As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

insta[chat]

• Options
    VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    if you add a sand glove masturbation area to your game you have to credit dk for lending you a hand

• Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    edited April 2015

i am happy to know this will now be part of your apple tv slideshow

Chanus on
    Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    Winky wrote: »
    gloves.jpg

Does anyone else find something bizarrely erotic about this image?

Maybe it's the way the glove subtly caresses the sand.

Or how the box looks much like a tissue box.

My erection became.

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    Eddy wrote: »
    Technological advance is an inherently iterative process. One does not simply take sand from the beach and produce a masturbation hand. We use crude tools to fashion better tools, and then our better tools to fashion more precise tools, and so on. Each minor refinement is a step in the process, and all of the steps must be taken.

and thus not a single sandy ejaculation wasted

• Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    i like when autocorrect completely changes the context of a statement

• Options
    BeNarwhalBeNarwhal The Work Left Unfinished Registered User regular
    Dragon spacecraft successfully deployed - primary mission success! <3

Waiting on news from Stage 1's flyback ...

• Options
    DiannaoChongDiannaoChong Registered User regular
    TehSloth wrote: »
    Someone should make a phone app that you can take a picture of a check, drag items over into piles and send bills to everyone in the party

Shit I should make that I bet that would actually be useful

And it's free but charges everyone who splits the check 5% as a microtransaction.

DIBS ON IP.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Technological advance is an inherently iterative process. One does not simply take sand from the beach and produce a masturbation hand. We use crude tools to fashion better tools, and then our better tools to fashion more precise tools, and so on. Each minor refinement is a step in the process, and all of the steps must be taken.

yeah but he just did tho

• Options

Like tears in rain.

• Options
    GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular
    a5ehren wrote: »
    Gooey wrote: »
    arent they supposed to land one of these rocket stages back on a floating platform someplace

They're trying to recover the first stage with a soft landing.

I assume it is parachutes into some sort of net or something? as opposed to a powered, controlled descent

919UOwT.png
  • Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    also from the news

ta462da8.jpg?updated=140420151600

I like the defense minister's style

she loves using greys and fabrics that goes really well with her hair

the shape of the scarf matching her hair is a very nice touch

(because the article itself was p boring this is what I'm focusing on)

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    spacekungfumanspacekungfuman Poor and minority-filled Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    wandering wrote: »
    Chanus wrote: »
    Speaking of crowd funding science I looked back at the kickstarter for trying to build a supercomputer to calculate the exact value of PI -- also the end value of the fibonacci sequence.

It's amazing.

okay, i can see someone thinking that maybe pi is just really really really precise

but the fibonacci sequence? wtf
    but when will someone finally get to the bottom of what happens when you divide by zero

. . . the bottom is zero when you divide by zero

• Options
    skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    arent they supposed to land one of these rocket stages back on a floating platform someplace

I assume it is parachutes into some sort of net or something? as opposed to a powered, controlled descent

I think it's powered

a few years ago I saw elon musk speak and that morning they had done a test where they lifted a rocket off a launch pad, had it hover for a bit, and then land back down

• Options
    AManFromEarthAManFromEarth Let's get to twerk! The King in the SwampRegistered User regular
  • Options
    WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    I wish more defense ministers were judged primarily on style.

I think the world would be a safer place.

• Options
    RiemannLivesRiemannLives Registered User regular
    Speaking of crowd funding science I looked back at the kickstarter for trying to build a supercomputer to calculate the exact value of PI -- also the end value of the fibonacci sequence.

It's amazing.

okay, i can see someone thinking that maybe pi is just really really really precise

but when will someone finally get to the bottom of what happens when you divide by zero

oh that's easy

you just flip the Riemann Sphere upside down

Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
  • Options
    japanjapan Registered User regular

It's the latter

Onto a robot ship

• Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Options
    a5ehrena5ehren AtlantaRegistered User regular
    edited April 2015

They're trying to do powered descents. Parachute landings are too imprecise for what they want to do.

Edit: Looks like they didn't make it

a5ehren on
  • Options
    AManFromEarthAManFromEarth Let's get to twerk! The King in the SwampRegistered User regular

Support for FARC during the 80s and 90s.

Lh96QHG.png
  • Options

It's amazing.

oh that's easy

We've heard enough about your "Riemann Spheres", man. Don't talk about that shit in public.

• Options
    DoctorArchDoctorArch Curmudgeon Registered User regular

I was afraid this patent was actually non-obvious, but the USPTO didn't let me down. Well, actually, it almost always lets me down, but you know what I mean.

"Do X, but with computers" has now translated to "Do X, but now with robots," where X, in this case, is delegation.

Everyone involved with this patent process who didn't dissent should be forced to commit seppuku.

Why the hell can't I get these examiners examining my patent applications? Instead I get the examiners who write poorly-written stream of consciousness screeds in excess of 30 pages.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6732-9515-9697
  • Options
    GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular
    wow

that is pretty neat

919UOwT.png
  • Options
    spacekungfumanspacekungfuman Poor and minority-filled Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular

Terrifyingly superior cigars?

• Options
    cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular

It's amazing.

one_of_those_demotivators_of_a_black_hole_or_an_implosion_with_a_caption_that_says_something_about_what_happens_when_you_divide_by_zero.jpg

• Options
    Only word on the stage 1 landing is a tweet "We falcon-punched the barge"

Given that that is precisely how I would have characterized the prior attempt, I wouldn't categorize that as good news

But we'll wait for further confirmation for now!

Still, an otherwise problem-free launch and deployment of the Dragon spacecraft, which is still very exciting <3

• Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular

I guess that's fair, though by that metric the US probably belongs on the list as well.

Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Options
    DiannaoChongDiannaoChong Registered User regular
    I mean, the US<->Cuba situation is literally "were too old for this shit, the cold war is over, we don't even know why we are still doing this" right now, right?

steam_sig.png
  • Options

sponsoring terrorism is all about timing

• Options
    DoctorArch wrote: »

I was afraid this patent was actually non-obvious, but the USPTO didn't let me down. Well, actually, it almost always lets me down, but you know what I mean.

"Do X, but with computers" has now translated to "Do X, but now with robots," where X, in this case, is delegation.

Everyone involved with this patent process who didn't dissent should be forced to commit seppuku.

Why the hell can't I get these examiners examining my patent applications? Instead I get the examiners who write poorly-written stream of consciousness screeds in excess of 30 pages.

Is your name Google?

• Options
    @syndalis @Donkey Kong - I'm increasingly thinking that the new macbook just isn't going to cut it for me. Is there any real reason to get an air over a pro? The air isn't THAT much lighter or smaller and the pro is faster.

• Options

I guess that's fair, though by that metric the US probably belongs on the list as well.

Probably, but it is our list.

Lh96QHG.png
  • Options

It's amazing.

oh that's easy

I heard if you do that to RiemannLives, you get 2 quarters, a nickel, and half a Snickers bar.

• Options
    SurfpossumSurfpossum A nonentity trying to preserve the anonymity he so richly deserves.Registered User regular
    edited April 2015
    You can watch a previous attempt at the landing:

@BeNarwhal can we expect any additional cool live things to watch on this flight?

i really need to play around with kerbal space program more

Surfpossum on
  • Options
    cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    god
    so many underscores
    shift dash shift dash shift dash
    never again

• Options
    Powered descent, their goal is to have it eventually return to the launch complex and land, and parachutes cannot offer that level of control.

Looking like a no-go for the barge landing today though - we'll see.

• Options
    Don't get me wrong, Cuba got up to some shit during the Cold War against us.

But it's time to bury that frozen nonsense. I mean, after all, we've got a shiny new Cold War to worry about!

Lh96QHG.png
  • Options
    programjunkieprogramjunkie Registered User regular
    Real life is the best cyberpunk dystopia:

tqUevXX1.jpg

• Options
    See, SpaceX just needs to learn how to make their successes into captivating vines too.

• Options

Cuban Thistle Crisis. A few years back, illegally smuggled cigars would occasionally have thistles in them which would cause Americans to choke or get pricked.

It was terrorble.

This discussion has been closed.