As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

PS Vita/PSTV: It's this really obscure handheld, you've probably never heard of it

• Options
    ChanceChance Registered User regular
    Yeah, Hatoful does seem to get pigeonholed as an odd duck quite a bit.

I think it could find a larger audience if it didn't use such fowl language.

'Chance, you are the best kind of whore.' -Henroid
  • Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Nah, catering to old dinosaurs is pointless. Got to go for the new generation.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    I think the cardinal rule is to not write off games just because they're weird.

But really, it's a very pheasant game.

// Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • Options
    StormwatcherStormwatcher Blegh BlughRegistered User regular
    aw you guys

Steam: Stormwatcher | PSN: Stormwatcher33 | Switch: 5961-4777-3491
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    Mego ThorMego Thor "I say thee...NAY!" Registered User regular
    I don't really have any interest in Hatoful Boyfriend, but I'm not going to grouse about it.

kyrcl.png
  • Options
    RenzoRenzo Registered User regular
    What the cluck is going on in here.

• Options
    Ahhh I love puns so much.

• Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    Chance wrote: »
    Ahhh I love puns so much.

We're mostly just winging it right now.

But I'm not ready to duck out yet.

• Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    I'll probably wait to pick it up until they don't bill me quite as much.

• Options
    HounHoun Registered User regular
    In accordance with the Glorious Edict, as ratified by Moderation and Administration of this great forum, I hereby name you all "Silly Geese" in both the literal and metaphorical sense.

You are all terrible, and should feel appropriately terrible.

Wear your label with shame.

• Options
    Don't try and murder our fun.

It'll fly its course.

• Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    Houn wrote: »
    In accordance with the Glorious Edict, as ratified by Moderation and Administration of this great forum, I hereby name you all "Silly Geese" in both the literal and metaphorical sense.

You should join in instead of rantin' and raven.

• Options
    MagicalGoatsMagicalGoats Registered User regular

I feel this is an appropriate response, given the circumstances.
    Smoqslr.jpg

There is no aspect, no facet, no moment of life, that cannot be improved with pizza.
  • Options
    DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    edited July 2015

Fdb4obI.jpg

Donnicton on
  • Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
  • Options
    StormwatcherStormwatcher Blegh BlughRegistered User regular
    what's that (I saw the video)

Steam: Stormwatcher | PSN: Stormwatcher33 | Switch: 5961-4777-3491
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    PLAPLA The process.Registered User regular
    Ray Gigant.

• Options
    LovelyLovely Registered User regular
    Lovely's sad Fate/Extra tale:

"Haha! Oh man, I'm so awesome! All these enemies are so easy now. I've got their pattern down pat, I succeeded in the hunting challenge, I got the item I was sent to look for, and I'm almost done exploring this level~.
    Oh, hey, here's another eaaaaaaaaaaaasy enemy. Ha, ha, so silly, doesn't it know I'm almost done with this place?
    Oops. misread the pattern on this one. Oh. It... it's hitting Archer rather hard... Oh god, oh god, NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

And that's the story of how I lost about an hours worth of time in the dungeon because of hubris.

Side note, my cats do not appreciate my yelling of "Noooooooo" .

;_; .

sig.gif
  • Options
    I keep fighting back my desire to post massive amounts of Hakunon and Garcher artwork.

• Options
    *looks up both words*

Ooooooooooooooh.

Speaking of gay crushes. I kiiiiinda have a crush on Rin. Not sure why. Normally not a fan of her type. She's so pretty and cool though~ . (I still love Archer too of course though.) (I love them both! Aaah! personal 2-d love triangle! XD .)

sig.gif
  • Options
    edited July 2015
    Archer in /Extra totally remembers the person that Rin is based upon and comments on her, especially in her route. Also, the fact that she summons Lancer is a mythology gag back to /stay night (UBW route) where he mentions he wishes he was summoned by her.

Hakunon is the default name for the Female MC.

That said, though I don't recommend it for an Archer playthrough, you do get some great Archer vs Lancer battle banter and a cool Tsukihime cameo on the Rani route.

vagrant_winds on
  • Options
    edited July 2015
    Archer in /Extra totally remembers the person that Rin is based upon and comments on her, especially in her route. Also, the fact that she summons Lancer is a mythology gag back to /stay night (UBW route) where he mentions he wishes he was summoned by her.

Hakunon is the default name for the Female MC.

That said, though I don't recommend it for an Archer playthrough, you do get some great Archer vs Lancer battle banter and a cool Tsukihime cameo on the Rani route.

I always thought taking Saber either route worked fine, for Archer I always take Rin, for Caster, I always take Rani. If I'm not mistaken Caster has several comments on the cameo character, and her loadout of skills works MUCH better against the round 6 fight than any other character's.
    Lovely wrote: »
    Lovely's sad Fate/Extra tale:

"Haha! Oh man, I'm so awesome! All these enemies are so easy now. I've got their pattern down pat, I succeeded in the hunting challenge, I got the item I was sent to look for, and I'm almost done exploring this level~.
    Oh, hey, here's another eaaaaaaaaaaaasy enemy. Ha, ha, so silly, doesn't it know I'm almost done with this place?
    Oops. misread the pattern on this one. Oh. It... it's hitting Archer rather hard... Oh god, oh god, NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

And that's the story of how I lost about an hours worth of time in the dungeon because of hubris.

Side note, my cats do not appreciate my yelling of "Noooooooo" .

;_; .

Round 4's Hunting Challenge: That's part 2. Oh. Oh you have phobias to play with :sad:. I'm sorry.

On the upside, if you're done with round 3, it's clear sailing until round 6! Then, the pain begins again.
    dora_hatofulboyfriend_0.jpg

MagicalGoats on
    There is no aspect, no facet, no moment of life, that cannot be improved with pizza.
  • Options
    tri-Ace and Spike Chunsoft's RPG has been announced. PS4 + Vita. Titled "Exist Archive: The Other Side of the Sky". No video or Famitsu translations of the 14-page spread yet.

9p2DY5t.jpg

Scenario Writer: Masaki Norimoto (Wrote/Designed Valkyrie Profile, Valkyrie Profile 2, & Resonance of Fate. Lead Designer (but not lead Writer) of Star Ocean 1-3.)
    Music Composition: Motoi Sakuraba (Composer of Valkyrie Profile series, Star Ocean series, Dark Souls series, Tales of series with co-composers, and a bunch of Nintendo games)
    Character Design: Mino Taro (Character Designer of Love Plus who left Konami back in March.)

• Options
    That's also why I stopped playing Fate/Extra. Got about 45 minutes into a dungeon, guessed every single attack wrong and died in one turn. Nothing I could do about it.

I bought it digitally recently, and I want to start it up again on my Vita, but transferring the save is going to be a pain...

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    Reynolds wrote: »
    That's also why I stopped playing Fate/Extra. Got about 45 minutes into a dungeon, guessed every single attack wrong and died in one turn. Nothing I could do about it.

I bought it digitally recently, and I want to start it up again on my Vita, but transferring the save is going to be a pain...

Play it safe. If you have literally NO clue what you're doing? Guard. Guard guard guard, guard guard guard. Most enemies will not spam 3 breaks in a row, that's for certain, and you have a guaranteed 1 piece you know to start. Ties for guard also just so happen to guarantee you're not taking damage! Just... staring.
    nw7vj.jpg2j4bsd5.jpg
    But what a view!

Oh! On the subject of FATE, if I want to convert an image to background for Vita, does it have to be a specific size? Spoilered for size, and just to put it here, so I can find it later.
    5wtL5WI.jpg
    Would this already work? Do I need to try to cut off the bottom? :huh:

• Options
    DehumanizedDehumanized Registered User regular
    i had thought that star ocean 5: integrity and faithlessness was the most tri-ace game name that could be made

but nope

they did it

they beat it

• Options
    The archive exists on the other side of the sky.

• Options
    I'd been in the dungeon for 45 minutes or so, like I said, so I'd already fought that monster a few times. I thought I had his pattern figured out, but I apparently had it exactly backwards (although sometimes they seem to swap between a few similar patterns just to screw with you). I went all in instead of still playing it safe while waiting for it to 'log' his attacks.

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    edited July 2015
    Okay. So Exist Archive is literally a spiritual successor to Valkyrie Profile!
    • Twelve protagonist who have a soul of a Shinigami in them, becoming immortal, to battle the Gods in a not 'good vs evil' story.
    • Periodically you have to send characters back to Earth, leaving your party permanently, Valkyrie Profile 1 style, the order of which influences your story path and ending.
    • Dungeon traveling is 2D with 3D field graphics with platforming and dashing and enemies on the field. Literally Valkyrie Profile (2).
    • Battles are with 4 party members, each mapped to the face buttons, where timing of combos is important. Literally Valkyrie Profile (1).
    • 40-50 Hour main story and huge post-game.

Details make it sound like VP1-II rather than a VP3 because most of the mechanics sound more VP1ish than continuing on with VP2's additions. Though I'll have to wait for actual footage and more detail to make a more informed opinion.

vagrant_winds on
  • Options
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGPp1pgAyzQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZMUM-sXcYVk

You might say I'm looking forward to more VP style music. :D

• Options
    AspectVoidAspectVoid Registered User regular
    Okay. So Exist Archive is literally a spiritual successor to Valkyrie Profile!
    • Twelve protagonist who have a soul of a Shinigami in them, becoming immortal, to battle the Gods in a not 'good vs evil' story.
    • Periodically you have to send characters back to Earth, leaving your party permanently, Valkyrie Profile 1 style, the order of which influences your story path and ending.
    • Dungeon traveling is 2D with 3D field graphics with platforming and dashing and enemies on the field. Literally Valkyrie Profile (2).
    • Battles are with 4 party members, each mapped to the face buttons, where timing of combos is important. Literally Valkyrie Profile (1).
    • 40-50 Hour main story and huge post-game.

Details make it sound like VP1-II rather than a VP3 because most of the mechanics sound more VP1ish than continuing on with VP2's additions. Though I'll have to wait for actual footage and more detail to make a more informed opinion.

I need this game in my life. I need this game to time travel to yesterday so it can be in my life sooner.

PSN|AspectVoid
  • Options
    StragintStragint Do Not Gift Always DeclinesRegistered User regular
    What is with Lost Dimension? Isn't it supposed to come out on Vita? I'm only seeing a PS3 version.

PSN: Reaper_Stragint, Steam: DoublePitstoChesty
    What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

I never fear death or dyin', I only fear never trying.
  • Options
    Stragint wrote: »
    What is with Lost Dimension? Isn't it supposed to come out on Vita? I'm only seeing a PS3 version.

The store hasn't fully updated yet. The DLC is up but not the game itself yet.

• Options
    Stragint wrote: »

It's Danganronpa + Valkyria Chronicles = 7/10 for some reason.

• Options
    edited July 2015
    PSN summer sale has the titles up (but not all the prices.) The game selection kiiiiiiiiiiiiiiinda sucks so far... They're calling it "week 1" so maybe next week will be better :/ .

Lovely on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    NeurotikaNeurotika Registered User regular
    Wasn't Darkest Dungeon coming to Vita at some point?

• Options
    DehumanizedDehumanized Registered User regular
    ForceVoid wrote: »

Yes. The developers have indicated that additional platforms probably won't be out until the game's out of Early Access, though... so, uh, be ready to wait a long time.

• Options
    NeurotikaNeurotika Registered User regular
    Gotcha, I haven't looked at it on Steam for quite some time, didn't realize it was EA

• Options
    RenzoRenzo Registered User regular
    Same with Nuclear Throne. Even though people are playing it, they're still in Early Access. The finished product will be what we get on consoles.

• Options
    ForceVoid wrote: »

Yes. The developers have indicated that additional platforms probably won't be out until the game's out of Early Access, though... so, uh, be ready to wait a long time.

It's supposed to go full 1.0 launch in October.