As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

"I said come in! Don't just stand there!" (S.T.A.L.K. T.A.L.K.)

• Options
    DartboyDartboy Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Yeah, the over-under rifle, the TOZ-34 is a great gun, better even than the SPAS-12 I've got. It's got great damage and accuracy, and even though it only holds 2 shots it reloads really quick. I just wish it could take a scope. And yeah, I think it's only buyable in OL. It's actually in the vanilla game's files, but for whatever reason it's not available.

Dartboy on
  • Options
    Dr SnofeldDr Snofeld Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    It's also available if you have Stoll's mod pack installed.

Dr Snofeld on
    l4d_sig.png
  • Options
    XtarathXtarath Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    I hate this Freedom/Duty quest. I've had it bug out twice. Each time it said to kill the duty squad, and I did, but then it didn't update or anything.

Xtarath on
  • Options
    SithDrummerSithDrummer Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Echo wrote: »
    Hah. I just happened to fraps a dog running into a whirligig.

Bet you wish you weren't blind now
    ahahah

SithDrummer on
  • Options
    subediisubedii Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Echo wrote: »
    Hah. I just happened to fraps a dog running into a whirligig.

Bet you wish you weren't blind now
    ahahah

I saw that happen once. Poor thing shot off into the horizon at around Mach 12.

subedii on
  • Options
    ShabootyShabooty Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Am I the only one who likes vanilla stalker more then OL?

Shabooty on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    Shabooty wrote: »
    Am I the only one who likes vanilla stalker more then OL?

I tried OL once, but found it frustrating with the huge increase in enemies and difficulty. Especially since it would often end up affecting quest characters as well.

I'm just sticking with Stoll's pack now. That just fixes stuff that was a bit broken and makes things a little more convenient without actually changing the core gameplay.

subedii on
  • Options
    BlindPsychicBlindPsychic Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    I'm liking this version of OL, I seem to remember playing a mod before that I think was oblivion lost, and it just keep being like LOL ZOMBIE BEHIND YOU! every 5 minutes, it made getting through the tunnels impossible. Because they were super zombies that just absorbed bullets and pretty much kill you in one hit.

BlindPsychic on
  • Options
    vsovevsove ....also yes. Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    My biggest problem with OL is the power plant; they change it from just pretty challenging to ass-rapingly difficult. Dwarves pretty much everywhere, as well as bloodsuckers and monolith troopers. Way too hard; I had to cheat to beat it.

vsove on
    WATCH THIS SPACE.
  • Options
    BlindPsychicBlindPsychic Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Did anyone find the minigun in OL yet? That might help on that part haha.

BlindPsychic on
  • Options
    DeMoNDeMoN twitch.tv/toxic_cizzle Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Where can I find the Stoll pack?

DeMoN on
    Steam id : Toxic Cizzle
    *TyCart*_banner.jpg
  • Options
    zimfanzimfan Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    In his (Stoll's) Sig.

zimfan on
    PasscodeSig.png
  • Options
    Tim JamesTim James Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Except the screenname is Stolls with an s, which might help with searching.

Tim James on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    Yeah, sorry.

So, I'm at the entrance to the lab (X18)

I have 1 stone blood and 4 slime artifacts.

Also a bunch of ammo for my awesome gun whch I forget the name of.

I'll wait until tomorrow morning to go in.

zimfan on
    PasscodeSig.png
  • Options
    gogglesgoggles Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    I thought I was supposed to have some sort of psi protection when trying to shut down the emitter in x16? Am I supposed to be taking lots of damage when I get to the final area? I was under the impression that the doc gave me something, but I'm definitely not protected..

goggles on
  • Options
    SorensonSorenson Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Don't you have the psi helmet headset thingamabobber? You get it right after you do the mission with Krugalov to take radiation measurements. Or did you get the gimped version?

Sorenson on
  • Options
    JeffHJeffH Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    So, I haven't played this in practically a year, and never got far at all because of an older computer. What would be the recommended mods to get for a first time playthrough?

JeffH on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    Oblivion Lost, baby. Oblivion Lost.

Sorenson on
  • Options
    gogglesgoggles Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    I got no psi headset, I did no radiation stuff. When I got to Yantar, I went to go see them, and Kruglov never offered me any missions. When I got there he went out to go do something, and all I could ever say to him was "see yah." Eventually I wandered into the base where the psi emissions are, and somehow ended up in x16.

Maybe I should start yantar over?

goggles on
  • Options
    DisruptorX2DisruptorX2 Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    I have now reached the same area I was at on my old PC that couldn't run the game for shit. the "family rifle" quest has just been turned in and I'm searching for a radiation suit.

I love STALKER.

DisruptorX2 on
    1208768734831.jpg
  • Options
    SithDrummerSithDrummer Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Yeah, I had to keep eating/healing on the way into both the Scorcher and the Emitter. Once you get downstairs on your way to the Emitter, you shouldn't be hurting until you reach the main room, where it picks up again. As for the Scorcher, once you get inside the damage stops entirely.

SithDrummer on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    goggles wrote: »
    I got no psi headset, I did no radiation stuff. When I got to Yantar, I went to go see them, and Kruglov never offered me any missions. When I got there he went out to go do something, and all I could ever say to him was "see yah." Eventually I wandered into the base where the psi emissions are, and somehow ended up in x16.

Maybe I should start yantar over?
    Yeah, pretty much.

Except that you can't.

YOU CAN'T ESCAPE.

Well, unless you use the autosave file.

Sorenson on
  • Options
    SyngyneSyngyne Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Did anyone find the minigun in OL yet? That might help on that part haha.
    I actually found the minigun kind of useless, because you pretty much have to be
    wearing an exoskeleton to carry any appreciable amount of ammo for it, and that screws you in high radiation levels. Plus, it's inaccurate as hell.
    . I just stuck with the F2000 and the Vintorez.

Syngyne on
    5gsowHm.png
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    Oh man, where'd you find it?

Sorenson on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    Question for you dudes, how big an issue is ammo? Should I not really worry about it too much? Seems like most enemies are equiped with what I'm using so going with the newest, coolest assault rifle doesn't hurt.

DisruptorX2 on
    1208768734831.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    Depends on your playstyle. Reading the Zombie Survival Guide and all sorts of discussion on the topic's imbued me with a single-shot/three-round burst habit, and I can usually squeek by with about ~300 rounds for a good-length sojourn. Stuff that uses the 7.62 ammo used by all the AK guns is always good to have around because you'll find craploads of it.

Sorenson on
  • Options
    BigDesBigDes Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Was the minigun something that was already in the code and GSC didn't put it in the game or is it a new model?

BigDes on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    Sorenson wrote: »
    Depends on your playstyle. Reading the Zombie Survival Guide and all sorts of discussion on the topic's imbued me with a single-shot/three-round burst habit, and I can usually squeek by with about ~300 rounds for a good-length sojourn. Stuff that uses the 7.62 ammo used by all the AK guns is always good to have around because you'll find craploads of it.

I'm fairly conservative with my ammo, yeah.

DisruptorX2 on
    1208768734831.jpg
  • Options
    glithertglithert Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Is there any way to spawn objects? Sid wants a unique pistol that I sold to the Barkeep ages ago.

glithert on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    Reading the Zombie Survival Guide and all sorts of discussion on the topic's imbued me with a single-shot/three-round burst habit, and I can usually squeek by with about ~300 rounds for a good-length sojourn.

Yeah same here. And for the same reason too.

zimfan on
    PasscodeSig.png
  • Options
    SyngyneSyngyne Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Oh man, where'd you find it?
    To be honest I totally forget. I'm tempted to say it was from a quest from the Barkeep, but I couldn't tell you for sure.

It really isn't worth it, though.

Syngyne on
    5gsowHm.png
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    zimfan wrote: »
    Reading the Zombie Survival Guide and all sorts of discussion on the topic's imbued me with a single-shot/three-round burst habit, and I can usually squeek by with about ~300 rounds for a good-length sojourn.

Really though, that book is not just for undead onslaughts.

Shabooty on
  • Options
    edited July 2008

The ZSG is basically the penultimate survival guide: if you can survive a zombie apocalypse, you're pretty much capable of surviving anything.

Sorenson on
  • Options
    edited July 2008

The ZSG is basically the penultimate survival guide: if you can survive a zombie apocalypse, you're pretty much capable of surviving anything.

I love that book to death, is World War Z any good?

zimfan on
    PasscodeSig.png
  • Options
    edited July 2008

I love that book to death, is World War Z any good?

I have the audiobook, it's pretty awesome even though it's abridged. Mark Hamill is in it.

Shabooty on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    Some people loathe it, and some people love it: I'm one of the "love it" people. I got the audio version on my zune and god damn it was awesome.

Sorenson on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    Sorry, this is going to make me look like a huge grammar nazi prick but anyway,

Penultimate means 'Next to last' so calling the survival guide the penultimate survival guide doesn't really make sense.

BigDes on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    ...:oops:

Sorenson on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    BigDes wrote: »

Penultimate means 'Next to last' so calling the survival guide the penultimate survival guide doesn't really make sense.

It does if there's a guide better than it.

/ logic nitpick. :P

subedii on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    subedii wrote: »
    BigDes wrote: »

It does if there's a guide better than it.

/ logic nitpick. :P

Or if there's another one the shelf after it.

BigDes on
    steam_sig.png
This discussion has been closed.