As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

"I said come in! Don't just stand there!" (S.T.A.L.K. T.A.L.K.)

• Options
    SnowbeatSnowbeat i need something to kick this thing's ass over the lineRegistered User regular
    edited July 2008
    VaLiantine wrote: »
    I'm sure this has been posted if so, pay no attention to it. One STALKER mod I'm very fond of is Millenia's Armory. Highly detail reskins for most of the firearms in the game. There are two other mods I use for the rest of the Russian weapons and another for the American/European weapons.
    what mods would those be?

Snowbeat on
    Q1e6oi8.gif
  • Options
    VaLiantineVaLiantine Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Snowbeat wrote: »
    VaLiantine wrote: »
    I'm sure this has been posted if so, pay no attention to it. One STALKER mod I'm very fond of is Millenia's Armory. Highly detail reskins for most of the firearms in the game. There are two other mods I use for the rest of the Russian weapons and another for the American/European weapons.
    what mods would those be?

Russian Beta skins and NATO beta skins. These were the original skins of the weapons til THQ came by and told them "No, we don't want to pay for trademark." thus they placed those shitty skins in the retail game.

VaLiantine on
  • Options
    vsovevsove ....also yes. Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    There's a pretty neat automatic shotgun with the new Oblivion-Lost; looks like an AK-47 but it fires shotgun ammunition rather more quickly than even the automatic shotties. I call it the 'Bloodsucker Killer'.

vsove on
    WATCH THIS SPACE.
  • Options
    DartboyDartboy Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Yeah, the Saiga-12K, or G, or whatever. It's great, but I kind of hate using it because it kind of makes all the other shotguns superfluous.

Speaking of OL guns, anyone have a good list on where to find stuff? Since most of the new guns are out in the world rather than sold, you really have to go searching for them. I found that in the Agroprom factory, and a TMP in the hangar in the Garbage, but the only other OL guns I've come across in the wild are from those random encounters it adds. Right now I'm rocking a Kriss Super V as my backup gun, and it's neat.

Dartboy on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    Dartboy wrote: »
    Yeah, the Saiga-12K, or G, or whatever. It's great, but I kind of hate using it because it kind of makes all the other shotguns superfluous.

Speaking of OL guns, anyone have a good list on where to find stuff? Since most of the new guns are out in the world rather than sold, you really have to go searching for them. I found that in the Agroprom factory, and a TMP in the hangar in the Garbage, but the only other OL guns I've come across in the wild are from those random encounters it adds. Right now I'm rocking a Kriss Super V as my backup gun, and it's neat.

I worried about that, right up until I hit a group of five chimeras. Suddenly you realize why Oblivion Lost adds more powerful guns - because you need them.

vsove on
    WATCH THIS SPACE.
  • Options
    FrostyFrosty Registered User regular
    edited July 2008

I found the TMP, but do you remember where the shotgun is in Agroprom? Hopefully not in the underground part D:

Frosty on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    Frosty wrote: »

I found the TMP, but do you remember where the shotgun is in Agroprom? Hopefully not in the underground part D:

It's in the stalker camp where you save Mole from the military the first time.

One of the buildings, just sitting on the floor.

vsove on
    WATCH THIS SPACE.
  • Options
    XtarathXtarath Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    So, I love this game so much.

I was heading to the clear out the Bloodsucker leair in the Army Warehouses, when I come upon the camp of mega Stalkers, with Master there too. I see a body roasting in the fire, so I check it out. I thought I remembered him, and I search to find out, he's Wolf! Now I may of over reacted a little when I decided these bastards needed to pay.(Overlooking the fact they could of been Wolf's buddies. So I pull out my knife and stab the Father in the back to teach a lesson. Take his modded shotgun to kill the rookie then knife Master in the back to end my killing spree.

Then I head out to clear the lair, when I just kill one who charged at me to complete the quest.

Found a couple Freedom bodies to show they helped me out, at the cost of their lives. :)

Xtarath on
  • Options
    P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Oh god. I only brought 300 something rifle rounds to X18.
    And only 3 grenades. Goddamnit, OL! I don't want to fight your stupid boss!

P10 on
    Shameful pursuits and utterly stupid opinions
  • Options
    BlindPsychicBlindPsychic Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Got a mod that adds a Mosin-Nagant to OL. Its pretty sweet, except a complete pain in the ass to aim with, and makes me yearn for the ability to go prone.

BlindPsychic on
  • Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    edited July 2008
    Ha, I just found Wolf roasting in the fire at Warehouses too. :P

Echo on
  • Options
    LaCabraLaCabra MelbourneRegistered User regular
    edited July 2008

He's really not that hard. Three grenades would probably do it.

LaCabra on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    Quick question: I finally got to the bar and am doing some side missions before heading into the dark valley to continue the story. One of the side missions has me heading to the wild territory next to the bar. So I zone over and hesitate when I hear some scripted radio chatter from bandits or whoever is out there.

Will going to the wild territory before I head to the dark valley do anything to mess up the order of the story? I don't want to screw up my playthrough by going places/finishing things before I'm supposed to

Frosty on
  • Options
    LaCabraLaCabra MelbourneRegistered User regular
    edited July 2008
    I found that that area was best left for later on.

LaCabra on
  • Options
    XtarathXtarath Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Echo wrote: »
    Ha, I just found Wolf roasting in the fire at Warehouses too. :P

He sure gets around doesn't he?

Xtarath on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    LaCabra wrote: »

I used ten, and then some rifle ammo to bring him down. I found a pack of 7 grenades and 150ish rifle ammo, which carried me out of the lab.

Now, if only I could find the Saiga or the TMP where they are supposed to be found...:(

P10 on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    LaCabra wrote: »

I used ten, and then some rifle ammo to bring him down. I found a pack of 7 grenades and 150ish rifle ammo, which carried me out of the lab.

Now, if only I could find the Saiga or the TMP where they are supposed to be found...:(

I found the TMP at the stalker base in the garbage. Go to the entrance where the guards are standing and it should be inside the hangar area to your right

Frosty on
  • Options
    GrudgeGrudge blessed is the mind too small for doubtRegistered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Will going to the wild territory before I head to the dark valley do anything to mess up the order of the story? I don't want to screw up my playthrough by going places/finishing things before I'm supposed to

Nope no problems, just as long as you don't continue on to Yantar from there. In fact I found a very nice SEVA suit in a stash in the Wild Territory, which I was very happy to have when I went to the dark valley.

Grudge on
  • Options
    Waka LakaWaka Laka Riding the stuffed Unicorn If ya know what I mean.Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    25 minutes of Stalker Clear Sky

I said watch... don't just sit there...

Waka Laka on
  • Options
    edited July 2008

I found the TMP at the stalker base in the garbage. Go to the entrance where the guards are standing and it should be inside the hangar area to your right

I know where they are supposed to be. Whether or not they are actually there is another matter. I think some Stalker may have picked them up or something, because I didn't pick up either gun my first time through the area.

That video showed a lot of good changes, notably good starting weapons (starting overunder? hell yes, look out bandits) bandits dropping a lot of ammo (10-20 on average) and what looked to be improved combat AI. So excited.

P10 on
  • Options
    Dr SnofeldDr Snofeld Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Man...no matter how many times you go through X18 it never gets easier. And I still haven't figured out if you can kill the thing that throws boxes at you.

Dr Snofeld on
    l4d_sig.png
  • Options
    zimfanzimfan Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Dr Snofeld wrote: »
    Man...no matter how many times you go through X18 it never gets easier. And I still haven't figured out if you can kill the thing that throws boxes at you.

Isn't that thing like a floating entity?

I'm sure I took out a whole bunch of them.

zimfan on
    PasscodeSig.png
  • Options
    DartboyDartboy Registered User regular
    edited July 2008

You do kill the thing that throws stuff at you. It's the boss at the end. Notice how on your way out the stuff isn't flying around anymore?

Dartboy on
  • Options
    zimfanzimfan Registered User regular
    edited July 2008

You do kill the thing that throws stuff at you. It's the boss at the end. Notice how on your way out the stuff isn't flying around anymore?

Are you sure?

I'm sure that's becauseof the military presence.

and you can kill the things (there are more than one) before the boss.

The boss doesn't have telekinesis but pyrokinesis.

zimfan on
    PasscodeSig.png
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    you can kill those orb guys, I shotgunned them to death and it turns into something that looks like a Doom3 imp. Thats in OL anyway. Using a rilfe didn't seem to be as effective.

BlindPsychic on
  • Options
    PharezonPharezon Struggle is an illusion. Victory is in the Qun.Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Waka Laka wrote: »

Late.

Also should I use the hunting shotgun or the AN-94 that I picked up from a military group that I lured to the newbie camp?

Pharezon on
    jkZziGc.png
  • Options
    StollsStolls Brave Corporate Logo Chicago, ILRegistered User regular
    edited July 2008
    All right, sorry about the wait guys. Got a few other projects going on, not the least of which involved moving around a whole lot of furniture. But I determined that it's easy to remove the MP5 mod, and safe to do so. Delete the following:

1) w_mp5.ltx in gamedata\config\weapons

2) wpn_crosshair_MP5.dds and wpn_mp5.dds in gamedata\textures\wpn

And the Russian Names mod should work by default in my mod package, but if for some reason it doesn't you can safely install it over whatever you have in the gamedata folder. It's one of the few mods I was able to install over OL without any problems.

Edit: Oh damn, we're near the 100 pages mark. They grow up so fast...

Stolls on
    kstolls on Twitch, streaming weekends at 9pm CST!
    Now playing: Teardown and Baldur's Gate 3 (co-op)
    Sunday Spotlight: Horror Tales: The Wine
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    Pharezon wrote: »
    Waka Laka wrote: »

Late.

Also should I use the hunting shotgun or the AN-94 that I picked up from a military group that I lured to the newbie camp?

Hunting shotgun. Suprisingly accurate at extreme range. With dart rounds. Or slug rounds if you can't get dart rounds.

Dr Snofeld on
    l4d_sig.png
  • Options
    PharezonPharezon Struggle is an illusion. Victory is in the Qun.Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Stolls wrote: »
    All right, sorry about the wait guys. Got a few other projects going on, not the least of which involved moving around a whole lot of furniture. But I determined that it's easy to remove the MP5 mod, and safe to do so. Delete the following:

And the Russian Names mod should work by default in my mod package, but if for some reason it doesn't you can safely install it over whatever you have in the gamedata folder. It's one of the few mods I was able to install over OL without any problems.

Hey stolls do the prefetch fix and flashlight mod work over OL?

Pharezon on
    jkZziGc.png
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    Yeah, both of those work too. It looks like simple text and texture replacements aren't too big a deal, and OL doesn't touch prefetching in any way - which seems like an odd omission - so you're perfectly fine if you throw those right on top of OL.

Stolls on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    Stolls wrote: »

Do these changes invalidate saved games? If so it's no big deal, I have no intention of wielding an MP5 at this point again.

Dr Snofeld on
    l4d_sig.png
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    Nah, you should be fine. The only issue I noticed is that any stalkers already spawned will keep their given name until cycled out of the system (killed, wandered off, etc). In other words, if a stalker spawns with stuff like Alex Brave, he'll keep that name as long as he exists in the game, but any new stalkers you come across will have the new set of names. Normally they get filtered out unless you make friends or enemies with that specific group of stalkers - Mole's guys, for instance, showed up even late in the game around Agroprom in one rare instance where I was able to befriend them during the attack.

But yeah, ripping the MP5 upgrade out caused no problems whatsover, and saving/loading worked just fine.

Stolls on
  • Options
    SnowbeatSnowbeat i need something to kick this thing's ass over the lineRegistered User regular
    edited July 2008
    cool, thanks Stolls

a couple of questions on the game though (spoilers)
    I just recovered the key to X18 from Borak (or whatever his name is) in the bandit base, then I returned to the Bar to wait out the night (I don't like being in the dark if I can avoid it). Should I do any missions before I head out to X18?

Also, what things do I have to do to get the "best" ending (aka the one where you teleport around Chernobyl)?

Snowbeat on
    Q1e6oi8.gif
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    cool, thanks Stolls

a couple of questions on the game though (spoilers)
    I just recovered the key to X18 from Borak (or whatever his name is) in the bandit base, then I returned to the Bar to wait out the night (I don't like being in the dark if I can avoid it). Should I do any missions before I head out to X18?

Also, what things do I have to do to get the "best" ending (aka the one where you teleport around Chernobyl)?
    Since you spend most of your trip in X18 indoors it was a bit of a waste to go back, but what you do in Bar before dawn is up to you. Arena fights are visually the same whether it's day or night so you may want to do those.

And to get the "best" ending make sure you do all the quests relating to Strelok.

Dr Snofeld on
    l4d_sig.png
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    Since you spend most of your trip in X18 indoors it was a bit of a waste to go back, but what you do in Bar before dawn is up to you. Arena fights are visually the same whether it's day or night so you may want to do those.

And to get the "best" ending make sure you do all the quests relating to Strelok.
    what quests would those be? I mean, should I go into Yantar and see if I can find Ghost? or will the barkeep give me Strelok-related quests

also, are there any mods which translate the background conversations into subtitles? I wish I could understand what they're saying

Snowbeat on
    Q1e6oi8.gif
  • Options
    edited July 2008

what quests would those be? I mean, should I go into Yantar and see if I can find Ghost? or will the barkeep give me Strelok-related quests

also, are there any mods which translate the background conversations into subtitles? I wish I could understand what they're saying
    You'll be going to Yantar after X18 anyway, it's only after that that the Strelok questline splits off a little bit. After Yantar Barkeep'll send you off to another lab, at that point you'll have a separate quest related to Strelok in your PDA. It's very easy, just don't forget about it.

Dr Snofeld on
    l4d_sig.png
  • Options
    sgt robsgt rob Pure Rock Fury Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    I don't post here often but I wanted to say THANKS! to Stolls for that cool mod pack. Also to anyone that helped make them. :heart:

sgt rob on
    Alien imposter. Pretender. I'll keep you safe now. Close to my heart.
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    Aw man the PPSH that comes with the OL mod is pretty awesome, although having 71 round clips is a great way to blow through ammo.

BlindPsychic on
  • Options
    sgt robsgt rob Pure Rock Fury Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Oh bugger, I now tried adding the optional mod of having the MP5 in the pistol slot as well as removing the annoying new red-crosshair in the stolls mod. But my game crashes now. :(

sgt rob on
    Alien imposter. Pretender. I'll keep you safe now. Close to my heart.
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    Is there a trick to transforming artifacts in anomalies? I'm trying to toss my 'mama's beads' artifact into an electric anomaly but there doesn't seem to be any way to tell if its working

Frosty on
This discussion has been closed.