As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Italian Front [Chat]

• Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    i can't stop listening to Come Alive by Chromeo.

i hope you're happy, @So It Goes

• Options
    simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
    y68JjKx.jpg

• Options
    Apothe0sisApothe0sis Have you ever questioned the nature of your reality? Registered User regular
    For morningtons,

GaUZR2S.gifWKz3jV0.png

Jim Darkmagic and Binwin Bronzebottom sprites.

I like the still dude.

I think he should swivel his eyes occasionally.

That would make me lol

• Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
  • Options
    Apothe0sis wrote: »
    For morningtons,

GaUZR2S.gifWKz3jV0.png

I like the still dude.

That would make me lol

heh, I'm not gonna do that because i have a different idle animation in mind, but you're right.

• Options
    MsAnthropyMsAnthropy The Lady of Pain Breaks the Rhythm, Breaks the Rhythm, Breaks the Rhythm The City of FlowersRegistered User regular
    Cinders wrote: »
    I thought daredevil was a delivery mechanism for well directed action sequences.

Yes. Much like the plot of the Matrix exists to explain how Keanu Reeves can do Kung Fu.

Luscious Sounds Spotify Playlist

"The only real politics I knew was that if a guy liked Hitler, I’d beat the stuffing out of him and that would be it." -- Jack Kirby
  • Options
    ronyaronya Arrrrrf. the ivory tower's basementRegistered User regular
    is cable ready for ten seasons of The Raid

aRkpc.gif
  • Options
    AtomikaAtomika Live fast and get fucked or whatever Registered User regular
    what does it mean if i don't really disagree with many of your points yet i enjoyed it anyway

it means you're probably a fan of Game of Thrones, too

:wink:

:rotate:

• Options
    Apothe0sisApothe0sis Have you ever questioned the nature of your reality? Registered User regular
    TL DR wrote: »
    Oh my god I'd forgotten all about this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pff3VBxWFNI

Historians will cite this kind of shit as confirmation of a pervasive and malignant ennui which shaped the developing culture of the early 21st century

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED?!

• Options
    MrAnthropy wrote: »
    I thought daredevil was a delivery mechanism for well directed action sequences.

Yes. Much like the plot of the Matrix exists to explain how Keanu Reeves can do Kung Fu wear a sick coat.

• Options
    P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular
    i would have liked the action sequences in daredevil more if he didn't do random flips into obviously pulled kicks for no reason all the time
    along those lines, i loved it in the last episode when
    there was a parkour sequence and he just did random front flips while jumping from building to building because ~comic books~

Shameful pursuits and utterly stupid opinions
  • Options
    AtomikaAtomika Live fast and get fucked or whatever Registered User regular
    P10 wrote: »
    also i think the "it has no heart" charge is mostly valid but an interesting complaint to make because i find that's true of most television

Well, the old saying is that most of everything is crap, right? But we don't judge things by those standards, we judge them by the standard bearers.

For instance, the heart of, say, Battlestar Galactica was the goodness of the main characters trying to maintain basic human decency in a world where it may not matter anymore. In Breaking Bad, the heart of the show was the slow slide of Walter White into villainy and Jesse's rise to salvation.

The heart of Daredevil SHOULD be (IMO, obvs) Matt trying to save Hell's Kitchen from its history of poverty and crime, and in plain textual terms, it already is; but the show doesn't do the legwork. It doesn't give us reason for us to think this is a real struggle and worth the effort. You could also work the angle where Matt struggles with his duality of upholding the law in the day and subverting it at night. But this show just wants close-ups of people looking angsty and dour, hoping their facial expressions alone sell the myriad overarching plots.

• Options
    All of Atomika's points are true and yet it's better than a lot of TV, better than pretty much every serial, and in a whole different class to almost anything comic related.

Which is an indictment of comic stuff and most TV as much as it is praise of the Daring Deevil

• Options
    edited April 2015
    Though I liked mental retard Fisk.

Though I think there were better, alternative interpretations of his demeanour consistent with Goran's performance.

Apothe0sis on
  • Options
    Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    Atomika wrote: »
    what does it mean if i don't really disagree with many of your points yet i enjoyed it anyway

it means you're probably a fan of Game of Thrones, too

:wink:

:rotate:

never seen it

poo
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    Apothe0sis wrote: »
    For morningtons,

GaUZR2S.gifWKz3jV0.png

I like the still dude.

That would make me lol

Also, I think Jim's wand in his right hand's cycle is off. The top half seemed to move back and forth to either side of the bottom half. Probably a little hard to fix at this res, but it looks a little janky.

Also, Jim having a perfectly straight leg that moves back and forth above the knee makes it a little off.

Make it bend a bit more in its neutral position and, if possible move the foot a bit

Aaaand make either extreme of his movement take a few extra frames so that his movement is a little more smooth.

My 0.02 * 4

Apothe0sis on
  • Options
    GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular
    good morning bros

919UOwT.png
  • Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    Gooey wrote: »
    good morning bros

NO U

• Options
    CindersCinders Whose sails were black when it was windy Registered User regular
    Guy watching game of thrones on WiFi here is an ass. There is no bandwidth because of him.

• Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    Guy watching game of thrones on WiFi here is an ass. There is no bandwidth because of him.

him?

• Options
    GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular

Chop off his head with your great sword

919UOwT.png
  • Options
    CindersCinders Whose sails were black when it was windy Registered User regular
    Oh.

He's running a torrent too.

Fuck you, you little ass.

• Options
    SummaryJudgmentSummaryJudgment Grab the hottest iron you can find, stride in the Tower’s front door Registered User regular

Historians will cite this kind of shit as confirmation of a pervasive and malignant ennui which shaped the developing culture of the early 21st century

9/11 did some weird things to our culture

I talked to some people at a concert last weekend who have never known a United States that wasn't at war.

I'm not sure if that's better or worse than Millennials who were in junior high when it happened, and therefore remember at least some of pre-9/11 America. Between that and the economy, it's not a far jump to see people gravitating towards nihilistic culture.

Some days Blue wonders why anyone ever bothered making numbers so small; other days she supposes even infinity needs to start somewhere.
  • Options
    TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
  • Options
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    Oh.

He's running a torrent too.

Fuck you, you little ass.

Un trou du cul petit

Apothe0sis on
  • Options
    DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular

I talked to some people at a concert last weekend who have never known a United States that wasn't at war.

I'm not sure if that's better or worse than Millennials who were in junior high when it happened, and therefore remember at least some of pre-9/11 America. Between that and the economy, it's not a far jump to see people gravitating towards nihilistic culture.

There's been a recent wave of colleges where students are basically saying the first amendment is freedom from being offended. Read a decent piece that put forward the idea that these are the kids who grew up and learned about freedom of speech in the post 9/11 era and so what do we expect them to think?

Reading it is just another one of those milestones on the "Damn, I'm old aren't I?" journey.

Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • Options
    Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular
    Echo wrote: »
    Sweden has a special relationship to the n-word.

Here, have some n-word balls. And of course it figures that I find some racist as heck ones when I GIS.

qxxQSg7.jpg

Someone then had the idea that maybe that was a wee bit offensive and suggested just calling them "chocolate balls" or something instead.

Cue massive outrage from the racist shitheel right-wing section about how it was "Swedish culture" and "had always been called that" etc etc.

In china they call Lucian, a LoL champ who's black and has twin magic handguns "double gun Obama"

He doesn't even look like Obama!!

• Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    edited April 2015
    I made a terrible mistake staying in Munich. Munich is great and Oulu, Finland is not, but hear me out. In Munich I stayed in a closet and wandered around the touristy stuff alone. In Oulu my hotel is an oceanside spa with a free massage every day with a sauna and a room full of personal jacuzzis.

Donkey Kong on
    Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    There's also a bitching restaurant here and the hotel keeps track for all your booze tax so you can get it back when you leave.

Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    Dear Swedistani Netflix, stop subtitling "intelligence officer" as "secret agent".

• Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    I heard Sunless Sea is excellent. True?

It's on sale (20% off) this weekend.

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    Dear Swedistani Netflix, stop subtitling "intelligence officer" as "secret agent".

This post left me with so many questions all thinking about them they all come down to it being so outside my experience to have media that would be subtitled in a language I knew while also originally being in a language I knew.

Stupid America and our monolingualism.

Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • Options
    people who think they have a right to not be offended are adorable

• Options
    i am going to eat pizza and watch the new Orphan Black

pretty good day

• Options
    override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    do we hate Daredevil now?

because I really liked daredevil, D'onofrio as Fisk was a fantastic "shark in a skin suit" and Jessica from true blood as Karen even had her own arc completely separate from the male protagonist which is surprisingly rare

• Options
    ronyaronya Arrrrrf. the ivory tower's basementRegistered User regular
    Tav wrote: »
    people who think they have a right to not be offended are terrifying

aRkpc.gif
  • Options
    SummaryJudgmentSummaryJudgment Grab the hottest iron you can find, stride in the Tower’s front door Registered User regular
    edited April 2015

There's been a recent wave of colleges where students are basically saying the first amendment is freedom from being offended. Read a decent piece that put forward the idea that these are the kids who grew up and learned about freedom of speech in the post 9/11 era and so what do we expect them to think?

Reading it is just another one of those milestones on the "Damn, I'm old aren't I?" journey.

Tumblr'ists [going to sub this as as an example of the kids in your post] are a weird one. Like, speaking as a 26 year old, I feel like my cohort is actually 15% Tumblr uses, 90% derisive backlash at them. The 15% is vocal, though.

The thing too, I think is that there is a LOT of intra-generational variance now. While I'm sure people in every generation felt the same way, I don't really feel represented similiarly by 23 year olds, let alone 20 year olds. So much shit happened so fast in like 2000 and going forward that there's like a cultural compression going forward. Whether you were raised with hi-speed internet, whether you grew up with a smartphone, did you graduate college before or after the economy tanked in 2008, did you graduate before or after the Big Three tanked in the late 2000s (this is more Michigan specific), etc.

SummaryJudgment on
    Some days Blue wonders why anyone ever bothered making numbers so small; other days she supposes even infinity needs to start somewhere.
  • Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod

This post left me with so many questions all thinking about them they all come down to it being so outside my experience to have media that would be subtitled in a language I knew while also originally being in a language I knew.

Stupid America and our monolingualism.

I'm watching Homeland. Yeah, CIA intelligence officers are agents, but "secret agent" is just a really shitty translation.

• Options
    simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
This discussion has been closed.