As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

PS Vita/PSTV: It's this really obscure handheld, you've probably never heard of it

• Options
    DoctorArchDoctorArch Curmudgeon Registered User regular
    Kreutz wrote: »
    I left my Vita charger in another state so I ordered a replacement off of Amazon until I can get mine back again. It turns out that Sony sells each half of the cable separately and I can't charge shit with the half I purchased. So that's going back to Amazon and my Vita is going to ride the shelf for a while.

Wait. If it's the USB cord you can totally charge with that.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6732-9515-9697
  • Options
    LovelyLovely Registered User regular
    edited August 2015
    Donnicton wrote: »
    Lovely wrote: »
    IA/VT is now mine! I'm having fun with it.
    So far my only complaint is that you can't take screenshots during songs. But you CAN take screenshots of the menu's. ...which is... kinda weird.

EDIT- OH YEAH. This isn't a complaint so much as.... a personal failing? I finally taught myself how to use the arrow keys in Project Diva in addition to the shape buttons. In IA/VT you can't do that. Because the arrow keys don't translate as the shape-keys and actually come up in songs as separate buttons. So now, I need to UNLEARN what I had finally learned to do in PDiva. *weep weep*

How navigable are the menus? I've been thinking about getting it since Superufo sells it for less than $34US (albeit out of stock at the moment), but I probably won't do much with it if the only thing I'll be able to figure out how to do is "enter song".

Main menu is partially in english actually, so it's not too bad at all.

2015_08_03_214958.jpg

Lovely on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    TakelTakel Registered User regular
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MY76h0TiKNk

Yeah, that's some Valkyrie profile music and gameplay.

Oh god the character models are worse in animation than I feared they were in screenshots.

why do they look so out of place with the backgrounds

Speaking of which the backgrounds are really nice.

mmm, yeah the character models and some of the animations really scream 'Cheap korean F2P MMO!'
    I really hope they touch up the models a bit. Just make them less bobble headed either shrink the heads or put a bit more in the bodies and not have the animations have zero acceleration

Steam | PSN: MystLansfeld | 3DS: 4656-6210-1377 | FFXIV: Lavinia Lansfeld
  • Options
    baudattitudebaudattitude Registered User regular
    So far my only complaint is that you can't take screenshots during songs. But you CAN take screenshots of the menu's. ...which is... kinda weird.

EDIT- OH YEAH. This isn't a complaint so much as.... a personal failing? I finally taught myself how to use the arrow keys in Project Diva in addition to the shape buttons. In IA/VT you can't do that. Because the arrow keys don't translate as the shape-keys and actually come up in songs as separate buttons. So now, I need to UNLEARN what I had finally learned to do in PDiva. *weep weep*

Do you ever need to simultaneously press an arrow key and a face button that don't go together? Because that's what messes me up after way too much Project Diva, the last two rhythm games I played wanted me to press, oh, up and square at the same time and that near to broke me.

• Options
    QuiotuQuiotu Registered User regular
    Takel wrote: »
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MY76h0TiKNk

Yeah, that's some Valkyrie profile music and gameplay.

Oh god the character models are worse in animation than I feared they were in screenshots.

why do they look so out of place with the backgrounds

Speaking of which the backgrounds are really nice.

mmm, yeah the character models and some of the animations really scream 'Cheap korean F2P MMO!'
    I really hope they touch up the models a bit. Just make them less bobble headed either shrink the heads or put a bit more in the bodies and not have the animations have zero acceleration

For some odd reason I look at that and go 'So this is what Persona Q would look like in 3rd person... '

wbee62u815wj.png
  • Options
    KreutzKreutz Blackwater Park, IARegistered User regular
    DoctorArch wrote: »
    I left my Vita charger in another state so I ordered a replacement off of Amazon until I can get mine back again. It turns out that Sony sells each half of the cable separately and I can't charge shit with the half I purchased. So that's going back to Amazon and my Vita is going to ride the shelf for a while.

I wish. It's everything but the USB cable.

• Options

Do you ever need to simultaneously press an arrow key and a face button that don't go together? Because that's what messes me up after way too much Project Diva, the last two rhythm games I played wanted me to press, oh, up and square at the same time and that near to broke me.

No. Well... not...yet....

sig.gif
  • Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    edited August 2015
    You don't press buttons that don't go together in Project Diva. The Directions always go together. Examples: Square and Left. Triangle and Up. Etc.

You can also buy a modifier to not get double notes in a song.

vagrant_winds on
    // Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • Options
    edited August 2015
    Nah nah, we're not talking about Project Diva, but other rhythm games. It's just that because of Project Diva, our brains have to retrain themselves.

For example, in IA/VT, triangle and the up button register as different buttons and they won't count as the other. They have the same color though, so I mess up sometimes and just stare at the screen in confusion.
    The game is generally easy so far, but little things like that will trip me up.

Lovely on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    PLAPLA The process.Registered User regular
    Forget the heads. Those are some stiff, stick-like movements.

• Options
    You don't press buttons that don't go together in Project Diva. The Directions always go together. Examples: Square and Left. Triangle and Up. Etc.

You can also buy a modifier to not get double notes in a song.

Yup, and that's what playing all of the Project Diva games has trained me to do. What kills me in other games is stuff like the final song in K-On! Hokago Live!! where the guitar part has a long string of chording X + Right, Circle + Down, X + Right, Circle + Down, repeat for a bunch of notes. The only way I managed to make it through that was by exploiting - the game doesn't penalize for hitting the wrong buttons as long as the right ones are pressed, so I just mashed X + Circle + Down + Right for every beat. :)

It also has things like "Press Down and X together. Down is a hold note, but X is not, so keep holding Down while you hit three more notes with other face buttons." which was honestly not too hard to adapt to.

(Don't judge me. It was like Y980 used and I'll try any rhythm game at least once.)

• Options

No. Well... not...yet....

Cool, thanks :) I can probably survive that then. Game looks awesome from the screenshots on play-asia and honestly I could use a break from Miku after Diva f 2nd and its terrible terrible scratch notes.*

* That being said, I do have Project Mirai on preorder because adorable.

• Options
    grim123grim123 Registered User regular

I'm surprised you don't have an extra micro-USB cord laying around

Aww nutsack.
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    RenzoRenzo Registered User regular
    grim123 wrote: »

That's not what Vita uses for its charge cable, though.

• Options
    DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    Yea, the vita plug is proprietary. Basically if he'd gotten the cable and none of the other stuff he could have probably finagled a powered USB connection to charge but the other way around he's just screwed.

Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • Options
    grim123grim123 Registered User regular
    Renzo wrote: »
    grim123 wrote: »

That's not what Vita uses for its charge cable, though.

Oh right I forgot that's only on the slim.

Aww nutsack.
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    ChanceChance Registered User regular
    Holy hell this week's sale has some gems. Okami HD, GrimGrimoire... I think I'll finally try Danganronpa.

'Chance, you are the best kind of whore.' -Henroid
  • Options
    Mego ThorMego Thor "I say thee...NAY!" Registered User regular
    I'd like to have GrimGrimoire on PS Vita, but the store says it's for PS3.

kyrcl.png
  • Options
    Mego Thor wrote: »
    I'd like to have GrimGrimoire on PS Vita, but the store says it's for PS3.

Ahhh that'd be awesome. RTS with a touch screen.

• Options
    Mego ThorMego Thor "I say thee...NAY!" Registered User regular
    With Odin Sphere getting a Vita remake, hopefully GrimGrimoire will be next in line.

kyrcl.png
  • Options
    Doubtful - it got pretty tepid reviews - but I'd definitely buy it. ...in fact I think I'll snag it for the living room PS3...

• Options
    Some really good games this sale, plus several that haven't gone on sale for the almost 2 years that I've had a Vita, including Disgaea 1-3 and the Prinny games. FYI, Disgaea 2 and the Prinny games don't show up under the sales section, but have a sale price on their respective page.

• Options
    Also, I picked up Mega Man 2 PS One Classic to see if the Japanese text would be too much of a barrier for good old Mega Man 2 goodness. It just might be. I was lucky to get into the game itself.

• Options
    Some really good games this sale, plus several that haven't gone on sale for the almost 2 years that I've had a Vita, including Disgaea 1-3 and the Prinny games. FYI, Disgaea 2 and the Prinny games don't show up under the sales section, but have a sale price on their respective page.

I went with Danganronpa 1&2 - and $16 felt like a decent price to give Natural Doctrine a shot.

• Options
    Well that's annoying. Windows 10 kind of broke QCMA, as my vita no longer can connect via USB connection. Thankfully WiFi connect still works, but its a bit slower.

• Options
    I went a little nuts and bought all of the Disgaea games that I didn't already own for the PSP/Vita. So I guess I'll see you guys in a few years.

• Options
    MagicalGoatsMagicalGoats Registered User regular
    I went a little nuts and bought all of the Disgaea games that I didn't already own for the PSP/Vita. So I guess I'll see you guys in a few years.

Just a few? Oh, I guess you're skipping the optional stuff.

There is no aspect, no facet, no moment of life, that cannot be improved with pizza.
  • Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular

Yeah. I didn't actually own any of the PSP Digaea games on PSN, just on UMD, so I re bought 1, 2, Infinity, the two Prinny games, and a couple more things during this week's sale. I'm thinking about rebuying 4 even though I own it on PS3, for the additions.

• Options
  • Options
    Not watching the trailer because I want to go in spoiler/surprise free. But I did skip to the end to see the release date. A day after my b-day, so that's cool :D .

In other thoughts. Koei-Tecmo Europe posted this today. and I dunno... it just kinda confuses me...

"We're not sure" ? Seriously? I mean, yeah, the game itself might not be MY thing (little too fanservicey for my tastes, so I'm on the fence,) but I am not the gaming majority! I mean, it seems pretty obvious that for people who like ... well... pretty much any of Koei-Tecmo's stuff (and action, and pretty ladies,) that they would want Yoru Kuni. Is Koei Europe just... trying to be coy or something?

"Yeah. We're uh.. NOT SURE about this one. WINK!"

I........I'm old and cynical aren't I?

sig.gif
  • Options
    Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    I didn't know what Yoru Kuni was, so I looked it up. I would like to play that, pls Koei-Tecmo. Combat looks pretty rad.

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Options
    edited August 2015
    SEE! One merely has to glance at it to go, "hey. That looks nifty."

Hell, even I, who just mere hours ago said, "not for me" , just looked at some screens again and thought, "man, I kinda wanna play that."

*ahem*

In other news. I got paid today, made some ebay sales, so I can technically afford and I DESIRE another atelier game. Meruru or Ayesha. But I'm terrified to do so because I KNOW that as soon as I purchase one, they will go on sale T.T . DAMN YOU MY UNLUCKY FATE! *shakes fist*

Lovely on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    edited August 2015
    Ha! That's pretty close to what I said when I looked up the game. Just replace "nifty", with "spiffy".

Skull2185 on
    Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Options
    ............. Okay. US Koei joins in. Now I'm POSITIVE they are just trying to be cute, and are planning an announcement or something.

sig.gif
  • Options
    PLAPLA The process.Registered User regular
    51BlwlydkOL.jpg

• Options
    Well, I've been posting every trailer for the game in the thread.

I want it badly.

• Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    What's up with that weird blank PLA post?

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    The good news is that my Vita charge cord is now back in my possession and it didn't cost me anything but time and gas money. The bad thing is, the first thing I did was back up all of my Vita content to my PS3 as soon as I got home. I say that it's bad news because I fucked up and copied my PS3 backups to my Vita instead of the other way around, and I lost about 30 hours combined of play time. Fuck everything.

• Options
    HounHoun Registered User regular
    Do you have PSPlus? Were you auto-backing up to the cloud? Can you drop into each game menu and pull the cloud save down?

• Options
    I bought Meruru on Friday.

Life is happiness. <3

sig.gif