As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

"I said come in! Don't just stand there!" (S.T.A.L.K. T.A.L.K.)

• Options
    subediisubedii Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    BigDes wrote: »
    subedii wrote: »
    BigDes wrote: »
    Sorry, this is going to make me look like a huge grammar nazi prick but anyway,

Penultimate means 'Next to last' so calling the survival guide the penultimate survival guide doesn't really make sense.

It does if there's a guide better than it.

/ logic nitpick. :P

Or if there's another one the shelf after it.

*Looks at shelf*

"The complete guide to speed knitting"?

subedii on
  • Options
    zimfanzimfan Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    So I should find an audio version of World War Z?

I'll get right on it.

zimfan on
    PasscodeSig.png
  • Options
    vsovevsove ....also yes. Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Starting a new play through - I am addicted, it is very true. Can't wait for Clear Sky.

vsove on
    WATCH THIS SPACE.
  • Options
    GrudgeGrudge blessed is the mind too small for doubtRegistered User regular
    edited July 2008
    World War Z - I can strongly recommend it.

Grudge on
  • Options
    glithertglithert Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    glithert wrote: »
    Is there any way to spawn objects? Sid wants a unique pistol that I sold to the Barkeep ages ago.

glithert on
  • Options
    DroolDrool Science! AustinRegistered User regular
    edited July 2008
    So I wanted to start this game up again and really give it a fair shake, but it crashes constantly. I have an 8800GTS, with the latest drivers (unless something new has been released very recently), but is there a mod that fixes crashes or is that beyond the scope of what a mod can do?

Drool on
  • Options
    GrudgeGrudge blessed is the mind too small for doubtRegistered User regular
    edited July 2008
    I take it you have applied the 1.0005 patch?

Grudge on
  • Options
    DroolDrool Science! AustinRegistered User regular
    edited July 2008
    I have it on Steam. I assume they're up to date on patches.

Drool on
  • Options
    RialeRiale I'm a little slow Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Quick question:

I'm in the Red Forest bunker, I've just turned off the brain scorcher and in the same room there's a locked door with a keypad. I've scoured the facility top to bottom and haven't found the code. According to a gamefaqs guide, the code is in your PDA after you turn off the scorcher, but the code the FAQ lists doesn't work and I can't find anything in my PDA.

Does anyone know what the code is for this door, if it's important at all and how to get it? I don't want to miss out on something important here.

Riale on
    33c9nxz.gif
    Steam | XBL: Elazual | Last.fm
  • Options
    DeMoNDeMoN twitch.tv/toxic_cizzle Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Oh what the hell, was anyone else aware that Clear Sky comes out at the end of freakin august?
    There's like 8 fucking games I need to buy before the year ends and I do not have enough money.

DeMoN on
    Steam id : Toxic Cizzle
    *TyCart*_banner.jpg
  • Options
    PharezonPharezon Struggle is an illusion. Victory is in the Qun.Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    I vaguely remember Stolls saying you can play Oblivion Lost with ZRP but I want to make sure. Should I just do a fresh install instead?

Pharezon on
    jkZziGc.png
  • Options
    Dr SnofeldDr Snofeld Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Riale wrote: »
    Quick question:

I'm in the Red Forest bunker, I've just turned off the brain scorcher and in the same room there's a locked door with a keypad. I've scoured the facility top to bottom and haven't found the code. According to a gamefaqs guide, the code is in your PDA after you turn off the scorcher, but the code the FAQ lists doesn't work and I can't find anything in my PDA.

Does anyone know what the code is for this door, if it's important at all and how to get it? I don't want to miss out on something important here.

I think some Monolith soldiers will have codes on their PDAs. Though this includes those in Red Forest itself. There's nothing much in there though, just supplies. In fact I believe that one door doesn't have a code and is just there to make the lab look bigger.

Dr Snofeld on
    l4d_sig.png
  • Options
    Tim JamesTim James Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    DeMoN wrote: »
    Oh what the hell, was anyone else aware that Clear Sky comes out at the end of freakin august?
    There's like 8 fucking games I need to buy before the year ends and I do not have enough money.
    This is the first one, well before Christmas season. If you are worried now, you're doomed in a couple months!

I have a late August birthday so I'm lucking out on that one. Yes, I have a real job and could easily buy it, but I've also spent about $500 in the last year on old games and peripherals to play them. Birthday present keeps everyone happy. :)

Heck, I almost forgot that I have the green light to upgrade my computer as a birthday present to myself. That'll be fun. Any midrange video cards getting released in the next month? I'll have to check out those ATI cards.

Tim James on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    StollsStolls Brave Corporate Logo Chicago, ILRegistered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Pharezon wrote: »
    I vaguely remember Stolls saying you can play Oblivion Lost with ZRP but I want to make sure. Should I just do a fresh install instead?

You're safe if you install ZRP first. Most of the fixes are redundant anyway, and the rest works well enough. OL depends on too many files to get working the other way around without some serious mod surgery. You can, however, graft smaller mods onto OL if you're careful; I was able to get the HUD mod working by nixing only one file.

Stolls on
    kstolls on Twitch, streaming weekends at 9pm CST!
    Now playing: Teardown and Baldur's Gate 3 (co-op)
    Sunday Spotlight: Horror Tales: The Wine
  • Options
    SnowbeatSnowbeat i need something to kick this thing's ass over the lineRegistered User regular
    edited July 2008
    hey Stolls

love the mod pack, but hate the MP5 integrated scope. I like the iron sights

how do I rid myself of the scope mod without deleting the rest of the package and/or reinstall the pack without the mod

Snowbeat on
    Q1e6oi8.gif
  • Options
    BigDesBigDes Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Snowbeat wrote: »
    hey Stolls

love the mod pack, but hate the MP5 integrated scope. I like the iron sights

how do I rid myself of the scope mod without deleting the rest of the package and/or reinstall the pack without the mod

Yeah, the scope for the mp5 annoyed me as well.

BigDes on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    StormwatcherStormwatcher Blegh BlughRegistered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Hey Stolls
    I installed the latest mod pack and the gun real name mod isn't working.
    FIX IT!
    <3<3<3<3

Stormwatcher on
    Steam: Stormwatcher | PSN: Stormwatcher33 | Switch: 5961-4777-3491
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    Cold KoalaCold Koala Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    I didn't like the mp5 scope either, and it did kind of break the visual feel of the game--but come on. You use the mp5 for like the first hour of the game, max.

Cold Koala on
  • Options
    TechBoyTechBoy Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    The MP5 destroys bandits. Like a paper shredder, but for bandits.

Does anyone know how weapon degradation affects the guns? Less accurate? More jams? I noticed that armor stats go down a ton as the armor degrades, but the weapons seem unchanged.

TechBoy on
    tf2_sig.png
  • Options
    JaramrJaramr Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Ive noticed that the weapons tend to just Jam a whole lot, where as they still maintain the same accuracy.

But I haven't been looking very closely at them either.

Jaramr on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    JPatrickJPatrick Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    So I got into the sarcophagus area last night.
    That voice. That creepy fucking voice.
    I wonder if it would be creepier if I knew what it was saying?

JPatrick on
  • Options
    SithDrummerSithDrummer Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    JPatrick wrote: »
    See for yourself:
    You will gain what you deserve. Your wish will soon come true. Come to me. Your path is ending. Come to me. Only one will be rewarded.

(according to this site) - site has spoilers, of course.

SithDrummer on
  • Options
    SudsSuds Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Less creepy knowing what it means.

Suds on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    So I take the mission to find the Dutyer's weapon, and the icon shows it in Agroprom. I'd killed some bandits when I was last there, and the icon corresponds to that location. So I head there and when I enter Agroprom, the icon's moved to a spot with nothing. The corpses are gone, the gun's not on the ground...now what?

Dr Snofeld on
    l4d_sig.png
  • Options
    Big ClassyBig Classy Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    JPatrick wrote: »
    See for yourself:
    You will gain what you deserve. Your wish will soon come true. Come to me. Your path is ending. Come to me. Only one will be rewarded.

(according to this site) - site has spoilers, of course.

I'm sure upon hearing it I'll shit myself, but as of right now, after reading that I have a boner.

Big Classy on
  • Options
    SueveSueve Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Has stalker been for sale on steam yet? I'm waiting to get it, but 10 is so much more tempting than 20

Sueve on
  • Options
    IceBurnerIceBurner It's cold and there are penguins.Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Dr Snofeld wrote: »
    So I take the mission to find the Dutyer's weapon, and the icon shows it in Agroprom. I'd killed some bandits when I was last there, and the icon corresponds to that location. So I head there and when I enter Agroprom, the icon's moved to a spot with nothing. The corpses are gone, the gun's not on the ground...now what?

"Oh, thats a controller doing that to you. But I know a remedy! Next time you go to deep inside the Zone, take a few bottles (of vodka) and give him them."

IceBurner on
    3DS: 3024-6114-2886 | NNID: Rabites | Steam: IceBurner
    PSN: theIceBurner, IceBurnerEU, IceBurner-JP | X-Link Kai: TheIceBurner
    Dragon's Dogma: 192 Warrior Linty | 80 Strider Alicia | 32 Mage Terra
  • Options
    bloodrbloodr Registered User regular
    edited July 2008

after 3 play throughs of OL, i've never seen it at the location shown on the map. It seems to always have been picked up by bandits/merc/freedom/monolith. Kills lots of bad guys and search corpses.

bloodr on
    b1oodrose.png
    b1oodrose.png
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    bloodr wrote: »

after 3 play throughs of OL, i've never seen it at the location shown on the map. It seems to always have been picked up by bandits/merc/freedom/monolith. Kills lots of bad guys and search corpses.

So basically I gotta go hunting in Agroprom? Shooting guys til I find the gun?

Nice. Some quality time with my shotgun.

Dr Snofeld on
    l4d_sig.png
  • Options
    StollsStolls Brave Corporate Logo Chicago, ILRegistered User regular
    edited July 2008

That gun's usually carried by Poker, a veteran bandit hiding in the tunnels after you clear it the first time.

Working on the MP5 scope thing. I'll move it into the optionals for the next release, but I'll see if I can dig it out quickly in the meantime. The Russian name thing should be an easy fix, just slapping the existing RuNam mod on top of it; which makes me wonder why I haven't seen this happen yet. I'm gonna mess with it a little and see what comes up.

Stolls on
    kstolls on Twitch, streaming weekends at 9pm CST!
    Now playing: Teardown and Baldur's Gate 3 (co-op)
    Sunday Spotlight: Horror Tales: The Wine
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    Stolls wrote: »

That gun's usually carried by Poker, a veteran bandit hiding in the tunnels after you clear it the first time.

Working on the MP5 scope thing. I'll move it into the optionals for the next release, but I'll see if I can dig it out quickly in the meantime. The Russian name thing should be an easy fix, just slapping the existing RuNam mod on top of it; which makes me wonder why I haven't seen this happen yet. I'm gonna mess with it a little and see what comes up.

Oh, if you're doing another release, is there a mod that adds the extra guitar songs and harmonica music played by NPCs in OL as a stand-alone? Is the added music from the original files, but just not in the game.

Speaking of which, is the over-under shotgun from the original game or a mod?

I love that gun.

EDIT: Yep, you were right, Poker had the gun, and he was underground.

Dr Snofeld on
    l4d_sig.png
  • Options
    AntithesisAntithesis Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    I picked up an assignment to clear a Bloodsucker nest, and I was surprised when it showed complete after I killed just one. Then I heard this strange cry coming at me from all sides and saw blurry shapes all around me. I ran all the way through a Duty encampment with at least 5 bloodsuckers running after me, all of which began attacking everyone.

And that's when I decided I should probably join Freedom.

Antithesis on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    Duty reminds me of the modern republican party more than anything else.

glithert on
  • Options
    PharezonPharezon Struggle is an illusion. Victory is in the Qun.Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    God damn I've played an hour or 2 of Oblivion Lost and I still haven't left the newbie village area. Fuck cats and military raids and D:

Pharezon on
    jkZziGc.png
  • Options
    VaLiantineVaLiantine Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    I'm sure this has been posted if so, pay no attention to it. One STALKER mod I'm very fond of is Millenia's Armory. Highly detail reskins for most of the firearms in the game. There are two other mods I use for the rest of the Russian weapons and another for the American/European weapons.

VaLiantine on
  • Options
    HeirHeir Ausitn, TXRegistered User regular
    edited July 2008

Really? They just remind me more of a people who don't want others to abuse the powers of the zone. Lot better than that hippie crap they've got going over at Freedom. :)

Heir on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    Heir wrote: »

Really? They just remind me more of a people who don't want others to abuse the powers of the zone. Lot better than that hippie crap they've got going over at Freedom. :)

Well, I didn't say that Freedom was any good either. You either take a bunch of idiots railing against "the establishment" or a bunch of idiots that whine about the evil evil zone and the evil people in it but never actually do anything about it.
    Not really much choice.

glithert on
  • Options
    LaCabraLaCabra MelbourneRegistered User regular
    edited July 2008
    This is why I killed them all.

It seems like it might have added something cool to the game if there was actually some kind of moral/political dilemma about whether to side with duty or freedom or neither, like if both sides had some good points or something. But as it turns out they're all just wankers.

LaCabra on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    Well, Freedom does have a Vintorez sniper rifle that you can steal. And they always give out ammo for the nicer rifles. That's the only reason I sided with them, really.

glithert on
  • Options
    ShabootyShabooty Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    I figured out why my screen always tears in this game, the enable V-Sync option doesn't.

Shabooty on
This discussion has been closed.