkeye-like.

• Options
    The afterlife schedule bothers me more than Hawkeye

stick it right into my veins

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
This discussion has been closed.