Options

Avengers II: Age Of Ultron - Sequel Assemble! [Superheroes]

• Options
    Diablo FettDiablo Fett Registered User regular
    Jimothy wrote: »
    Arrow
    Amell said that there's going to be one character who originated on Arrow whose entire job next season is moving between the three shows

I assumed it might be Felicity and someone in this thread (Blank?) suggested it would be Waller

But what if it's Roy?

the actor's contract ended, so no

• Options
    BedigunzBedigunz Registered User regular
    Jimothy wrote: »
    More Arrow
    I'm gonna miss him, but this is a cool development. Frees up his spot on the team for Thea to be the new Speedy/Red Arrow

Frees up Roy's love life so he can get with Cheshire

Anyone think he might be headed for robo-arm soon?
    It's possible given that he's moving between the three shows and will be hanging out with Ray in one of them

cdmAF00.png
    Coran Attack!
  • Options
    GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

• Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    Yeah to everyone speculating about Arrow
    Colton Haynes' contract is up, he was only on a 2 year deal with Arrow. So while he may make the ocassional future appearance he is done as a regular on the series and the DCTVU .

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    So apparently the reason Johnny Storm is in Uncanny Inhumans
    is because he is in a relationship with Medusa
    Comic marriage curse strikes again.

Look out, Jessica Jones / Luke Cage! You might be next!
    I mean
    Black Bolt and Medusa have been broken up with since Infinity. She hates his guts after the shit he has pulled. Even more so once she figures out what he did with Ahura.

I just can't help but wonder
    why Crystal is missing and also why not just get her and Johnny back together?

to expand on this
    seriously, where is Crystal?

I just checked comicbookdb to see if she had popped up anywhere I've missed, but she's been in zero issues of Inhuman despite apparently still living in Attilan, according to her last seen appearances in Inhumanity #2 (March 2014) and All-New X-Factor #13 (November 2014). It's absolutely bizarre that she has not made even a cameo in anything for five months now. I can't believe Soule would just forget a major member of the Royal Family like that.

• Options
    WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    I hope the Defenders series has Matt and Luke hanging out on top of building having lunch with a Spider-Man lunchbox.

• Options
    edited April 2015
    Okay so here's what I would love to see happen in the future of Arrow (But I know never will)
    Thea isn't dead, but is basically on the very brink and the only thing that can save her is the Lazarus waters, but Ollie has no way to get to them unless he accepts the title.

Thea is saved, but the Lazarus pit effect gives her a severe case of brain spiders (exacerbated by the trauma of losing Roy, along with everything else she's gone through over the last two years) and she snaps and goes Rogue, later becoming Cheshire.

Goatmon on

• Options
    JimothyJimothy Not in front of the fox he's with the owlRegistered User regular
    Goatmon wrote: »
    Okay so here's what I would love to see happen in the future of Arrow (But I know never will)
    Thea isn't dead, but is basically on the very brink and the only thing that can save her is the Lazarus waters, but Ollie has no way to get to them unless he accepts the title.

Thea is saved, but the Lazarus pit effect gives her a severe case of brain spiders (exacerbated by the trauma of losing Roy, along with everything else she's gone through over the last two years) and she snaps and goes Rogue, later becoming Cheshire.
    People keep saying this, but I just don't see what's to be gained by whitewashing Cheshire

especially when Thea is already the Arrowverse Mia Dearden analogue

• Options
    LorahaloLorahalo Registered User regular
    Arrow
    Yeah my guess is that this is just a way to get Thea to put on the mask as Speedy. Roy goes off to Bludhaven or whatever and gets his arm chopped off/gets addicted to heroin/basically has his whole life get shit on or whatever they want while Thea takes over as the new red wearing sidekick.

On another spoilerific note about the promo for next episode
    You can spot what appears to be Sara's Canary outfit while they're talking about the Lazarus Pit. Guess she is coming back for the spin-off after all.

I have a podcast about Digimon called the Digital Moncast, on Audio Entropy.
  • Options
    BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    Heres a think that bothers me about Supernatural.

Sam and Dean are all about family right? They have literally turned over heaven and hell for each other. But what about Adam, their half brother? Hes been stuck in hell for like 5 seasons and they haven't mentioned him since he was locked in the fucking pit.

• Options
    RadiusRadius Registered User regular
    Man, what is Spider-Man doing while all this shit in Daredevil is going down?

Everyday we stray further from God's light
    Steam Switch FC: 2799-7909-4852
  • Options
    Radius wrote: »
    Man, what is Spider-Man doing while all this shit in Daredevil is going down?
    His homework over in Queens

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    Blank what do you think about what the deal is with Crystal

• Options
    Son of BeyonderSon of Beyonder From Beyond BeyondRegistered User regular
  • Options
    Blank what do you think about what the deal is with Crystal
    I think Soule is a good enough writer, who enjoys continuity and is aware of it, that her absence is really odd and I doubt he would just forget about her. I'd say it is worth Tweeting at him about

As for
    her and Johnny getting back together vs. Medusa, I prefer the latter.

Johnny is back in the cycle of maturing and then being a big child until another writer matures him up so having him be in a relationship with queen of the Inhumans is a strong message that he's probably stepping up his maturity.

Also Medusa and Black Bolt are absolutely not getting back together anytime soon, especially if she figures out he gave their son to Kang FOREVER, and she has been single for almost a year now, so a relationship with Johnny isn't super sudden and will be fun because we've never seen her date anyone other than BB and Johnny is about as far from him as possible

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Oh in case anyone wasn't sure, this issue of Superior Iron Man 100% confirmed that it is not a Superior Spider-Man esque story about a morally questionable hero

It is straight up Tony Stark is the villain Pepper Potts is the hero, let's do this.
    He ends up revealing his end game is solving overpopulation and securing Earth's future by wiping out people he deems unnecessary or useless before killing a, fully alive and aware, back-up copy of his own mind made years before.

Then the issue ends with him declaring that Pepper is next.

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    NeoTomaNeoToma Registered User regular
    Yikes

• Options
    GvzbgulGvzbgul Registered User regular
    I don't know what to think about that.

• Options
    Gvzbgul wrote: »
    I don't know what to think about that.
    I mean it'll be undone

It's no different than Archangel or Cyclops being Apocalypse that one time

As a one-off story I don't mind it, if it was going to be his status quo for the next few years then I'd be less interested

Although Pepper becoming Iron Woman as a result is pretty dope

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    Dedwrekka wrote: »
    Dedwrekka wrote: »
    Anyone been reading Black Vortex? I've been skipping it but I just picked up post-BV Nova and had a question:
    so Sam found Rich's helmet during the event. Was there any huge thing about that or was it just oh look a helmet
    He looks into the Black Vortex to learn what he would become if he succombed to the power of it and sees a vision of Rich Rider dying in the Cancerverse and becoming a desiccated corpse floating in space that dissolves away until only his helmet is left. He takes it as a sign that the Vortex is telling him not to become like Rider.

Ugh.

Note that the Vortex is a manipulative douche, and it never really tells the whole truth.
    He rejects the vision from the Vortex, of course.

At least they're admitting he exists again?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    I really like that the Inhumans in AoS who aren't just normal pretty people are kinda salty at those who are

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    I really like that the Inhumans in AoS who aren't just normal pretty people are kinda salty at those who are

Raina makes sense, since she's new to it.

I think Gordon is just salty that prettyboy is in the room going "it'll be okay!" while he's trying to do the "nothing wrong with looking different!" speech. It's like, not helping dude.

• Options
    "Avocado Foggy Nelson."

yes. <3

• Options
    LadaiLadai Registered User regular
    Hahahaha oh man my favorite part of tonight's Arrow:
    "There's a decent chance that you and Palmer are related."

Almost as good as John "Two Guns" Diggle.

ely3ub6du1oe.jpg
  • Options
    KingofMadCowsKingofMadCows Registered User regular

They've only shown two deformed Inhumans. Perhaps the others aren't as prickly.

• Options

They've only shown two deformed Inhumans with altered physical traits. Perhaps the others aren't as prickly.

Fixed that for you. ;)

• Options
    I hope most of them are!

it really sucks that pretty normal Inhumans can go out into the real world but weird looking ones have to stay in hiding! I'd be pissed too

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    I hope most of them are!

it really sucks that pretty normal Inhumans can go out into the real world but weird looking ones have to stay in hiding! I'd be pissed too

Pfft , I'm already used to walking around looking like a hideous freakmonster, least this way I'd gain a power of some kind!

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
  • Options
    KingofMadCowsKingofMadCows Registered User regular
    Eh, there are probably telepath/illusionist/transmuter Inhumans that can take them to see the rest of the world. Plus they can always go to comic con, where they'll see that they don't have it so bad.

• Options
    edited April 2015
    I was thinking about it and as hyped as I am for Iron Fist

Luke Cage is probably gonna be the most interesting Netflix series huh

Like Daredevil took inspiration from Man Without Fear and Bendis' run and a bunch of other stories

Jessica Jones is gonna have Alias

Iron Fist has, ideally, Immortal Iron Fist

But Luke Cage doesn't really have any big standout solo stories, let alone solo stories that aren't 70s as fuck (or borderline racist and offensive like his MAX series). So aside from modernizing his origin he's kind of a blank slate for them to work with

BlankZoe on
    CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular

Raina makes sense, since she's new to it.

I think Gordon is just salty that prettyboy is in the room going "it'll be okay!" while he's trying to do the "nothing wrong with looking different!" speech. It's like, not helping dude.
    I get that her current state is painful and she's not as pretty as she was before by human standards but maybe if she'd stop complaining about it for five minutes and tried figuring out what her powers are like Gordon suggests, maybe things could get a little better. You wanted this, Raina, so stop whining and get your inner-villain groove back.

• Options
    The writer of Deadpool officially confirmed Colossus is in the film, but also hinted at him being more accurate to the comics Where he is a huge dude nearly on par with Hulk and Thing sometimes.

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    FuruFuru Registered User regular
    The writer of Deadpool officially confirmed Colossus is in the film, but also hinted at him being more accurate to the comics Where he is a huge dude nearly on par with Hulk and Thing sometimes.

from the look of the shooting pics he's going to be entirely CGI

• Options
    edited April 2015
    I was thinking about it and as hyped as I am for Iron Fist

Luke Cage is probably gonna be the most interesting Netflix series huh

Like Daredevil took inspiration from Man Without Fear and Bendis' run and a bunch of other stories

Jessica Jones is gonna have Alias

Iron Fist has, ideally, Immortal Iron Fist

But Luke Cage doesn't really have any big standout solo stories, let alone solo stories that aren't 70s as fuck (or borderline racist and offensive like his MAX series). So aside from modernizing his origin he's kind of a blank slate for them to work with

Marvel is reprinting the Cage series from the 90's later this year, I wonder if they're drawing from that.
    http://www.amazon.com/Luke-Cage-Second-Chances-Vol/dp/0785192980

Undead Scottsman on
  • Options
    SixshotStrikerSixshotStriker Registered User regular
    Bucketman wrote: »

Sam and Dean are all about family right? They have literally turned over heaven and hell for each other. But what about Adam, their half brother? Hes been stuck in hell for like 5 seasons and they haven't mentioned him since he was locked in the fucking pit.

I may be wrong about this but I heard they can't get the actor back so they're not bringing it up.

• Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    aw, damn it, I was planning on avoiding that because ryan reynolds annoys the crap out of me

it's X3 all over again

• Options
    PeewiPeewi Registered User regular

I signed up for that and the Marvel website seems to be all sorts of broken in Chrome, but works in Internet Explorer. That seems weird.

• Options
    SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    Bucketman wrote: »

I may be wrong about this but I heard they can't get the actor back so they're not bringing it up.
    Doesn't really matter though, anything after S5 is just what Sam sees while he's being tortured in the cage anyway.

sig.gif
This discussion has been closed.